The 139th Hunger Games

بواسطة Mueza2021

This is the story of the 139th Hunger Games, if Katniss and the rebellion didn't exist. This year's tributes... المزيد

Chapter 1: Jasper and Ivory
Chapter 2: Blade and Hera
Chapter 3: Krypto and Kidra
Chapter 4: Caspian and Marin
Chapter 5: Warren and Zara
Chapter 6: Jon and Vicktoria
Chapter 7: Cedar and Juniper
Chapter 8: Nylon and Lea
Chapter 9: Demitrius and Alina
Chapter 10: Ari and Cinderli
Chapter 11: Durian and Ash
Chapter 12: Winston and Holly
Chapter 13: Train Ride and Tribute Parade, Part 1
Chapter 15: Training
Chapter 16: Private Sessions
Chapter 17: Tribute Information
Chapter 18: Interviews
Chapter 19, Part 1: The Bloodbath

Chapter 14: Train Ride and Tribute Parade, Part 2

7 0 1
بواسطة Mueza2021

                                                                             District 7

                                                                               Cedar           

I sit in the train, fiddling with some loose threads on my scarf. I can't wait for dinner. Aware of the fact that I haven't eaten a proper meal ever since my parents were alive. But for now, I rest, laying down on the silky sheets. At dinner, I talk a bit with the other tribute, Juniper. My mentor is druk, and her mentor, Johanna Mason, just finished giving her some useful tips. I sleep later, in anticipation of the next day.

After my prep team is done, my stylist brings me my costume. Apparently I am to be dressed as a tree. It's a horrible costume, and I am not thrilled to be parading in front of the entire nation in it. As expected, no one in the audience claps. I'm losing the little hope I have of winning already.

                                                                              Juniper

The train has more luxury than anything in my entire life. I only wish my siblings could enjoy it with me. I wonder if they will have enough to eat. The anxiety about the Games makes me want to get out of here, until I realize I'm starving. I head to dinner. My mentor gives me some helpful advice, and I decide that I am going to try my hardest to win. I owe my family that much.

The next day, after the prep team gets me ready, my stylist brings me my costume: an outfit that makes me look like a bush. It's horrible, but still the finest thing I have worn in my life. No one in the audience cheers. My chances of getting sponsors are just getting smaller.

                                                                          District 8

                                                                               Nylon

On the train, I shower and relax. Here I am free, even if only for a week. No older brothers bullying and controlling me. When it is time for dinner, I head to the dining room and eat until I can't stomach anymore food. My mentor doesn't seem to care for our survival. I tried asking him politely, but he didn't respond. 

When it is time to go to our stylists, the train pulls up. My costume is a suit made of a patchwork of different fabrics and colors. It's not my usual style, but it is creative and bright. It is, at least, better than anything from the other districts. When we parade around, two or three people cheer. I don't blame them. It's not like our costumes are amazing. I sigh. This is going to be a long week.

                                                                                 Lea

The real Lea, my twin, would have loved this train, I think, as I stroke the silken sheets. She had a thing for luxury, while I was more rough and outdoorsy. I miss her with all my heart, and I know that the only way to see her again is to survive the Hunger Games. That is why, at dinner, I wait, hoping for my mentor to give decent advice. Nylon, the boy, asks politely, and I roll my eyes. He is so passive. He is more of a doormat than a person. I ask my mentor aggressively, but he has passed out and is no longer able to give assisstance. 

My stylists dress me in a ridiculous outfit. It is a puffy dress with very puffy sleeves, and it looks more like a quilt than a dress. I look like a colorful marshmallow. In the parade, two people cheer, and because Nylon looks much better than me, I know for sure those people will be sponsoring him and not me. Guess my survival is up to luck, I think.

                                                                            District 9

                                                                           Demitrius

This luxury, on the train, this is more like it. I just can't wait to stuff my face in dinner. During dinner, I pay more attention to the food than my mentor. I won't win. I only came to enjoy this week, so why bother trying? 

The next day, my stylists dress me in a farmer's outfit. Even though it is not as bad as a coal miner's outfit or a tree, I'm nervous to parade in front of the entire nation in it. A few people cheer. Maybe because I am muscular, a few will sponsor me. Why do I care anyway?

                                                                              Alina

I was foolish to try to hide from the Reaping. That's my problem. I am impulsive and afraid. Maybe it was because I was already twelve, and had a lot of tesserae. But that doesn't matter now. I will do my best to win. At dinner, I asked my mentor for some advide. She told me that I had to kill as many people as possible to win. The male tribute pretendet we weren't even there. Why would he volunteer and not bother trying to win?

The next day, the stylists dress me in my costume: a farmer's costume. It looks like something I would wear back at work, at home. That makes me feel slightly better. About twenty people cheer. Maybe I can get some sponsors. 

                                                                               District 10

                                                                                       Ari

In the train ride, instead of giving me advide, my father just told me the story of how he won the Hunger Games. He didn't seem to pay attention to the fact that it didn't apply to me, since he was tall, muscular, and good with a weapon. Most of the time, he just bragged about his victories. I did however, enjoy the good food. Even though we were rich, we never had food as good as the Capitol's. I am nervous for the Games. Maybe volunteering was a bad idea.

The stylists dress me in my outfit. I am dissapointed to find out that it is a cow costume. I will not be ridiculed in front of the entire nation. At least we can't be worse than District 12. No one claps or cheers or does anything. A lot of people actually boo. But either way, I know I will have sponsors because of my father.

                                                                                 Cinderli

I can't stop thinking about my mother. Is she safe? Suddenly, the reality hits me. I will never see her again, even if I am crowned victor. Thinking about my mother reminds me of why I am here. Even though the odds are against me, I will do my best to survive. That's why I seek out my mentor, Ari's father. He is useless. All he does is brag about his victories. I realize I feel sorry for Ari. But there is no time for that. I can't make friendships if I want to win.

My stylists dress me the next day, and I am positively thrilled to be dressed as a cow. That was sarcasm? You don't say. Now I'm going to be a laughingstock in front of all of Panem. Although it doesn't matter what those people think. They are the people that want me dead.

                                                                           District 11

                                                                               Durian

I wonder if Jonas will get enough to eat. My female friend, Annalise, will make sure he is well fed. If I don't make it. Even thinking about that makes me feel sick to the stomach. When I volunteered, I made a sacrifice, knowing I would be walking to my death. 

My stylists dress me in an eggplant costume. It looks horrible, but as I watch the rest of the tributes, I feel much better knowing it's not as bad as the cow costumes from District 10. But this doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anymore what happens to me.

                                                                                    Ash

I wonder if my sisters miss me. Then again, I am pretty useless, so I don't see why they would care. It's good I volunteered instead of Cypress. My siblings would be dead if I didn't. At dinner, I try to enjoy the wide variety of food, wishing I could send some to my siblings. What was laid on the table for dinner would be enough to feed my family for a week.

The next day, my stylists dress me in my costume, which I am not thrilled to find out that is a banana. Although hideous, it is still better than Durian's eggplant costume. I don't want to parade in front of all of Panem, but it is much better than dying in a week.

                                                                                 District 12

                                                                                     Winston

I wish I hadn't been chosen. Even though I was ready to volunteer, I didn't seem to register the fact that it would be suicide. But I was Reaped, and there was nothing I could do about it. The entire ride, I tried to make contact with Holly, but she was in her room. I can understand why she is upset. Her sister let her die. If I don't win, I want it to be Holly that does.

My stylists dress me in my costume, which is a suit with lumps of coal on it. Even though it isn't that good, it's the best District 12 costume in history. Sure beats being naked and covered in coal dust. A few people cheer. I think they are just relieved to have a decent costume for our district. 

                                                                                        Holly

How could Ava, of all people, let me in here to die! Even though it is cruel, this is the norm. Most people wouldn't be willing to die for their family. But Ava had promised me. I stayed the entire train ride locked in my room, barely enjoying the luxury. 

The next day, my stylists dress me in my costume: a black dress with lumps of coal on it. It's the finest thing I've ever worn, and certinaly better than all of the past District 12 costumes in the past. Maybe the odds will be in my favor.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...