The Girl In 3A (A Sheldon Coo...

By jediavenger20

Adrianna Martin (or Andy, for short) is a 23-year-old runaway working on her PhD in Music Therapy in Southern... More

The Girl In 3A
Sheldon's Problem
Star Wars Night & Drunken Antics
Sheldon Surprises Himself
I Think I Love You
Leonard Helps
How Confusing It Is to Be Human
Video Games, Comics, and Noodles
Death by Lasers
Unpack your BB8 Backpack & Wait.
The Fundamental Attribution Error

Exploring the Neighbourhood

12.8K 242 15
By jediavenger20

Chapter 2

Tuesday and Wednesday both passed with no word from Andy's new acquaintance. So she focused on unpacking. I didn't even ask his name, she thought. Maybe he thought I had no interest in knowing. Then again, I did invite him over to hang out sometime. I just forgot...I was nervous. The truth was, he scared her. His cute, unusual reactions...the way he handled himself...his extensive vocabulary...and okay, even his smart-ass remarks. She began to wonder if he had, indeed, only needed her name for an emergency. Or maybe he was just as shy and awkward when it came to talking to the opposite sex as she was.

Wednesday night was quiet and a bit too boring, so she decided she would go explore the neighborhood. Maybe even go somewhere for a drink...and maybe some dessert. Andy decided to wear something other than her usual graphic tee, striped sweater, or jeans with holes. So she threw on some tights and a little dress, grabbed her bag, and left to go find somewhere to go...even if she was, sadly, alone.

It was around 9 pm when she had walked by The Cheesecake Factory and quickly turned around – alcohol and cheesecake sounded more than perfect. She found herself sitting at the bar when a cute blonde asked her what she'd like.

“A Captain and coke, please...double,” she replied...her usual reply to any bartender. After a drink or two, Andy decided she'd make small talk with this girl...maybe she was cool.

“So do you live around here?” she asked.

“Yeah, I do, actually. I live on Los Robles in an apartment complex...across the hall from some crazy scientist nerds,” she said with a little laugh.

Andy smiled, nodded, and then remembered her new address.

“Wait. Los Robles? You're kidding me? I just moved into the apartment in 3A a couple of days ago.”

“No way! Small world,” Penny jokes and can't help herself but to continue - “So..you're Andy then? I mean, not to be creepy or anything. I just heard Sheldon mention he met the new girl moving in downstairs and that her name was Andy. I'm Penny!”

Sheldon. His name is Sheldon. And he said something about me. The thought brought a small smile to Andy's face, yet made her nervous once she realized that what he said could have been something negative.

“You know, it was weird. You don't get nice comments out of Sheldon much, but he told Leonard you had surprisingly great taste in movies and video games. Oh. And that you owned light saber chopsticks or something? Leonard is his roommate, by the way. Leonard and I've been dating for a while...even though it's kind of been on again, off again. You know how that goes.” Penny said in her usual friendly and energetic voice.

Andy nodded. “I definitely can understand that. I suppose you could say I moved here to run away from something similar. That's cute, though. And it's nice to meet you, Penny. I'm Andy...but you already know that...”

Penny smiled and mixed her another drink while she tried to keep the conversation going.

“I'm surprised Sheldon didn't say I was a freak or anything. Especially after tripping and spilling my movies and xbox games everywhere. I'm sure the first impression of his new neighbor wasn't the greatest.”

“Oh, don't worry about Sheldon, hun. He's a real pain in the ass sometimes, but he's a sweetheart. All the guys are. Except for Walowitz, maybe. You really need to come hang with us sometime. Tuesday's usually Halo night...and no doubt they're doing something tonight...I just had to work, as usual.”

Halo night? Yessss. Maybe making friends in California won't be as difficult as I was expecting, she began to tell herself.

After chatting with Penny until nearly 11, Andy left her to close up. She walked into the apartment building, feeling quite buzzed. She sat down on the bottom step to feel less dizzy before walking to her room, and instead, started to zone out.

Knock knock knock.

Hello? Who's there?” Sheldon opened the door to see Andy standing there in her black dress, purple tights, messy long hair, and that shy, sort of panicked look on her face.

Um, hey, Sheldon...”

Andy. Hello. I don't know how to say this but... I've been waiting for the moment you walked to my door. I've been thinking about you since the day in the lobby...I was too shy to come by and see you. I...”

Before he could finish his sentence, Andy gently shoved him against the door, stood on the tips of her toes, and kissed him long and soft. He opened his eyes, feeling things he'd never felt before...looked at her, and pulled her close again for another kiss. He placed his hand on her chest and she kissed down his neck...

“Excuse me” someone said, interrupting Andy's drunken fantasy to walk up the stairs. Flustered, she grabbed her bag and walked to her room. After many trips to the bathroom to check her hair – every time, still messy (fixing hair wasn't her forte) – she decided she would just do it. She'd go to their apartment. Surely someone would be awake. Hopefully Sheldon. Who goes to sleep before midnight, anyway?”

Knock....knock knock.

“Hello? Who's knocking at this hour? Penny?” Sheldon opened the door and suddenly looked kind of nervous. He stood there, wearing his matching pajamas, staring at Andy with almost wide-eyes.

“Um...hey, Sheldon...”

“Hello, Andy. I wasn't expecting to see you so late. Are you aware that I was supposed to be soundly in my bed by 9 pm?”

Going to ignore that comment, she thought.

“...Wait a second, he asked suspiciously, “How do you know my name? You never asked it.”

“I'm totally stalking you,” she joked. Sheldon didn't find it amusing...he just looked at her and blinked.

“I'm...I'm kidding,” she stuttered with a little laugh. “No...I kind of accidentally met Penny at the Cheesecake Factory tonight. We chatted a bit and she told me a little about you and Leonard and the guys.”

“And why are you here? Do you need something or shall I go back to my nightly rituals before bed?” Damn, she thought. He was being so difficult to speak to.

Just then Leonard walked out of the bathroom and noticed Sheldon at the door. “Hey, who's there?”

“Leonard, this is Andy.. Andy, Leonard. I'm not sure why she's here, actually,” he looked back at her.

“Hey, Leonard, nice to meet you. I just moved into 3A. I actually...” she wanted to come up with something quick, to avoid looking pathetic enough to actually come here to chat at midnight with people who weren't far from strangers, “I was wondering if I could borrow some milk? I haven't had a chance to buy groceries yet.”

Hm, nice save, she thought...maybe? Leonard replied before Sheldon could decide wether or not he wanted someone to take his milk. “Sure! Just take the carton and bring it back up tomorrow?”

“But, Leonard, what if I wake up tonight and need some warm milk to help me get back to sleep?” Sheldon says in his worrisome tone.

“I think you'll be fine for tonight, Sheldon. Let's be good neighbors,” Leonard says through gritted teeth, obviously slightly embarrassed by Sheldon's behavior.

“Thank you so much. I'll bring it back tomorrow morning in case you need it for breakfast. Nice to meet you, Leonard. And nice to see you again, Sheldon. Good night!” She turned around and walked downstairs. Wow, she thought, didn't quite go like my daydream, but it's a start.

“She seems sweet,” Leonard told Sheldon. “Yes. She is nice. Quite clumsy, and I wish she would buy her own milk, but nevertheless, nice.”

“She's sort of cute too, hm?” Usually Sheldon wouldn't pay any attention to this comment, but he feels himself blushing. What if she had come to see me? He thinks. There's a 24-hour convenient store a block away...she could have bought milk. No, Sheldon, don't flatter yourself...maybe she's broke...you're an extremely genius physicist, but you aren't an expert at social protocol.

“Good night, Leonard”

“Good night, Sheldon.”

+++++++++++++++

Is it worth posting the third chapter, guys? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.4K 18
Emerge yourself in the life of Lucille Davenport, an enthusiastic, newly-educated astrophysicist, as she starts working at Caltech University. New in...
7.3K 174 16
this will be told from the pov of a black fem/ yn ** sheldon had been living with his standard rules and scheduling but that changed when y/n a engin...
29.7M 506K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
648K 24.8K 57
"Watch where you're going!" A low voice shouted at me, looking at his stain shirt."Now, what I'm going to do? I have a race to go to." He grumbled. H...