Heaven On Fire

Por caitygotwords

BOOK ONE OF THE "BROKEN" SERIES "He looked like Heaven. She felt like Fire." Blaise Nightshade. A small, feis... Más

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
Not an update...
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
Thanks!
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R T H I R T Y
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
B O O K T W O

C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

442 13 18
Por caitygotwords

No Cap~ Blake and Miles

~D I A B L E~
"I bow down to the king of Hell and the ring."

BLAISE LOOKS up at the large building in front of her. "KING'S GYM" is on a sign in bold, red letters. There's several writings and posters on the wall, some showing schedules of different classes, others showing pictures of Max and other boxers in the ring. Blaise looks down at her pink duffel bag— something that she couldn't bear to get rid of since her father got it for her for her twelfth birthday— that's holding her black and pink gloves, tape, water, and some snacks.

"You nervous?" Saint asks her.

He was the only person who could drive her to the gym after his game. She shakes her head.

"Nah, I'm good," she lies. She is nervous. She hasn't put on a pair of gloves in a while. Last time she did that was when she was dating him.

Saint takes in the way she's gripping the strap of her duffel bag and how her eyes are wider than usual. She's nervous. He thinks to himself. He reaches down and interlocks their fingers, smiling brightly at his— now— girlfriend.

"Come on then. Let's go in," he encourages.

Blaise takes a deep breath and nods. The two of them open the door to the gym and walk in. Blaise takes in the fact that the gym is basically empty— which is odd since it's a Saturday. But she isn't complaining. The smell of sweat always makes her gag anyway.

It's a fairly large gym and looks even larger with the wall of mirrors. There's a ring at the far left, some punching bags, mats, and speed bags in the middle, and the rest of the gym is just your average gym equipment; weights, jump ropes, etc.

And standing in the center of it all is Maximus, Amy, Liz, Ainsley, and Noelani. Liz notices the two of them first and runs over to greet her brother and best friend.

"Blaise!" She cheers, jumping up into her arms.

Blaise wraps her in a hug. "Hi baby! How was your day with Max and Amy?"

Liz giggles. "Amazing! I'm a boxer now."

Saint clicks his tongue. "Wow, clearly you like Blaise more than your big brother."

Liz scrambles out of Blaise's arms and jumps into Saint's. "How was your game bubba?"

"Oh, it was alright I guess..."

Liz raises an eyebrow. "You and Blaise shagged, didn't you?"

Saint laughs. "No!" He smirks over to his blushing girlfriend. "But I did get to kiss my girlfriend."

Liz gasps loudly. "OMG! You guys are dating?! That means you're, like, ten steps closer to shagging!"

"Stop it with the shagging, Elizabeth!" Saint scolds, embarrassed that this is what his sister's learning from whatever she watches on YouTube all the time.

Max walks up to Blaise. "I'm glad you could make it, Blaise."

Blaise nods her head towards Liz, who's teasing Saint. "I'm surprised you agreed to watch this bundle of joy."

Elizabeth was supposed to come to the game with Blaise, but she hated basketball with a passion.

Max chuckles. "She's a cute kid. She's just an Australian Ainsley, to be honest."

Blaise whistles. "Those two are gonna be a handful when they get older."

Max shakes his head. "Don't even get me started..." He motions to the ring. "You ready?"

Blaise nods. "Yep!" She holds up her bag. "Just let me get changed first."

Max points to a door in the corner. "The bathrooms are over there," he informs.

Blaise says her thanks and hurries to get changed. The quicker she can learn to better protect herself, the quicker she can be prepared if her ex decides to "pay her a visit".

Once she's done changing, she stares at herself in the mirror. Blaise always had confidence in her body. She worked out so she had toned arms, a toned stomach, and toned legs. Her butt was round and the perfect size— not too bug but big enough for you to notice— and her boobs were a C-cup; perfect for the rest of her. But today, for some reason, she was nervous about what she looked like. She was worried that Saint wouldn't think that she was cute enough, that maybe she was too muscular or not curvy enough.

She quickly shakes her head to clear herself of the self-deprecating thoughts. She quickly gathers her clothes into her bag and walks out of the bathroom. She notices that the only people left in the gym are Max and Saint. When Max notices her, he nods in approval.

"Nice set," he says, referring to her workout outfit.

Blaise's Outfit

Blaise's shoes.

Saint whistles, causing Blaise to blush. "Lookin' good, baby," he compliments.

Blaise giggles. "Shut up."

Max leads her over to the jump ropes. "Okay, first thing's first; warmup. We gotta warm up a little bit, stretch, and then we'll move onto the fun stuff."

Blaise nods in understanding. She quickly placed her hair in a ponytail, ready to get to work.

Forty-five minutes later, they're done with warming up and stretching. Max brings her over to the speed bags and sits her down on the bench. Once he places the tape and gloves on for her, he motions to see what she can do. Blaise surprises him by punching the bag at an alarming speed.

Damn, she's better than me. He thinks.

"You sure you're not a boxer already?" He asks her.

Blaise shrugs and continues to punch the bag, this time with her left hand. "I've dabbled a bit. My old man used to bring me to the gym at the station and teach me some moves," she breathes out, slightly winded from punching the bag so much.

Saint watches his girl in awe. He figured that she had some serious skills, but he didn't realize that she's this good.

"So, Saint here was just telling me that he used to do kickboxing back in Australia," Max says after a moment of silence.

Blaise stops and jumps back from the speed bag. She turns to Saint, breathing heavily.

"Really? That's awesome Saint! Do you still do it?"

Saint shrugs. "Haven't found the right gym yet," he mutters. He really misses kickboxing.

Max motions to the area around them. "Try here. Winston— the owner— has been looking for some kickboxers here." He motions for Blaise to continue with the speed bag. "You ever been in a match before?"

"Yeah, I was pretty good back home." He scratches the back of his neck. "You might actually know my nick name."

Max tilts his head to the side. "What'd you go by?"

"They called me 'Diable'," he mumbles, embarrassed of the name he was called in the ring.

Max's eyes pop out of his head. "You're Diable?! No fucking way!" He starts bowing dramatically. "I bow down to the king of Hell and the ring."

Saint blushes while Blaise chuckles at Max's antics.

"I'm guessing you're pretty well-known, Saint," Blaise comments.

Max scoffs. "Well-known is putting it mildly. This man is known all across the world for his skills in the ring. Thing is, no one has ever seen the face of Diable. He always wore a mask that covered his whole face, including his eyes. He looked like Deadpool but deadlier."

"I'm sure that's against the dress code or something," Blaise says.

Max gives her a look. "Would you argue with one of the best kickboxers that's ever lived?"

Blaise smirks. "Guess not."

Saint covers his cheeks to hide his blush. "I'm not that good, mate. I've just won a few tough matches."

"Against people who were three weight classes higher!" Max exclaims. "Bro, I need your autograph or something, you're fucking awesome."

Saint shakes his head. "Let's just pay attention to Blaise. It's her lesson, after all."

Max pouts. "But..." he clicks his tongue. "Ah, fine. But you better sign up to this gym. Then I can say I train at the same place as Diable."

Saint rolls his eyes. "Sure, mate. I'll sign up just for you."

Max grins. "Yes!"

~••~

"COME ON Blaise!" Max yells in her face. He's currently straddling her waist and has her hands pinned up above her head. He knows it's not a very conventional position to be in when boxing, but he figured that Blaise could handle a little extra practice with self-defense.

She's better than him at boxing anyway...

Saint isn't the most comfortable with a sexy, older, Italian boxer straddling his girlfriend but seeing how Blaise looks like she's ready to tear his head off, Saint guesses that she's not enjoying the position at all.

And that would be a first for Blaise. Being pinned down by hot guys is one of her favorite past times. 

Just then, a tall, lean, curly, brown-headed man with blue eyes and a bright smile barges into the gym. He's singing for Max and Amy at the top of his lungs and carrying a large reusable shopping bag on his arms. When he spots Max in the compromising position with Blaise, however, he freaks out.

"MAXIMUS MAGNUM KING!" The boy yells. "How dare you cheat on my little baby Amy like this!"

Max and Blaise look up to see the boy storming over to them. Max quickly gets off of her and holds his hands up in surrender, getting ready to defend himself. Saint whistles slowly and strolls away from the ring and over to the bench press, excited to see what's about to go down.

"Kyle! Calm down, bro! I'm just training her! Amy knows this!" Max defends himself.

Kyle hops into the ring and rolls up his sleeves. "Oh yeah, like I fucking believe that you cheating piece of shit!"

Kyle then starts slapping Max on the back of his head. Max exclaims and starts to run around, trying to get away from the hits of this sassy young man.

Kyle (just imagine blue eyes, although this human's eyes are GORGEOUS)

"Kyle! I'm not fucking cheating on Amy!" Max yells.

Kyle continues to hit him. "Like I'm going to believe you!"

Blaise walks up to Kyle and taps him on the shoulder, trying her hardest not to laugh. He turns to her and gives her a skeptical look.

"Who're you?"

Blaise smirks. "Blaise Nightshade, pleasure to meet you," she introduces herself.

Kyle holds out his hand to shake hers. "Kyle Underwood."

Max rubs the back of his head. "How come you're not angry with her?"

Kyle scoffs. "Because she's not the one cheating on my best friend."

Max throws his hands up. "I'm not cheating!"

Kyle glares at him for a second before laughing hysterically. Blaise and Max give each other a look of confusion. Saint just continues to eavesdrop while pretending to be working hard at doing an overhead press.

"Of course you're not cheating on Amy. What kinda guy would have a crush on a girl for ten years and then cheat on her with some random girl--" He turns to Blaise, "No offense sweetheart."

"None taken, babe. Max isn't really my type anyway; too tall." She points to Saint. "Besides, my boyfriend wouldn't be too happy if I was cheating on him while he was in the room."

Kyle looks over to Saint and bites his bottom lip. "That's your man?" He whistles. "Damn, you got good taste."

Blaise bows apathetically. "'Tis a gift, my good sir."

Max crosses his arms with a scowl. "How come I had to get assaulted if you knew I wasn't cheating, Kyle?"

"Damn, we're still on that?"

Max snarls.

Kyle rolls his eyes. "You're so moody," he mumbles. "You know how I love grand entrances, babe. Had to give these guys a first impression they'll never forget."

"You're such a dick," Max grumbles.

Kyle smirks. "You are what you eat."

Blaise chuckles loudly. "Oh, I like you."

Kyle winks at her. "Right back at 'cha."

Max grimances. "I'm uncomfortable."

"What? We're all adults here, Maxy-poo," Kyle says, using his least favorite nickname.

"I'm uncomfortable because of the thought of my childhood friend's dick in your mouth." He shudders.

Kyle laughs. "Like he doesn't talk about it all the time when you guys hang out."

"Every damn day." Max looks like he's ready to throw up at the thought.

Blaise giggles. She decides to take pity on him and changes the subject. She points to the bag that Kyle is holding.

"What's in the bag, honeybunch?" She wonders.

Kyle's eyes widen, as if he's remembered something. "Oh right!" He reaches into the bag and pulls out several boxes wrapped and covered in bows. "These are for my nieces and my little cutie."

"You can't keep spoiling the girls like this, Kyle. Ainsley and Noelani are going to start expecting gifts every time you come over now."

"Well duh, what else do you think I'm doing this for?" He looks around. "Where are my girlies?"

"They're next door. Amy took Ainsley, Noelani, and Saint's little sister Elizabeth to get some ramen."

Kyle hands the presents to Max. "Give these to them on my behalf, will ya?" He check his Apple Watch. "I have a certain snack waiting for me back home." He starts to scurry towards the door.

Max pretends to gag. "Tell Oscar I say hi, ya horny bastard!"

Kyle sticks up his middle finger as he walks out the door. "I will, you cheating asshole!"

Blaise looks up at Max. "So... that's your friend huh?"

Max shakes his head. "Don't remind me."

"He seemed nice!" Saint yells from his spot in the gym.

"How would you know? You ran away at the first sign of danger!"

Saint shrugs. "Cowards are the ones that survive."

"I don't think that's how the quote goes."

"Think about it though; you're the one with a sore skull while I'm over here-- not a scratch on me."

"I--" Max sucks his teeth. "Shut the hell up, stronzo." ("asshole") (Italian)

OMG Kyle is heeeerrreee. Many of you loved him from Shortie & Knight so I had to give the people what they want, y'know? Especially since I'm not giving you the sequel y'all wanted 😅. Anydoodle, here's another chapter. Super sorry it took over a month to publish. Luckily for you guys-- and me too, tbh-- school is over on Tuesday the 15th for me (random day to end school, Ik) so I'll be able to write a lot more. I've just had project after project for two quarters straight so it's been really hard to update. I'm surprised I was even able to update at all, tbh. Anyway, hope y'all have a nice day. Imma go write some more now!

What do you think is gonna happen next?

What's your favorite subject in school?

How old are you?

Toodles! 😘

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

22.7K 551 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...
The Devil ✔ Por Cher

Novela Juvenil

926K 26.8K 38
DIABOLIC SERIES 1 Simply put, this story is about a boy who calls himself the Devil and a girl who has gone through hell. Being 'happy' doesn't come...
6.9K 190 39
Heartless:- displaying a complete lack of feeling or consideration. Her choice didn't matter as she got in an accident by the act of the so-called J...
142K 4.6K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...