𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗰𝘁...

By taiamiu

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ❝𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗶𝗱 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻... More

𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗰𝘁𝘀, 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗸𝗶𝗿𝘀𝗰𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀
𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱
𝟬𝟭 || 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀
𝟬𝟮 || 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲
𝟬𝟯 || 𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝟬𝟰 || 𝗰𝗿𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝘀
𝟬𝟱 || 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝘃𝗶𝘃𝗼𝗿𝘀
𝟬𝟲 || 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝟬𝟳 || 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱
𝟬𝟴 || 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗼𝘆
𝟬𝟵 || 𝘀𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲
𝟭𝟬 || 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟭 || 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱
𝟭𝟮 || 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹
𝟭𝟯 || 𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝟭𝟰 || 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟭𝟱 || 𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀
𝟭𝟲 || 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝟭𝟳 || 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗺𝗲
𝟭𝟴 || 𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘂𝗻
𝟮𝟬 || 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲
𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲

𝟭𝟵 || 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿-𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱

1.3K 59 126
By taiamiu

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 19 , star-crossed

warnings : gore

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝i will not kiss you❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

You were snapping in and out of consciousness, in and out of vision, staining the muddied green grass you laid on blood red. As your eyes managed to open wide enough to see properly, the sun hit them harshly. Was this the light you were supposed to see? Were you dead?

As your eyes adjusted, you glanced at your surroundings: you were still on the battlefield, but all the chaos had stopped. Now, it was filled with radio-silence as the young bodies of recruits were scattered across the ground, their horses too.

You let out a groan of pain. Your body was aching, bleeding out as it seemed a chunk had been crushed or taken out completely by a boulder. Even if you were alive and breathing, you clearly didn't have long.

The Beast Titan and his army had disappeared too; you wondered if he had been defeated, if all your sacrifices had been worth it, or if they had simply moved on past Shiganshina and into the Walls, on a path of destruction.

Were your friends on the inside even alive right now?

Coughing and spluttering, your mouth released blood onto the floor beside you. To think, all of this had started with blood, and ended the same way.  It was almost laughable.

Suddenly, you heard a noise shatter through the quiet, and you tried to move. You attempted to lift your neck, but even the very slight strain as you did caused pain to splinter across your body.

Your ears recognised the sound as... footsteps. Human footsteps. Normal, human footsteps. Not the thundering ones of a titan.

"Here!" You gasped for air. "Over here, I'm alive!" you yelled with all that you had left. Your chest rose and fell heavily as so much as speaking those few words managed to exhaust you.

A head of reddish-brown hair hovered over you. Floch. And on his back, the Commander, completely knocked out, perhaps even dead.

"Floch..." you murmured.
He was limping, making a last attempt to return to Shiganshina District.
"Floch you have to help me..." You gazed up at him. The pain was becoming all too much to bare.

He gave you an apologetic look as he turned to leave you. "There's only one syringe, and it's for Erwin. I'm sorry it has to be this way."

Tears pooled in your eyes and began flowing freely across your face. Was he just going to leave you to die? Maybe, even if you didn't get the syringe, you could still survive. You had to live, at least to see Jean one last time.

Then you were reminded of your physical condition - the blood seeping out of all your wounds was now gathering in a pool around your body. You were half dead, growing colder and fainter by the second.

You panicked.

"Please, Floch! Please!" you screamed at him, voice cracking. "Don't leave me here to die!"

He turned back and shook his head at you morosely. The weight of both you and the Commander may have been too much on his already weakened self and, no matter what, no matter the abilities you had, he wanted Erwin to receive the crucial injection. He couldn't risk the Captain making a split-change decision and bringing you back to the living instead.

More and more blood began to ooze out of you, and you clenched onto your side, only to coat your hands in red. As your vision darkened, your body writhed, your breathing slowed, and you uttered out a final few words, "But I promised..."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Floch returned to the Walls, where a crowd had gathered on a rooftop, surrounding the body of Armin and an incapacitated Bertholdt, who's limbs had been brutally chopped off. Levi was going in to inject Armin with the titan fluid.

"Wait! Wait! I have the Commander!" Floch shouted out, heaving Erwin on his back with him.

Once Levi and Hange had laid Erwin out on the roof, Floch stood back, with Sasha, Connie and Jean instead. They all looked sick to their stomachs, pale and ill, Sasha unconscious and bandaged.  Mikasa was being restrained by Hange, and Eren yelling at the top of his lungs, while Armin was merely a burnt-up skeleton.

Connie tended to Sasha's wounds, while Jean simply stood there, a hand to his face as he tried to fight off the sick feeling in his stomach - his heart could only guess what had happened, and it wasn't looking good.

He finally gathered the power to speak.  "Floch, I-I have to know... Did she?"  Jean's sullen eyes couldn't make eye-contact as he grew more distraught by the second.
"y/n?" Floch replied.
Even hearing her name being spoke like that tore him apart. She couldn't be gone...

Still unable to meet Floch's eyes, Jean nodded, staring down at the floor.  A gaping hole was growing in his chest.

The copper-haired man paused. Deep down, Floch knew he was partially responsible for this. He took a deep breath in and delivered Jean the news. "She fought on until the very end."

That was the exact moment Jean's heart broke.

It fell as his eyes darkened and his whole world caved in.  His worst suspicions were confirmed. He dropped to his knees, frozen and crushed by the grief. He had already known that it was unlikely y/n would return, but part of him thought that there was still a chance of her coming back from over the Wall, a weary but relieved look on her face, and his hand in hers.  He was convinced that there would be a way.

Quickly laying Sasha on the rooftop, Connie darted to Jean's side and rested a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"No... no, no... No..." Jean breathed, and soon that breathing became hyperventilating. Tears couldn't gather in his eyes - his body wouldn't allow what was happening.  Covering his ears with his hands, Jean watched his everything shatter in front of him.

Connie's grip of him got more desperate. "Jean, please, just breathe slow."

He was unreachable. Jean jolted his head to the side and retched, vomiting onto the floor beside him. Connie held onto him as Jean lost his balance and crumbled further to the ground.

He vomited again.

After a moment, he went to speak, "She- she couldn't have... She promised. y/n promised Connie!"

Floch looked on at the scene and gulped. Could he have prevented this? He would've never known if he could have hauled y/n across the battlefield, or if her precious time had been too limited anyway.

But now, the two star-crossed lovers were forever apart.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

word count : 1100

╚══════ ♥ ══════╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 8.7K 47
𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘴, 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘴. 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸...
171 6 8
∘₊✧──── 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐆 ˗ˏˋ𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙚𝙙? 𝙚...
41.5K 985 48
[DISCONTINUED] "𝚄𝚑𝚖? 𝙷𝚒?" "𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝... 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎!" 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚈/𝙽 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎. 𝙷𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚎�...
9.1K 266 7
𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐗 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐫 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞�...