Pied Piper: Book 2 of the Myt...

Von OT7oramI

What happens when your soulmate is a siren? UPDATES EVERY MONDAY! Mehr

Chapter 1: "Only time would tell."
Chapter 2: "... knowing that they would be alright."
Chapter 3: I have a soulmate!
Chapter 4: "Now I just had to figure out how to make her mine."
Chapter 5: "... bringing me one step closer to my beautiful soulmate."
Chapter 6: "I didn't know the answers to any of them."
Chapter 7: "Eternal love and a family."
Chapter 8: "She was mine and I wanted her."
Chapter 9: "Hopefully she could love me."
Chapter 10: "... our souls calling for each other."
Chapter 11: "... two can play your game Bubbles."
Chapter 12: "... I was in deep."
Chapter 14: "And I wanted her now more than ever."
Chapter 15: "... I was falling in love with her."
Chapter 16: "I could be patient..."
Chapter 17: "I let myself get lost in her eyes."
Chapter 18: "...hopefully she would trust me, want me, love me."
Chapter 19: "Soon my sweet soulmate. Soon."
Chapter 20: "I could only hope that she would feel the same."
Chapter 21: "... and I'm your soulmate."
Chapter 22: "... right where I wanted to be."
Chapter 23: "... how much I wanted that every single day."
Chapter 24: "I just needed to make things right."
Chapter 25: "This is it right here."

Chapter 13: "... filling my life with color and sound."

1.1K 99 5
Von OT7oramI

Y/N POV:

I couldn't help the flutters in my stomach when Jungkook touched my skin. It was as though everything in me was telling me that the man standing in front of me was mine, that he belonged to me. I pushed the thoughts away knowing that if he were to find that out, he would think I was absolutely nuts.

Jungkook continued to hold my hand as we headed into the carnival. With a bright grin, he pulled me towards the more intense rides. We got into the queue and listened as the screams of the people filled the air, laughing as the sounds cut through the night. After a few minutes of waiting, we were loaded on, bringing the harnesses down over our heads. Jungkook held out a hand for me and I took it without question, wanting to enjoy the feel of his hand on mine while I still could.

The ride launched us and the other riders into the air and the pure adrenaline filled my chest. The wind gusted into my face, making my eyes water, but the rush of it all more than made up for it. Too quickly it was over and we were exiting the ride. After we exited the gate, Jungkook turned to me and with a gentle thumb, wiped the smudged mascara from my face, a sweet smile on his pretty mouth.

"Did you have fun?" Jungkook's question was soft as his eyes met mine.

I nodded my head. "I did. I love the adrenaline rush from things like that." It was one more thing Oliver and I didn't share. I loved carnivals and amusement parks, exciting trips and activities that got my heart racing. Oliver preferred to stay at home, playing video games or watching videos on his phone. There was nothing wrong with either of those activities, but it definitely wasn't something I could do all day. It just wasn't me.

Jungkook took my hand again and squeezed it. "Me too. One place you should go if you ever get the chance is Costa Rica. I went bungee jumping there and the experience was so incredible."

"You're so lucky." I couldn't keep the hint of envy from my voice. "Yeah I've traveled, but it's always been for work. Never just for fun. I have about 18 months left on my contract and I'm... I'm undecided if I am going to reenlist or not." This was the first time I had admitted that to anyone.

Raising an eyebrow, Jungkook eyed me, his face full of questions. "You don't sound sure at all about it. What would you want to do if you didn't reenlist?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've always wanted to travel for fun and I've saved quite a bit of money over the years so I would be able to one day. Maybe go to college? Become a marine biologist?"

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah. That sounds like it would suit you. With your love of the water, I could see you doing something like that."

The simple reassurance from Jungkook calmed my heart and filled me with something I didn't immediately want to identify. There was absolutely no way this deliciously handsome man would ever be interested in me. I shook my head to clear it from the thoughts that were threatening to consume me and tugged on his hand. "You ready for the next ride?"

Jungkook nodded and we hurried across the carnival grounds like little kids. After trying to challenge each other with the craziest rides, I pointed to one we hadn't tried yet. It hoisted the rider high into the air between two support structures then sent the rider diving to the ground in a free fall before the cables catch and send them soaring out into the sky. "What about that one?" I turned to Jungkook, my eyes wide in excitement.

Looking surprised for a moment, Jungkook nodded. "Sounds good to me. I've never tried one of those before but it looks kind of like bungee jumping almost."

I got in the queue with Jungkook, my body practically vibrating with nerves and excitement. Jungkook stood behind me in the narrow queue, his hands on my waist. I turned to look back at him and he gave me a grin, but kept his hands right where they were. He pulled me closer to him, bringing his lips close to my ear. "You nervous Bubbles?"

Trying to hide my smile at the nickname, I shook my head. "No way. I'm too excited." Catching his pretty gaze, I gave him a smug smile. "Are you?"

Jungkook returned the smile. "Nope. I told you. I like the crazy things like this." He turned me in his arms and brushed a stray hair from my face. "And clearly since you do too, maybe you really are my soulmate."

Again, there was the fluttering in my chest, the feeling of excitement and when I looked at his pouty lips, I wanted so badly to kiss him, to feel his lips against mine, but I stopped myself. I barely knew this guy and him thinking I'm crazy was the last thing I wanted.

The queue moved forward and the safety operator waved us forward. He handed harnesses to both Jungkook and I then explained how to put them on. Once we were ready to go, he led us out to a little platform where we would be hooked to the cable then hoisted into the air.  The cable started to pull us up and Jungkook reached out for my hand. "You ready for this Bubbles?"

I turned to him, giving him an excited smile. "I sure am. The closest I'll ever get to flying, I'm sure." We reached the top of the structure and we heard the whistle from below, letting us know to pull the ripcord at any time.

"Alright Bubbles! On the count of three! 1! 2!"

Jungkook yanked the cord and we plummeted to the ground in a stunning free-fall, the feeling of weightlessness taking my breath away. The cable caught and we soared out over the carnival, the wind rushing past our faces. "THIS IS AMAZING!" I shouted, clinging tightly to Jungkook's hand, stretching my other hand into the cool night air.

I could head him laugh next to me and when I turned, his smile was bright and his eyes were filled with pure delight. We continued to swing back and forth for a moment before we were gently brought to a stop and lowered back to the platform. Once we were released from our harnesses and exited the ride, I turned to Jungkook and threw my arms around his neck.  

Suddenly realizing what I was doing, I quickly released him and stepped back. "I'm... I'm sorry for that. I guess I just got too excited."

Jungkook tapped the tip of my nose. "Don't even worry about it. Let's go have some more fun."

Jungkook POV:

As Y/N and I wandered through the carnival, I couldn't help the feelings of pure happiness flooding over me. The delight in her eyes was clear and when she hugged me, the pretty flush that covered her cheeks made her more beautiful than ever.

We passed the food stalls and the scents wafted towards my nose: spicy sausage, grilled onions, and sweet cotton candy. I tugged on Y/N's hand and she looked over at me. "How about some food?"

Y/N grinned in response and we headed down the aisle, eyes roving over the menus. We both stopped at a stand that advertised steak sandwiches, our faces turning to each other in agreement. After getting our food, we sat down at a little picnic table off to the side. The sounds of laughter, screams from the riders, and conversations filled the air. The night couldn't have been more perfect and I was so unbelievably happy to be sitting there with my soulmate, the one woman in the world I could see myself with for eternity.

As we ate, I looked around the carnival. Seated at a table near us was a small family: a mother, father and two dark haired little girls. The laughter from the little girls split the night and a wave of longing swept over me and I knew that was exactly what I wanted with my soulmate. The image of her with a little boy in her arms was so shockingly vivid that for a moment it took my breath away.

"You alright Jungkook?" Y/N's voice was worried as she set a hand on top of mine. "You seem distracted all of a sudden."

I turned my hand over and laced our fingers, not missing the flushing of her cheeks. "I'm perfectly fine. I was just thinking of something."

Y/N nodded then gave me a knowing smile. "You thinking of that girl you met? You ready to tell me about her yet?"

Although she was smiling and her words sounded interested, I couldn't help but see the brief look of sadness in her eyes. A look that was so fleeting that I could have imagined it. Was the idea of me being in a relationship bothering her? I dismissed the thought almost immediately, not thinking she felt that way about me. "I... I don't know. I met her through Jimin and his soulmate. She's beautiful, kind, funny, and so smart." I couldn't keep the admiring tone out of my voice. "But I don't know if she feels the same way about me that I do about her."

Almost as though she didn't realize it, Y/N began to rub her thumb across my fingers, the touch so soothing and gentle that it made me want to melt into a puddle at her feet. "How could she not like you? You're pretty amazing Jungkook and I barely know you. Any woman on the planet would be so lucky to be able to call you theirs."

Y/N's words filled my heart with such unbridled happiness that I could barely breathe. Did my soulmate really have such positive thoughts about me? The idea that she could love me like I was beginning to love her made me want to jump up and dance across the carnival grounds, shouting my adoration for her, for my beautiful soulmate. "Thank you. I really do appreciate that."

Giving me another smile, Y/N stood up then tugged me to my feet. "Come on. Let's go ride the Ferris wheel then find a spot for the fireworks."

I nodded, helping her to gather up our trash, dumping it in a bin as we headed towards the brightly lit wheel slowing rotating in the summer night sky. Standing in the queue, I once again pulled her close to me, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. At Y/N's surprised look, I quickly dropped my arm. "I'm sorry. I'm so used to doing that with all my friends. I even do it with Jimin."

Y/N smiled then wrapped a hesitant arm around me. "It's okay. I... I like it." Her words came out soft and I wanted to squeal at her cuteness.  

The ride operator directed us into a car on the Ferris wheel, bringing the metal bar down over us. As the wheel began to turn, our car tipped slightly backwards causing Y/N to let out a nervous squeak. I wrapped my arm back around her shoulders, pulling her close, my heart fluttering at her proximity.

"How... how are you feeling about the whole cheating thing?" I wanted to punch myself for asking the question, but I needed to know. I needed to know what I was competing against.

Y/N sighed then turned to me. "I'm not really sad about it. More disappointed than anything else. I always see the girls on television going through this and always wonder how they don't see it. The signs are so flashy and obvious that there's no way not to know. But... but I get it now. It just makes me feel stupid."

I brushed a piece of hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. "You're definitely not stupid. We just choose to see the best in people we care about. Even when they do things that hurt us, we want to assume that it's just an accident. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have faith in the people we care about, the people we love."

Turning back to face the night sky, Y/N leaned a head on my shoulder and my heart soared out of my chest like a cartoon character. "Yeah. I suppose you're right. I'm... I'm really happy I met you Jungkook."

The Ferris wheel continued to slowly spin and I enjoyed the moment with my soulmate in my arms, a moment that meant more to me than anything else in the world. After we exited the Ferris wheel, Y/N took my hand and led me out of the carnival and down to the beach.

We found a spot in the sand and as we sat down, the first explosion lit up the sky, spreading colors across the inky black sky. As we watched the fireworks, I felt the same explosions in my heart, filling my life with color and sound.  

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

68.2K 2.7K 18
Jungkook is the devil, literal king of hell. Taehyung is his demon best friend. Yoongi is an angel. What could possibly happen? (taegikook, jiseok, n...
10.8K 724 58
Eun-ji never thought finding her mates was going to tear her family apart. BTS Werewolf AU. *Not edited, prob gonna edit once finished. English is...
5K 607 6
BTS X READER - SUPERNATURAL/SOULMATE AU ♡♡♡ Being a half-breed with vampire and dragon blood is a rare thing in this world, and it comes with its sha...
29.2K 1.5K 42
What happens when she lose her family? What happens when king fall in love with her? Will she accept him? Will she love him? Will they be together? *...