Hear Me Sin

By UrbanQueen

A story of a man who takes care of his suicidal, anorexic wife; and a construction worker's relationship with... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Forty One

2K 199 421
By UrbanQueen

OMARI PACED BACK AND FORTH in the apartment. The minute he came inside, he sent Enrique next door to play with the neighbor. Joshua was upstairs sleeping in his room while Omari was pacing with dark thoughts crowding his mind.

He had taken his engagement ring off and already called his parents and friends and told them everything. He was done with Inola. The sane part of him was telling himself to pack some stuff and get out of the apartment. The other part of him didn't want too, the other side of him wanted to confront her despite how terrible of an idea he knew it was.

Ten minutes later Inola turned the key in the lock and walked inside. She saw Omari pacing and immediately knew something was wrong. She stomped her foot so he could look at her, but he didn't. Inola figured he must've gotten fired or something. Maybe after being shot he was slower now and not an asset to the company anymore.

They just got this apartment and if he couldn't find work, it was right back to his in-laws. She worked but her diner job couldn't provide rent money. Inola walked over to him and turned him toward her. She was speechless when she saw tears lining his eyes.

The minute they made eye contact, Omari had a change of heart. He wasn't leaving the apartment. She helped with a bill or two but he paid majority of everything else. His name was on the lease and she was the one in another man's bed. So why was he leaving?

"You pack all your shit and you and your kids get the fuck out of my place. Now." He signed to her, even his voice was shaking as he spoke.

What? Inola signed back, her heart racing. She would think he was playing, but it was hard for him to produce tears as a joke.

"You disgusting whore. I work day in and out for you and your kids and you're in another man's bed, getting fucked? I call your son to see where you were and he tells me you went over there because the nigga texted you about finding your ring and I walk in and see him fucking you with my kid in you! And no condom!" He wanted to spit on her but he was refraining himself.

Inola burst into tears, how the hell had he walked into that? How did she not see him? It now clicked when she was leaving the house, why the front door was open. She assumed French must've left the door open when he arrived. She had no idea Omari had been inside the house.

Inola grabbed his hand, Mari I'm sorry—

He yanked his hand so hard she flew to the side a few inches. "Get the fuck off me. Pack your shit and go, hurry up." He said.

Mari I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you. I didn't mean to do this, I don't know—

"I'm trying to warn you before I slap or punch you in your fucking mouth. Because that baby is what's saving you right now. But I'm getting real close to not giving a fuck. Get you and your kids things and get the fuck out of my apartment." He signed to her.

Don't say that, even though I messed up. They're your kids too. Inola sighed with trembling hands.

"No they're not, only the one in your stomach. Find another man to put up with your whoring ass. Your kids are great but you're the worst mother in the world. I hate you, you dumb ass bitch." He said.

Inola was so hurt, why was this happening? She didn't mean to cheat on Omari or intentionally hurt anybody. It's been four months since she's last seen or even spoke to French. But she got sucked into the moment. He was so lonely, he wanted to kill himself and the deep rooted feelings she had for him came out and one thing led to another.

Let's go counseling Mari don't do this. Inola cried.

He walked off but she was trailing behind him. Counseling? She wanted to go to counseling after letting another man nut in her while she was carrying his baby. They could never be anything after that. This whole relationship was dead.

Inola tugged on his wrist, snot and tears running down her face. Omari swung around, his finger pointed at her sternly and he was every bit of serious. "If I have to tell you to hurry up and get out one more time, I'm going to slap the fuck out of you and you gonna leave here with nothing but the clothes on your back. Get the fuck away from me!" He yelled on the last part.

I didn't mean to have sex with him. Omari I love you. Inola cried, stomping. Her life was literally falling apart.

"Don't care, slut. I already cancelled the wedding for this summer. You must be out your fucking mind if you think I'm putting a ring on your nasty ass."

"Mawi no do dis. I sowy. I sowy, I sowy!" Inola cried.

"Bitch fuck you." He answered back, not caring if she could hear him or not.

I wub you. Inola ran over to him, they were face to face.

"Are you even sure that's my baby?" He asked.

"Yeth! It you baby."

Omari's nostrils flared and he couldn't help it when he cocked back and smacked her. He knew he hit her hard because the inside of his palm was stinging. Inola held her cheek and began crying even louder. He didn't give a fuck about her tears.

He placed his hands on his knees and lowered himself so he could look into her face. "And you let another man inside you with my child? Inola get out my crib for I slap you again."

Just then Enrique walked in and noticed the two. He was worried when he saw his mom crying and holding her cheek.

"What's wrong?"

"Your mother is a whore and she's getting kicked out. We just broke up, you guys are moving out." Omari signed on purpose just so Inola could see what he was saying to her son.

He's only ten! Don't bring him into this! Don't say those things to him! Inola cried, getting angry. She knew she was wrong, but to tell her ten year old son stuff like that was stooping so low.

Mom? Enrique signed in fear. He looked at his mom in panic. From the way she was holding her cheek it looked like Omari hit her but he couldn't tell.

Go back to your friend's house, I'll call you when I'm ready! Go! Now!

Enrique ran out of the house, making Inola turn back to Omari. She didn't have to say a word because he turned to her. "Give me my ring back." He put his hand out.

Mawi—

"Don't make me take it off you. Give it back."

Inola shakily reached for the ring and took it off. She burst into tears knowing whatever they had was over. He snatched it out her hand nearly taking her finger off.

"You disgusting, ratchet whore. All it took was you seeing him one time after four months. It's bitches like you that create these weird women haters that sit down behind computer screens and bash women all day. I'm decent and you can't accept that, you want to throw that away for a man that put a fuckin' gun to your son's head!"

Inola was hysterical. She knew she was wrong, but only she been in the situation with French. She knew what the experience was for her and the bond she had built with him. It wasn't like she was just out here having an affair with a random man. In a weird way, she had built a connection with French. She had lived with him for months!

"Oh, and you are ugly by the way. Inside and out, I lied when I said you weren't. I really do have to think about other women to get hard fucking you. You look like a man and I'm literally repulsed by you. Also when that baby is born we're going straight to court, I'm gonna get full custody you decrepit bitch."

Inola stood where she was and watched Omari signing all these horrible things. She knew she was wrong but he was hurting her feelings. He promised her he would never talk about her looks again. She struggled with that and angry or not, she wasn't going to allow him to keep talking to her like garbage.

I'm not ugly! Don't call me ugly! I know I'm wrong Omari but acting like this doesn't make you any better than me.

"Shut up! You're a lousy excuse for a mother and I hope those kids grow up to see what a hoe their mother is. I hope Sancho gets his shit together and takes his kids from you, like I'm damn sure doing the minute you drop my daughter in the hospital!"

Inola had snapped and had had enough. You know what? I did sleep with French and I've been sleeping with him for months! Even when you were staying at his house with us he's been fucking me! She was wrong but she was still going to defend herself, it was natural instinct. He fucked me better than you ever could with your weak ass dick! I cried in anger the day you woke up from that damn coma! I wish you would've died.

Omari watched her as his feet felt like dead weight. His eyes grew dark and his heart grew more red, swarming with adrenaline.

You're a weak, pathetic excuse for a man. Yes I fucked French the minute I saw him because he's that nigga! And you aren't getting custody of shit because this is French's baby! My real man bent me over and got me pregnant! So you're not coming anywhere near his child! Now suck on that, bitch!

It was like Inola could see ten seconds into the future. The minute the last word left her mouth, she took off toward the back. Omari was right on her trail. Both were working off pure adrenaline. All Inola needed to do was get to safety and all Omari needed to do was get to her. At this point he didn't care about killing her, he didn't care about spending the rest of his life in prison. He had lost it and he was thinking and living in this moment, only.

Inola made it into the bathroom and slammed the door so hard she saw dust fall from the ceiling. She quickly locked it just as Omari began ramming the door with his shoulder, trying to get in. Inola ran to the sink and started to try and push the window up.

It was large enough for her to fit through. Although she was pregnant she was still rather slim. She looked back and could see the force of his body pushing the door in. Inola pushed up the latches on the window and climbed on the sink, slipping due to the water on the edge of the sink bowl. She caught her footing and squeezed her way out.

She landed on the fire escape and proceeded to carefully climb down the ladder since they lived five floors up. She landed on the grass down below a foot off the ground and a neighbor happened to be passing by.

The concerned man came over, walking his dog. He saw her climbing down the fire escape so knew something was wrong.

"Is everything okay?" He said. He knew she was deaf but it was a habit most hearing people had. They still talked to her. He was acting like because this was an emergency, she would be able to hear for this particular occasion.

Inola made a phone symbol and put it to her ear. Her franticness and body language already let him know to dial 911. The man went into his pocket and pulled out his phone. Inola stared at the open bathroom window the whole time but Omari never showed.

In less than five minutes sirens were approaching. Inola and the neighbor made the way to the front of the building. Three officers came over and one began signing to her. The neighbor told them over the phone the victim was deaf so they sent an officer who specialized in sign language.

Inola explained the incident between her and Omari. The officers went in and she stayed outside, waiting for them to bring him out.

The officers went up to the fifth floor and went to her apartment. They knocked on the door with weapons drawn, but got no answer. They kicked the door down after a while and proceeded in with caution. They located Omari shortly when they heard the loud sobs coming from the back.

Sitting with his back against the locked bathroom door, Omari was crying as he held a knife in one hand. He had been so ready to end her life. After a while of not being able to get into the bathroom he just sunk down to the floor and began to cry. His whole world was upside down.

"Put the knife down." One officer yelled.

He dropped it and it hit the floor with a clank as he covered his face and cried. One officer who was feeling a little more sympathetic, walked over to him and knelt down.

"Son, you have to calm down. We're gonna have to take you to the station. I understand your pain. Being cheated on hurts and this is the girl you love. But I need you to understand what you did tonight. This can be an attempted murder charge. Taking her life would've ultimately ended up ruining yours."

The other two officers stood him up and handcuffed him, as all three exited him out the building. Inola stood to the side, goosebumps appearing on her arms as she watched him be escorted out in handcuffs. One of the officers explained they found him in there crying with a knife. Most likely trying to get in and stab her up. Inola wanted to throw up.

They told her they would contact her soon so she could help court proceed with the charges. Inola watched Omari in the backseat as he stared at her. There was so much hatred in his eyes that if looks could kill, she would've been decapitated.

The police car pulled off, fading off into the distance.

*******

Inola ended back up at French's house. It was so awkward—at least for Enrique. He had been elated to leave this place, but he was right back here again. Inola and the two boys were inside the bedroom, gloomy at the day's events.

Inola had to tell Enrique what happened, so he knew what Omari tried to do. He even knew about the cheating, so he was up to date on everything. No one had said anything much, French wasn't home and the mother and son were just lost in their own thoughts.

Inola was drying Joshua's skin who just finished taking a bath. Enrique was across the room, looking out the window. As much as he liked Omari, he was devastated knowing he picked up a knife on his mother. His mother was wrong, but it was still his mother and he would have her back regardless. Cheating did not equate to murder.

Inola dressed Joshua and gave him a faint smile, as a tear slid down her cheek. She sniffled and wiped it away, bending down to kiss his cheek. It was late evening and almost dinner, but no one was hungry. There was a knock on the door making Enrique sign to his mom who didn't hear.

I think the French guy is knocking.

Inola nodded her head at her son, giving him the approval to tell French to come in.

"The door is open!" He shouted.

The door opened and French stuck the upper half of his body inside. Inola can I speak to you for a moment? Out here?

Inola got up and travelled outside the room, closing the door behind her. He hadn't seen them for the day. He was busy outside making moves. Omari had gotten bond and was sent home already. They must've kept him at the station for two or three hours and let him go.

You okay? French signed, caressing her face.

She just nodded sadly.

Police department let him out on bond. Before this even makes it to court I'm gonna off him—

Inola put her hand up, she couldn't deal with all of this right now. She didn't want too. French please, I don't feel like hearing about all this murder and whatnot.

You don't feel like hearing about it? He tried to murder you. He would've if he would've gotten inside the bathroom. Our baby would be dead right now. Is that why he snapped? Because you told him?

I told him it was his baby, that's why he snapped.

French narrowed his eyes. And why would you tell him that?

Inola ran her hand over her head, French because it could be, okay? I told you I don't know. We had sex once without a condom and you came inside me a lot that night. But I was also having sex with Omari around that time as well, without a condom either.

The two just stared each other. Inola really didn't even care for his judgmental attitude. It already happened and there was no going back. Go on, throw in your two cents like he did. I'm a slut, I'm a whore. I'm worthless and a bad mom.

French took a step forward, looking at her curiously. Her words were a bit concerning to him. What she did was wrong, but she was nowhere in the top group of sinners. He knew that because he was in that top group. He was a monster, compared to him she was just a human that made a normal human mistake.

Irresponsible, unpredictable and a bit wild, yes. Terrible, whoreish, a bad mom? Not even close. Nobody's perfect whether you're a mom or not. Don't let him get in your head, you're beautiful and nothing less than. You just have some issues, we all do. But you are nowhere close to being worthless Inola, don't ever say that.

Inola covered her face and French hugged her. She felt like shit and even though she knew she was the cause of a lot of people's pain, it felt good to have someone comforting her. To have someone say she was worth it. She pulled away to look at him.

What if this turns out to be Omari's baby? Will you still feel the same? You'll hate me.

I won't hate you, but I would feel some type of way I won't lie. French responded, but if it's his baby, it's his baby. I wouldn't get in between that and that would be for you and him to work out. But for the time being, I'll treat you like you and that unborn is mine.

Inola nodded, hugging him. Thank you, French.

He gave her a small smile and watched her go back in the room. He had a plan concocting in his head. He wanted to kill Omari for putting his hands on Inola. He wanted to kill Omari and take Inola for himself. Most of all, he wanted to kill Omari to keep it a secret he was the one who shot him first of all, and had nearly taken his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 3K 48
It's a story of broken maan who are away from each other physically but not emotionally because they know they can Survive being away from each other...
72 0 12
after a year of love and self acceptance. things start to get hard again. love breaks and comes back promises are broken will they be strong enough...
37 3 6
After her close friend dies, Raelyn is left with a rather deadly task to complete. Which closing chapter you choose to read determines if she succeed...
158 2 1
This story isn't about getting revenge or justice it's about it's about the unseen constant struggle with an overpowering internal threat that distor...