October Academy

By aurora_rain

Jade Fernwood is finishing her senior year at October Academy, notorious boarding school for the filthy rich... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71 - BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 72 - BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 73 - BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 74 - BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 75 - BONUS CHATPER
Chapter 76

Chapter 9

8.2K 247 46
By aurora_rain

Mrs Rosseau walks over to me and leans over my desk. She quietly says, "That police officer man would like to speak with you."

I bite my lips together. My heart pumps loudly enough that I notice it. "About what?"

"I'm not sure, chérie."

I slowly stand up. All eyes follow me as I walk to the door where the cop is.

The minute his eyes meet mine I recognise who he is. The zombie who tried to give me a speeding ticket.

"Nice to see you again, Jade," he says. "Maybe we should go somewhere more private."

Stranger danger. "No one comes through this hallway, we can talk here?"

"Alright, then. I suppose it's not too noisy."

"What can I help you with, Sir?"

"We never got to finish our little chat the other day."

"I didn't realise you had any more to say."

His eyes narrow on me. "Young lady, you got away without a speeding ticket, that's no way to treat a man that's done you a favour."

"I wasn't even speeding."

"And if I write you up a ticket now who is going to stop me?"

I shut my mouth hard. I feel heat rush through me, sweat drips down my forehead.

"Anyways, Miss Fernwood, I really would like for us to get along."

"Me too," I force out.

"If you help me with something, I'll forget all about it," he tucks a stray hair from my face behind my ear.

I flinch away and grit my teeth hard. This man is an actual paedophile what the fuck?

"What do you want?"

"I want you to find out who is selling fake ID's to the students here."

Phew. I already know the answer to that. "I have no clue," I lie.

"Then figure it out. Or I will write you up a ticket," he takes a step closer to me, and I take a step back, "Or maybe, I'll do something worse."

My eyes prick with something. My legs weaken and for a moment I think I might buckle over.

Mrs Rousseau takes a step into the hall. She eyes him up and down, giving him the stink eye. "All done here?" she says, "Jade really does have to return to class."

"Yes, I'm sure she values her education." He offers me his hand, "You can call me Officer Taylor. I can't wait to hear from you. Till then, I'll be keeping an eye on you."

Before I can walk away, he grabs my hand and shakes it firmly. His hands are clammy and tightly grip mine, so tight that it pinches.

I rip my arm away and run back into class.

Mrs Rousseau glares at him before I hear her say, "Next time you need to speak with a student, please request an interview with both the principle, and their parent present."

"No worries, Miss, I'll be sure to be more organised next time."

She closes the door and he disappears from sight.

When I sit down at my desk, I can't stop fidgeting. I aimlessly spin my pen around my fingers. One day, when I was procrastinating studying, I spent hours on end learning pen tricks. I hadn't even realised how much time had passed.

I spin the pen around my fingers, start biting my nails.

The bell rings. I wasted a whole lesson dawdling. I should have started my assignment. But how could I focus when Officer Taylor's threat was hovering above my head?

Serious Ted Bundy vibes.

What am I supposed to do? Admit to him that I know who's selling the ID's? No way. Not happening.

I go through the rest of the day barely focusing in class, barely taking in anything the teachers say. I fidget with my pen constantly and can't seem to sit still. I must look like a fucking toddler unable to control herself.

I'm relieved when the final bell rings, and I know I'm going to spend the afternoon at the Nine Lives. It's Ben's band's first performance since they lost their backup guitarist tonight, so hopefully that will distract me from this stitch up.

I have a quick shower before rushing back to my dorm room. On my desk, I set up my small mirror that was still left in my boxes. It's been a week and I still haven't had time to unpack. Typical teenage syndrome.

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh. The bruise around my eye has faded significantly. But I don't feel pretty, and right now I want to feel powerful, especially after that debilitating moment with that pedo pig from earlier.

A red lipstick sits idly in my makeup pencil case.

I hear a knock at the door, then Perry's voice through it, "You ready?"

"It's unlocked," I say.

She lets herself in. "You need something else," she says, picking up my hesitation.

"Red lipstick? Yay or nay?"

"One hundred percent. I mean, it only makes you look like a clown in some lighting."

"Perry!" I slap her playfully. "Fine, I'll try it."

"But then you can't kiss anyone."

"Wasn't planning on it."

.

.

.

The Nine Lives is so crowded that I can't move without rubbing against someone's ass. The main lights are dim, but spotlights wildly dance across the room. Music resonates so loudly that it rumbles through the floor and bounces back against the walls.

I hold Perry's hand tightly and drag her through to the bar. Her hand is sweaty by the time I let it go. Her eyes don't meet mine when I ask her what she wants to drink.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's just very loud and very... overwhelming."

"I know, it hasn't been this busy in ages." I look back over at Perry. "If you need alone time, you can always go upstairs, you know?"

"Yeah, maybe later. I want to try." Perry looks uncomfortable, but I know she is perseverant.

Xander makes his way over to us, throwing a lazy arm across both of our shoulders and pulling us close to him. "How are my favourite females?"

"How did you get here? I thought I was your uber," I joke.

"Nah, you've been replaced with Raphael." Xander smiles at his sister teasingly. "Now, let me be your wingman, who can I help hook you up with?"

Perry's cheeks go red, "No one!" she sputters out.

"Perry isn't even into anyone," I say and poke Xander's cheek. "How about you? Where's Acacia Darling?"

"She's busy tonight," he grins mischievously. "But I already got the cat in the bag."

"You really have too big an ego," I laugh.

"Help me find my sister a boyfriend," he says, raising his eyebrows cheekily. "We both know she needs to loosen up."

"I like your sister just the way she is, Xander."

"You're not going to like me much in a minute, Xander," Perry giggles.

"Why?! What did you tell mum this time?"

"Nothing!" she runs away and Xander chases her across the room.

The bartender leans over and hands me our drinks just in time. But without Perry around, I end up looking like a goof holding two drinks for myself. Alcoholics anonymous anyone?

I walk over to the corner of the bar and wait for Xander and Perry to finish their game of tag. I lean against the wall and take a long sip. The vodka is strong, completely overtaking the taste of raspberry lemonade. Meaning: I'm far too sober.

"Is that for me?" Callum gestures to Perry's drink, leaning against the wall beside me.

I pass him the drink, too lazy to hold it for any longer. "I guess it is now." Plus, Perry was never going to drink anything anyway. She's too much of a goody-two-shoes. I look out into the crowd but still can't find Perry.

"Here to get my autograph, pretty lady?" Callum's hand reaches up to cup my chin, turning my head to face him. I realise now our closeness, how he's only inches away from me, cornering me into the wall.

"You wish, Callum." Heat rushes to my cheeks when he stares at my mouth.

"Red looks hot on you," he flashes me a cheeky smile.

I put my hand on his chest and gently push him backwards. "Don't you have to rehearse or something?"

He takes my hand in his, "Don't break my heart, Jade."

"Boo hoo," I tease, taking my hand back.

Behind him, a group of girls stare at us.

"I think your followers are getting pressed," I say, looking behind his shoulder at some 'fans'.

"What can I say, I'm irresistible."

My eyes reach his. Green. My heart flutters for the briefest of seconds.

Two girls walk over to us, blocking me off from Callum. They start talking to him instantly, grabbing onto his arms and playing with his hair. He seems to relish in it.

I roll my eyes and walk away, back to the bar.

Before I have the chance to take a seat, Ben pulls me over. His face is serious for once. "Jade, don't fall for Callum." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 194 19
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
2.6K 32 27
Jocelyn Foster is a woman on a mission. Her mission, take the world of Women's Hockey by storm. She has put in the work. Countless hours of blood, sw...
10.4K 372 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
231K 9.2K 54
Book 2 of 3 Highly recommend you read book 1 first. Tanner 'T.J.' Levine has it all- looks, money, fame, and skill on the ice. His natural talent go...