Isekai Quartet (my version)

By GrantAmadeusLee

!WARNING! - There's plot armor lololololol This is isekai quartet in my version. If you don't know what is is... More

[Shorts] One Year of Love
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Beginning of Friendship
Chapter 3: Talent Show
Chapter 4: Trouble
Chapter 5: ?Reward?
Chapter 6: Class 1
Chapter 7: The Sins
Chapter 8: Sports day
Chapter 9: DANGER INCOMING!!!
Chapter 10: Pleiades
Chapter 11: Welcome to Nazarick!
Chapter 12: Stand user
Chapter 13: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures in Another World
Chapter 14: School
Chapter 15: Tower of Gray
Chapter 16: The Bizarre Adventures Begins
Chapter 18: The Bright Star
Chapter 19: Devo the Cursed
Chapter 20: The Other Side
Chapter 21: To The Sand Dunes
Chapter 22: Those were The Days...
Chapter 23: Phony Cameron
Chapter 24: Islands - Introduction

Chapter 17: What Subaru Should Do...?

593 11 1
By GrantAmadeusLee

After school... 3:30 PM...

Almost all the students are still inside the school. Satella, Echidna, Minerva, Narberal Gamma, Tanya, Jotaro, Joseph, Kakyoin, Avdol and Polnareff are long gone. But if you remember, Satella gives the students in the school who didn't join the mission a task.

The task is simple: "Try to investigate the door at the kitchen. If necessary, go in. Forget about the relationship of Roswaal and the door. Instead, you should try to get information why Roswaal and the other teachers are teachers, and why are we students. You should tell this to other students about this. If necessary, the teachers too. Just don't tell the teachers about why they became teachers or why are we students."
~ A task given by Satella to Subaru

All the students who are still in the school gathered in the lunch room. Ainz is the one closest to the door at the kitchen. The teachers and the Witches of sin are not gathered there.

Subaru: "This would be a hard task. Ainz, you will go-"

Albedo: "It's Ainz-sama!"

Ainz: "(When will this be over???) Albedo, please calm down."

Albedo: "Yes, Ainz-sama."

Subaru: "...Ainz, you should go first. You are the strongest here."

Ainz: "I know. It would be wise for me to go first. I will open the door, all of you behind me analyze what's on the other side."

Everyone other than Ainz: "Ok."

Ainz opens the door slowly. A light pass through the door to Ainz. It was a light of sunset, maybe the world there have the same timezone? Right now is 3:30 PM, the other world might be 3:30 PM too.

The terrain is very unexpected. It's very different from what Satella had told. Satella told them that the world is in a heavy snowstorm. But this time, it was different. It was just like the time when they first time seeing it. There were many, no, all types of flowers, including the dangerous ones, on the fields. A path leads from the door to a city ahead of them, a city with a very tall skyscraper that its top can't be seen. 

Ainz: "There is no way for us to investigate without going in. Demiurge, go scout the surrounding area. Just to make sure nothing can attack us."

Demiurge: "Ainz-sama, forgive me to say this but, I think this is a trap."

Ainz: "Oh? Why would you think so?"

Demiurge: "It seems that, there is a magic circle on the other side, and the door is inside it."

Ainz carefully analyze the surroundings. It seems that Demiurge was right.

Ainz: "Demiurge, it seems that the magic circle just appeared recently. It was not here last time. No... It was not here a second ago!"

Albedo: "That's impossible. No one can set a magic circle in a second without been detected."

Subaru: "Ainz, you can teleport right?"

Ainz: "Right. I'll just use, Greater Teleportation!"

Ainz teleports all the students into the world without stepping on the magic circle. It was their first time stepping on this world.

Albedo: "Ainz-sama. What should we do now?"

Ainz: "We go into that city. But be careful about your steps. There might be traps in this flower meadows, just like that magic circle that suddenly appears on the ground."

But as they speak, a crack on the ground is heard.

Reinhard: "Uh, sorry to shock you guys but, it seems like we are already in a trap."

Reinhard point his index finger to the ground.

A vine ties up Reinhard's legs without him noticing. (Which is impossible. I wonder why...)

Subaru: "It- It happened again! The vines that binds out feet. They were not here before. Where did this come from!?"

Subaru notices that the vines are coming from the flowers they stepped on.

Subaru: "It's the flowers! This whole flower meadow is a trap!"

Ainz: "It happened again! We didn't sensed it coming at all!"

Julius pulls out his sword and tries to cut the vines. He cut them successfully. Next, he tries to cut more vines that binds his friends. First is Emilia, then Subaru, and so one.

But Reinhard cuts the vines only with his bare hands. Then, he cut the other vines on his friends' feet in an insane speed. He did it within.... like 10 seconds. (Ok............. Wow🗿)

All of the students are free from the vines' grasp.

Ainz: "There must be someone who is hiding from us. He or she must be the one behind all of this. But, I've been using my skill to detect life forms that can be sensed from far away, but the result is: no one is hiding from us. Therefore, it must be a setup trap. But the trap just appeared in just a second, so there must be someone who sets up the trap. But there is no one around us. How is this possible?"

Emilia: "I think I already know a fact from here..."

Everyone turns their gazes to Emilia.

Emilia: "We aren't ready to get in here yet. There might be stronger enemies ahead. Stronger than we thought."

Albedo: "Are you saying that we couldn't go any further? Only because of vines binding our legs?"

Emilia: "Look here. Not even Reinhard can sense where or when did the trap activated! Not even Ainz-san. Which means we aren't ready. If we go any further we might set off traps multiple times."

Grantz: "Uh... Captain?"

Weiss: "Yes?"

Grantz: "I want to tell you that uh... Actually..."

Weiss: "Well? Say it!"

Grantz: "LOOK AT OUR LEGS!!!"

Grantz's voice can be heard by all students.

They all notices that their legs are turning into woody material. The woody material starts to spread its region. After a while, leaves starts to grow from it. Maybe flowers will also start to bloom from it. The scary part is, it didn't feel any different sensation. It feels normal that they didn't realize it. (Their equipments are also turning into wood too).

Subaru falls onto the ground. His legs couldn't move anymore. Ainz legs are already like a tree branch now. It is full of leaves and bright, colorful flowers.

Albedo & Shalltear: "Ainz-sama!!!"

Albedo and Shalltear starts to worry Ainz. But then they realize that their legs are also turning into wood.

Subaru: "Ever since we were touched by those vines... We were turned into wood!"

Emilia & Beatrice: "Subaru!"

Emilia starts to fall onto the ground, next to Subaru. Her legs have completely turned into wood and leaves have grown on it.

Beatrice's body, which is made from mana, is also turning into wood. Not just her legs, but her whole body.

Reinhard is also turning into wood, and he can't reverse it.

Julius is trying to get help by summoning his Quasi spirits. But shockingly, his contract spirits have turned into, not wood, but tree seeds. Each of them represent the colors of each spirits.

Julius: "What kind of magic is this!?"

Subaru notices that, the transformation starts to accelerate. His legs have turned into wood and surprisingly, it has strong roots keeping him on the ground.

Weiss: "This... This flower meadow...!"

Weiss analyze the shape of the flowers. Where where they came from. In which place they are growing from. But then he starts to collapse onto the ground.

Weiss: "Oof!"

Weiss analyze the flowers roots. It is attached to twigs, just like in a tree.

Weiss: "No way! It can't be! We are-"

His jaw muscles have turned into wood.  He couldn't talk anymore.

Captain Weiss... have completely turned into a part of the flower meadow.

Some students starts to collapse one by one. As if a force is forcing them down.

Subaru: "No way. We are becoming one with this flower meadow! Is there no way for us getting out of here!?"

Subaru realized, that Reinhard is already halfway from becoming completely turned into a flower meadow. Ainz is 1/4 of the way to be fully transformed. Beatrice have fully transformed.

Subaru starts to lose consciousness. While he's still alive, he struggles to analyze what is going on.

After a while, everyone dies, including Subaru.

Subaru have died...

================================================================================

Subaru comes back at his 'Checkpoint'. And the checkpoint is...

At the flower meadow!

Subaru: "(What!? What just happened!? We all turned into wood that time. My 'Checkpoint' is at that moment! My 'Return by Death'... Have made me return several seconds before!)"

Reinhard: "Uh, sorry to shock you guys but, it seems like we are already in a trap."

Reinhard point his index finger to the ground.

A vine ties up Reinhard's legs without him noticing.

Subaru: "(Talk about pressure!)"

Suddenly, Subaru comes up an idea.

Subaru: "Guys! Can we just burn it?"

Weiss: "Good idea."

Weiss lights the meadow on fire with his lighter. The vines are burnt into ashes.

Reinhard's legs are turning into wood, just like what Subaru remembered. But everyone else is safe, since only Reinhard touched the vines.

Ainz: "What the..."

Ainz is speechless. How did this happen without the trap detected? But most importantly, what is happening to Reinhard? He is slowly transforming into a plant!

Ainz: "If he is still here, the fire will burn him. Reinhard, get out of here, or you'll burn!"

Reinhard: "Is there a way to undo this wood transformation!?"

Reinhard comes up an idea. He intentionally put his legs on fire.

Emilia: "What are you doing!?"

Reinhard: "Stopping the wood from growing."

Reinhard is still fine on the fire. The wood has turned into burnt wood, which is black like ashes.

And he stops the transformation. But his legs are burnt.

Emilia: "Rem, can you heal Reinhard?"

Rem: "Yes, Emilia-sama."

Rem heals Reinhard's legs using water magic. The wood starts to crack when she is healing it. Reinhard peels off the wood and sees his skin underneath it.

Ainz: "What kind of magic is this? Vines suddenly coming after us. It attacks us without getting detected is a sign that we are not ready. We could go back, or continue."

Demiurge: "Ainz-sama. I think I know what the enemy doing. And I think Ainz-sama already know too."

Ainz: "(Ah *bleep*, here we go again...) Ah, yes. It's 'That thing', right?"

Demiurge: "Yes, it's 'That thing'."

Ainz: "(What thing!?)"

Ainz: "Demiurge, could you explain 'That thing' to everyone else?"

Demiurge: "Of course, Ainz-sama. The enemy is controlling the plants. And maybe he can create them too. He IS nearby, but he can-"

Julius: "Demiurge! Below you!"

Demiurge looks at his feet. Between them is a cactus growing in an insane speed. It grows taller and taller.

Demiurge moves away and suddenly, the cactus grows in an instant, taller than anyone.

Kazuma: "What!? A cactus in a flower meadow!?"

Demiurge: "This won't explain why there is a magic circle at the door though but still, the enemy is-"

Suddenly, more cactuses grows under Demiurge. Demiurge dodges all of them one by one.

Emilia freezes the ground in ice.

Subaru: "Emilia-tan, what are you doing."

Emilia: "Freezing the surroundings. Who knows what will happen."

Beatrice: "What? Are you saying you want to freeze us to death, I suppose?"

Emilia: "No. Demiurge is targeted. But I think if I freeze this whole field down, maybe we can be safe."

Subaru: "Good idea. Since all we see is plants attacking us, we freeze them to death!"

The cactus are no longer growing due to the ground being frozen solid.

Demiurge: "What I'm trying to say is that, the enemy is one of the plants here."

Ainz is shocked about this.

Aqua: "That's absurd! There is no way a plant can beat us all! I mean we can burn or freeze the enemy but, actually, let's do that now."

Demiurge: "No. Don't do that. The enemy is smart. He can move. I knew it."

Then, they realize, that the fire is gone. It is nowhere to be seen. Not even the smoke.

Kazuma: "Wait, where did the fire go? Even the smoke is gone. Aqua, did you splash the fire?"

Aqua: "No way I do that! I mean, I would but-"

Kazuma: "So you did splash it! Aqua!!!"

Aqua: "I didn't do it!!!!"

Subaru: "Kazuma! It's not Aqua."

Kazuma: "Huh?"

Subaru: "Look at the spot where the fire starts."

Kazuma looks at it and...

There is a giant, pink flower growing and a tree with weird, transparent fruits.

Albedo: "A tree and a flower that suddenly appear at the fire... It is obvious that this enemy is very strong. And the flower is producing this pink mist. I rather not touching or breathe in it.

Subaru: "Me too..."

Subaru: "(I have died once in this world. I don't want to die again.)"

Subaru: "I think we should return."

Kazuma: "Why?"

Subaru: "There are too many information that we don't know. Therefore, I say we go back. This place is weird. Not only there is a plant capable of controlling other plants, but also... It's already dark here. And I noticed that the moon... Is green with a giant whole in the middle like a donut?"

Everyone looks up to the sky and sees what Subaru described.

Ainz: "Yeah. I don't want to risk anything... We should return. We will investigate again if we are ready."

Weiss: "This is quite a useful information. The moon's appearance, this strange power, to be honest, we kinda almost died."

Subaru: "(I died you know...)"

All of the students return to their home.

That time is... 18:00

================================================================================

Meme for the day:

There is no meme. NOW GO WRITE A FANFICTION!

(It was just a joke ;-;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 539 19
A soul wakes up in the void after death and chooses the circumstances of reincarnation into a multiverse consisting of multiple fictional worlds. In...
58.5K 574 12
In this crossover, We see all four Isekai anime's Overlord, Re-Zero, Konosuba, and Saga of Tanya the Evil all come together to join forces, plot twis...
40 1 15
Luck-sekai. This is an isekai. It centers around a young man named Koki who finds himself reincarnated into a fantasy world that resembles many of th...
4.8K 172 37
"Have you, ever been isekai'ed?" Roy Excindo, a normal student, otaku, and half-shut-in decides to go and confess to his crush on a whim, but instead...