The Shield of Heda

Od Jonathyn_RB

With the council finding out that humanities lifeline may be failing, they make some questionable decisions... Více

Disclaimer and what to expect
The Fall
Wanted
Polis
The Natblida
Training for Dummies
Moving Forward
Troubled Mind
Hunted
Ascension
Relief
First Comes War
Then Comes Peace
Ramblings, and Rectification
An Old Foe
The Mountain
Interrogation
A Peek Into the Past
A New Threat

Victory

211 6 2
Od Jonathyn_RB

Dodging to the left, I barely avoid a vicious overhead swing from an axe. Dull or not, that thing could take my head off. Swinging up with the bottom end of my spear, I manage to catch the older boys chin in a heavy uppercut. Taking advantage of his stunned state I use my spear to sweep the boys legs and aim my spear at his neck.

We stared at eachother for a few seconds before we each broke out in a smile. "Ai yield."

Chuckling at his words, I offer my hand to help him up, which he accepts. "Yu've gotten better ai friend." The older boy praised.

"Oh I definitely have." I boasted, smiling at his bloody teeth. It's been a few months since I've landed in Polis and I could honestly say that I've never been happier.

I've made a multitude of friends and with our daily sparing sessions, Lexa and I have gotten pretty close. She is definitely my best friend, and I am hers. I still haven't managed to beat her yet but I will soon, I can feel it. I've managed to beat everyone here atleast once except Luna and Lexa. Lexa simply because she is too good and Luna because she is never around. I've honestly only caught a few glimpses of her.

Hearing clapping I turn to see Lexa herself smiling at me from the sidelines. "Woo-hoo I knew you could do it James!"

Laughing, I walk over to her. "Well of course, I never lose." I stated with a joking smirk. She just rolled her eyes at me.

"Wanna test that?" She said with a smirk of her own, knowing that I would take the bait. It's become tradition to have our final battles for the day be with eachother.

Screaming no on the inside, I agreed. She grinned widely and we ran over to our usual sparring circle. Going to our respectful spots we got into our battle stances and stared eachother down.

A lot of my victories I can't help but give her credit for these last few months. I started off pretty rough in training, I couldn't beat anybody. But after the second day Lexa offered to help me get stronger, and she definitely did. Within a month I was laying waste to every single fighter in the training area, except Lexa. She was the last hurdle in my race. My last obstacle before I was deemed the best.

I see the other Natblidas start to cease their training and gather around our sparing circle. Our sparing sessions have gotten pretty interesting as of late and have become rather popular to watch. I even see the Heda and Titus the flame keeper watching. Titus and I don't really see eye to eye but we do respect eachother. I respect him for his position and fighting abilities and he respects me for the same.

I've proven time and time again that I deserve to be the second of Heda and challenge anyone who thinks otherwise. Eventually everyone came to respect me and I them. Pushing the sickly feeling of the thought of Heda seeing me lose aside, I focus on my opponent. 'This is it, the moment I take Lexa down.' I think to myself, focused soley on victory.

She tenses and I can tell she is about to charge, and she does. Swords drawn out to the sides of her, she rushes me. Using my superior reach, I manage to stop her charge with a straight jab of my spear. The attack forces her to block with her swords in an X shaped defense. After my spear connects with her swords, I slide my left hand down to join my right at the bottom of my spear and spin on feet, causing a devastating side swing of my spear.

Knowing she can't block it, she goes under in an attempt to dodge, which would have worked if it wasn't for my foot kicking out at her. Connecting with her stomach, I send her stumbling back a few feet gasping for breath.

It took me a while to get over the fact that I had to hurt her in these fights, and I still don't like it. But she made it painfully clear that it was a spar and no matter what we did to eachother, that wouldn't mean we didn't care about eachother. We always made sure to take care of eachothers wounds after our spars.

Seeing as I landed the first blow, I raised my spear in a defensive stance and grinned at her with an eye brow raised. Narrowing her eyes at me in anger, she charges at me once again with more ferocity than the last time.

Sending out a quick jab of my spear to try and take advantage of my reach, she expects it and quickly sidesteps, striking out at me with one of her swords.

I quickly raise the end of my spear up blocking her strike, but it didn't end there. She was a whirlwind of blades. Strike after strike was sent my way, I had to either block or dodge them all. I couldn't afford to take a single trikes to my body or she'd gain the advantage.

We exchanged fast strikes for a few minutes, going back and forth. Neither one of us willing to back down or give the other an inch of breathing room. Blocking a right side swipe of her sword with my spear, she tries to go in with her left sword. Twirling my spear, I succeed in knocking her left sword out of her hand. While her right sword was pointing towards the ground due to my spear twirl, I send a roundhouse kick to her face.

With my foot connecting and sending her to the ground, I quickly take advantage, leveling my spear with her eye. Breathing heavily, I look down at my defeated, equally exhausted, but stunned opponent.

She had wide eyes as if she couldn't believe what just happened. To be fair though, I couldn't believe it either. "Ai yield..." she uttered, still in shock by her loss. 

As soon as she said those words, everyone watching erupted in loud claps. Finding Heda in the crowd, he had a proud look on his face and large smile. I finally beat Lexa, after months of continuously getting my ass beat I finally did it. Letting a smile split my face, I drop my spear and reach my hand down to help Lexa up.

Accepting my hand, once she was on her feet she grabbed me in a crushing hug. After a few seconds she pulled back. "You did it! I knew you could do it." She said with a smile mirroring my own.

My smile seemed to grow even wider at her words, if that was even possible. "I couldn't have done it without your help,  Lexa." I told her honestly, and I couldn't of. Day after day she would help me train. Working on my form, speed, strength, pain tolerance... I shuddered at the last one.

"Nonsense, yu laik a gona." She said modestly, shaking her head at my words.

After my time on the ground, I've picked up quite a bit of trigedaslang, and hearing her words made my face heat up and caused me to smile again.

Seeing the Heda wanting to speak to me, I quickly excused myself and walked over to him. When I stopped infront of him, he clapped me on the shoulder. The force of his hand nearly toppling me. "You did very well James. Come, follow me. I have a gift for you." Heda said proudly, turning and walking back to the tower.

Rubbing my shoulder, I followed after him. When we reached my room he turned to me and placed his hand upon my shoulder again. Thankfully, this time a little softer.

"James, since you've landed here, you've grown to be a son to me. You've made me proud, and I couldn't be happier with you." Matthew said proudly. I started to cry at his words, I had started to see Matthew as a father a while ago but I didn't want to say anything to him, incase he didn't reciprocate my feelings. I was afraid that he would get rid of me as a second.

Hugging him tightly, I felt his arms wrap around me as well. "Thanks, father." I whispered into his chest. At my words his arms seemed to squeeze just a little bit more.

Pulling me back, he motioned towards my room. "I had a gift commissioned for you. As a symbol, to show the world that you are a warrior, and a citizen of Polis. Make sure to keep it in good condition, and wield it with pride, my son." He said happily before walking off to who knows where.

Excitedly I open my doors to see the most beautifully crafted weapon that I've ever seen. The spear was two meters in length, tall but I'd grow into it. The shaft was a dark polished oak with tree and vine carvings swirling around it. The spear head was a dark tempered steel that seemed to glow in the candlelight of my room.

Taking it in my hands, I felt the weight was evenly placed and very balanced. Twirling it a few times I gazed upon it in absolute awe. It felt perfect, and it was.

"Thank you." I whispered, knowing Heda cannot hear me. I had a family, friends, I was happy... I was finally home... long forgotten was my cold grey room on the Ark, that place wasn't ever home. It was a prison cell, and that's all it ever could be.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

AN: Well, there ya go guys. I need more practice when it comes to writing out battles. Some of the stories that I have read, have the most epic ass battle scenes ever I swear. Hope you enjoyed!

Ai - I/my based on context.

Yu laik a gona - you are a warrior.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.9K 293 23
***A sequel of lifeline*** Brittney father who put there whole family in debt have to turn to a second party for help who wants nothing in return but...
28.7K 793 17
Be a loyal soldier. Kill and don't ask questions. Follow your commander's orders. Snow never thought her life would change. Until a hundred kids fell...
8.6K 317 18
Through the bond of a warrior and her second, an untold story of the past unfolds. Anya Kom Trikru tells us of the early life of Commander Lexa. From...
14.2K 518 23
When James finally gets adopted from the orphanage after being there for 2 years, he has to live in a new city. In his new school he meets a boy call...