Evanescent [GI Kaeya x Reader...

By Yinzy_Banana

[RE-ATTEMPT OF KNIGHTS •KAEYA X READER X DILUC•] ||Random and Slow Update!|| "Let go of my brother, he's inno... More

Prolougue
1. Entrance
2. Title
3. Joyous Tavern
4. Birthday
5. Anger
6. Rent
8. Victims
9. Blue
10. Red
11. Dead
12. Safe House
13. Shelves
14. Bandage
15. Arrow
16. Strings
17. Sunset
18. Loyalty
19. 5 Years Ago
20. Wedding
21. Invitation
22. Dress
A/N (ANOUNCEMENT!!)
23. Seized
24. Dance
25. Ballroom
26. |Kaeya's Route|
27. |Diluc's Route|
Special Big Thanks♡

7. Downhill

3.5K 95 38
By Yinzy_Banana

"Well, it looks like you can remember little by little." The physician looked up form the messy hand writing, full of scribbles to look at the exhausted glazing e/c. "You've said that in my previous one," she remarked, standing up from the table. "I'll be taking my leave. My check-ups are done. Here."

She handed out a bag of mora, sliding it to his side. "I don't have much on me right now. This is all I can pay." He nodded his head, taking the bag with pleasure. "Of course. I'll see you in the next visit." 

She nodded her head, walking out from the room down the hallways.

She finally arrived outside the hospital, enjoying how the breeze blew her hair whilst she was trying to survive from her own thoughts. A familiar man in red and black shade stood beside her, shifting on his own. "You're the same man I saw weeks ago." Her voice rang out to the cold air that seemed to be getting colder. She reluctantly turned her gaze to take a small pique of the man.

The man hummed in response, not paying much mind to her. "Are you ill?" She asked him out of the blue, not detaching her gaze from the patients that were taking a walk.

"...no. I'm here for weekly check-ups," he answered reluctantly as well. An 'oh' was the only reply she could say. "Are you... ill as well?"

Silence between the two as she was reminiscing for what was still left in her head. "Excuse me, Ms L/n?" Her eyes were still located on the green grass as the entrance. "Have we meet by chance?" She asked him, still not looking at him in the eyes. "You've been absent in Angel's Share for a while now," he answered solely as well. "Ah, Charles who told a customer, was it? I thought I said to cover up for me. Anyways, you are always welcomed in Angel's Share." She left him, leaving him questioning even more.

Who was that, she didn't bother to know.

***

No shelter.

No food.

Not even a water.

A perfect night to starve, wasn't it? She held both of her hand, fidgeting while trying to fight the cold that would take her body temperature away soon. The night was too silent for her ears to even hear the wind blew passed by her hair.

She flapped her hair behind, was about to fall asleep before一

Whoosh!

A paper flew right to her face, earning a small sigh. She took away the newspaper, reading it throughly. Letters that was written:

Stolen diamond!

A man called Anwyll L/n had stolen the precious diamond belonged to the noble, Diluc Ragvindr at four in the morning not long ago. Right now, he's going through investigation by the Favonius.

'Oh, some steale一ANWYLL?! What!' She quickly digged the paper to the bag, rushing to where she had to go一the Favonius' headquarters.

***

"Master Jean!! Explain!"

The paper was slamed to the table that crinkled up as the result of the rush and anger. "Y/n, please keep quiet in my office," Jean adviced, but that didn't stop Y/n from the anger that was burning inside her chest.

"What do you mean my brother stole the diamond from that snobby noble?"

"So, you've finally remembered the pieces from the past?"

Y/n was silent, taking a brief moment to breath in the ruined atmosphere, cooling her head by the sudden frusteration. "I know my brother better than anyone. He would never steal," she announced abruptly, putting away the subject as she stared into the glazing ocean eyes.

"I know your brother won't do that. But right now, it's still under investigation," Jean stated, looking up from the paper as she locked her gaze with the e/c ones completely. "Then? Let him go."

"We can't. The reputation will be at risk if we do that. Please understand us, Y/n.."

Even if her voice was full of worry, Y/n couldn't help but resenting the noble. "How could that noble一"

"Y/n, please watch that mouth of your一"

"What if someone arrests Barbara, will you resent them too?"

Silence was upon them. Her e/c didn't waver as it glimmered in disappoinment and hostile, watching the sympathetic ocean eyes. Jean knew how Y/n had loved her brother dearly, how close they were just by seeing the determination in their eyes. Yet, the biggest weakness, the biggest reason of Y/n's downhill: she couldn't differenate which was personal, which was professional.

"He's in the investigation room with the Captain Calvary."

...

"You may not enter, Captain."

The knight blocked her way from touching the doorknob. "This is an allegation. I command you not to block me."

"We apologize, but the captain had ordered not to let someone一"

Her e/c were menancing, as if they were piercing right into his soul while keeping her smile. Even the aghast expression that spreaded across his face, he still refused to let her in. "W-we can't let yo一"

"Sorry."

"H-hu一ow!"

A hit was sent right to neck, falling unconcious to the floor. She rotated her wrist as if her action was just a warm-up for her, opening the door, revealing her displeased expression. "So, that's where the noises came from," the captain commented, letting Anwyll walked to the furious h/c.

"What the hell did you do, Anwyll?"

"It wasn't me! It was a trap! I swear, Y/n, my dear sister. You believe me right?"

She walked passed the older man, stomping her way to the table. "Release him, Captain Kaeya." Her demand wasn't playing this time. The cold abyss of her e/c eyes stared, passing the lilac eyes一his soul.

"We can't do that without the letter from the Grandmast一

"This is an order from me."

"And what will you do if I do the opposite?"

Never once she knew, the man before her would be this challanging, concieted, yet一full of reasons to fuel her.

Standing up from his seat, he crossed his arms as the smirk made its way from his lips. Both eyes pierced into each other, a cold stare to start the small war that would happen anytime. "You're no longer the head of commands, Y/n," he affronted, adding the cold between them. "This is an allegation, Captain," she retorted in response. "Y-Y/n, it's fine," the brother spoke nervously, changing his mind, which she didn't listen to. "Don't interfern, Anwyll."

"Must I remind who interferes who," the captain remarked, still not taking his gaze away from the e/c. "You're still arrogant as ever, Y/n."

"And you're still cocky as well, Captain."

Realization hit her. Where did those words come from? But that didn't matter, not in this situation. She scoffed, crossing her arm to another whilst staring deep into his cold blue eyes. The acrid senses from his body stung her nose as he was taking a step closer with pride that followed. "I'm going to prove my brother's innocence. Just as you wait一you and that snobby noble."

The smirk was still there, spreading even wider to a grin. "Snobby noble? You were so attached to him before, weren't you?" She scoffed, smiling sinisterly as she retorted, "Attachment?"

Pulling her brother's arm forcefully to her side, the night would stay, the reason of her starting resenment. "Y-Y/n, please. W-we can't afford to add another more enemies一"

"And accomplice with a cocky people? Is that what you want, Anwyll?" The fact that Anwyll was older than Y/n, somehow shrunk from her discerning words. Ever since they were a child, Y/n was much more furious when she was mad. "Y-Y/n, h-his father helped our family一"

"We're indebted with the previous Ragvindr, not his family."

"Done with your talking?" The voice spoke out to the h/c which her eyes were still in alert, tightening her grip.

"Fire that's cooled down will still leave some smoke behind."

He only smirked, patting her shoulder in satisfaction. "Very well, do as you please."

He closed the door behind, leaving the two in the room by themselves. "Y-Y/n, please don't quit Angel's Shares just because of this. Don't cause more enemies!"

She was still quiet, gazing at the door as if there was still some leftover of Kaeya's soul.

***

Swish

The sound of her sweeping inside the tavern was heard aloud. Other employees had decided to drink outside whilst she decided to stay in one place. Her hair was pulled back in low ponytail, some strands fell to her face. She released the ribbon off impatiently as the door was creaked open, followed by the sound of the ringing bell.

"We apologize, but we're一"

Her words were held back as she realised who had walked in with the chilling aura followed passed by. "Master Diluc," she greeted, bowing her head down half-heartedly. "Good evening, Y/n."

Her eyes landed on the shoes, clearing her throat. "Pardon, but can you please put your shoes aside?" She requested solely, moving back her eyes to the floor, continuing to sweep. With no words said, he took off his boots, putting it aside一"Sorry, but please put it on the shelves."

Put it on the shelves it is then.

"So you're finally present here. Why were you absent for too long?"

She was silent, taking in a moment to talk. "I.. have some business with my older brother."

"Anwyll L/n?"

"...yes.. Anwyll."

Short silence was left between the two as they were busy with their own thing. None bothered to start a conversation, letting the silence remained until one of them spoke一"My brother didn't steal anything. I'm going to prove that."

The owner of the rubies eyes was still silent as he didn't say a word nor lift a finger from the checks. "And if I finally prove his innocence, I'll一"

"Has Charles informed you about the taxes I have to pay?"

She was quiet, turned to look at the opposite side of Diluc, rolling her eyes. "No. But as I was saying一"

"Have there been any trouble?"

"Master Diluc, I pardon about the interruptions, but please don't cut me一"

He put back the opened envelopes to the table, staring into her eyes nonthelessly, bringing the chills down the her spine. But either way, her eyes didn't waver in the slightest way. Both her body and soul were firm and assertive as how he was. "You've never changed, Y/n. What are you gonna do if you loose? Leave? Run like how you did years ago?" His voice was chilly as ever. But the confidence that ran along with his words reminded her of his stepbrother一Kaeya Alberich.

"I may or may not remember our meeting years ago, nor do I remember our past relationship. But once I win, I'll make you bow and kneel for forgivness."

"It looks like you forgot about the difference of一"

"Status? I never knew Master Diluc would be the one to bring up something like that."

Diluc fell silent as his eyes were looking in the abyss of her solemn e/c who dared to contradict him. He scoffed in arrogance as he broke the gaze, looking back to the opened envelopes. "If you wish to do so, go ahead. But I'll tell you one thing, I know you brother didn't steal."

"Then why did一"

"It could be a trap sent right after you. But we'll see who's going down first."

Her fingers balled into fist, gritting her teeth as she turned her gaze away abruptly to the floor. She crouched down to the cloth, continuing to clean the floor.

"Here's your salary for this month, and a letter was send for you by someone called Diane Lysafia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

967 63 23
Diluc was born lucky. A rich family, a loving father, and a wonderful brother who's always by his side. Hell, he'd even become the youngest Cavalry C...
2.4K 56 12
After a drunken one night stand, you end up pregnant with a child with Diluc Ragnvindr, a nobleman in Mondstadt. Since you were not ready or interest...
53.3K 2K 42
❝ You wowed as you stared in awe, " it's so pretty!" You leaned in to Childe pointing at the bright colours. While you admired the illuminations Chi...
26.7K 819 14
Diluc and Jean have always had feelings for each other, no matter how reluctant the two are to admit it. Besides, their personalities clash. He activ...