He's a Fanboy?!

Par notasocialcxsualty

❝Can't a guy read?❞ ❝Oh, yeah, sure. A guy can read. And have an expensive fandom shirt. And come to a librar... Plus

He's a Fanboy!?
He has 85% of girls obsessed
He's a Fanboy
He's ten centimetres away
He Says My Fanfiction is Cliché
He Makes Himself so Obvious
He's a Shank, I'm a Pansycake
He Decides to Celebrate
He Says it's Not a Date
He's Agreeing with Katy and Dale
He Can Call Me 'Elle'
He Kidnaps Me
He Needs to Blindfold Me
He Slips Me Notes
He Falls in Slow Motion
He Invades My Mind
He Loves Me
He Screws Around
He Was Only a Dream
He Wakes Me At Midnight
He Gives Me The Dirtiest Look
His Eye Twitches
He's In The Back
He Has Nothing To Say
He is a Friend of Luke's
skytrains - not an update
He is Forgiven

He's Super Hot, According to Dale

1K 72 126
Par notasocialcxsualty

If you haven't read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (smh, who even are you go reAD IT RIGHT NOW--jk finish my chapter first), Cath is the protagonist in the story :) also, if you haven't read divergent; tobias=four & tris=six. enjoy~!
___________________________

When I wake up, staring into the mirror, I think of Cath. Then I think of Hazel Lancaster and Peter Van Houten.

Peter hated it when Hazel dressed as Anna from his novel. But that was because he was a drunk idiot.

I assume that Rainbow Rowell wouldn't be a drunk idiot, however. The library wouldn't invite her if she was.

And so, I decide to dress as Cath.

I pull my hair into a bun and switch my contacts for my glasses. I put on brown jeans, a basic white shirt and a yellow cardigan--Cath's exact outfit on the cover of Fangirl.

Cath was a typical fangirl, except her fanfiction got a hundreds of thousands of reads online. Very much similar to me, though I only get a couple thousand or so.

She had an obsession with the Simon Snow book series, the same as my obsession with almost every young adult novel.

And she was an avid fanfic writer. She was the type to really commit to her work, completing chapters almost every night.

But she didn't write to express herself, to get attention or to set herself free.

No--she did it because she wanted to be somewhere else, to be free of herself, to stop being anything or anywhere at all.

She did it to disappear.

I practically already am Cath.

___________________________

"Sometimes," I say, "I wonder why I bother meeting up with you. One of these days I'm going to ditch you."

This time, I timed him. Thirteen minutes, twenty three seconds and seventeen milliseconds late.

He frowns, cocking his head to the side. "Only sometimes?"

"You're right. More like all the time."

"So what I'm hearing is," he smirks, "you wonder about me all the time?"

It's times like these that I wish I had darker skin so that I wouldn't have to look like a Pikachu when I blush.

"Just--just open the door."

He mumbles something like "you didn't deny it," and unlocks the car. I pretend not to hear to save my sanity.

Not that he's right. I just can't think of a witty comeback.

Having nothing this time to discuss, the ride is as silent as our school library. I stare out the window, watching the green trees and grass slowly change to small houses, then a couple buildings, and finally, skytrain stations and company towers.

Suddenly I turn around. "It's too quiet. I'm using your aux cord."

I plug the cord into my phone as Brayden says, "Well, thanks for asking." I ignore his redundant remark, as per usual.

I hesitate before tapping the song, wondering how hard Brayden will judge me when I play it. But then I think: It's my own damn music taste and I shouldn't give a shank if someone doesn't like it.

5SOS's 'Rejects' blasts through Brayden's car speakers.

He doesn't say anything, focusing on the road. I see his mouth move into a straight line, not showing his opinion.

I mouth every lyric to the song: Back at school, they all thought I was an outcast car crash. Hopeless fool, they said to me. I glance at Brayden, wondering if he even knows what band I'm playing.

I get to the chorus and actually yell out the lyrics, raising my hands like a lunatic. I should care that I'm completely and utterly embarrassing myself in front of Brayden, but for some unknown reason, I'm not.

"It's not a secret that I'm just a reject!"

Verse two, I go all-out, yelling the lyrics instead of singing because I can't sing at all. We stop at a red light and a kid in the car next to us raises his eyebrow as he stares at me. I keep dancing.

The chorus nears again, and Brayden smirks at me for a split second, and then-

"What was I thinking? Everyone sees it! It's not a secret that I'm just a reject!" We yell/sing in unison. I'd say we'd be closer to the yelling side.

I look at him and laugh. "You know my favourite band!"

He shrugs, smiling. "My sister's a huge fan. Their music is cool."

I'm starting to really realize how much Brayden and I have in common.

__________________________

We arrive at the public library, startled when we enter at how loud it is.

Of course, however, 'loud' for a library is actually not very loud at all.

A small--yet large for the library--crowd of girls (and a couple of boys as well) that look about ages thirteen to nineteen hold copies of Fangirl, Eleanor and Park and a couple Landlines in their arms, waiting to be signed in the main atrium. I myself have all three in my bag.

Brayden almost saunters over there until I grab his arm and pull him the opposite way. "I'm on the library council. We can go in from the back. I am on a much higher level than those mediocre fangirls."

"Then what level am I on?" he asks.

"You, being my entourage, are about Tobias levels lower than me," I reply as I push the elevator button.

"And those so-called mediocre fangirls are Tris levels lower than you?"

The doors open and we step out. "Psh," I say as I push open the door to the closed-off council room. "more like Tobias times Tris levels lower than me."

I'm met with five open-mouthed stares when we walk in.

"You have a friend?" Katy, with her big maroon glasses and white-blonde hair says in disbelief.

"Seriously? You're all so cliché. People that read actually do have friends," I argue.

"Yes, we have friends. We all do," Katy points at me. "But you never had friends."

"Now you're just being rude," I laugh, because this is the relationship Katy and I have. I had always been independent at school and never bothered to go out unless we had a council meeting. The five other people in this room--especially Katy--are probably the closest people I have.

It was never really the fact that I always had my nose in a book that made me so disconnected from other people. It was more of the fact that I was uninterested with everyone else.

"So, Annabelle's friend, who are you?" Dale, a skinny, pale boy who is hard to understand asks Brayden.

"I'm Brayden. Actually, we're not even really friends. It's kind of a long story, but we go to school together. She invited me to see Rainbow, and how could I not come?"

Something hurts me a little when he says we're not actually friends, but I suppose he is right.

"You're super hot," Dale says randomly.

Brayden is taken aback and subtly steps back a bit. I try extremely hard to keep my laughter inside. Typical Dale.

"Dale's right," Katy agrees, placing her hand on her chin and cocking her head. "Not bad at all. You should lock him down before he tries to run away."

Brayden glances at the door as if he might make a run for it, but it opens just on time as Joy, our red-headed council leader, struts through the door.

"Hey guys," she chirps. "Let me introduce you to my friend, Rainbow Rowell."

Let the fangirling commence.

__________________________

All six of us, eight including Brayden and Joy, sit in special chairs in the front row. Council perk!

After exchanging 'hello's' and a couple of fast 'I am in love with your books,' we set up the atrium with chairs and pulled out the small stage with a leather chair for Rainbow. It's a simple Question and Answer plus book signing.

With about a minute until we start, the small crowd fills with excitement.

Katy and Dale, both to my left, turn around in their seats to stare at some people behind us.

"We're if the front row," Katy whispers.

"Get on our level, pansycakes." Dale snarks.

One girl flicks Dale in the face.

Katy almost punches her until I slap her arm, telling her that Rainbow will be on in ten seconds.

"You have interesting friends," Brayden mumbles into my ear so that nobody else can hear.

"I personally love them," I whisper, straightening up so I can reach his ear.

Dale suddenly gasps. "Oh my Tobias, did you just say 'I love you' to him?!"

"Hell no!" Brayden and I say at the same time.

Katy opens her mouth to say something, but Rainbow walks on stage.

The crowd woots and shouts their love, some even throwing roses.

A pile of index cards lie on the table next to her, filled with questions previously written out by the fans in the crowd. Not knowing what to write, I asked, 'Do you like pie?'

Aren't I incredibly smart?

She starts answering questions, and I am genuinely interested in everything she says. A half hour passes quickly and I find myself not wanting this to end.

She finishes answering another question about writer's block and picks up another card. She looks up in confusion.

"Who's Annabelle and Brayden?"

My head immediately snaps to the left: At Dale and Katy.

"The card says, 'Do you ship Annabelle and Brayden?'" Rainbow reads.

I death stare them. They both smile sweetly, then point to us.

"We're not even really friends," I state, not daring to look at Brayden.

"Yeah, they're more like lovers," Katy says.

"I heard Anna say 'I love you' to him earlier!" Dale adds.

"That is not what happened," Brayden denies.

I look at him and hope my face is not as red as his. It seems unlikely though, as my face feels like it fell into the Dauntless' bowl of hot coals.

"You're both blushing," Rainbow coos. "that's adorable."

She looks at Dale and Katy. "I totally ship it. Send me a message when it happens. I want pictures too!"

Brayden and I are dumbfounded.

Rainbow looks at us like she's looking at a baby or a puppy. "I can't wait for you two to be canon!"

__________________________

LOL NOT EDITED WHATSOEVER

im so tired ughhggggbdkkskd

i realized my a/n's are actually really long LOL so ill make this short

QOTC-thoughts on dale and/or katy?

VOTE! COMMENT! thanks ily!

-jubiesaur <4

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...