Grey-Sloan Memorial from Your...

By LeewayEcho

You are going to be the new Head of Pediatrics at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital as the current one is stepping... More

Head of Pediatrics
New Beginnings at Grey-Sloan
First Day Jitters (Part 1)
First Day Jitters (Part 2)
Celebration at Joe's
Code Silver!
Come Back To Me
Come Home with Me
Back to Work
Messing with You
Don't Say It
Better Together
Together, We are Family
1...2...3...Family!
Aftermath
Time to Party!
All Night Long
If I Lay Here
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Arizona's Trauma)
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Y/n's Trauma)
Stronger
Moving On
Waking up with a Headache
Stuck in Bed
Get Me Out of Here
Back to Work (Again)
All Alone
Rise and Shine
Paging Dr. Torres
Joke's on You
Beautiful Ghosts
Aftermath (Again)
Let's Go to the Beach
I Saw Mama
Should I Stay?
Are You With Me?
House of Cards
Grateful for You
Surgery Again
At Home, Nothing to Do
What Do You Mean?
Meet Little Miss
I Have Someone I Want You to Meet
Crash and Burn
Cute and Fluffy
Tell Me What You Like
No Justice, No Peace
Parents are in Town
A/N
Marry Me
Down to Celebrate
Timothy Daniel Robbins?
Long Lost
7 years
United
Where Does the Good Go?
Let it Be
You are My Home
Waiting, Watching
Lay with Me
Meant to Be
Wedding Bells and a Kidney?
Save a Life
What is it, You Say?
Stuck at Home
Raging Fire
Still Healing
Can You Live, For Me?
I'm Sorry, Forgive Me
Close Enough
Just a Little Blue
Kids Make Everything Better
Our Future
AUTHOR'S NOTE, NEW STORY!

Long Lost and on the Run

764 24 0
By LeewayEcho

Arizona's POV

Shit.

Why did I say that? Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut for five more minutes to let it all sink in more and to understand where she was coming from?

She was trying her best and I just blew up at her. I lost my temper and blew up at her. How am I going to fix this? I know she said she wanted to be alone, but she gave away her hiding spot to me, she told me to come find her. 

I had to go get her, I needed to apologize for what I said. It was in the heat of the moment and I regret it so much.

I get out of the hospital and go to the store and buy as many sunflowers as they possibly have.

It had been an hour now so Y/n should be at our spot. I was so nervous and scared for what she would do. 

I get to the park and look around. Sure enough she is over on the bench overlooking the city. I get out of the car, grabbing the flowers, slowly making my way over nervously.

I see she is trying to catch her breath with her head in her hands. I place the sunflowers on the bench and she props up. I move behind her and place my hands on her shoulders and move down to whisper in her ear. "I'm sorry, baby. Can we talk?" I ask her innocently.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd be here. I'll see you back at the hospital. I'll leave you alone." She says and gets up sadly, looking very defeated. "No, no. I don't want you to go. I came to find you. I came to profusely apologize for what I said to you." I tell her. "It's alright, I deserved it. I didn't tell you right away, so I deserved your anger." She tells me as she slumps back on the bench.

"Y/n, you didn't deserve anything I said to you. You were trying your best in the situation you were given. I should have taken the time to understand how hard it must have been for you to have to tell me this. You took the time to call my parents and ask them what was going on. You needed time to think and get through the surgery. You got through the surgery, probably still distracted by the fact of who this was. Then on top of that, you had to come tell me. And I just blew up at you. Yes, this came as a shock to me. I am still in shock, but I had no reason to speak to you the way I did. There is no excuse for it." I tell her. 

"You were shocked, I told you I went about the situation wrong so I deserved all of your answer. I get it. You deserve to be angry at someone, so let it be me." She tells me, looking even more defeated. "I don't think there was any other way to go about the situation. If you told me, you would have been even more distracted in surgery and something could have happened. I am not angry at you, I refuse to be angry at you. If anything, you should be angry with me. I am sorry for everything I said, I am not going to make an excuse for that either. I am truly sorry, Y/n. I was just so jumbled in my thoughts that I took it out on you." I tell her.

"I told you to. You needed someone, so I let it be me. I'm sorry I didn't stay, I know I should have stayed." She tells me sadly, looking into my eyes with so much guilt. I took my hand and brought it to her cheek. "No, you have nothing to apologize for. Nothing at all. I treated you unfairly with the cards you were dealt. You did what you thought was right in the moment, and taking the time to reflect on it, you were right in this situation. You needed Callie to help you understand the situation better and working together, and you needed to ask my parents about the situation. If anything, I am upset with them for not telling me." I finish.

"Don't de too upset with them. Tim wanted to keep them a surprise so he could come back to you and you could watch them grow up with him. And they probably didn't tell you because they lost contact with the mother and then all together, so they probably knew you'd be wrecked with the guilt to try and find them or something. What they hid from you is inexcusable and wrong, but just try to understand why." She tells me.

"I'm not sure I understand the complete picture of why all this unraveled the way it did, and them keeping it from me, but I will do my best to understand." I tell her, as my thumb strokes her cheek softly. 

"I am sorry, Y/n. I am sorry for the way I talked to you, that was not fair of me. I understand if you really want to be left alone, or if you want to yell at me or scream, I deserve that much." I tell her sadly.

She takes my hand and kisses the inside of my palm a few times before placing our hands in her lap. 

"I was upset by what you chose to say, but it doesn't matter. I knew you were upset and I know everything came as a shock to you. I just want you to know that I didn't intentionally keep it from you, I had to get him to surgery and I came to tell you right after." She tells me.

"I know, baby. I know now that you did everything right. You did everything right." I tell her with sad eyes. "I've been a horrible fiancée for the past couple of hours and I am sorry." I say innocently.

"Don't say that, you had a normal reaction to finding out very big news." She tells me sternly. "I very much would like to kiss you right now." I tell her. Before I manage to say anything else, she brings herself close to me.

She softly placed her lips on mine. It was a kiss I needed more than I even knew. She pulled away and rested her forehead on mine. Her hands were wrapped around my neck softly and my hands were around her waist. We stayed like this silently for what felt like forever.

"Do you want to meet them? They are the sweetest kids and they kind of look like you. Blonde hair, blue eyes. They are polite and kind, and they look out for each other. I can bring you to their room and leave you to meet them if you want." She says with such love in her eyes. " I want you to stay with me. I want them to know who you are to me. And they know and trust you already. I am still a stranger to them." I tell her.

"They will love you when they know who you are." She tells me. "Just like I do." She says with a smile. "I love you, Y/n." I tell her. "I love you, Arizona." She says to me. 

She pulls me in for a lingering kiss. She pulls away and rests her head on my mine again. "I'll meet you back at the hospital, I didn't bring my car so I have to run back." She tells me.

"I'm actually kind of offended." I tell her with a pout. She looks at me confused. "I have a perfectly good car that fits more than just myself in." I tell her.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to be alone." She tells me with a pout. "I came to find you because when we got engaged, you told me your hiding spot because you never wanted to actually be alone. You wanted me to come and find you. So I don't want to be alone now, I want you to be with me." I tell her sweetly. "Come on, we have to go see our niece and nephew." I tell her sweetly. 

She gives me a smile and says, "ours?" 

"Tim would have loved you and been ecstatic that you were their aunt as well. I can't think of someone better to go through this with, nor do I want to find out. Come on, baby. Let's go see them." I tell her and stand up. I reach out her hand for her to take, which she gladly does.

Y/n's POV

We are back at the hospital and Arizona has been nervously squeezing my hand ever since we left the bench at the park. 

I do my best to reassure her and tell her it was okay. We sneak kisses every so often and just reassure each other.

I spot Callie, Alex, and Mer off in the distance and give them a smile and nod. I hope they understood that was a good thing. They all give me a smile back. 

We reach the peds floor after I go change into my scrubs again and I stop Arizona before their room. "You ready? We don't have to go in there if you aren't ready." I reassure her. "I'm ready, baby. I have you with me, I am ready to conquer anything." She says to me confidently.

I wrap my arms around her and bring her in for a soft, short kiss. I give her a nod and lead her to the room. I knock on the door and let myself in. Timmy was still in bed and Sammy was on the cot they brought in for her.

"Hi Dr. Y/n! Look what we drew for you!" Timmy says holding up a drawing. I over to him and look the drawing. "Thank you, buddy. I love it! I'll hang it in my office!" I tell him with a huge smile. 

"Oh, Dr. Y/n! We made this for your financ--" Sammy starts, "oh, I can't say it!" She says with a pout. "Fiancée, Sammy. You were close!" I tell her. "We made it since she has the same last name as us." She tells me with a smile.

"Actually, that is who I wanted you to meet. This is Dr. Robbins." I tell them, motioning for Arizona to come next to me as I take her hand.

Sammy waves me over so she can whisper in my ear. "She's really pretty." She says, but loud enough for Arizona to hear. "I know, isn't she?" I tell them. Arizona starts to laugh.

"Okay, you two. We need to be serious for a bit. Can we put our serious faces and hats on? I have something important to tell you." I tell the two of them. They nod to me and use their hats as if to put on their serious hats. 

"Okay, so you know how this is Dr. Robbins? Her first name is Arizona. Just like your middle name, Sammy?" I ask them, still holding Arizona's hand. They both nod.

"Well, this is your daddy's sister. This is your Auntie Arizona." I tell them, waiting for their reaction to it. "Auntie Arizona?!" Sammy says first and jumps up. "Auntie Arizona!!" She says again and comes running towards Arizona. She runs into Arizona and wraps her arms around her legs. Arizona brings her hands around the little girl. 

Sammy hugs her, not wanting to let go. I look up at Timmy and he has a big smile on his face and tears running down his cheeks. I go over to him to comfort him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Timmy, it's Auntie Arizona! It's really her." Sammy keeps repeating. She drags Arizona over to Timmy. Timmy holds his arms out for her to come in to hug him. "Hi, Auntie Arizona. It's very nice to finally meet you." Timmy says calmly as Arizona goes in to hug him.

"It's nice to meet you too, Timothy." She tells him. "That's my daddy's name. I go by Timmy." He says to her. "Oh, okay. Then hi, Timmy." She says with a smile.

It was so nice to seem them together now. It was almost as if there wasn't seven years between their meeting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 1.3K 75
You are a peds surgeon and start your new job at Grey Sloan. What will life bring you and what will happen when you meet Arizona Robbins? This is a...
244K 3.3K 50
BEFORE YOU READ !! I made this book when I was 15-16, the writing is mid and sometimes it might not make any sense now don't worry it's a good book...
685K 18.3K 89
Saving lives is all I wanted to do in life but something harder than a open heart surgery is protecting your own heart. I thought I was strong enough...
79.4K 3.8K 57
Nothing good comes without a cost. I spent all my life fighting against what my family expected me to be until I proved them wrong. I fought to hold...