Get Me Out of Here

Arizona's POV

I'm so excited to move in with Y/n. We agreed to keep both of our apartments. I mean, why not? We can have people over and they can sleep in the other apartment. 

My mind selfishly goes to I can be naked with my girlfriend whenever I want. That's always a plus. 

She's still stuck in bed until tomorrow so I know she's going stir crazy. So I had a sweet surprise planned for her. All the kids that helped yesterday, were going to help again today. All the kids were able to walk so I recruited their parents. They were more than happy to help because they all adored Y/n. 

I was so excited for this. I know being stuck in the bed was the last place she wanted to be so hopefully my surgery wouldn't be too long so I could visit her. 

I go to scrub in with Nicole and we start our 4 hour long surgery.

"How's Y/n doing? She seemed in a little better spirits when I visited her last." Nicole started. "She's better. She tried to tell me how she was holding back from furthering my studies, but I was having none of it. I mean, we are not behind at all. And it's exciting teaching you some new techniques for pediatric surgery." I tell her.

"Y/n is stubborn and hates to be an inconvenience. It'll take convincing, but she will let you take care of her eventually." She says to me. "That's all I want, I want to take care of her. I want her to let me." I say with a sigh. "Patience is a virtue, Dr. Robbins. She needs all the grace and patience you have, but I promise you, she is worth it." She says, crinkling her eyes meaning she is smiling under the mask. 

I nod and Nicole resumes what she was saying about the surgery. This woman is beating the hell out of me with information, but I am retaining all of it. Some days I can't believe I actually switched specialties and gave up my department head position, but it would have never brought me to Y/n. So, while I am fried by the end of the day most days, I am happy with my decision. 

Happy is the understatement of the year when it comes to Y/n. I can't even believe I got so lucky. 

Nicole has finally started to trust me more and was allowing me to take lead on some sections of the surgeries. I think Nicole and Y/n had a discussion because she all of the sudden had me doing more in the surgeries after visiting Y/n one time. 

Conversation between Nicole and Y/n in Y/n's POV

"Nicole, you need to start to let Arizona take the reins more in surgeries. She is more than ready. She's way ahead of other fetal surgeons that you've trained." I say. 

"But I have a timeline and we haven't hit that yet." She tells me. "Nicole. Stop with the timeline, give it a break." I start in on her. "She's well on her way to becoming the next you. She's freaking talented, and you know that. Let her take on more responsibility. She learns, you get a break. It's a win win." I tell her sternly. 

"You know, I hate when you're right. Because then you rub it in my face." She says with a laugh. "I like being right. But I say this as a fellow surgeon, not a girlfriend. She is gifted, you have to let her show you. Trust goes a long way, Dr. Herman." I tell her with a smile. 

End conversation

Arizona's POV

Dr. Herman let me get the tumor off of the fetus and it was exhilarating. Then I caught a glimpse of Dr. Herman looking up to the gallery. She quickly looked down to inspect my work. "Nice work, Robbins. I think you may have a visitor." She said, looking up to the gallery again.

I looked up and to my surprise, Y/n was sitting in a chair in the gallery with Schmitt. She gave me an ear tug and I gave her a nod with a smile in my eyes. She got up with the help of Schmitt to go over to the intercom in the gallery. "Alright, Dr. Robbins. Before you get mad, the wheelchair is in the hallway. I don't like angry Robbins, do you Dr. Herman?" She asks. "Oh no, she really scares me." Nicole jokes.