With an Egg on One's Face ~ K...

By cypso-

I don't know about the title, so let's just ignore that. One day (Y/N) realizes she likes Hinata, and having... More

Monarchy~ Part 1
Street lights~ Part 2
Practice~ Part 4
Rambling~ Part 5
Don't you dare eat that porkchop you dropped on the floor ~ Part 6
The Words you Say to me~ Part 7

Honeydew ~ Part 3

26 1 6
By cypso-

Social Deity (Kageyama)

(Y/N) 

KAGEYAAMMMAA! I HAVE thIS AMAZINGPLAN BUT WE NEED TO LAY thE FOUNDATION FIRSt

Social Deity
Why are you still up it's like 1:00 in the morning.

(Y/N) 

I took a nap when I got home and I can't sleep :|

Social Deity

Dumbass.

(Y/N) 

Thanks luv, okok let's get to the point bubs :P

Social Deity 

Whatever you say.

(Y/N) 

IN ORDER TO LAY THE FOUNDATioN, we should get me into his head!!!!

Social Deity 

How?

(Y/N) 

JUST SAY MY NAME AS MUCH AS pOSSIBLE!!!

Gotta make sure I'm on his mind 24/7 my man

Social Deity 

That sounds easy enough.

(Y/N) 

that was the whole point silly ;P

Anyways I just took melatonin gummies :D 

Talk to you in the morning 

And goddamn these gummies are good.

Social Deity

See you at school tomorrow.

Sadly.

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

My eyelids

Are so heavy

That I can't keep them open any longer.

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

There wasn't a dream last night, only a blackout which was quickly cut short by my alarm. Obnoxious. I peeled my eyes open looking for the off button, but all I saw was the time 6:30; I had overslept again. I rushed to the bathroom brushing out my hair and quickly brushing over my teeth trying to think about how I would make it to school on time. 

If the walk there is 20 minutes, and it takes me 15 minutes to get ready in the morning. Okok (Y/N) think. I didn't eat breakfast anyways so that wasn't a problem. I uhm, I could jog to school maybe? But I didn't want to arrive all sweaty. Hmmm. 

If I jog the first half of the walk then I could have the other half to cool down and that way I should be able to arrive on time!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This

Hurts

Me

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Cut short, that plan was a complete failure. 

"(L/N)?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me, so I turned around to see who it was. 

"Kageyama?" I waved to him briefly. 

"You're late again?"

"HEYYYY, IT'S NOT THAT OFTEN."

"You were late all last week too. C'mon hurry up we only have a minute or two to get to class." 

"Oh, uhm, alright." I followed behind him attempting to keep up with how quickly he sped down the halls, but I was barely keeping up.

Kageyama POV

Why do they walk so slowly? I can't just slow down right now, the quicker I can 'matchmake' these two the quicker (L/N) will give me a break. I grabbed onto their arm, attempting to more or less drag them to class. At least this way we could arrive on time, not that I wanted to go to class.  

So as soon as we arrived behind the classroom door, I released (L/N)'s arm, and let them walk freely. 

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

"Thank you

Kageyama

I appreciate it."

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

I shouldn't have enjoyed the way they said my name like that, they've said it before and will probably say it again, there's nothing unusual about it.

"I didn't really do anything." I opened the door entering the classroom, managing to arrive on time. 

Goddamnit (L/N).

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

You're voice 

reminded me of

A honeydew melon

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

(Y/N) POV

I yawned stretching back into my seat attempting to stand up straight but instead being met with a world of darkness, feeling as though the world was spinning me in circles, trying to catch my balance and then falling back into my seat. 

I heard a chuckle, it was Hinata, "what was that (L/N)??" Another chuckle arose from him. 

I answered with a confused smile, "No idea?" Which wasn't completely a lie, it was probably because I'm dehydrated, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

"Maybe it's because you're hungry!?" Hinata looked like he had solved the entire thing, at least he tried. 

"Uhm, yeah maybe..." I responded a bit embarrassed, I couldn't tell if he was catching on to my problem.

"You should go get something to eat then!" Hinata responded pulling out his lunch and beginning to eat.

"I'll Uhm, meet you in the gym then." I left the classroom briefly making eye contact with Kageyama. 

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

Your concern

Makes me feel

Guilty

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

I entered the gym and the first thing I heard was Kageyama's voice, "Oh, hey (L/N), you finally made it."

"How was lunch (L/N)?" 

"It was nice I guess." That was a lie of course, I never brought any money with me because I didn't have any. So when I got to the vending machine I just sat there and sulked for a little bit. 

"That's great!" Hinata saying that made my guilt feel even heavier than before, but I pressed on, feeling Kageyama's eyes on me. I couldn't tell if he knew, and I was beginning to feel guilty. 

"Could I throw the ball to you guys..?" I asked timidly. 

"Of course (L/N)!" Hinata looked excited, which made me feel a bit better about earlier. 

"So I just throw these volleyball to Kageyama, right?" Kageyama nodded and Hinata threw a thumbs out. "Alrighty then!" 

Though my first throw was a long shot away from Kageyama, he still managed to set it to Hinata. One second it was above Kageyama... Wait... How did it get across the court??? I stood in awe a moment, an audible gasp escaping my lips, Hinata wasn't being over dramatic, he was probably understating it actually...

"Are you gonna throw the next ball (L/N)." Kageyama pulled me back to reality, to which I nodded picking up the next ball and hoping it'd be a little close to Kageyama this time. But no, it was further away than last time. 

In the time he had while Hinata rushed over to receive it, Kageyama glanced over to me, with an unreadable emotion on his face. A mix of confusion and disappointment.

Regardless, a few moments later the ball was back over his head and Hinata was jumping at the net already. And then once again a moment later the ball hit the other side of the court. 

"Hinata! Kageyama! You guys are really good!" I said something they probably already knew, but Kageyama's smirk and Hinata's excitement still made me happy. I picked up another ball and the process repeated. 

Regardless of how terrible the throw was, it'd always wind up over Kageyama's head one way or another, even if Hinata's receives were typically a bit... Sketchy per say... 

But soon enough, lunch was over and we were all wandering back to class. 

"Could I... Practice with you guys again tomorrow at lunch..?" I mumbled. 

"Of course (L/N)!" Hinata grinned, to which I felt my eyes light up.

"Yeah, you're so bad at throwing that it makes the practice more difficult," Kageyama said nonchalantly to which I deadpanned, unable to tell if what he said was a compliment or not. 

"Thanks..?" I muttered, Kageyama nodding in response. 

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

Please

Let that be 

A compliment

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

It's been a week, and it's like the same thing keeps repeating. I arrive late to school, Kageyama typically dragging me to class. I remain nauseous the entire class and have a dizzy spell when I try standing up, but I press on and practice with them during lunch.

And now it's after school on Friday, and I'm watching their practice. Sure enough, it's even better than during lunch. Though checking me back into reality was the coach.

"Hey you're name is (L/N) right?" I nodded. "Well, Hinata and Kageyama keep coming up to me and talking about practice with ya during lunch." He sighed. 

"Oh..." HINATA TALKS ABOUT ME I REPEAT HINATA TALKS ABOUT ME!!! 

"And, I was just wondering if you wanted to become a manager or something." A manager position? 

"Sorry but... I'll have to decline." I don't have enough energy to do that, nor do I want to have many commitments to this team if I ever get with Hinata one day and we break up. "But I'll be happy to help out if needed." I need to keep a way to get out if things go south. 

"Well, thank ya anyways." And with that the Coach walked away and I avoided a crisis situation.

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】

I don't want

To get

Stuck.

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】

And just like that Hinata, Kageyama, and I were walking home. 

"(L/N)!! I heard you turned down the opportunity to be a manager for us." I couldn't tell if he was down about it, but I desperately hoped he was despite how cruel it sounded. 

"Oh, yeah, I'm sorry about that, I'm just... Busy." 

"Ahhh, I get it, maybe next year then!"

"Yeah... Maybe."

I heard Kageyama sigh, "(L/N) you're still forcing me to go to your house?" He mumbled, I could see Hinata raise an eyebrow at his statement. 

"Yep! There's no escaping me." I responded contently, Kageyama just sighed.

"Oh uhm- are you guys a thing or something?" I stopped walking a moment before freaking out. 

"OH NOPE THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL HINATA!" Was the only thing I could think to say.

"I WOULDN'T DATE (L/N) IF I WAS ON MY DEATHBED HINATA." Ah yes, thank Kageyama for backing me up on this one.

"BITCH dID YOU JUST SAY I WAS UNDATEABLE." 

"WA-WAIT I MEAN-" I could hear Hinata laughing in the background, which quickly flipped my emotion from one of sarcasm and panic to laughter as well. Looking at Kageyama's poor confused and panicked face quickly brought me back to my senses while I was losing it sitting down on the concrete. 

As soon as I was done giggling, Hinata offered me a hand, which I took a tad embarrassed, quickly feeling dizzy and losing my balance. Kageyama grabbed my shoulders making sure I stood still until it was over. 

"You're gonna fall and hit your head one day (L/N)." Hinata looked concerned but I shrugged it off. 

"Yeah probably." 

"Maybe you should like- see a doctor." Kageyama deadpanned.

"Oh, right..." I couldn't see a doctor if I wanted to, I didn't have the money, my Father was on a different continent and he wouldn't give me any money again until the end of the month. I've tried getting a job before, but don't really want to hire a weak-looking kid like me who isn't even old enough to really be working. 

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】

Is hiding

The things to go on inside my head

Deception?

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】

AWW I'M SORRY I HAD TO ADD IN SOME X KAGEYAMA STUFF IN JUSt A LITTLE. SMH this is an x kageyama story anyways wtf aM i on abt. Kageyama gets to enter your hommmmeeee *kithes* You should probably go clean your room smh, AND DRINK SOME WATER

Stay hydrated luvs :] and I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764K 28K 34
after 5 years of dating, kei decides to propose to his high school sweetheart, y/n. however, nothing's easy for a tsundere boyfriend. ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๏ฟฝ...
64.7K 2K 17
"I'll always support you too. We'll make our future bright and achieve our dreams... together." A story where y/n, a former model moves to Miyagi for...
145K 4.6K 24
Ship: kageyama x Hinata of karasuno Don't mind the title..I was a little indecisive;-; I might consider changing the title soon..or not XD {Complete...
2.4M 127K 200
โคท๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง~ โžณ โ hi! you're my new friend! โž โžณ โ lmao u wish โž { ka...