Divinity || Draco Malfoy

Від icecubewater

Averie Wilson is an aspiring fashion student. Draco Malfoy is a top designer and CEO of his own well known f... Більше

Casting
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

6

2.8K 160 246
Від icecubewater

Averie woke up the next morning with a blinding headache.

One that pounded at the base of her skull so hard it made her vomit when she woke up. How much did she have to drink last night? She didn't recall having too many.

One when she got there, another after that. 

Oh.

Everything came crashing back to her like a tsunami.

She met the most mysterious and attractive man, he bought her a drink, they made out in the bathroom.

Averie let out a groan when she remembered it all. She was currently sitting on the once clean bathroom floor, huddled over the toilet. Hopefully she didn't feel nauseous at work, the headache was horrible enough.

The things she would have done to him if she didn't have work the next morning.

She inwardly cursed as she finally stood up, headed for the shower. She wanted to clean up nice for her first day.

First impressions were everything to Averie.

She didn't care about what others thought of her for the most part, but she wanted to make sure they liked her. Especially in the business world. There were no second first impressions, and if she was going to be naturally judged, she wanted to be her best self. Her best self that wasn't throwing up at 8am in the morning.

Another groan left Averie's lips as she chugged down 2 pills to aid her headache.

She was in only a towel after just getting out of the shower. She blew her hair out, leaving it down because she knew it framed her face better. There was still some time left until she had to be at the new office, which gave her the opportunity to try and look her best.

After brushing her teeth and finishing her makeup she went to her closet, sifting through every piece of clothing. She wanted to strike whoever she could in this industry, and good first impressions was how it started.

Another half hour passed of Averie just trying on different outfits, before she finally decided on a cute set. The top was a black and detailed lace cami top, tucked into wide leg pants in the same shade. It was modest and chic, making her look professional.

Averie slid on her black heels—her favorite pair, and walked towards the front door, throwing her phone and keys into her small bag.

Since she didn't own a car here she settled on a taxi, driving her only a couple miles away from the apartment. It was quite convenient living such a short distance away from the office.

The building was at least 7 stories high, which she wasn't sure was entirely for the brand, why would they need that much space? What if she got lost and was late on her first day?

But she stepped in confidently through the glass doors, excited to finally take this next step in her life. Even if this didn't work out it was still experience, all she wanted was to live and do what she wanted.

She doubted that it wouldn't work out, though.

After all her designs were the best. She hadn't forgotten that.

The receptionist was a young man, around her age typing away at the computer in front of him. He didn't stray his eyes away from the computer until after Averie spoke.

"Excuse me, do you know which office I'm supposed to be going to? It's my first day and I wasn't given an exact floor—" he hushed her with just a finger, signaling to stop, finally acknowledging her.

He looked her up and down, with an uninterested expression, "Name?"

"Averie Wilson," she replied, shifting her weight on one leg out of discomfort.

He picked up a small note pad to his left and hummed lowly, putting it down and returning his hands to the keyboard to type away again. "Fifth floor," he said indifferently.

Averie walked away slightly confused to the man's attitude. Was that how all Londoners acted? Hopefully not, she had hoped to make at least one friend in the office. Surely some had personality?

The elevator ride was only a few seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. Averie was too eager to wait any longer. She had waited for this moment for years, dreamt of it even. She just had to impress her co-workers, with her attitude, designs, and work ethic.

Especially her boss.

If she got fired it would be hard to find another job like this. Extremely hard.

Which is why she had to work even harder than she had before.

Her mind stilled the moment she heard the chime of the elevator door opening, a confident grin on her face.

The doors opened to an office similar to the one in Malibu, only significantly more spacious. There were two black desks scattered in opposite corners of the big room, fabric and paper littered on the surface. It must have been someone's personal work space.

There was a long clothing rack that held finalized designs that stood at the back of the room.

Dress form mannequins were distributed throughout the room, half of them with fabric on it, the other half bare. Sketches of the final design pinned behind the mannequin.

At the back of the room near the clothing racks there were two black doors, both shut.

There was no one in the main office, but it looked like someone was here.

Maybe they were in one of the rooms?

As Averie walked towards the back of the room to the door, she realized there were letters elegantly engraved into the door—initials.

D. M.

She couldn't recall any names with those initials.

Maybe it was supposed to be M. D. for Mature Divinity and they just messed up, she thought as she approached the door. She highly doubted it though, this office seemed to be very organized and orderly in every way.

Averie knocked once... then twice. Still no answer.

It was only until she softly said "Hello?" did the door open.

A woman walked out, shutting the door behind her carefully. Her dark wavy hair cascaded down her back, contrasting with the white flowy top she was wearing. Green eyes scrutinizing Averie, scanning her eyes up and down Averie's figure. "Can I help you?"

"Ohright, I'm Averie the new hire. Are you my boss?"

To be honest, Averie wasn't sure what her job position was called. She knew she had a boss, but she didn't know why she was here. To design of course, but there was more to a job in the industry than to just design. Especially since she just arrived at the company. She didn't expect to just sketch designs all day and have an easy going job at an office in London. But she wasn't prepared as to what she was actually doing there.

The woman just chuckled at her. "Me? The boss? Please," she started, holding her hand out to shake. "I'm Pansy Parkinson, the assistant."

Averie quickly took her hand, not wanting to make the wrong impression, and smiled. "Right well um—can I speak to the boss? I don't know how to start working—"

"I was assigned to show you the reins around here today, so you'll be answering to me," Pansy interrupted.

To Averie it made no sense, her boss was the assistant?

"I'm not going to meet my real boss?" Averie questioned. "Aren't I here to learn under them?"

Pansy let out a dry laugh, "You'll be answering to me for now, Wilson," she almost sneered. "Unless that's a problem?"

Her eyebrow shot up, daring Averie to talk back. Which of course, she didn't. Only puckered her lips and smiled sickly sweet. "Of course not, what can I do?"

And so Pansy gave her a list of tasks to do. Tasks she wasn't sure she should be doing, but still did nonetheless.

She was halfway through her second task- to dispose of all files on the computer that was marked a certain date. Suddenly the door opened, and a pretty redhead rushed in, looking flushed. "Shit I am so late," she murmured under her breath. She took a minute to lean on one of the desks near the door, breathing in and out deeply.

Averie just watched her out of the corner of her eye, curiously.

"Are you okay?" she decides to ask.

The girl looked up from where she was leaning, eyes fixed onto Averie. "Fine," she gave a small smile. "Do you happen to know where the boss of this office is? It's my first day."

Averie felt better knowing it wasn't just here who was new here. "Beats me—it's my first day too. I met the assistant, though."

"I'm Zara by the way," she smiled, running her hands through her fiery red hair.

And Averie smiled back, "I'm Averie, you're the other application?"

"One out of two," Zara cheekily grinned.

Averie had a feeling they would get along well.

The elevator chimed again and the two both looked back, catching the eye of Pansy Parkinson again. Averie noticed how high she held her head up. As if she ran the place. Though Averie supposed today she did.

But she wondered why the brand head wouldn't come and greet them at least. It wasn't really good hospitality.

Pansy strolled in and gave the other intern the same treatment Averie got. Cold exterior, wanting to show them she's above the two. Zara got the same little tasks Averie did.

It seemed like a set up to Averie. The tasks were ridiculous, and in no way helping her as a designer.

But Pansy made it clear she was assigned by the head to give them the tasks.

So she finished them without any complaints. It was quite odd, and nothing she had expected to do on her first day of a very very big and important job. 

Zara expressed how she thought it was 'a waste of her precious time that could be spent drawing awesome designs'—in her words. But Averie kept quiet, not wanting to start anythign with Pansy. She could ultimately go to her boss—their boss and tell them how disappointing she was. She was the assistant after all.

Averie read the list over again, making sure every task on the little slip of paper was checked off.

Sort out fabric by color

Dispose March 8th files

Respond to each email in the trash folder, decline everything.

Replace finished croquis for mannequins

Stock up on black thread from storage

Sort clothing rack by style

Sew the design (on the desk)

Sketch 3 pairs of lingerie within the theme 'outer space'

Fetch a coffee NO CREAMER OR SUGAR

Looking at the last one Averie scoffed and rolled her eyes. She felt like she was doing someone else's work.

"Something wrong?" Pansy's voice echoed from the corner of the room. Averie had almost forgotten she was there, stalking her like a hawk hunting for prey.

Averie being utterly bored, decided to play a little.

"What's the point of being here to be trained by someone who won't come and train me?"

Pansy laughed mockingly at that. "He's just trying to evaluate if you're worth his time or not."

He

At least Averie knew the boss was a he. That took away at least some of the mystery.

"Well I want to meet him," she prodded.

"You will soon enough, only if ur worth it. So stop being impatient."

Averie finally looked over to Pansy, her smug smirk plastered proudly. "And how will he know if I'm worth it if he isn't here right now evaluating me as you said?"

Pansy tilted her chin up, "I wonder? Who did he ask to look over his new inexperienced interns?" she asked sarcastically. "Oh yeah, me. So cut the attitude or you won't like what happens."

Averie felt like slapping her so hard that her skin bruises, but she refrained herself.

It was a test.

She was better than this.

So she took a deep breath and clasped her hands together cheerfully, making Pansy's face contort into confusion. "Well Miss Parkinson, I've been finished with these for ages." Averie flipped her soft hair over her shoulder for effect. "Anything else I can do?"

Pansy gritted her teeth, obviously annoyed with the girl in front of her. "Not as of right now, Miss Wilson."

And so Averie smiled too sweetly, before standing up and excusing herself to the restrooms. If she could even find it.

But she didn't really need to use the restroom. She just wanted the dramatic exit, so now she was wandering around in the building.

She had discovered the building was in fact for the whole brand. Each floor had an unnecessary amount of space.

Rich people. Always wanting more space just to prove they can pay for it.

Averie wondered about her boss. Why did he have to be anonymous? Why didn't he meet his interns?

He was probably a stuck up rich kid who just bought a company and renamed it, she thought.

Though she was aware she was only petty because of the work she did today.

She couldn't complain about it. Not when it was still the start of her career. Interns had a hard time mostly, she knew this. Though she still wasn't sure whether she was an intern. It would have been nice to have a specific job title, but that would have to wait until she saw the boss.

It was past lunch time now, and Averie was feeling like utter shit.

She hadn't eaten breakfast despite being early to work. The pounding headache only eased for a few hours before coming back even harder, and though she wasn't nauseous anymore—she almost threw up solely because of Pansy's perfume. It was horrid.

Averie just wanted to go back home and pass out for hours. Maybe eat first, then pass out.

When she got back to the office, Zara was seated at one of the desks with a pencil in her hand. Averie guessed she was still on the 'sketching designs' task.

As talented as Averie was, she always tried to be humble. Yet as humble as she was, she still couldn't fight the excitement of being better than her co-worker in some way. She had finished the task early—she knew that. And she wasn't sure what more Pansy wanted from her, or should she say her boss.

Maybe Pansy was messing with them and she was the boss? Testing them both, to see if they mess up.

It was definitely a convincing theory, but Averie dropped the idea. She would probably find out soon enough anyway.

"Where have you been?"

Averie was pulled out of her thoughts by the same person she was just thinking of.

"I said I was going to the restroom—"

"Whatever," Pansy disrupted, crossing her arms over her chest in a rude manner. "You're free to leave."

Leave?

Averie was mildly confused.

"Leave?" she said out loud this time.

Pansy smirked, "Yeah...Leave."

Was she being fired? No. Pansy didn't have that control. Unless she did? Maybe her theory was right

"See you tomorrow morning, Wilson," she finished before walking off, making the anxiety in Averie's chest ease.

"Right, see you then," Averie murmured, watching Pansy stroll past her and into the initialed door.

She grabbed her bag and muttered a goodbye to Zara, who quickly ranted on how the space theme was 'too 90s'—in her words.

Averie went to lunch at the place next to the office, before taking another taxi back to her apartment and passing out on her plush bed, just as she had planned.

A/N

hi so i made an instagram go follow for updates or whatever if u even care 🙄🙄 @ icecubewhat

i'm prob gonna make a whole highlight just for the inspiration for averie's fits so if u wanna see them they will be there

vote if u love smut 🤩🤩

i adore u muah

-hay

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.2K 75 8
Underground mob king Draco Malfoy has an empire that he built with his bare hands. Both feared and respected, the tall, blond criminal is a mastermin...
19.7K 269 54
NOMINATED FOR WATTYS AWARD (2022) His finger tips were sending shivers down her spine. Touching every inch of her body. His platinum blonde hair were...
293 15 23
"Pick all the flowers of the world...you are more beautiful." After he's been despising a mudblood schoolmates of his for years, Draco Malfoy starts...
229K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...