Playing Poker [BEING REWRITTE...

Per moorewrites

Everyone in life is dealt a hand of cards. The player can't control if they are dealt a good or bad hand but... Més

Characters & Disclaimers
0| Prologue
1| Spit
2| Goodnight
3| Asthma
4| Gold Digger
6| Hope
7| Disappointment
8| 23 Hours
9| Pink Slip
10| Father
11| Memory Lane
12| My Shadow
13| Boyfriend
14| Ankle Biter
15| Ryan
16| Aria and Apologies
17| The Stars
18| Sweetheart
19| Gun
20| Frozen
21| Friends
22| Finders Keepers
23| Radio
24| Saved
25| Cookie
"You Ran Over My Chocolate?"
"Can You Forgive Me?"
Solitaire Sneak Peak
Google Form

5| School

6.7K 195 70
Per moorewrites

Rayland

The blaring noise coming from the alarm clock jolted me out of my bed. It's Monday and I start school with the triplets and Blake. The triplets seem to be avoiding me and Blake shoots glares at me everytime we cross paths. I fell asleep around four o'clock leaving me with only three hours of sleep.

The last few days have been difficult, I've been feeling nauseous, irritable -which my step-brothers don't appreciate-, and barely getting any sleep. When I do, I'm awoken by a nightmare which is more like a memory. I still can't find my pills and the withdrawal is not getting any better.

7:19

I get up and take a shower, my vanilla brown sugar body wash covering my body. I rinse conditioner out of my curly hair. I dry off and get out my outfit.

I put on the uniform given to me, an unzipped black jacket on my shirt, and brushed my hair into a low ponytail. I was the only person awake and I had no idea how to get to school.

Fifteen minutes later, a tired looking trio walks down the stairs. Jayden and Jaylen coordinating outfits, white collared shirts and khaki pants with white shoes. Jaxon not getting the memo, wearing a light blue collared shirt, navy blue sweatpants, and black shoes.

Once they notice my presence, their tired faces turn to scowls.

Who the fuck pissed in their cereal?

I'm too lost in my thoughts to realize my eldest stepbrother is arguing with the triplets.

"I don't want to take the brat to school. What would people think of us?" Jayden exclaims.

"I don't give two shits about what people think about you and you shouldn't either. You either take her to school or you're all walking." Micheal responds.

Shuffled footsteps make their way downstairs, Hayden tiredly rubbing his eyes in his school uniform. He glances around until his eyes land and me and shoots me a smile. I sent a small one back.

"Come on Ray, don't want to be late now do we?" Jayden says with a smile on his face.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, only to realize that they're 'nice' in front of the youngest Brown. I can use this to my advantage. 

"Of course we wouldn't, let's go." I say over enthusiastically skipping out into the garage.

I can hear groans following behind me.

The car ride was eventful. Jayden and Jaylen wouldn't stop arguing on who would choose what music we would listen to, Blake kept hitting them in the head while he loudly listened to videos on his phone, and Jaxon's distracted driving didn't help my stress at all. It gave me painful memories.

"Get your ass in the car little bitch."

"Is this too fast for you?"

"Does the little bitch want me to stop?"

The memories coming back in slow segments, my mind not being able to prevent them from coming.

I didn't realize the tears rolling down my face until something wet hit my palm. I harshly wiped my eyes, whipping my head around making sure no one saw me. Jayden and Jaylen were in a full on fight next to me in the backseat - children, literal children- and Blake was sitting in the front seat smirking in the mirror, his green eyes making direct contact with my hazel ones.

The car came to an abrupt stop, jerking everyone forward in the vehicle. We stopped in an empty neighborhood surrounded by bland houses.

"Get out." Jaxon's voice made me flinch.

"Huh?"

"Out. Also, don't talk to us, don't look at us, and definitely don't tell anybody we're your step brothers or we can make your life a living hell."

Darren and my aunt already took that spot but I'll let them know you're next in line.

I let the confusion show on my face but his glare was enough to make me get out. Now I was stranded on the side of the road looking like an idiot. Micheal only told me the name -Mountain Hills High School- but I had no idea had to get there. I walked behind the direction of their car before it was completely out of sight.

Well shit.

I kept walking straight, limping with each step until more and more cars passed by me. I finally reached my destination, cars filled the parking lot but was void of students. I must be late.

Maybe because I took 45 fucking minutes to walk here.

I walk in only to be welcomed by empty halls and a big ass sign labeled 'Main Office'. I walked in immediately greeted by an older looking woman, brown bangs swept across her face and grayish hairs scattered across her hair. She looks up from her computer with a smile on her face.

"How may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm new here. My name is Rayland Cook."

She quickly started typing on her computer, confusion flashes through her face. "There's no one enrolled with that name but there is a Rayland Brown."

Que estúpido cabrón, pinche pendejo, hijo de -

(Stupid bastard, fucking asshole, son of-)

"Yeah that's me." I forcefully smiled. She typed more on the computer until grabbing a piece of paper and handing it to me.

What idiota signed me up for art, I haven't done it since-

"Are you alright?" She looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Yup, can you tell me where the science lab is?"

Playing Poker

You can do this, you can do this, you can do this.

I twisted the door handle open after five minutes of searching for this classroom. I was already late to the class because my dumb stepbrothers decided to drop me off which turned a 7 minute car ride into a 45 minute walk.

I step into the classroom, all eyes cast to me immediately. A younger looking man looked at me and down at a piece of paper on his desk.

"Name please?" He stated not looking up from his paper.

"Rayland."

"Last name?"

"Co- Brown." I mumbled making sure no one else heard me.

"Any relation to the Brown brothers?" I quickly shook my head no. I wasn't lying, we're not related.

"Age?"

"Would you like my social security number too?"

Stifled laughs filled the class while the teacher playfully glared at me.

"Sorry, 14."

"Take a seat next to Myles, please." He pointed to a tanned skin boy with black rimmed glasses and jet black hair covering half of his face. A gold chain dangled over the white shirt he was wearing. He glanced up at me, rolled his eyes, and started doodling on his worksheet.

I walked over to the seat next to him realizing I had no idea what we were doing.

"Hey, what are we doing?" I asked politely. He ignored me and continued doodling. I asked again louder thinking he didn't hear me. "Fuck off." He spat loud enough for the whole class to hear.

"Principal's office, Mr. Jones." He huffed and puffed before storming out, not forgetting to glare at me on his way out.

Well fuck you too.

I went to my next class and when that ended it was lunch time. I had no idea where the cafeteria was in this big ass school so I kept wandering around until I heard loud yells coming from around the corner. Curiosity getting the best of me, I let the chants guide me leading me to a fight. It wasn't really a fight though because there was a guy on the floor getting his ass beat by an older looking boy. He was beating up someone that looked at least a year younger than him.

Curiosity killed the cat.

But satisfaction brought it back.

I turned my attention to the battered looking boy on the ground begging for the older boy to leave him alone, which brought back too many bad memories. I remember wanting someone to help me, but nobody ever did. Before I could stop myself, I pushed through the crowd. I heard my name being called by none other than Jaxon. I got closer and stared at the scene.

Why can't you ever mind your own business nosy bitch?

The older boy was about to land another punch but I grabbed the back of his arm, preventing him from hitting the blonde boy on the floor. Well, he didn't end up hitting the boy, but when I grabbed his arm, he was swinging it back further, attempting to get out of my grip. This only resulted in him successfully hitting me in the nose with his elbow. He turned around, probably to see who had the audacity to stop him from hitting the boy.

Once our eyes connected, it was like time froze. His gray eyes captivated my attention. Those once lively eyes looked dull; dead.

"Sombra?"

_________________________________________________________

1469 Words

Any thoughts?

Do you know who the older boy is?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1K 24
This story is bit different because at the place of y/n here will be Lisa (my bias) hope you will like it ✿⁠ When Lisa's stepbrothers are overprotec...
678K 13.7K 46
We have seen over protective brothers, there are maybe 6 , 7 or 8 brothers but what if a girl has 18 brothers, with her over protective parents and c...
1M 33.2K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...
2.3M 57.8K 35
6 older overprotective brothers. No parents. First year of high school that more than half her brothers go to. What can go wrong? Especially when sh...