Angelfall (Skyfall #2)

Per marcyswales17

"Oh what an adventure it would be to die..." Més

Ch.1 Lover
Ch.2 Play Along
Ch. Baklava
Ch. 4 Undress
Ch.5 Green with Envy
Ch.6 The Human Brain
Ch. 7 Innocence
Ch.8 Onions
Ch.9 Sounds
Ch.10 Good Girls
Ch.11 Play the System
Ch.12 All things nice
Ch.13 Little Fairy
Ch. 14 Take me home
Ch.16 Be Nice!
Ch.17 A family Effort
Ch.18 Ruby Red
Ch.19 Trust in me
Ch.20 Leave a message
Ch.21 No cream, one sugar
Ch.22 Autura
Ch.23 Bees and Honey
Ch.24 Just a drop
Ch.25 The night changes
Ch.26 And there she was...
Ch.27 Puzzle Pieces
Ch.28 Strangers
Ch. 29 Thunder
Ch.30 Vestal
Ch. 31 Clay Doll
Ch.32 Caveman
Ch. 33 Cry me a river
Ch.34 Introductions
Ch.35 Fresh start and flowers
Ch.36 Heart to heart
Ch. 37 Time out
Ch.38 Soul's Solace
Ch.39 Like it's your last day
Ch.40 Promises of Forever
Ch.41 Bath time
Epilogue

CH.15 Gifts

5.2K 549 356
Per marcyswales17

Chapter 15

1 month later.

"You know you didn't have to get me anything," Kiara said as she held up the small blue box.

Her rosy cheeks shimmered under the artificial sunlight as she sat by the pool with one of her feet in the cool water. Her midnight black hair blew in the late summer breeze as Killian laid his head on her lap and looked up at her smile.

"It's not just for you," he turned his head and placed a kiss on Kiara's baby bump. "It's for my little darling too."

"Can I open it?" Kiara asked, shaking the box near her ear.

"Open it," Killian laughed, reaching up and pulling on the white ribbon that was around the box.

"No, no, let me do it," Kiara pulled back as she took off the ribbon and lifted the box.

Killian watched her, waiting to hear the small gasp. He couldn't stop smiling as Kiara's eyes grew wide and filled with admiration.

"Killian..." Kiara pouted, tracting the necklaces in the box.

"Do you like them?" Killian pushed up to his elbows and looked into the small box.

"I do," Kiara nodded. "I love them."

With tender fingers, Kiara traced the pair on angel wings that hung from the longer of the two necklaces. The smaller necklace had a miniature pair of wings hanging from them that would have fit perfectly into the cut out on the bigger wings.

"Lila is a part of you," Killian said as he took the longer necklace out of the box and sat up. Kiara lifted her hair and turned around to let him fasen the gift around her neck.

"And she's a part of you," Kiara said as she felt Killian press a small kiss on the back of her neck. "Thank you."

"It looks beautiful," Killian watched Kiara turn around and fix her necklace. "Now, just the long wait for Lila."

"She will love it," Kiara said, looking at the small wings in the box. "These are perfect."

"Posey helped me pick them out," Killian watched Kiara's fingers. "She wanted the hearts."

"No," Kiara shook her head and looked up. "I like the wings."

"I thought so," Killian lifted his hand and pushed it into Kiara's hair.

He pulled her closer and captured her soft lips. He wanted to leave her breathless. Her lips were sweet as candy and soft as a dream. Killian could feel Kiara's smile and knew she was thinking about the night before, just as he was. Granted he couldn't be as rough as he wanted to be with her, but every single second of them in bed made everything in their life make sense.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Killian asked as he pulled back to give Kiara air.

"Yes," Kiara nodded.

She grabbed the hem of her white dress and pulled it over her head. Underneath, her black bikini was ready to go as she turned and lowered her legs into the pool. Killian rose to his feet and took off his shirt before jumping in and taking a quick dive. When he surfaced, he moved closer to the edge and lifted Kiara into the water.

"Don't get my hair wet," Kiara said, slowly treading the water.

"What?" Killian laughed before splashing her.

"Killian!" Kiara shrieked.

"I didn't hear you," Killian laughed, splashing her again.

"Stop!" Kiara held up her hands and backed away.

Cerberus ran into the backyard and started to bark up a storm. He anxiously walked around the pool growling at Killian before jumping in and getting in between Kiara and him.

"Get him, Cervy!" Kiara laughed as she pulled her hair out of it's braid.

The three headed dog began to swim towards Killian as he splashed more water. Kiara shrieked in protest telling them she would leave if he didn't stop. The whole backyard was a mess of laughter, dog barks, and wet lawn chairs.

Posey stood by the large kitchen window and stared at her daughter. Her hands held the edge of the double sink as she felt a small smile appear on her lips along with a sigh of relief.

"What's with all the noise?" Tobias asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Shhh," Posey held her finger to her lips and hushed the man. She turned back to watch Kiara and Killian as Tobias walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

"How is she doing today?" Tobias asked, kissing the side of his wife's head.

"She's having a good day," Posey leaned back and placed her hands over her husband's as he held her.

"That makes a whole month," Tobias sighed.

"She's going to be okay," Posey nodded. "This move was good for her. She's happy and calm. Nothing to distract her here."

"Yes," Tobias nodded. "Last night we talked about painting her old room for Lila."

"You did?" Posey turned to face the god. She looped her arms around his neck and leaned back to gaze into his dark eyes. "What color will it be?"

"A dark navy," Tobias smiled. "With little stars and constellations drawn all over."

"Like the night sky," Posey awed. "I love it. I also took some great photos of Killian and Kiara the other day. We can do a black and white gallery wall."

"One step at a time," Tobias laughed, looking at his wife's excitement getting ahead of herself. "We still have many months to go."

"They will pass in a breeze," Posey sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder.

The god tucked his wife's head under his chin and held her to his chest. His eyes watched his daughter outside as she swam around with Killian and Cerberus. The smile and light in Kiara's eyes made everything in the world seem better as he slowly began to sway with Posey.

"Are we dancing?" Posey asked, holding his arms.

"Why not?" Tobias smiled.

Just then, the god felt his mind-link open. He braced himself as he tried to show little to no reaction.

Tobias, Charon spoke through the link. The boundaries have started to wear off around the edges.

Reinforce them, Tobias commanded. I don't want any portals in the underworld.

___________________________

The silver watch in Hayden's pocket warmed as he sat on the edge of his desk and watched Nora stuff her empty photo frames into the brown box. He always wondered why she never filled them. The whole time that she had been at the office, they remained empty.

I haven't captured the perfect moment yet, she said to him when he had asked her one day.

"Get in, you stupid thing," Nora muttered at she shoved the photo frame in beside her binders and office supplies.

"Carefull," Hayden snapped. "You're gonna break it."

"Might as well at this point," Nora sighed, giving up and leaving it as it was.

"Is that the last thing?"

"Yes," Nora looked around her desk. "I think....I have.....everything? No. Yes. Yep, got it all!"

"If I find anything I will ship it to you," Hayden said.

"How kind of you, sir," Nora laughed. "Thank you."

"Do you need anything else?"

"No," Nora shook her head.

"What time is your flight?"

"Tomorrow morning at 9."

"I wish you would just let me portal you there."

"You know I hate portals."

"You'll save so much on flight time," Hayden rolled his eyes. "That way you will have more time to set up your new apartment."

"Aunt Lidia is already there taking care of that," Nora waved her hand. "I'll be fine."

"I'm sure you will be," Hayden said. "But I still don't like it."

"And I still don't care."

"Why do you have to be so stubborn all the time?"

"Why do you have to always make me do things I don't want to do?"

"What did I make you do?"

"I don't know!" Nora threw her arms up. "I don't like you bossing me around."

"That's a personal issue."

"Maybe," Nora shrugged. "Anyways, before I forget..."

Hayden watched as Nora went over to her small boxes and pulled out a gift bag. She turned with a smile on her face and held it out for him.

"What is it?" Hayden raised a brow.

"You have to open it."

"I'll open it later."

"What?" Nora's face fell. "But I wanted to see your face when you opened it."

"Is it going to explode?"

"The confetti bomb was tempting," Nora laughed. "But no, it's not going to explode."

Hayden took a small step forward, "Thank you....you really didn't have to."

"I know," Nora smiled. "I wanted to. As a thank you gift for letting me stay until I landed a new job."

"Of course," Hayden grinned.

Carefully, he took out the tissue papers in the bag and pulled out the white coffee mug. Nora watched him as he turned it around and read what was written on it.

World's okay-ish boss.

"Ha!" Hayden let out a loud laugh, holding the mug and shaking his head with a huge smile on his face.

"That's not all!" Nora said, running over to the coffee pot. She came back and poured the hot liquid into the mug and told Hayden to keep his eyes on the writing.

"It's not magic," she said, standing beside him and watching the writing change. "It's science."

Hayden squinted his eyes as the letters began to change. The mug warmed in his hands and the slogan transformed.

World's nicest boss.

Hayden slowly lowered the mug and looked at the girl standing beside him. He felt his mind blank for a few seconds as his gaze dropped to the smile on her lips and then traveled up to the light in her eyes.

"Thank you, Nora," he said, trying not to look at her lips.

Is she wearing lipstick? Hayden wondered. She never wears lipstick. Why is she wearing lipstick? That color...it's a good fit. Very light. Looks smooth.

"You're welcome, Hayden," Nora's smile grew wider.

"Are you wearing lipstick?"

"What?"

Hayden pointed to Nora's lips.

"Oh...yeah," Nora gave a short laugh. "I'm going out for drinks with Enzo after this."

"With Enzo?"

"Yeah," Nora looked up. "He wanted to say thank you for helping him settle in. I wanted to look nice."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Do you like him?"

"What?" Nora laughed.

"Is he your type?" Hayden felt the coffee heat up in his hands. His throat felt tight as he thought about the shade of pink on Nora's lips. "Enzo is nice, I guess."

"So that makes him my type?" Nora arched a brow.

"You said your type was nice guys," Hayden raised his mug to take a sip of his coffee. But before it could reach his lips, Nora stopped him. Her tiny hands wrapped around the mug and she tugged it away.

"The mug is not clean!" She complained. "And being nice isn't the only thing I look at."

"Do you have a list or something?" Hayden laughed.

"Every girl does," Nora said. "I'm sure Birdie does too."

"Ah I don't want to think about my sister's list," Hayden shivered. "Tell me more about your list."

"Why?"

"Because," Hayden held up the mug. "I'm the world's nicest boss. And I need to know what kind of guy to find for you."

"You're going to play matchmaker?"

"Sure," Hayden had no idea where he was trying to go with the conversation. Things never made sense with Nora around. "Why not?"

"Then do I get to play matchmaker for you?"

"You don't know my type."

"It's not hard to guess," Nora snorted.

"Oh yeah?" Hayden chuckled. "Let's hear it."

"Hmm," Nora took the mug out of Hayden's hand and sat it down on her empty desk.

She tapped her finger on her chin before turning back to the jinn. For a split second she was caught off guard by how close he was standing. Hayden stood with his hands in his pocket as he watched her, waiting for her to answer. His eyes were playful and the small smirk on his lips made him look devilishly handsome.

"Tall," Nora said.

"Height doesn't matter," Hayden looked over Nora's head.

"Skinny."

"I like curves," Hayden felt his chest tighten as his eyes lowered to the jeans Nora was wearing.

Holy fuckin' smokes, Hayden cleared his throat. Those were some nice jeans. Did she wear jeans before? Why is this the first time I'm noticing this? God damn, look at those hips.

"Athletic?" Nora asked.

"Certainly makes things more fun in the bedroom," Hayden shrugged.

"You're gross."

"What's next on my list?"

"I don't know," Nora shook her head. "I can't think of anything else."

"Don't give up yet," Hayden took a small step closer.

Nora felt the space between them vanish. She knew the proper thing to do would be to step back, but she didn't want to. This was Hayden. Always trying to intimidate her with his height and dark brooding eyes.

"I'm not giving up," Nora took in a deep breath and stared up into his gaze.

"What else do you think I like?"

"I don't know, Hayden," Nora felt her head sway slightly as all her thoughts jumbled.

She felt an odd fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach that made her chest tighten and her throat dry. Her eyelids suddenly felt very heavy and she wanted to close them and title her head back. And something told her if she did do that, Hayden would catch her.

"Come on, Nora," Hayden pushed. "Think."

"I am thinking," Nora felt the air grow thick.

"Not hard enough."

"Why..." Nora's gaze fell to Hayden's mouth. She saw his grin widen as he moved another inch closer.

"I want to know what goes on in that brilliant mind of yours," Hayden raised his hand and began to trace the edge of Nora's face with his long slender finger.

Nora's breath caught in her chest as she stared up at the jinn. His finger left a trail of heat as he twirled a strand of her hair around his finger before taking her face into his hand and using his thumb to wipe the edge of her bottom lip.

"N-nothing is on my mind," Nora somehow managed to say.

Why are you speaking? She asked herself. Shut up.

"Nothing at all?" Hayden leaned in a bit closer. "Absolutely nothing?"

"Something...." Nora's eyes fell to Hayden's mouth once more.

"What is it?" Hayden's voice had grown into a soft whisper that made Nora shiver. "Tell me....I want to know what you're thinking."

"I...." Nora's breathing labored. "I think...."

"Yeah?" Hayden traced her lip once more with his thumb, stealing some of that coral pink lipstick.

"I want..." Nora's eyes began to flutter close.

The way her warm breath hit his finger made goosebumps rise on Hayden's skin. He didn't understand the raging need that was growing inside of him to lean forward and taste the lipstick. His body began to buzz and for the first time in his life he wasn't afraid of it.

No, not at all.

It felt good.

The raw energy surging through his veins. The pressure in his chest. The way his skin warmed.

Hayden felt like a live wire with a high voltage of currents running through him at astonamocial speed. A live wire that was left out in the open to do some serious damage. He knew he was dangerous and deadly. Especially for someone like Nora.

One touch....one touch would be all it took to zap her out of this world.

But she was like satin under his fingertips. Her lips parted under his touch and rose storms in Hayden's mind. He was in a trance, unable to look away. Completely under her spell. Whatever she wanted, he would give it to her. She just had to ask.

"Nora," Hayden's hand moved to her hips.

He pulled her closer as she let out a small sound that only intensified the currents running through Hayden. He was amazed by how perfectly she fit in his hands. It was as if he was molded to hold only her hips.

"Tell me," Hayden found himself seconds away from begging. "What do you want?"

Before Nora could answer, Hayden scooped her up effortlessly and sat her down on the desk. He moved in between her legs and cupped her face. But before he could actually start to beg her to hear her voice tell him what she wanted, a loud knock on the door thundered through the room.

Nora's eyes flew open. She caught Hayden's gaze as the door knob began to turn. Jumping off the table, Nora placed her palms over the jinn's chest and pushed him back.

"Hai Hai," Birdie walked in, her silver hair flowing behind her. "I can't go to class. I have my period. Write me a sick pass."

Hayden heard the words his sister spoke, but his mind didn't register anything. Was she speaking English?

"Hayden," Birdie raised a brow. She looked at Nora who looked as if she was just caught robbing the bank. "What? What's going on?"

"What?" Hayden blinked and snapped out of his haze. He cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair, filling his lungs with air. "What happened?"

"I'm bleeding to death," Birdie announced. "I need a sick pass."

"Check my desk."

"Thank you," Birdie smiled. "Love you so much."

Nora avoided looking at Hayden as Birdie walked into the office and headed to his desk. She could feel his eyes on her as she tried to hide behind her hair and count the tiles on the floor.

Somewhere in Nora's brain, there was someone screaming. A fire had ignited in her body and her cells were running around trying to put it out. Possibly the loud ringing in her ears was the fire alarm telling her soul to evacuate.

Suddenly, Birdie gasped as she grabbed a slip of yellow paper from Hayden's desk. Nora and Hayden looked at her as she pointed to Nora.

"Cute jeans," Birdie complimented the girl. "You look hot. Look at you, girl. Where are you going dressed like that?"

To have drinks with Enzo, Hayden wanted to shout. His palms twitch and his mind face twisted with anger.

"Birdie," he snapped. "Get out. Go back downstairs."

"Alright, alright," Birdie held up her hand. "Gee, I'm going."

"Wait!" Nora jumped forward. "Can you help me with my box? I'm headed downstairs too."

"I'll help you with those," Hayden turned to look at the girl who still wouldn't look at him.

"No, it's fine," Nora shook her head. "Please, Birdie?"

"Yeah, sure," Birdie walked over and picked up one of the small boxes.

"Nora," Hayden reached out and grabbed Nora's arm as she reached for the second box. "Wait."

"I have to go," Nora stepped away. "I'll text you when I land."

"I don't want you to text me."

Nora felt a ping of hurt in her chest, "Okay....then I won't."

"Don't be so rude, Hayden," Birdie scolded her brother.

"Can you please go wait outside?" Hayden clicked his tongue. "Go call the elevator or something."

As Birdie walked out of the office, Nora scurried to grab her box and her bag. She almost ran out the door when Hayden raised his hand and the door shut.

"You can't just leave like this, Nora," he said, feeling a rush of urgency.

"My flight is books, all my furniture has shipped, my mailing address is being changed as we speak," Nora jiggled the door knob. "I can leave now."

"No," Hayden took three long strides and then he was at the door. "Don't go."

"Hayden," Nora looked up for the first time since Birdie had walked in. "What are you doing?"

"I...." Hayden stared into those warm brown eyes that made him think of worlds beyond the Earth. "I don't want you to go."

"But I have to," Nora frowned. "I start work Monday."

Hayden felt his anger flare. He couldn't speak as Nora opened the door and slipped out, leaving him standing alone with his messy thoughts. 

I had so much fun writing this chapter hehehe  

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

543 29 21
I hadn't thought it would be this way. That I would end up in a place like this. That I would end up in... Hell.
65 1 9
I was a loner who knew everything about otome games.. I had no girlfriend, all eh girls in my school thought I was ugly even the ones at work, my jun...
141K 4.2K 41
I should be living my life like every second was my last, Not wishing it was, But when I'm with her, I forget the difference.
1.1K 27 32
Have you ever thought of living in a world filled with mythical creatures? Well, I have. Take the journey through my life and see what happens once y...