The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 6

5.1K 259 42
By AvaFics

~*~

''I am Luar, the owner of this store. How may I help you?''

The man claiming to be the store's owner, Luar, carefully showed his respects to the young man who's obviously a noble because of his attire and his knight.

Meticulously gazing at him, Rosh felt a rush of enthrallment.

He got intrigued by the old man for unknown reasons. His gut feeling is telling him that this man isn't only mysterious, but also held a strange power. A dangerous glint passed from his eyes for a second.

Then, he plastered a sly smile then silently snickered. ''Heh..''

Luar wasn't foolish enough to not see through the young man's facade. In his years of disguising as an old store owner with his power, this is the first time he've ever seen such a living puzzle.

He then thought. 'This kid is dangerous. How surprising.'

He thought that it was really hard not to pique interest towards Rosh's secret. Such a young man, yet as clever as a man who just lived a second life.

Little did he know, Rosh did live a second life.

''Hello, mister. I was just passing by and got curious of your store. Can we look around?'' Rosh asked 'politely'.

''Why of course, you shall see what you wish, young sire.'' Luar said.

Rosh nodded and proceeded into the shelves and corners of the place. Hugo remained behind him but sometimes glances at Luar.

Sensing an energy even more greater than the one Rosh once felt before coming inside, he walked through the display tables with some old accessories

He felt faint magic inside every object, but still not the one he was looking for.

His eyes wandered through the items and stopped his gaze in a single necklace.

It was a slim silver chained necklace with a carved black hexagon gem in the middle. A small smile escaped from his lips. This is it.

The item containing the greatest power out of all the things in the display.

Luar's eyes went to the necklace Rosh was looking at. He grinned.

The nexus pendant.

'Not bad, kid.'

That pendant is a hidden necklace deep under the grounds of Mount Hesperg.

It contains a great amount of energy that gives the ability to enhance the senses of the holder for more than a hundred times than normal.

Rosh stared at the thing, and after a few moments, his eyes widened. Fortunately, Hugo didn't see this suspicious and confusing reaction from his young master.

'N-nexus pendant!' Rosh mentally celebrated.

Looking back at Luar, Rosh called. ''Mister owner.''

Luar smiled and went over to Rosh. ''Did something caught your eyes, young sir..?''

''That..I'd take that necklace.'' Rosh pointed at the nexus pendant.

''I see, you have good eyes, young sir. This pendant necklace have been here for so long. But no one gets the chance to see its beauty for they judge my store's quality from the outside.'' Luar said.

''Is that so? Then, I'll buy this necklace in their stead. Hugo.''

Hugo took one gold coin from the coin pouch he is hiding, which is the money Rosh bought. He's lucky that his father is still the duke, that way, he won't have a problem with money at all.

Rosh's allowance alone could cover up a wealthy commoner's daily needs for a whole year.

Of course, this money is lesser than what Josh received. But Rosh is still thankful for being filthy rich.

Luar took the necklace and prepared it in a clean small box.

''Here is your pendant, young sir. I hope you take great care to it.'' He said meaningfully and gave it to Rosh.

''Thank you, Mister.'' Rosh said and took it. Then he looked at the man's eyes and smiled, understanding Luar's emphasizement.

Hugo, who didn't understand their simple yet confusing conversation just shoved it off.

''Let's go, Hugo.'' Rosh turned his back while Hugo followed.

''This one is grateful to do business with you.'' Luar said.

After they left, Rosh stared at the box where the nexus pendant was and mentally patted his back for being so lucky.

Not everyday will someone ever discover such precious object.

''Where are we heading next, young master?'' Hugo asked.

''Cresche Emporium.'' He answered. Hugo's forehead formed a knot.

''The biggest magic stone boutique? May I ask why so, young master?''

''I want to buy mana stones of course, you see, I wanted to collect them.'' Rosh lied.

''You wanted to buy expensive mana stones..to collect them?'' Rosh nodded at Hugo.

''I like the beauty of mana stones even though I haven't awakened nor blessed by anything yet. But I want them. I am allowed to do that, am I not?'' Rosh asked.

Hugo shooked his head continuously. ''The young master is allowed to do as he wished.''

''Yes. Then, let's go to the store now.''

''As you wish, young master.''

-

When they arrived infront of Cresche Emporium, Rosh then sensed many different auras of mana just inside the store. His heart thumped and his blood circulated rapidly.

'The scent of such energies, I could never get tired of having such treasures as my own.' Rosh thought.

Hugo opened the door as Rosh went inside.

Every corner have glassed shelves containing stones of different colors, sizes, and shapes. The store's interior is very beautiful. The place mainly focuses on white and cream colored themes, showing off the elegance of the shop.

Then, a woman on her 20's went towards them to give her greetings.

''Welcome to Cresche Emporium, esteemed guests. I am Pia Rowen, this store's manager.'' She introduced herself.

''Hello, I am Rosh Edward del Razon from the Razon Duchy. This is my knight, Hugo.''

Pia's face showed a shocked expression when she recognized him.

''First y-young master Rosh!''

Rosh pretended to have chastity and tilted his head. ''Yes..?''

''E-ehem. I apologize for my discourtesy. I have not expected the honorable young master to visit the store.'' Pia said and tried to bring back her composure.

''No need to be humble, the name of the store itself is known even in the alleyways and the slums.'' Rosh said and smiled sweetly.

Pia blushed at the cute child's sight.

''T-thank you, young lord.'' She said.

Rosh again smiled. ''Of course. Then shall we proceed to look, I am here to buy magic stones.''

Again, Pia was surprised.

''You wished to buy magic stones, young master? Have you already gained your blessing, young sir?'' Rosh shooked his head.

''No, I haven't yet. I just want to buy some stones. I like them because their beautiful!'' Rosh said.

In a second, Pia's heart was captured. The young master is such a bright child!

Rosh was confused by her reactions when he acted like a cute child. Is it because she now thinks I'm a good child? That's so stupi——No wait.

A few months from now, his and Josh's birthday will come.

Everytime a noble child comes at the age of 8, they are already allowed to prepare for the events they will attend. Rosh will be 8 years old in 3 months from now, that means he could attend social events and parties.

Wouldn't it be easier for him to do his plans if he gained the favors of others?

Realizing this, inside Rosh's mind, he was having a smug look. Using this method, not only his family's but also the kingdom's downfall will be marked.

''I shall lead you, young master and sir knight.'' Pia said while Rosh nodded.

''Thank you in advance, miss Pia.'' He answered.

But..

Unknown to Rosh's eyes, the ring on his finger brightened and got triggered by the presence of many mana stones.

Then, a slight spark appeared for a second, not even visible to Rosh who could sense even the slightest wave of energy.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
516K 31.3K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
200K 6K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
1.5K 3 47
I have always been a hopeless romantic, always daydreaming of my prince charming to come, sweep me off my feet and we would ride off into the sunset...