His Hope [Zayn][Completed]

By shaerzam

High profile sexy playboy Zayn St. James doesn't do committed relationships. He uses his notorious good looks... More

His Hope-UPDATE
Cast of Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1-Hope
Chpater 2-Feisty
Chapter 3-Run and Hide
Chapter 4- Pretty Woman
Chapter 5-Natasha
Chapter 6- Ugly Duckling
Chapter 7- Champagne
Chapter 8-Fur and Silk
Chapter 9-To Firsts
Chapter 11-Aquamarine
Chapter 12-The Bed & Breakfast
Chapter 13- Erotic
Chapter 14-Happy Birthday
Chapter 15-Chanel
Chapter 16-More
Chapter 17- The Snake
Chapter 18-Lost & Found
Chapter 19-Love
Chapter 20-The Mark
Chapter 21-King Kong
Chapter 22-The Manor
Chapter 23-Jane
Chapter 24-The fool
Chapter 25-Lily
Chapter 26-Hercules
Chapter 27-Double-cross
Chapter 28-Louboutin's
Chapter 29-First & Last
Chapter 30-Different
Chapter 31-Remember
Epilogue- Forever After

Chapter 10-C's & F's

1.6K 152 34
By shaerzam

Hope and Sammy sat across each other at the dining table. He was teaching her how to play poker for the charity event Zayn's hotel was hosting to benefit several charities for children with serious illnesses. All proceeds won for the night was to be donated to the charity of the winners choosing.

Sammy breaks open a fresh pack of cards he had delivered by Reginald and shuffles them like an expert dealer dividing a certain number of cards between them and setting the rest in the middle. He then places some chips before her cards and gives himself the same amount.

"While we're playing might as well teach you some life lessons along the way. Take mental notes, girl. Now lesson one: almost all good things start with C, the rest start with F."

Sammy rolls the dice. It lands on four.

"Ok what are the good things that start with C?" Hope asked, closely watching him contemplate the cards spread in his hands and the two chips he placed in the center of the table.

"Cupcakes, cake, cookies, Christmas, cocktails, coffee, Camellias, contour, clothes, Christian Grey, Cartier, and last but never least . . .CHANEL. Now, as I've emphasized many times before, Chanel is God's gift to women. Whoever said money can't buy happiness, has never owned anything Chanel. Men come in at a close second. . .sometimes. . ."

Sammy pulls two extra cards from the center of the table. Hope frowns.

"I will never get sick of saying it, a Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel fully stocked in your closet is like holding happiness in the palm of your hand."

"Chanel equals no problems. Got it. So What should I be doing now?" She asked, clueless at the game before her.

"Baby, I said happiness." He clarified. "Martinis are for your problems, the lube you use to slide through life. Men are for pleasure. Remember it's not the size of the hammer, its the force of the nail, if you get my drift." He winks. "You can place the same amount of chips if you feel like your cards aren't strong enough or double the amount."

Hope stared at her cards. She had two kings, an ace and the rest were lower cards. She didn't have a clue what she was doing so she just placed two chips beside Sammy's.

"Now, pay close attention here. . . If you and a guy are not on speaking terms for any reason. . .flowers say I'm sorry, Chanel says I've learned my lesson."

Hope glanced at him. "Does every woman have these standards?"

"Only the ones with class."

Sammy looks at his cards and raises the bet by placing a larger stack of chips in the center of the table. Next, he takes a large gulp of the martini beside him and smacks his lips together groaning in pleasure.

"Now that we've thoroughly gone through lesson one, now for lesson two: Fück, fabulous, Friday, fashion, friends, fun, food, future, fine, fancy, family, forever, Fendi, flowers and fruit. The first seven I listed are my way of life. . ."

"Sammy? Do you have a special someone in your life?" Hope inquired, looking up from her cards.

She didn't know much about his personal life except he was Jasmine and Camelia's best friend. He never spoke of his family or if he had anyone special in his life. All he'd shared since she'd met him was teach her lessons about fashion, material items and how to act and behave like a woman.

"Girl, I'm still on the hunt. These St. James hookers snagged all the goods. I mean who could blame them? I shop to fill the void." Sammys stated with an indifferent shrug. "There's no rest for the wicked and lonely, baby."

"Everything we do in life is in pursuit of happiness." Hope mutters, studying her cards. What were they playing anyway?

"All I know is that everything that shines ain't gonna be gold. That's why I make the most of everything I do in life."

"Sammy, I don't understand what we're doing here. I'm lost." Hope tosses her cards on the table in frustration, giving up.

"Fück it. I'm bored too." Sammy gave up, carelessly tossing them and glanced at his watch. "We still have a couple hours to kill so since we are on the subject of hot men, pleasure, and F-words we need to fast forward and start you binge watching Bridgerton and 365 days on Netflix. Those shows will explain more than I ever could and after 365. . .well I'll let you decide if you need more experience."

"Why?"

"Since you asked about my personal life, I'm gonna show you all my future husbands in action."

Hours later, after two large bowls of popcorn she shared with Sammy, Hope wandered to her room dazed and shocked after watching the movie 365 days. The sexual encounters between the two main characters Laura and Massimo would forever be engraved in her brain for as long as she lived.

She never realized or could have imagined making love between two people could be so vivid and dramatic. No wonder Sammy was in love with the male lead. He was beyond handsome and dangerously aggressive in an attractive level she couldn't but like.

The Bridgerton series would be next on their list. There was no time since they needed to get ready for the annual charity ball for tonight. Sammy would be doing her hair and make-up but first she needed to shower.

Hope didn't know how she felt about going to such a big event after her experience at the club. She preferred to be out of the spotlight and she'd never felt truly safe unless she was tucked away in the penthouse. Out and about in public especially around people, rich people, she didn't feel so safe. She was worried.

But, however much she wanted to, Hope couldn't hide forever nor continue to think so negatively.

Wondering what dress she was going to wear as she entered the threshold of her bedroom she stopped in her tracks when she spotted what appeared to be a flourishing ocean of fabric.

Hope gasps.

The most remarkable ball gown laid on the center of the bed with a box of shoes.

She was in awe, slowly walking towards it.

There was a little envelope placed in the center of the gown. Reaching for it with trembling hands, she opens it.

Hope, Please do me the honor of wearing this tonight. I will see you soon.
Z

Hope placed the envelope against her chest and squeezed her eyes shut for a moment then opened them. Since that awful night two days ago, Zayn was nowhere in sight as usual. At first she believed he was avoiding her. But after this gesture, the dress, she was sure her assumption was false.

It was as blue as the arctic sea–the shade matching Zayn's eyes.

Hope smiled.

She was to wear his eyes on her.

Her smile stretched wide as a rosy heated blush coated her cheeks.

There were crystals all over the front of the sweetheart neckline bodice and soft basque waistline. The full skirt flared, lined with more crystals. It was a creation and the most beautiful dress she had ever seen. Unboxing the shoes, she dug in the tissue paper then took them out and gasped. They looked to be made of diamonds over fine satin.

And they were Christian Louboutin's. She loved the designer as much as Sammy now. She already owned three pairs in different colors and heels lengths.

Giddy with excitement, Hope perched on the edge of the bench, located at the foot of the bed, she slipped the first pump on her right foot. Hope had to stand, toes crossed over each other, arching her foot and hooked the heel in praying it would flatten everything out.

But her toes were crammed. It was too tight.

Walking was going to be agony.

Searching the outside of the box for the size, she confirmed they were indeed her actual size but the fit was too tight, painfully so. She needed half a size to a full size larger to feel comfortable enough to walk in. Recently she experienced, depending on the style, she would have to size up or down.

Louboutin's were tricky to get right mainly because of the height of the heel's dramatic arch. The higher the heel, the roomier she needed. Plus, these shoes embellished in crystals were nearly a five inch heel. The other three pairs she owned were four inches and below. Not to mention, the higher the heel, the harder it was to walk in.

Hope's heart sank.

There was no way for her to exchange them now.

What was she going to do?

She couldn't very well disappoint him and choose another. He picked them out and expected her to wear them as a set. Hope couldn't let him down.

She would have to endure the pain and hope her ankles don't give out on her. Deciding the slip the other on, winching as she did so, and carefully stood. The right shoe was tighter than the left.

Maybe she could work them in for a few minutes and loosen them.

Before teaching her how to play poker, she and Sammy had spent the entire morning and afternoon practicing slow dancing in preparation for the ball. Standing, let alone dancing in the heels Zayn provided was going to prove challenging.

Every step she took was agonizing. She was sure to develop more than blisters before the night ended.

"Hope, you done in there?" Sammy hollered from the hallway.

Bracing the wall for support, Hope quickly hopped out of the heels, making a beeline to the bathroom. She was running behind. She was supposed to have already finished her shower and dried her hair for Sammy to begin styling before he took his own shower.

Sammy enters and stops his eyes going round and letting out a slow wolf whistle of appreciation.

"Hot damn, look at this ocean of beauty! Where'd this all come from?"

"Zayn. The shoes are too tight." Hope pointed out standing in the bathroom's doorway. "And too high."

Sammy frowns disapprovingly at her. "Don't ever diss the shoes. They're Louboutin's."

"I can barely walk in them. The other ones you chose were not this bad."

"Did you know red bottoms were originally made to be uncomfortable? The creator is known as the king of painful shoes. The man himself said it and I quote: 'It is not my job to create something comfortable'." Sammy collects the heels and inspects the heel. "These beauties run for three thousand dollars!"

"But how am I–"

He looked at her like she was crazy. "There's no way you're going to skip wearing them! Hoe's kill for these kinds of shoes! Besides, they match perfectly with the dress. You're gonna look like Cinderella herself! We were talking about the fairytale not that long ago and look at this!" Gesturing to the dress and shoes. "You're his Cinderella. This is a sign you two were meant to be! I don't say shit for the fuck of it! You wanna know what's the scary part that will make you shit yourself?"

Hope's eyes widened. "No."

He stares her directly in the eye. "I'm never wrong. Most things I claim usually come true. I call it the way I see it. It comes to me without knowing how. Maybe it's the psychologist in me, or maybe it's a gift. And if you don't believe me ask Camelia and Jasmine." Sammy sets the shoes beside the dress on the bed. "You will wear these. Tough it out. End of story."

Hope watched him give them a fond pat as though they were a precious pet and went into the walk-in closet humming to himself.

A shiver went past her spine at his impending words. She didn't just see the truth in his eyes but heard the confidence that he believed exactly what he claimed. And this scared her to death because she couldn't afford for it to come true. Because she sensed if she stayed, Zayn would not live long enough to make her his princess if what Sammy said was indeed true.

She needed to plan something sooner rather than later. She hated to admit it to herself but her time was coming to an end soon. It was a sense more than anything else and she had been feeling uneasy for some time, more so than usual.

Having a special ability to see into the future was not needed. Danger was nearing. She would bet her life on it.

The growing unease in the pit of her stomach was all the warning she needed.
********

A quick survey in the full-length mirror assured her that the beautiful gown she wore was the most elegant thing she had ever worn. The reflection that came back to her of a tall, regal woman was barely recognizable. Her hair and make-up was perfect.

She felt like a princess. She never imagined in her entire existence ever wearing such an extravagant dress or look or even feel the way she did. Never in a million years. But she needed to remind herself this was temporary. This was not real. This was not her life. She was living on borrowed time.

Enjoy it while it lasts, she thought, a tight smile appearing on her face.

"Ready?"

Hope turns to the sound of Sammy's voice. He was dressed in a black tux neatly fitted to suit his body. A pair of large diamond studs sparkled from his ears. He looked incredibly handsome.

"You look good in a suit, Sammy."

He tugged at the lapels sharply. "This Versace suit? It was a gift from Gaston–wore it to his wedding once." Turning to face the mirror and muttering to himself. "England is really rubbing off me. Look at me channeling Kate Middleton and recycling my designer."

Hope shook her head in slight confusion. Sometimes she didn't understand half the things he said.

He caught her expression and turned around. "I'll tell ya about my assholian days, sometime. Let's go."

She would miss him deeply, she thought, soaking up every memory and embedding it to her brain.

Hope takes a deep breath and releases it. "I'm ready."

Hope had never been to a ballroom party. Another first eliminated from her bucket list. There were many firsts since she'd met Zayn. He'd introduced her to a life she'd never imagined she'd be a part of.

They could hear the music drifting from the reception hall and by the time she and Sammy approached two footmen stood before massive carved wooden doors. Their outfits were made of velvet, the colors of black and red. They opened the doors, and scurried out the way.

They came to a halt just inside the door. The rumble of talk and laughter became louder.

Fascinated, Hope looked around her, everyone looked at ease. The ballroom was large, over two hundred people filling the space. Most everyone had a glass of champagne. Couples danced, women in long gowns, the men in tuxedos.

Scanning the room, Hope's eyes quickly found and latched onto Zayn. He was easy to find by the circle of admirers creating a halo around him.

For a short few seconds she stared, tattooing his face to memory. Her savior. Her hero. She would miss him with her whole being. Leaving him and Sammy broke her heart, fighting the tears threatening her eyes.

Her chest went tight.

Sammy moved, leading her in and she was forced to concentrate on not tripping. Perhaps she could forget her worries and sorrow for a few hours and pretend like she belonged there. She needed to forget before she did exactly what Cinderella did and flee the ballroom. But unlike Cinderella returning back to her home, Hope would be found in the ladies restroom bawling her eyes out and revealing to both Sammy and Zayn what she was planning.

Self-consciously she moved, holding her breath as she and Sammy strolled into the crowd of richly dressed men and women who exuded an aura of wealth and power. Hope instantly felt ugly and small amongst all these sophisticated ladies in elaborate dresses.

Shame filled her at her cowardice behavior. She knew she should just fake being confident. Act like she belonged amongst all these people. But it would take years for her to get accustomed to the social scene and play the part–the radiant smile, the light-hearted greeting and the spontaneous small talk.

Once she was seen, Hope immediately received interest and attention from mostly males. The idea of all those eye on her made her want to curl up in a ball and cower in the shadows. Their perusal was unmistakably appreciative, increasing her discomfort.

Hope was glad for Sammy's arm and the comfort of his nearness tonight of all nights.

Her guardian angel. Her best friend.

"Don't worry. Anyone bothers you I'll kick them in the ass." Sammy whispers in her ear, reading her mind.

The prospect didn't entirely displease her but she'd hate to embarrass Zayn at his own fundraiser gala. If Hope wasn't so anxious and full of doubts she would have cracked a smile. It warmed her Sammy was so intuitive to her emotions. It must be due to his profession. A psychologist is trained to read people and learn their emotions by just a glance.

Sammy was a twist on the cliche with his physical skills.

Spotting Zayn's regal figure once again, she stood aside watching him being fawned over by a group of blondes and brunettes. To her disappointment, Zayn clearly enjoyed their attention. He was completely relaxed and at ease soaking it all in, looking irresistibly handsome.

"Look at these dick suckin', good for nothing hoe's." Sammy muttered. "This motherfucker knows he's pretty and he makes damn sure he looks like bait for us horney bitches. Do they make birth control for eyeballs? Cause my eyes are constantly fücking him and any other treat just as pretty."

Hope's eyes widened at his remarks, choosing to ignore them. "Are these all his friends?" She asks under her breath.

Her feet were killing her. She couldn't feel her toes and it hardly had been twenty minutes since she slipped them on.

Sammy shrugs and raises his hands in prayer. "Dear God: replace all my fake friends with cash. Amen. Looks to me like they're auditioning to be the next Mrs. Zayn St. James."

Hope tenses. Mrs. Zayn St. James. She was shocked . . .maybe even a little betrayed.

But she had no right.

An attractive blonde in a black puffy dress with hot pink lipstick was in hot pursuit, her blazing blue eyes feasting on Zayn like he was dessert. Every inch of her looked like a model. Her hair was swept into a careless knot, with a few wispy tendrils allowed to escape to frame her face. Her make-up was made into perfection.

Sammy and Hope track her every move like they were watching a movie.

"I ain't by any means a gynecologist, but I sure as hell know a dirty cunt when I see one." Sammy mumbles, pulling at his collar.

That remark she could not ignore. Hope casts him a puzzled look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean look at this display." Sammy says with a tisk sound. "The level of human stupidity never ceases to amaze me." Gesturing with his hands at the spectacle before them. "He's like a whole pizza. Everyone wants a slice." Sammy abruptly and out of nowhere, shoves Hope in Zayn's direction. "Go get yourself a slice before its all gone!"

Hope sends him a glare over her shoulder for being shoved and nearly tripping, all too aware of the excruciating throbbing from her shoes. She prayed she wouldn't collapse.

Suddenly, Zayn looked away and their gazes connected for a moment. She felt a strange flutter in her belly–a flutter that had nothing to do with nerves.

It was the first time she'd seen him in a tuxedo. He looked so good in black. Emphasizing the size of his broad shoulders and strong chest, how soft the white dress shirt hugged his chest, revealing muscled flatness of his abs. It wasn't just the clothes, it was the way he wore them.

He looked like a royal prince.

Cinderella's prince.

He sends her a smile before one of the females lays her hand on his chest, breaking the contact. The woman whispers something in his ear and giggles.

What was she doing?

Even without the baggage she carried, she was no match for all those ladies' charm and charisma. She wasn't his type. He could have his pick of beautiful ladies, why would he choose her? Besides, she wasn't desperate enough for his attention to stoop so low and join them in their flirtatious pursuit. Hope enjoyed the brief quality time they shared when they spoke without interference or an audience. She was in competition with no one.

Let them have the entire pizza for all she cared. She wasn't hungry.

Maneuvering herself to the buffet table, Hope quickly located Sammy and joined him by the bar while he ordered a martini. She carefully lifted a glass of champagne from the large triangular champagne tower and sipped her drink as she eyed the delicacies laid out like perfect art.

"What happened?" Sammy asked, swiping an appetizing shrimp hors d'oeuvre from the selection.

"They took the last slice of pizza. There was nothing left." Hope mumbled and helped herself to a piece of French cheese and a cracker from a charcuterie board.

"Man, these hoes kissed so much ass tonight they gonna need chapstick." Gesturing to the cluster of females still circling Zayn.

She couldn't agree with him more and laughed as she shook her head at him in disbelief. Sammy's remarks should be set in stone. They were epic.

"Trust no man, and fear no bitch!" He salutes with his martini before taking a delicate sip, his pinkie finger sticking out.

"I'll keep that in mind." Hope replied, lifting the champagne glass to her lips.

The sizzling of the bubbles on her tongue was so refreshing and recently learned it was something she quite enjoyed.

Even as Zayn spoke to the people surrounding him, his gaze kept flickering her way, as if he couldn't take his eyes off her. He took his time scanning her inch by inch, his gaze finally resting on her lips, and lingered causing her legs to shake.

He smiled–a rich seductive smile.

Her eyes widened at the appreciation she saw in his eyes. The bold, unapologetic way in which he was staring heated her skin.

After a moment, slowly he began moving toward her, lids narrowed.

Under different circumstances she would have melted at his advances, but her resolve was unbreakable. She was going to betray him and he would never forgive her.

As much as she wanted to believe Sammy and his strong intuition, she knew better.
____________________________________________________________________
Thank you for reading!

How many of you have seen the movie 365 Days?

Next, we'll see more interactions between Zayn and Hope. Plus, Sammy receives a surprise blast from the past at the event from his days with Jasmine!

Please vote, comment and share with others!

-Shaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 16.5K 45
โœ”[Completed] ( Under heavy editing) When Zayn Malik, a psychology student gets a chance to meet his favorite celebrity (his one and only crush too)...
1.2M 26.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
16.8K 1.4K 20
Zayn has an encounter with a car and wakes up married to his high school rival. *** Senior year of high school, Zayn Malik was voted "Most Likely to...
3.2K 110 14
Zayn Malik has always been the school's bad boy. Snap your fingers and he'll have a new girl by his side. Look at him wrong and live to regret it. Hi...