A L I E N S (remastered)

By ThaisPujolOrtiz

[AU//Settled right at the end of the AHFOD tour] They had to run away from their home planet after an attack... More

1: Of aliens and nightmares
2: Trip
3: Secrets
4: Three days
5: Save

Prologue

27 2 0
By ThaisPujolOrtiz

Author's Note: So as LP9 is coming close and it's space-themed, I told to myself "why not rewriting an old fanfic (that is not even completed?)". I've had this intended to be done a long time ago, yet being on other stuff (and fandom as some of you may know) kept me away from doing it. I'll go back to memory (and cringe) lane for the sake of this project.

By the time you read this, I'll (hopefully) be a couple of chapters ahead (again, hopefully).

..

We were just about to lose our home
Diamonds ate the radio
Moving in the dead of night...

A L I E N S – Coldplay

.

November 11th, 2017
Somewhere in the Patagonia
Patagonia, Argentina, South America

The night was mostly clear above the large landscape of the Argentine Patagonia (asides of some random clouds passing by), with the stars reflected on the lakes of the large southern region; some owls, bats and other nocturne animals could be heard humming and moving across the silent – even sacred land (for them). At that point, nearly all human activity ceased asides of some pub with drunk people enjoying in a distant town, while everybody else rested for the mundane activities of the next day. One or two people randomly walked down the streets already wasted towards either their homes or hotel rooms while another couple weren't...

And only these people witnessed how high in the sky something entered violently in the atmosphere of the planet in a dangerous degree to the ground that could cause a severe damage to anything in a ratio of a few kilometres. These people were staring at the thing but without being sure of what it actually was, the very few ones who were in a... normal condition (?) saw what looked like a spaceship that got partly caught on fire with some parts getting detached from the sides until those got ripped away, falling to the ground in parts kilometres away from their location, probably somewhere in the middle of the fields or some unlucky home.

Far away in the distance an egg-shaped ship with a pointy (and severely damaged) nose finally crash-landed violently against the ground, leaving a long trail of destruction before it braked against a huge boulder that cracked and let some debris fall against the hard, metallic, steaming exterior leaving some dents on it; the tail that previously was on fire turned off after hitting the earth. Clearly the apparent forced-landing was mildly unsuccessful, yet it could been much worse than that.

Asides of the steaming sound of the metal cooling down, there was a brief silence for a few minutes until the sounds of loud bangs could be heard from where the door was: the borders at the exterior of the door seemed to be melted, as if somebody sealed it with people inside, the bangs became louder each time until it started to crack open; a couple of minutes later it was blown away as a lot of steam came out of the inside with the sounds of people panting tiredly.

From the inside came out this tall person-looking being using a couple of strange-looking yet heavy gauntlets –it had two yellow orbs on each hand: one at the back of the hands and another below at the height of the forearm plus one more on the palms– that seemed to be highly technological; the outfit was kind of strange: it was a mix of a black spandex on the arms and legs with a round-shaped shoulder protector made of a hard material while the zone of his torso had a resemblance to a Victorian military uniform: the head was nearly bald with some hair at the top, leaving a large space between his forehead and the hair that had a light brown-ish colour, hazel eyes and a fluffy beard.

Behind came out somebody else, a bit shorter with a similar outfit minus the gauntlets, instead using a couple of white gloves, a red uniform instead of purple with a green hand badge stitched on the left arm; short black hair, brown eyes and pale skin. The third person-looking being was probably the tallest, being green the colour of the uniform along the eyes and a mate-green hat that showed bits of a strawberry blond short hair. Then a last one came out, the second tallest person of the crash-landed crew: sky blue uniform, icy blue eyes and blond, short and curly hair with a cape attached to the shoulders.

Locally, they would be portrayed as four men who arrived from space, from which one of them (red) threw himself on what still looked right of the soil looking tired, the other (green) sat down close to the first and one more (purple) sat on a rock and opened his palm to pop up a holographic screen on an unknown language, the last one standing looked between devastated and tired, being the lonely member who didn't allow his legs to fall.

"For the love of Shah!" Green finally spoke out loud sounding distressed, "This is a whole bloody mess! We were so behind from the others already and now we got stranded in... another planet." He covered his face trying to calm down.

"We just arrived home and had to run away..." Red said, "The ship needed maintenance, we barely saw our families..."

"And we left a friend behind..." Blue finally spoke with sadness in his deep voice, squinting his eyes.

"We didn't leave him, he walked out and sealed the door!" Red spat with certain annoyance, sitting up, "We told him to come with us and he made us leave him behind!"

Purple was quiet on his spot looking to the holographic screen on the palm of his hand with bags under his eyes, apparently very tired while he checked on a database everything he could get from the planet asides of the current situation of their craft as Green didn't seem to be in the right place to do it himself; deep down as he heard his crew mates start to discuss even more in the background, he couldn't really blame them for their heated feelings. They had a long trip back and forth only to end up stranded somewhere else for only-Shah-knew-when and depending the materials they could get.

Luckily, he easily got access to something called "internet" – How archaic is the level of technology in this planet... – from one some random artificial satellite upon their location to get extra information of the essential points of the Earth and all its inhabitants... and there were several good news!

"Oi!" He spoke up to his mates still arguing to each other, "Chaps!" He called out again, ignored, he let out a deep breath and raised his leg up. The three men (idiots) stopped fighting when he stomped his foot against the soil due a powerful quake that shook the earth around and looked to their friend, separating from each other with fear when they saw the anger in his face, "Thank you." The three gulped, "Alright I have some good news and probably one or two bad news. What do you want to hear f–."

"Just tell them all." Red said, Purple gave a deadpanned expression.

"Rude... but okay. Good news is, as you might noticed, this planet got similar conditions to our planet with the difference of the density. Here is lower than in our planet, same as the atmosphere; the inhabitants are similar to our race, technologically they're really behind and by what I saw in this– uh, network humans calls the internet, apparently they're... isolated from the rest of the galaxy I guess." They gave a puzzled gaze, "Yeah don't ask."

"What are the bad news?" Blue then asked in a soft tone, he was staring at him but his gaze was... distant.

Purple bit his cheeks a bits. "Well, inside the bad news there are still good news: the ship isn't as totaled as I thought!" Funny enough, an already detached metallic panel of the space vehicle fell off against the floor raising some dust. None of them gave any comments nor even turned around, ignoring it as if that didn't happen. "But I think some of the materials we need doesn't exists in this planet..." They all gave a shocked gaze in response, "I... might still need to check at some stuff and see what we can use to repair the ship, if it will work or if we'll need to improvise due the technological level available."

There was a collective sigh before a silence, with Green going inside the ship passing a hand on his head over his hat and coming out shortly after with a box in a hand, then went to a side of the ship and pressed a small button behind one a removable (and also damaged, near to fall off) panel before taking a couple of steps back.

Boom!

The ship was gone and instead, there was a tiny capsule that got saved in the tiny box among several other identical capsules with different numbers and colours; he checked all of them, especially one that had written the word "shelter" in their native language. Once again there was silence with now gloomy faces, none of them knew what to do next nor where to go, being their solution to walk around for a quiet place to stay undetected knowing they might get in trouble with local authorities for being in the landing zone in case they decided to show up. Somewhere to repair their ship in peace, research, check the condition of the transmitters and hopefully send a message of help... and of course, have some rest from the trip they had.

Blue was distant for a while, his eyes fixated to a blank point.

"Did any of you receive a signal from–" Was meant to ask out of sudden, Green and Purple shook their heads, something that popped a defeated gaze upon his face, then turned around walked away next to the trail of destruction left on the soil with pain filling the air. His friends followed him then to check he would be alright.

Blue had a weird feeling in his guts, one he couldn't understand but that just felt... completely wrong, as if something really bad happened... Oh how nothing would've happened if he decided to risk his life and fight something unstoppable! He thought angrily with some tears falling down his cheeks, clenching his fists with impotence and walked until he reached a cliff, standing at the edge to the horizon towards, passing above a distant town miles away before raising his eyes to the starry night as he kneeled without looking away.

"Our galaxy is visible from here..." Said with nostalgia in his voice, still with tears rolling down, his hands didn't open up in any moment and his body started to shake angrily about to explode, then he punched the ground leaving a crack, "I hate this so much!" Blue yelled furious as his face turned red, punching the earth again, "We don't know what the fuck happened to him after we left! He was supposed to–" Green pulled him away from the edge that cracked and fell, trying to help him to breath before he gave him a hug with the others, "Why didn't he come with us...?! Why did he leave us...?! We could've helped him...!"

There was pain and confusion in his voice and a bunch of strong, mixed feelings he hated, but that were amazingly hard to avoid along the sound of explosions, windows shattering, the earth cracking and opening, the buildings shaking and breaking... all they could do was grab their hands and run towards their ship until... Orange stepped out without their realization.

And if we get fair, none of them actually understood yet what happened no matter how much they tried to; everything happened too fast, it started out of sudden and ended very abruptly.

"Easy mate... we're all feeling like you..." Green said caressing his back. "We all miss our planet and our friends, our families... we will go back soon with everybody... and you have to be strong for that. We'll see him again..."

It was a part of their lives: travel across the cosmos, help in other planets, constantly fight against big threats and being away from everything they knew at home including their respective families, yet this time it was... way harder than that. They barely escaped with a recently-landed ship, had to separate from their families before they all evacuated... they got lost in the middle of the space and finally ended up stranded there...

The four friends separated a while later once they felt Blue feeling a little bit better, looking back to the sky in direction to their galaxy right next to the local moon that got covered by a cloud passing by and heard the sound of sirens and lights in the distance, plus what locals would call a helicopter coming fast; at that point all they knew was the urge of fleeing before the authorities caught them there (and they preferred to avoid any problems).

Standing up the four of them ran into the woods together with no intentions of separate their ways no matter what, in the same way they did in their planet. None of them were open to lose another friend neither let them get caught, and as the gravity there was much less than what in their planet was, they ran several miles in no time.

All they had was their own backs...

And a very little hope to go back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27 0 12
Andrew is a middle-aged man who has grown disillusioned with society and has chosen to live in seclusion in a small shed located deep in the woods. D...
42.4K 3K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
1.7K 60 28
Rankings: #1 in #chrismartin #1 in #jonnybuckland #1 in #guyberryman #1 in #willchampion ‼️You need to read It's a cold galaxy at first ‼️ Milly'...
8K 710 35
[this was written when I was a young teen. I'm sorry] Just a Buckin fanfic. Also, my first story. It does have a happy ending. After a devastating f...