Crushed

By amo_ma

Seventeen year old Rebecca Hunter has had a normal teenage life. Dealing with school, boys, bullies, the 'per... More

Crushed
Chapter 6 and 7
Chapter 8 and Chapter 9
Chapter 10 and Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 3 + 4 + 5

2 0 0
By amo_ma

Chapter 3

I stayed over at Hayley's house that day. She lived with her dad. We were sitting on her bed both on our phones, school books around us. "Who are you talking to?" I asked. "I'm talking to Nick, Cynthia and... Sean." I jumped off her bed confused. "Why on earth are you talking to those two? And how did you even get Sean's number?" I scolded. She started laughing and then explained, "Okay so I'm talking to Cynthia because she is having a party and we have to go, and I'm talking to Sean, so I can... get to know him." She mumbled the rest of the sentenced, but all I heard was what... thinks... you. I asked her how she got his number again with my fist already clutched. "OH yeah, that. So, my step brother is in the rugby team and is close friends with him, so I asked if I can have his number and he said yes", saying it with a smile. It was the first time she ever mentioned that she had a step brother. I started thinking of who her step brother could be. The only name that popped in mind who was close with Sean was Lucas. I looked at her in complete astonishment, "Lucas is your step-brother? how come you never told me Lucas was your step brother??" She looked down and her smile wiped away. Her mum past away in a shooting two years ago, and from her change of her expression I knew that she didn't approve of her father remarrying so soon. She told me that the marriage was a surprise for her and Lucas and that they only were introduced to each other couple weeks ago. "She is still moving her stuff here." she said in tears. I went back on her bed, sat next to her and hugged her tightly while she cried.

Chapter 4

Next day I was taking my books out my locker when Hayley ran towards me and slammed my locker shut just as I was about to remove my last book. "What the hell is wrong with you?? You nearly slammed my fingers!!" She kept quiet, avoiding answering my question and changed the topic. "Guess what? I got Cynthia to invite you, me and Nick to her party." I just stared at her with a straight face because I really didn't want to go. "Come on, I struggled getting that thing to invite us. The least you can say is thanks". I opened my locker, took out my last book then went to class. It was Maths and I met up with Nick again. "Nick, I have a real problem, I got in a DDHA (Deep Difficult Hurtful Argument) with Hayley again. I feel bad cause like, Hayley got Cynthia to invite the three of us to her party which I really Do Not care about, but I left Hayley without saying anything and I feel I just upset her entire day and I didn't mean to do that. So, what should I do?" Nick just stood there staring at me like a crazy person, so I punched his arm to wake him up.

"OWW!!" shouting while he is rubbing his arm, "look just apologise, I'm pretty sure she'll understand."

It was break time and I was walking to our table thinking of ways to apologise when Troy was walking the same direction, not noticing me, again. We knocked into each other again only this time, he caught my hand and helped me up, pulling me closer to him with his arm wrapped around my waist. I could feel him breathing on my cheeks. We gazed into each other's eyes while everyone else in the cafeteria went dead silent. He finally let go of me and pulled me up before going to his friends, meanwhile I was picking up my food from the floor when Cynthia came up to me. "Aww look at the poor chimp on the floor, shame." she bent down and look me in the eyes "don't you think of stealing my boyfriend." When she got up, she poured her smoothie on my head and walked away with her sidekicks laughing. When she left, Hayley rushed to help me up and took me to the bathroom.

She gave me her spare clothes since mine were covered in sticky Strawberry Sunshine smoothie. I apologised to Hayley and we talked about what happened in the cafeteria while I was changing. "Becca you can't be serious, you two like had a serious moment", she said joyfully. "Hayley he just caught me, nothing special about that." "He could have let you fall, but he didn't. That says something", she added. I didn't bother replying so I just finished dressing and rinsing the parts on my hair and head that now smelled like smoothie. "You have got to be kidding me? I look like a freaking flower. I'm not leaving this bathroom". Finally after our five minutes argument, I exited the stall wearing her yellow and white polka dot dress and her white pumps. She looked at me jumping up and down then pushed me out the bathroom.

It was after school and time for sports. I played volleyball and basketball. Hayley did volleyball with me and she also did cheerleading. Volleyball was always on Mondays and Fridays from 2:45 to 3:45. Hayley and I were walking to the changing room when her phone rang. "Who is it?" "It's Nick. He said he'll meet us at the party at 7:30pm." I stopped her in alarm. "You never told me the party was today? I haven't told my parents yet. I thought it was next week". She shook her head. We got dressed, me panicking inside about what my parents would say. Nick was at the parking lot waiting for us. When Nick heard us coming and arguing, he got on his motorbike and drove away leaving us behind. "Becca it's okay. I'll talk to your parents for you", she said with her devious smile. That is what I'm afraid of.

"So, Mr and Mrs Hunter I feel if you don't let Rebecca go to this party you will be giving her less of a chance to explore the world and make her more socially active." My parents looked at each other than at me, then back to Hayley, meanwhile I was playing with Anna but more focussed on their conversation. "Will there be boys at this party?" my dad asked. Hayley turned to me, but I looked away. "Yes, there will be boys and before you ask, the party start at 19:00 and ends at 22:00, and she will be in good hands. I promise Nick and I will keep an eye on her", when she said that I knew it was over. I buried my head in my hands. My dad stood up and looked down at Hayley as she was smiling so confidently. "Okay, but she has to be home latest by 22:30." I lifted my head confused that he actually agreed. They shook hands and we ran to my room to decide what I should wear. Few seconds later, Anna walked in my room as we were deciding, looked at my closet and then spoke, "I want orange and blue." she said with a smile showing her tiny teeth. I wasn't allowed to say no because I didn't want to her cry to mum, so I wore an orange crop top with a dark blue shorts and dark blue gladiators.

Chapter 5

We were all standing in front of Cynthia's door. Hayley and Nick both held my hand and gave me a warm smile. I took a deep breath and was reaching for the handle on the door, when we hear a loud crash. We turn to our left and saw someone on floor laughing. We look up and saw a smashed window. "Uh uh, HELL NO! I am not getting in there with these idiots" and I started walking back when they gripped my hands tighter and pulled me inside.

Never will I agree into Hayley make me do something ever again.

When I entered, the corridor and stairs were the first things I saw. When you turn to your left you saw her living room, or what is so to be called a living room and on the right was her dining room, her broken table dining room. "Uh, guys, I don't think this is a good I-"and when I turn my head, they were gone. "So much for being in good hands." I gave myself a personal tour around the house and I just saw, people making out in the corners, a few walking in their underwear's and costumes, people smoking and drinking, and others knock out and sleeping on... everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, from tables to floors to being half in the pool, that person wasn't going to live long. As I was walking, I spotted Troy talking with two girls. I kept my head down and started looking for Hayley.

At the same time as I was going upstairs, Cynthia placed her arm on the wall and made me hit my head, giving me a headache. While I was rubbing my head, she started rambling about something. "Well, well, look who actually showed up. I thought your poor daddy and mummy would say no", she leaned in closer to me, "You better not try to do anything funny with my boyfriend cause I will destroy you." I looked her in the eye, "I don't think I'm the one you should be worried about", eyeing the two girls. She pushed me aside walking downstairs crashing me into the wall. Once I finally got my balance, I went to every room looking for Hayley. As soon as I opened the door, my eyes widened and my mouth dropped. I watched Hayley and Mr Nickels making out. As I was closing the door, it squeaked. Hayley saw me and tried to talk to me, but I didn't want to hear what she would say so I shut the door and ran downstairs.

I ran through every room looking for Nick when we crashed into each other. "Oh My Gosh, Nick I am soo-" I intensely looked at him real close and hard and smelt his breath, realised that he wasn't sober. "Are you drunk?" he nodded his head and started to laugh. I clutched his hand and & began dragging him out. "Nick wake up, I need a friend that I can talk to", but he stopped walking and pulled me back. "Me first. I have something to tell you", I looked in his eyes and he was starting to tear up. I placed my hand on his shoulder and pulled him in for a hug. He started to whisper in my ear, "I never told you because I was afraid our friendship would change or what you would say or do. Cynthia and I are related. She is my step-sister." I pushed him away trying to process what he had just said. "After all the times Cynthia bullied me, you could have stopped her?!!" he started walking closer to me, but I pushed him back and ran away.

22:10pm. I was running home, a whole nine blocks run downhill. I had no one to ask for a ride because anyone that I would have asked would say no. I was nearly home, just one block left, but I dropped to my knees on the turn in the middle of the road and began crying. My eyes were all watery, so I couldn't see properly. Suddenly a car was coming my direction really fast. I got up and sprinted to the sidewalk, but the driver was looking for something and kept his eyes of the road, sped up and hit me. I rolled over on top of the car and landed on the floor. The driver got out his car, stared at me concerned and drove away. That was the last thing I saw.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Girl Power By LILY

Teen Fiction

2.5K 160 34
"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?!" I yelled "O MY GOD it worked!". OK so that was a little preview of what's going to happen in this book so let me expla...
259 7 12
Emma and Jack had a happy relationship, until they didn't anymore. Jack left Emma without an explanation and Emma wondered why. Will she find out? A...
4.9K 307 31
In your first year, you're just thrown in there. Your freashmeat, and your gonna be torn apart; Well unless you do what I did, get popular and stick...
908 165 21
Becky Reyes is a 16 years old normal high schooler until she figured out that she was born with something which other people don't posses. Something...