Grey-Sloan Memorial from Your...

By LeewayEcho

You are going to be the new Head of Pediatrics at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital as the current one is stepping... More

Head of Pediatrics
New Beginnings at Grey-Sloan
First Day Jitters (Part 1)
First Day Jitters (Part 2)
Celebration at Joe's
Code Silver!
Come Back To Me
Come Home with Me
Back to Work
Messing with You
Don't Say It
Better Together
Together, We are Family
1...2...3...Family!
Aftermath
Time to Party!
All Night Long
If I Lay Here
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Arizona's Trauma)
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Y/n's Trauma)
Stronger
Moving On
Waking up with a Headache
Stuck in Bed
Get Me Out of Here
Back to Work (Again)
All Alone
Rise and Shine
Paging Dr. Torres
Joke's on You
Beautiful Ghosts
Aftermath (Again)
Let's Go to the Beach
I Saw Mama
Should I Stay?
Are You With Me?
House of Cards
Grateful for You
Surgery Again
At Home, Nothing to Do
What Do You Mean?
Meet Little Miss
I Have Someone I Want You to Meet
Crash and Burn
Cute and Fluffy
Tell Me What You Like
Parents are in Town
A/N
Marry Me
Down to Celebrate
Timothy Daniel Robbins?
Long Lost
Long Lost and on the Run
7 years
United
Where Does the Good Go?
Let it Be
You are My Home
Waiting, Watching
Lay with Me
Meant to Be
Wedding Bells and a Kidney?
Save a Life
What is it, You Say?
Stuck at Home
Raging Fire
Still Healing
Can You Live, For Me?
I'm Sorry, Forgive Me
Close Enough
Just a Little Blue
Kids Make Everything Better
Our Future
AUTHOR'S NOTE, NEW STORY!

No Justice, No Peace

793 23 3
By LeewayEcho

Back story for chapter: This chapter will be depicting the injustice of black individuals. The group is at a black lives matter, peaceful rally when the police get involved and individuals that do not support BLM get involved. This is for sure going to be a tough chapter to write, but I feel as though it is something necessary to depict. This will be a longer chapter so it may go back and forth from Arizona's POV and Y/n's POV. Reader's discretion is advised.

3 months later

Arizona's POV

Y/n has been doing so well with her recovery. We have started taking walks around the hospital during the day. I like to think of it as spending time with her, she thinks it's exercise. I mean, it's a win win for the both of us. 

Her and I usually have synced up schedules, but ever since I have completed my training and became chief of fetal surgery, our schedules have been out of sync. Dr. Bailey said we could go back to our original schedule soon, but we just had to be patient. 

"What are you up to today, cutie?" I ask Y/n, us sitting eating breakfast. "Jackson, Link, Richard, Amelia, Jo, and I are going to a Black Lives Matter rally downtown. Don't worry, I have medical arm bands for us to wear if anything doesn't get peaceful." She tells me with a laugh. "I wish I could go with you. I hate not having the same schedules." I tell her with a pout.

"I'll have my phone on me. I'll send you updates and pictures. How does that sound?" She asks me. "I would very much appreciate that, I just want to make sure you're safe." I tell her. "I intend to be safe. We all agreed to stick together and have each other's backs." She tries to reassure me.

"I won't lie, I'm nervous. I've heard how these rallies can go, and it usually is the police making it worse. These rallies are meant to be peaceful, and they are until they show up." I tell her, annoyed. "I know, I hear you. We will be safe and responsible. We have each other." She tells me with a smile.

"Okay, I have to get going, baby. Big surgery today with Addie." I tell her with a smile. "Please keep me updated and be safe. Promise?" I ask her. "I promise baby, you have nothing to worry about." She tells me, trying to calm me. "I love you." I tell her. "I love you." She tells me. I wrap her in a tight hug and a lingering kiss before walking out the door to work.

Y/n's POV

I meet up with Jackson, Link, Richard, Amelia, and Jo at my apartment. We are making signs to bring to the rally. 

"Oh, Jo. I really like what you've done with your sign!" I tell her. "Thanks, Y/n! Your rainbow sign is so cool!" Jo says back. I give her a big smile.

"Alright everyone. I have these, so put them in your pockets. I really hope we don't have to use them, but if this rally turns unpeaceful, usually if we put these on, people will know understand that we are providing medical assistance. They aren't guaranteed to work, but at least we have them. We stick together, do not split up." I tell them. 

They all nod in agreement and take the armbands to put in their pockets. 

We make our way downstairs and the rally has already started outside our apartment. I have my backpack that is full of medical supplies. I always carry the essentials when it comes to doing any rallies or big events. You never know what can happen.

We are peacefully walking down the street with many other folks of Seattle chanting, "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE. NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!" 

I take a picture of the scene and send it to Arizona.

Y/n: Wish you were here, baby. It's remarkable. 

I quickly hit send and go back to chanting with everyone else. 

We make it to the area where people are talking with megaphones and people are hollering in agreement with statements being said.

My phone vibrated and I looked at it. 

Arizona: You're amazing, sweetie. Wish I was there.

I smiled at the message and looked back up. I had someone take a picture of our group and our signs. I wanted to be able to have these memories. I sent the picture to Arizona and put it back into my pocket.

There were more people coming around the speakers, when I noticed off in the distance a group of people that looked irate at the fact that we were there. What pissed me off the most were a lot of these signs they were holding said 'all lives matter.' My big thing with that statement is all lives can't matter until all lives matter equally, regardless of the race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc. That is currently not happening. 

We were rallying for a young boy who was killed at the hands of the police. 

I point them out to the group. "Put your arm bands on now. This is going to get ugly. Whoever wants to go, can." I tell them. "I am staying." Jo says. Then everyone else follows suit. They put on their arm bands and wait to see what happens. 

The other group is now chanting 'all lives matter.' The peaceful rally still has their megaphone and doing their best to drown out the other group. The black lives matter rally is still significantly bigger than the other group.

Just then, we noticed a massive police presence coming down the street. Oh, no. This wasn't good.

I pulled my phone out and texted Arizona again.

Y/n: Hey, baby. I am safe. The police just showed up and an anti-BLM group is here. We are all safe and sticking together. I will meet you at the hospital when we leave. 

Just as I put my phone away, I look up and the other group has now made it across the street to our group. They are trying to chant even louder. Our group links arms with each other, with anymore part of the peaceful rally to form a chain. Symbolizing that the chain couldn't be broken for us.

The other group started to get in our faces and we stood tall and steady. We were not wavering. 

"NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE. NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!" We all chant. That's all we need to chant.

We were stood peacefully on the sidewalk when the group started to push us onto the street. We were fine with that, we were staying peaceful and linked. 

Just as they stopped, the police fired something out of a cannon. There was a mist and then we all started coughing and our eyes started to burn. "Tear gas. Do not rub your eyes, that'll make it worse!" I yell to everyone who can hear me.

They continue to fire tear gas at us. Just then I noticed how the other group was fine and they didn't have any affect. Is this a joke? 

You have got to be kidding me. I yell to a cop. "What about them? They're the ones who started it." 

"I don't give a fuck who started it, you're in the street. You get tear gassed. Fuck off." He snarled. Oh, my blood was boiling. I was so mad.

Then I heard what sound like a gun shot. "Rubber bullets guys. Be prepared to move. We are going to need to get the injured out of here." Jackson shouts. We all nod to him. 

My eyes were burning still, but I had to stay strong for the others. I show a young boy, had to me no older than 12 fall to the ground. Then a group near him, that had also fallen. All teens, but adults or the twelve year old. "Guys, we need to get them to the hospital. Get them and we need to run. And I mean run guys." I tell them.

We each pick up a kid and we take off running. We are on the sidewalk when we are stopped by police. "You don't go anywhere. You stay." An officer says to us. "I don't think so. We are on the sidewalk, and we are all doctors. If you do not move out of my way, I will sue the entire police department of Seattle. You, Officer Johnson will be personally prosecuted for murder if any of these people do not make it. Rubber bullets are just as lethal if fired at close range, which they are. Now get the fuck out of my way!" I yell to him. He stands firm until another officer moves him out of the way.

"Thank you, officer." I nod to them and they nod back. We take off in a run towards the hospital.

Arizona's POV

April just said all hands on deck for the ER. The rally was no longer peaceful and there was police and tear gas involved. I worried about Y/n, she sent me a text saying that the police showed up and they were safe at the moment. But I am watching the news and it keeps showing the scenes of what is going on. 

We are waiting for ambulances when the six of them come running into the ER. "We have 1 kid and 5 adults, all hit with rubber bullets and tear gassed. Most are just bruises, but they need to be treated. Richard's boy has a bullet stuck in his chest." Jackson says.

They are all out of breath and sitting on the ground, back outside. I wasn't needed so Addie and I took care of them. We got them water and food. We got them oxygen masks. We got them a change of clothes and towels. They all needed showers to wash off. 

Without saying anything, I got Y/n up to her feet with the oxygen mask. I wheeled the oxygen tank to the lounge bathroom and locked it. I took off the oxygen mask and took off her clothes. 

I started the shower for her and got out of my clothes as well. We both got into the shower and I started to wash her off. Her eyes were unbelievably red and puffy, I can only imagine from the tear gas. "I got you, you're okay." I tell her, trying to calm her. I noticed the bruises on her and check for cuts or abrasions. She looked okay, nothing to worry about with blood at least. 

"Thank you for doing this for me." She says with a sigh. "I am just glad you're safe, baby. And I am so proud of you." I tell her with a smile. "I may or may not have told off a cop to get here." She says with a laugh. "Of course you did, I would expect nothing less." I say as I laugh with her. 

We get out of the shower and sit on the couch after we get dressed. I brush her hair and braid it for her. I place soft kisses on her neck and shoulders as I am doing it. "Can we go check on the patients?" She asks me. "Of course, sweet girl." I say to her. I take her hand in mine, stroking it with my thumb softly. 

We go to check on the patients and they are all doing okay. "Arizona, I am not mad at you. But I am mad in general so this may sound like I am yelling at you, but I am just projecting. I am just so mad that this happened. The other group that was there didn't even get teared gassed and the cops excuse was because they were on the sidewalk. They pushed us onto the street, we were on the sidewalk until the other group pushed us. Then the police tear gassed us and started to shoot rubber bullets. My eyes still sting from the tear gas. I am so angry that I had to fight through more cops to even get out of the area, to save these people from being hurt even further. I wish I could have gone back, but my chest started to ache so I knew I couldn't, but I had to get them out of there. I also promised to be safe to you, so I knew I wasn't going to break that promise." She finishes, still kind of catching her breath. I look at her worried.

"Do you need me to page, Maggie?" I ask her with soft eyes. "No, I think it's just the extra stamina used from being tear gassed then running all the way here. It should go away." She tells me with a faint smile. "Mmm, nice try. I'm paging Maggie." I tell her. She glares at me and she knows she won't be winning this round. "Fine." She mumbles out.

Maggie comes in 5 minutes later. She comes with a portable EKG. "Are you serious?" I ask her. "Oh, yes I am. Don't mess with me, Y/n." Maggie says. "Alright, fine. But I am mad at you both." She tells us with a pout.

Everything comes back okay with the EKG results and Maggie says that she needs to take it easy for the rest of the day. "You're coming home with me, Dr. Karev." I tell her in a serious tone. "Maggie, I am going to be held hostage. Save me." She says sarcastically. "Well, for that comment, I think you deserve to be held hostage." Maggie states with a laugh. "Thanks, Mags." I say to her with a laugh. Maggie then leaves the room and Y/n quickly takes out her phone for a minute then puts it away.

"Come on, don't make protective Robbins come out." I tell her. "But protective Robbins is adorable. And you know I love it when you are protective of me." She says to me with a smile.

"Flattering will get you everywhere, Karev." I tell her with a kiss to the lips. "Alright, let's go home. I just ordered pizza and cannolis. I'm in the mood to eat comfort food and snuggle up close to you." She tells me with a smile. "I like the sound of that, especially the snuggling." I tell her with a super magic smile and my dimples. I can see her melt at the sight of my dimples, it's her weakness and I play full into it. 

We make our way out of the hospital and to the apartment. We get into our bed, stripped down to our bra and panties per usual and enjoy each other's company. We snuggle close and watch TV. 

She was safe in my arms and that's where I wanted her to be. I couldn't ask for anything more. My little equality advocate. I am in such awe of her.

I love being protective of her, but I knew she would be okay on her own. We are a team and we got through it together. We communicated and talked to each other. That's what I wanted, that's all I want. Ugh, I am so in love with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.2K 33
Grey's Anatomy Callie and Arizona fan fiction. - Following Season 12 - ::Notice - in this version MARK IS ALVIE:: Arizona did not know what she was...
257K 7.9K 43
-currently on hold- Daphne Torres, younger sister of Calliope Torres and young genius. When the famous playboy plastic surgeon comes to town, everyth...
29.7K 843 35
"But he's Evil Spawn." "Don't you think I know that. I didn't wake up one day and suddenly decide I was going to be in love with Alex Karev." Being t...
244K 3.3K 50
BEFORE YOU READ !! I made this book when I was 15-16, the writing is mid and sometimes it might not make any sense now don't worry it's a good book...