Shadowhunters/Malec One Shots

Від piadreamer

One shots of my favourite otp, Malec. May also contain other pairings but mostly Malec. Contains fluff, angst... Більше

A giggly morning.
What are you?
My immortal boyfriend
We always seem to find a way back to each other.
I will carry you.
Perfect Criminal
Perfect Criminal •Part 2•
Perfect Criminal •Part 3•
Perfect Criminal •Part 4•
Drunken mistake
My boyfriend's a cat-fox.
I'll always protect you.
Thunderstorms and cuddles.
Relationships... they take effort.
Relationships... they take efforts. •Part 2•
You might be gold but I love Silver.
The story of Madeline Lightwood Bane.
Dimensional Issues
My Sleeping Prince
War of hearts
Beautiful Evening
My innocent Fiancé.
First date
Heartbreak and misery
Lost willpower
Lost willpower •Part 2•
Lost willpower •Part 3•
I'll love you for a thousand more.
Together, always and forever.
Play day.
Play day •Part 2•
Portal Mishap.
Portal Mishap •Part 2•
Melodious Escape ~ 2
Melodious Escape ~ 3
Melodious Escape ~ 4
Melodious Escape ~ 5
Deal with the Devil
Love that never fades
The Return - Chapter 1
The Return - Chapter 2
The Return - Chapter 3
The Return - Chapter 4
The Return - Chapter 5
The Return - Chapter 6
The Return - Chapter 7
The Return - Chapter 8
The Return - Chapter 9

Melodious escape

259 16 20
Від piadreamer

Requested by @EEthecouchpotato hope you'll like it.

This turned out a little different than what was asked for so I hope you'd still like it.

!W! Mention of rape, abuse and use of strong language.

****************************************************************

The strings of the violin vibrated as Alec fiddled the bow, eyes closed and mumbling folk music. In the darkness, the melody combined echoed through the walls, creating a shrill, outworldly experience, entrancing Alec in its calming aura, settling his anxious nerves.

His whole day had been a wreck. From being fired from the cafe he worked because of a planned ruckus from a homophobic colleague against him, to his father barging in drunk in their house and saying slurs to him and his mother, resulting in another fist fight with his father, to his family disregarding his growing signs of depression, saying it'll just a phase or its in his mind, to having the biggest fight with his fiancé, Andrew Hale.

Nothing went right and his mind kept pushing him to take a blade and slide it through his wrist, ending his miserable life once and for all. Tears slid down his face as he let himself drawn into the low pitched, airy, magistical harmonics, soaring his heart as he sang the end notes of the song. As the bow withdrew from its fiddle, reminding him of the stillness around him, he scrunched his already shut eye, letting the emotions flow out in form of uncontrolled tears.

Even after trying his level best, no architectural firms approved his interview and some even rejected him on his face, why? He had no damn idea. It wasn't like his qualifications were less or his ranks were not up to the mark. He has excelled in his college and internships. Hell, he even worked for a small project where his design for gaming theme auditorium was appreciated so why wasn't he getting a proper job as a head designer? If not the head, he'd agree on being an assistant or junior, but he couldn't understand the reasons behind all the rejections.

If his work life wasn't enough, his personal life had acted as fuel in the fire. Being the only responsible male in the family after his father, as per the societal norms, it was his duty to feed them and take care of them, no matter how harshly they treated him. His mother, who could earn well from her cooking skills, refused to do so because it wasn't allowed in her side of the family and she didn't want to disrespect her parents by going against their will.

His siblings, Jace, Izzy and Max, leave no stone unturned in reminding him that he doesn't have a real job. That he should either join Jace in his jewelry business or help Izzy as a fitness instructor, both of which he wasn't skilled at. Max, though, being just 16 and still schooling, kept his shrill, alarming voice blaring in his ears that his fee had been pending for months and no one takes the responsibility for it because they think his dreams of taking analytical science and becoming a scientist was too much to afford, considering that only head of the family doesn't earn.

His father, the homophobe of the century, was yet another story. After losing millions of dollars in gambling and almost selling Maryse, their mother and the only house they were left with, he had the audacity to say that it was his right over his wife and family and he didn't care about their feelings. The incident left them in shock and their mother left his not sorry ass shortly after, but the man kept stalking and abusing all of them, especially Maryse for taking his family away from him.

His fiancé Andrew Hale, the one who should have been his rock, his anchor in all the mess, wasn't even close to being a reliable support and he kept questioning as to why and how they got engaged. Being one of the top fashion designers in their city, every time the debate over moving together, financial stability came across, the mockery and bitterness in Andrew's tone regarding his position and earnings felt like millions of needles pricking his heart. Does the man even treat him as equal?

With a long sigh, Alec trailed his fingers over the strings of the violin, bringing it closer to his heart and sitting in upright position once again, as the melody of Dust in the wind entraced in his mind but a loud buzzing ringtone of his phone caught his attention, slicing through the calming silence of dead night. The screen read 'Pain in my ass #2', his sister Isabelle Lightwood.

"What Izzy?" He said in a low voice, the loud blast of music in background bringing back the seething pain in his temples.

"Where the heck are you, big brother!? Max is asking for you."

"Why? I told him I'd pay his fee by any means possible so what does he want now?"

"Are you fucking serious!? Alec! It's almost 1AM!"

"So?" He frowned.

"Alec! How can you forget!? It's Max's birthday, you idiot!"

"Oh," he simply said and rubbed his forehead. "I'm in my room, are you all in the living room? I don't hear any music from here."

"Seriously big brother!" Izzy said frustratingly, "We told you we'd surprise Max at Jace's apartment, even Andrew is here and he is taking up your responsibility. Atleast be here if you can't bring any gifts for Max!"

The words struck him like being stabbed again and again, brutally and mercilessly, and more tears shed down his face. "I'll be there." He said and cut the call before Izzy could say anything further.

Running his fingers through the strings and gently stringing it, feeling the vibration against the pad of his finger, he stood up, closed the wide open window of the dark room through which the moonlight was cascading in, and flew up the small staircase leading to the secret wall door of his room.

Ten years ago while looking for a book on his shelf, he accidentally hit the angel statue but instead of breaking, it opened a pathway leading down in a secret basement and since then, this place had been his escape zone. Whenever it gets too much to bear, he takes out his violin and let out his his emotions in the darkness where there's no one to listen to and judge him for the smallest thing he does.

Taking out the cover of the violin, he carefully placed it inside and tucked it behind the headrest where no one could find it because he didn't just have the doubt but was certain that his family wouldn't hesitate in selling it for some extra money and that was the last thing he wanted. It wasn't just another musical instrument to him, it meant a lot more than that. It was the only medium for him to let out his emotions.

After changing into decent party wear that included a blue button down shirt with black jeans and a black jacket, he opened his drawer and took out a neatly wrapped gift he purchased last month for Max for his birthday, an analytical chemistry book that his brother had wanted ever since he made his career choice. He might not be in his best financial zone right now, but he did love his family and would do everything to make their wishes come true.

********************************

*Jace's apartment*

The loud banging sound as it vibrated the whole house, as if he was standing in an earthquake made his throbbing head ache like a bitch. How do people enjoy such loud sounds? He can never understand.

"Alec! Finally!" Izzy eyed him like he had made an offense, grabbed his wrist and dragged him inside.

"Alec, where were you?" Maryse asked as she walked towards them. "Have you brought anything for Max? Oh, sorry, I forgot you lost your job. Nevermind, I'll talk to Max if gets upse-"

"Mom, I lost my job today, not since forever. I purchased his gift months ago, just... sorry for being late." He said in an uninterested voice. Tears stung in the back of his eyes but he pushed them back. Now wasn't the time to cry.

"Oh, sorry honey. I know it'll be a lot on you. Come in, Jace and Izzy decorated this place so beautifully. I'm sure it'll change your mood."

'Is that how much you know me?' he thought and trailed behind his mother and sister into the living room where Jace, Aline, Maxwell, their uncle and other close family members were poking the birthday boy as he gave a forced smile to everyone after opening his not so useful and meaningful gifts.

"A.... PlayStation? From... uncle Well? Umm, thanks uncle but what would I do with it?"

"Play games." Maxwell said with a frown. "That's what you Gen-Z love doing now, isn't it?"

"Yes, but-"

"Just keep it Max." Maryse said as they all gathered around the group. "Maxwell came after so long just for your birthday. I'm sure you'd love to explore whatever game this... thing contains." She said as if he'd suddenly gained interest in video games. It was solely Jace, neither Izzy, Max nor him.

"Alright mom. Thank you, Uncle Well." Max forced another smile, then turned towards Alec. "Dude, you're late... and empty handed. Seriously? Are you that broke now?"

"Max! Voice!" Maryse scolded and Alec thanked the stars that somewhere, they do care even if that wasn't enough to make him feel loved.

"It's okay, mom. I know he didn't mean it in an offensive way." He gave a tight lipped smile. "And I'm not empty handed, Max." Taking out the present from the inside pocket of his jacket, he handed it to Max who gave it a skeptical glance but when he opened it, his eyes lit up like a thousand watt bulbs.

"A book on analytical chemistry! Oh god! Yes! Thank you so much dude!" Max ran and gave him a tight hug and for the first time, Alec felt like his presence meant something in his family's lives.

"Wait, he's a nerd?" Maxwell raised his brow, "I should have brought him books instead then."

"Duh..." Max whispered around Alec's shoulder making him roll his eyes.

"You know he's here for formality and mom's property, Max. He never cared anyway." Alec whispered in his brothers ears who slowly nodded.

"Thank you so much, Alec. You gave me the best gift, even your fiance didn't get me anything useful." Max said after they broke the hug.

"Hey! I gave you a bike. A bike, Max!" Andrew said as he walked across from the other side, snaked his arms around Alec's waist and left a light kiss on his lips that felt nothing but forced to him.

"Alec, I'm sorry but I don't think anyone here knows me except you."

"Dude, that was offensive." Jace crossed his arms over his chest. "Izzy and I did so much for your surprise."

"And I hate surprises..." Max mumbled.

"Say what?"

"Nothing. Can we please eat? Izzy had kept me starving the whole evening! Mom, you made something right? You're the best cook here!"

"Of course, Max." Maryse grinned and left for the kitchen.

"How about we have our special dinner?" Andrew said in a seductive tone in Alec's ear and a chill went down through his body. Does that man not know the meaning of boundaries? Why were they engaged again?

"Not now babe. It's Max's day. Let's not disrespect that." Alec whispered but the way his blue eyes turned ice cold, staring directly into his soul made his skin crawl. They weren't sad or dull, there was a predatory look in them that always made Alec oblige to the taller man's commands. Was that it? Was it fear and not love? "Please, babe."

"Then let's go to my home. It won't last the whole night now, will it?" The tall man hovered over him, his seven foot muscular body pinning Alec with its weight making him swallow, hard.

"Andrew-"

"Yo! Boys! We all know you're getting married soon. No need to show off!" Izzy smacked both their heads and Alec sighed with relief.

"Slow, my dear sister in law. That hurts. And if you're that jealous, you know my brother is single and straight."

"And a complete douche bag!" Izzy stated and Alec couldn't agree more. His brother, Francis Hale, was the most ignorant, heartless bastard Alec ever met, not to mention that he's a Playboy too. "Why aren't there any cute, handsome men with a good heart available anymore? Even Meliorn turned out to be an asshole!"

"Don't worry Izzy, you'll find the guy, don't give up hope." Alec said just when Maryse called out their names. "Coming mom! Let's go!"

"What about my offer babe?" Andrew ran his fingers over his cheek.

"Ahh... ummm... ok.. okay..."

**********************************

*Next morning*

*Central park*

"When the night, has come, and the land is dark," Alec hummed as he pulled the strings with his left hand fingers and moved the bow back and forth with right, creating a beautiful melody that magnified by the music of nature. Birds were chirping on the trees, leaves were ruffling as the cold breeze sliced through them and caressed Alec's tear dried face, sending shivers through his body but it didn't matter to him. "And the moon, is the only light we see. No I won't, be afraid, no I won't be, afraid. Just as long, as you stand, stand by me."

He kept playing the melody as his mind went back to the events of the night. His financial stability was questioned by his family yet again, even after he assured Max and others that he'd pay his brother's school fee that nobody else wanted to. Max was obviously upset but happy with Alec that atleast he believed in him, but that did put pressure on his back coz' when he tried checking in with the cafe, he found out that the old manager had resigned and that homophobic asshole was the new manager so his chances of getting that job back was minus zero.

"So, darlin', darlin', stand, stand by me." more tears fell on his cheeks when the events at Andrew's house flashed in front of his eyes. Not only did he let that man have his way with him, which was far from being consentual, he also had to bear all the harsh words Andrew threw at him after their sex regarding his situation. Yet again, he was crushed under the man's generosity and money that he hated taking but was left with no other option.

His salary wasn't enough that he could move out and have his own freedom, and now with no job at all, it was worse since he had to take care of the household since Jace and Izzy could only send for Maryse's livelihood. Why did their mother still refuse to earn, it was far from his understanding. "if the sky, that we look upon, should tumble and fall, or the mountains, should crumble, to the sea, I won't cry, I won't cry, no, no, no, I won't shed a tear, just as long, as you stand, stand by me."

Contrasting to the lyrics he sang, more tears fell on his face as the emptiness inside him tried to scream out for the need to be fulfilled. But there was no one to lend him a shoulder, no one who understood him, not even the man he loved.

As he increased the movement of the bow, winding his emotions into it, not caring that he changed the melody of the song, letting his tears fall freely as every tone sent a calming sensation in his heart and soul, a sound of applause made him stop and he looked at the source, only to get his jaw dropped.

"Oh, I'm... I'm so sorry, I thought you were practicing. I didn't know... I'm so very sorry, sir."

"M... Magnus Bane!?" Rubbing his eyes, Alec looked at the source once again and yes, he wasn't dreaming. The lead singer of the famous band, Soulshatters, was standing right in front of him. The man he idolized, the man he always wanted to meet. The one who made him inspired to take music. He can never forget the interview where he talked about how music wasn't just about dancing to its beats. It can also be a way expressing emotions, a way of calming your soul. He was so young, a young, new artist, yet so wise.

"That would be me." The man gave a bright smile and in so long had Alec seen a genuine, beautiful smile.

"A..A...Al...Alec. sorry. I'm Alec."

"I'm so sorry, Alec. I thought you were practicing. I shouldn't have disturbed you. Just that, the way you played caught my attention. It was beautiful."

"Th...thank you, Mr Bane."

"Oh, call me Magnus please. Mr Bane suits my father." Magnus said, "if you don't mind me asking, are you alright?"

"Yeah... Yeah, just... personal issues." Alec wiped his face and kept his violin on the bench, turning fully towards his role model. "Sorry if I'm crossing my boundaries, but, what are you doing in a public park all alone? Aren't you scared of.... people... and media?"

"It's early morning, barely a few souls roam around at this hour, so there's no problem in me being all alone, plus, I liked early morning walks since I was a child."

"Oh...." Warmth rushed through Alec's face as he shuffled on his legs.

"Yeah." Magnus smiled brightly. "Alec, if you don't mind me asking, are you a professional violinist?"

"Um, no, just a hobby."

"Hobby!?" Magnus's eyes widened, "that sounded professional and astounding. For how long are you playing?"

"Ten... ten years. Learned from you. Your interviews...." He trailed off and bit his lip. "You're my inspiration." He said in a low voice and the way Magnus's face glowed felt like he was living in a dream.

"I'm glad to know that I inspired so many people." Magnus said in all honesty. "I don't know if it'll be right or wrong but, would you like to play in our band?"

"W...what!? Y...y..y...y.... your band!?" If he was uncertain about dreaming earlier, he was certain now. Yes, it was a dream. "It's a dream, it couldn't be true. It's a dream."

"It's not a dream, Alec." Magnus chuckled. "I'm serious. Unless, you can't compromise your job."

"I don't have a job." Alec said and lowered his lashes, "I'm... broke..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. So would you consider my offer?"

"Actually, my family doesn't know I play. I don't know what I'll tell them."

"So you want to?" Magnus' eyes scanned his and he swore it was the most surreal moment of his life.

"Umm, yes, but-"

"Hey, don't overthink this. Just come and meet my team members today. We're in need of a new violinist for a month. And I believe you'd be perfect. Just say you have an interview, if my band members and our manager would like your piece, then we'll discuss your issue with them. I'm sure, they'll help."

"Seriously?" Alec's chest rose and fell with his increasing heart beats. "I... I mean, I'd love that. Thank you so much, Mr... Mag... Magnus."

"Then it's a deal."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

668 64 8
One-shots of your favourite TMI characters after all the battles they've fought and the hard times they've endured. Will consist of my imagination o...
3.9K 400 25
Alec is studying to be a lawyer at university at his father's insistence, but he wants to be a vet. He loves animals and reading. His father abuses h...
My Love Від Natalia

Фанфіки

68.5K 2.3K 58
Alec starts a relationship with Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn after the unlikely but fateful night when he is dragged to a party by his si...
1.4K 72 8
This story is about malec having a fight and one of them ends up getting in trouble and in a serious danger, while the other one trys to save him. Te...