Kiss Me If You Can | JuJae

Av YutayakiPrince

❝You might follow me everywhere I escape to, but there's a place in someone's arms where you'll never be able... Mer

1. Double Lives
2. Intrusion
⇗Butterfly Visualization⇖
4. Control
5. Hidden Persona
6. Side Effects
7. Recovery
8. Afraid
9. Old Friend
10. Plus One
11. Unrealistic
12. Problem Solved
13. Competition
14. Comfort
15. Show
16. Switch-Up
17. Escape
18. Change
⇗Maverick/Reveal Visualization⇖
19. Bonding
20. Reunion
21. Shall We Dance?
22. What Once Was
23. Simulation
24. Five Shots
25. Winner
26. Uncontrolled
27. Left Alone
28. Sensed
29. Do You Mean It?
30. Meet My Brother, Eric
31. An Early Checkmate
32. Never Find Another
33. A Visit Home (WE'RE BACK)

3. Game Time

861 55 59
Av YutayakiPrince

Maverick Mission Headquarters

"Who even sent you to me anyways?"
 Jaehyun asked, fixing his weapon belt to his waist and tucking a knife into a hidden pocket of his jacket.

"My mission guides. You were the first person they could think of, seemed to have something to do with Butterfly anyways." Juyeon replied, putting on his own jacket and testing his grappling hook.

"It sucks that just by the mention of that sick group, I can just agree to go on missions. I hate this." The older spat out, hooking up his in-ear system.

"If you hate mafia work so much, why do you do it? Why are you the best in your field? I've heard rumors, but apparently you become a completely different person during missions." Juyeon paused. "Who would guess that someone who lives a boring normal life would thrive so much from doing illegal activities?"

"Stop taunting me. Do you want me to join you or not?" Hyunjae rolled his eyes.

Juyeon was slowly losing his patience, but he had to put up with the man for Chanhee and Kevin.

If the mission was that important, he could deal with Hyunjae for a while.

"Let's just get the last of our gear and go." The younger said calmly, while picking up a case. "Wow, Eric really went all out this time."

"Eric?" The older raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar name.

"Eric is the technician at Reveal, even though he'd much rather be called a hacker because 'it sounds cool'. He's kind of like my little brother, so he gets kind of hyper and goes all out for gadgets during my missions." Juyeon elaborated, moving the heavy gadget case up and down as if it was a weight.

Hyunjae's expression, and maybe also his mindset, softened at the information, before his thoughts were cut off by his mission guide speaking in his in-ear piece.

"Jaehyun, can you hear me?"

"Younghoon! I told you not to call me that-" Hyunjae turned on his mic, ready to yell at his mission guide for using his non-mafia name.

"So I don't get the best friend privilege? I don't see you for a month and this is how you treat me when you're back?"

The older turned to see Juyeon snickering.

"You... you can hear this?" Jaehyun pointed to his in-ear, looking at the younger who just nodded, turning on his own mic.

"Nice to meet you, Younghoon. I'm Yeon, and I can guarantee that you'll have the best friend privilege with me."

"Well this one is definitely a keeper as your mission partner, Jae."

"Both of you shut up! Plus, it's just one mission." The blonde field agent rolled his eyes at their antics, heading over towards the garage, only to groan again.

"Younghoon, they forgot to give us two vehicles." 

Hyunjae stared at the one motorcycle in their section of the garage, Juyeon following him with a confused look.

"No, they didn't forget. You guys will make less noise with one motorcycle. Plus, this one has a silencer. You'll just have to ride together."

Without batting an eye, Juyeon mounted the motorcycle, patting the space behind him. 

"Complaining won't get you too far, Jaehyun."

With a scowl, Jaehyun lifted his leg over the two-wheeler, sitting behind Juyeon and only holding onto the other's shoulder, out of pride.

"You're going to have to hold on tighter than that. These motorcycles might be quieter, but they're also faster. I don't know how long you've been on a break, but you seem to have forgotten the safety measures here." Juyeon added with a smirk.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" The older gave him a dead-pan expression, before loosely circling his arms around the younger's waist.

"Of course I am."

-

This whole week had definitely brought the unexpected, but Jaehyun couldn't help but be surprised that by the time they were halfway to the mission site, he was holding onto Juyeon with a death grip.

"You're going to compress my lungs, Jaehyun."

"Shut up and keep driving- and that's hyung to you."

"How sweet. The normal life definitely changed you if you can't even handle this speed." The younger teased.

"Well, I'm usually the one driving... it's not as scary." The older murmured into Juyeon's shoulder.

"If you've always been driving, I'm guessing you've never had a mission partner?"

Hyunjae sighed. "I've worked in squads and groups but never with a designated person. I've always seen it as something only for people who have good chemistry. If not, their missions would be a total failure."

"I really agree. My old partner and I used to work really well and in sync, in and out of missions. It's kind of dangerous though. If your partner is permanent, you're probably destined to fall for them." Juyeon added.

Something in the younger's voice sounded sorrowful, cueing Jaehyun to change the mood.

"Good thing we're not permanent. I wouldn't be able to stand you criticizing my life choices on every single mission." The older snorted.

"Same goes for you. You'd bore me out of my mind, hyung." The younger male shared the look, speeding up just to scare Jaehyun, who responded with a yelp.

-

"This place definitely hasn't changed since the last time I was here." Jaehyun looked up at the high-tech building, disguised as a normal workplace from the outside.

The two of them had put on masks to hide just their nose and mouth, enough so that people wouldn't be able to recognize them without it.

"It's only gotten worse. They've gone into making artificial intelligence to help with missions." Juyeon said with a hateful expression.

"Sangyeon-hyung told me that Maverick was working on AI as well. We're trying to beat the competition, right?" The older, put on fingerless gloves, activating his sensory glasses.

"Not beat, we're just slowing them down." Juyeon paused to place small cameras on each side of the back door. "Getting a head start, so that we can connect with other groups faster than them."

Hyunjae nodded, before walking over to the keypad, plugging in a flash drive and waiting for the small beep that would open the door.

Eventually the small light on the drive turned green and the door slid open, allowing the two to quietly walk inside and check the hallways.

"We have ten minutes before the guard takes another circle." Jaehyun stated, moving quickly into another joint hallway. "The research room is around the corner."

The two field agents rushed through the narrow place, making their way into the laboratory.

However, they were met with a less fortunate sight.

"Maverick's Hyunjae,"

"and Reveal's Yeon."

Two of Butterfly's well known scientists stood before them, watching with a smile as the two males closed the door behind them.

"Hye and Soul..." Jaehyun sighed, grimacing.

"It's quite sad that you didn't get the intel on our new security system. Not as simple as before, I assume?" Doctor Hye took a step towards Juyeon with a smirk on her face, noticeably reaching back for a gun on the table.

"It's game time, boys."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

21.6K 1.1K 42
"I want you to feel my breath on your neck" (This is not a Y/n story. Sorry! But please read this story i would greatly appreciate it! Also this sto...
60.4K 2.9K 47
"You stole something from me and I'm gonna chase after you for it." A Book of those who Steal and those who Chase For The Boyz Started: 8/10/20 Comp...
185K 6.7K 38
late at night , a wander down the streets of downtown is not the safest trip for a young girl approaching her mid twenties to endeavor on.. when yank...
86.4K 5.1K 23
❝ i like you, but i'm just kidding. ❞ +social media au ─completed: aug. 07, 2020