Beautiful Nightmare

By awkwardjellyphish

It started with the dreams, morphing into nightmares. Then... it became a reality. Meet Alexandra "Alex" Clar... More

Beautiful Nightmare
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Five

26 1 2
By awkwardjellyphish

I inhaled sharply, my eyes wide with dismay.

He can't be!

But… he is.

I stiffened at the sound of footsteps coming near. Beads of perspirations broke out on my forehead.

"Alex? Are you here?" I heard a deep voice call out.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise."

I backed into the corner of the bunker, as far away from the entrance as I could get. I covered my ears with my hands, cringing as the hunger pains struck again.

I saw two feet come through the entrance, then a torso, then a man. I could smell the blood from an open wound. Before I realized what I was doing, I had jumped onto the man and clamped my teeth down onto this neck, sucking his blood. I moaned with pleasure.

I felt the man slide down to the floor; I barely felt his arms come around me. He tried to pull me off of his neck, I held fast not wanting the pleasure to end. The blood was amazing, and I wanted more.

"Alex…" the man panted. He sounded like he had just run a marathon. The voice sounded familiar. I loosened my grip on his neck, and in that brief second I was torn away from his blood. He flipped me around so that we were facing each other. Those green eyes were speckled bits of gold, his wavy dark hair falling into his face.

"Oh, shit! I'm so sorry, it had been so long… I'm so sorry Chase," my eyes were filling with tears, "I swear I didn't mean to hurt you! I smelled blood when you first came in and…" I was rambling.

"Shhh, it's okay Alex," Chase reassured me.

"I couldn't stop my self… I would have," I gulped, "drained you…" I whispered. As soon as I said the words, I knew they were true.

I could have killed him.

I would have killed him.

Tears prickled the back of my eyes. I sniffled and looked at my feet, suddenly finding the cement fascinating.

Chase gathered me into his arms and pulled me up so that we were standing.

"Lets go home, Alex. You've had a rough week."

"Week? It felt like a day at the most."

He gave me a weird look, "Alex, you've been missing for over a week. I've been looking for you ever since…" He trailed off, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"Ever since what Chase?"

He shot me a sympathetic look, "Alexandra… a few days after you went missing, your parents were found in their house… dead." He cringed away at the last word.

"Dead?" I asked in disbelief. The tears that I had held back earlier came spilling over. My body shook with my sobs. I cried like I had lost a part of me, and in a way, I had. I had lost my mother and father, and I had almost lost Chase. Hell, I almost lost myself.

I vaguely remember Chase driving to me to his place. It must have taken hours to get there, but all I could think of were my parents. Memories drifted across my vision.

Mom and me making pie for Thanksgiving.

Dad fixing my toy car when I drove it over a cliff.

Mom cleaning my cuts, explaining to me why we use our words instead of our fists.

My parents, alive.

Images of their possible deaths taunted me.

When we finally arrived at Chase's house, I was still making a weird hiccupping sound. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me over the center counsel. He had a broken look on his face.

"How did it happen?" I asked.

"Are you sure you want to get into that?" I nodded.

"When I went to their place to tell them that you were missing, I found the door slightly ajar. It smelled like cologne, like a spicy vanilla and blood. I called the Were police, and they searched the place and found your parents. The Weres asked me to identify them. They had claw marks going down their chests. They were… sliced to ribbons. I'm so sorry Alex"

I bit back my tears, and sniffled softly. I buried my head in Chase's chest.

He rested his chin atop my head and rubbed my back in circular motions.

"What are we going to do Chase?"

He sighed softly, "Take it day by day and figure out who did this. I swear I will kill that bastard," he growled.

I hiccupped again. "We should go inside. Is your mom here?"

"No, she's on a business trip, she'll be back in a week or so." He relinquished his grip on me just long enough for him to hop out of the car and open my door for me.  He grasped my hand as he pulled me out of the car. We walked into the house in silence. I collapsed into his recliner chair.

Chase kneeled in front of me. "There is going to be a detective coming a little later to ask you a few questions. I know this isn't the best time, with what just happened… but it may give us a few leads as what happened to them."

I fingered the old velvet cloth on the armrests. Of course there is going to be an investigation, my parents were murdered. I nodded my understanding.

"Look… I feel really bad for asking this of you, but could you tell me what happened to you. You were missing for a whole week."

I took a shaky breath, "It started the night I called you about my nightmare. Sometime while we were sleeping, the demon took me. He looked exactly like the…thing I saw in my nightmare. Same black eyes, claws, hair. He kidnapped me and took me to a house. He must have knocked me out on the way there, I don't remember much traveling…"

"When I woke up, I was in a room and that… thing," I spat, "was sitting on the bed. He said that I was his and that he had you. I fought and fount, and finally got away. I was hiding from him in the bunker when you found me," I finished.

"Oh. My. God. I am going to kill him," Chase seethed. "Did he hurt you?"

"Nothing permanent. But, Chase, he said he had you, and that they had to sedate you." I gave him a curious glance.

He frowned at me, "I-I don't remember."

 "Liar." I narrowed my eyes at him. "You stutter when you lie. Tell me what happened."

He brushed his golden brown locks out of his eyes and looked me dead in the eye.

"I can't remember what happened, okay?"

"You're ly—"

"I just can't remember!" he shouted. Chase had never shouted at me before. Not even when I drove his brand new car into a streetlight, he had just chuckled and said that I needed more driving lessons.

He took a shaky breath, "Look… I'm sorry I yelled. All I get are these little flashes. They seem like movie fragments, floating across my eyes."

He clenched his hand into a fist. "I'm trying to remember everything, but I just… can't."

I took his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers.

"You can tell me anything, Chase. You know that right?"

"Yeah, I know. I just hate it when I disappoint you," he muttered. I almost didn't catch the last part of the sentence.

"Hey, look at me." Chase raised his head so that our eyes were level. "You didn't disappoint me, don't feel bad about it. You saved me from being raped and possibly murdered. You can't control what events your brain blocks out. What matters to me is that you tried. How the hell, could you disappoint me?"

"Thanks Alex." He smiled at me. His gaze slid lower until he was staring at my lips. I could feel my cheeks heating up. He looked back up at my face.

"You're cute when you blush." That only made me blush more. Chase laughed, it was a rich sound that seemed to swallow me whole. He tilted his head forward, "Tell me if you want to stop."

I sucked in a breath.

He leaned closer, moving slowly, as if he were afraid he's break me. I brought my lips to his. It was a tender kiss. His lips were smooth against my own, they tasted amazing. He broke the kiss after a while.

He looked at me with an expression of shock and amazement. He pulled me up from the chair, "Lets go to bed, I'm sure your tired."

I looked at him with fear. Seeing the expression on my face he said, "No funny business, I know. Don't worry Alex, you will always be safe with me."

A/N:

I feel like my chapters are really short, so I'm sorry if that bother some people... How do you like Beautiful Nightmare so far? Tell me what you guys think in the comments!

~Sy <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kyle By Gabby

Werewolf

7.6K 524 25
Third story in the Alpha's Daughter and the Beta's son series. Kyle is now the alpha of the Nightshade pack and he is now looking for his mate. Wha...
416K 14.2K 22
Amber Kaela Vincent is a numbed she-wolf, meaning that she can't shift, well, that's what the doctors told her family. Embarrassed by their daughter'...
50.9K 2.1K 33
"Don't lose hope Isabella, and I won't lose you" **** Ever since her mother died, her father has abused her. She thought she was saved when she met...
1.4K 55 32
#4 in valedictorian Completed. Now available on Amazon Kindle. The voice in her mind constantly talked to her, questioning her, annoying her. Emi...