Hating You From The Beginning

By nessaceja

[COMPLETE] "You know for someone who's a virgin you sure do talk about sex a lot." He says. "You should see... More

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀
𝟭 | 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
𝟮 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟯 | 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻
𝟰 | 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗯
𝟱 | 𝗴𝘁𝗮
𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟳 | 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘀
𝟴 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟵 | 𝗷𝗼𝗯
𝟭𝟬 | 𝘁𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 
𝟭𝟭 | 𝗮𝘅𝗲𝗹
𝟭𝟮 | 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 
𝟭𝟯 | 𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟭𝟰 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟭𝟱 | 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟲 | 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟳 | 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹
𝟭𝟴 | 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝟭𝟵 | 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟮𝟬 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟮𝟭 | 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟮𝟮 | 𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮
𝟮𝟯 | 𝗷𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗻
𝟮𝟰 | 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁
𝟮𝟱 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝟮𝟲 | 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲
𝟮𝟳 | 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸
𝟮𝟴 | 𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆
𝟮𝟵 | 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹
𝟯𝟭 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀
𝟯𝟮 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟯𝟯 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟯𝟰 | 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟯𝟯 | 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱
𝟯𝟰 | 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱
𝟯𝟱 | 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝟯𝟲| 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 
𝟯𝟳 | 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆
𝟯𝟴 | 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿
𝟯𝟵 | 𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝟰𝟬 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟰𝟭 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟰𝟮 | 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁
𝟰𝟯 | 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝟰𝟰| 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸
𝟰𝟱 | 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲
𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟰𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝗲𝘂𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲

𝟯𝟬 | 𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀

13.6K 317 208
By nessaceja

kai knight.

"Wake up bitch it Christmas!"

Of course she was one of those kids. "Frick off Becca," I mumble into my pillow. "You heard her wake up it's Christmas." This time it was a deeper voice disturbing my slumber.

I adjust my eyes to the brightness and look down at my phone. 7:35 am.

I'm going to kill them. "Don't tell me you guys were those kids."

"Proudly. Now get your ass up and come downstairs." I grumble in annoyance and get out of bed. "At least give me five minutes to fix this," I say gesturing my body. They both let out a fine and leave.

Even though it's December, it's still hot as hell so I just throw on an oversized t-shirt and some jean shorts, along with my not-so-white vans. I put brush my hair real quick and add some mascara.

Yesterday we put all the gifts next to the tree so all I had to take was my phone. I head downstairs and find everyone waiting for me. Guilt rushes through me, "sorry for making you guys wait."

"No need Kai, we're used to this since the twins do this every year." Everyone is sitting around the tree in an un-even circle with only one space left between Kenzie and Roman who had Aria in his arms.

As soon as I take a seat Roman has a smug smile on his face, "what's up with you?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything instead he scans my shirt.

No not my shirt, his shirt.

I feel a blush creeping on me when I remember yesterday's events. Kenzie, Rebecca, Jaden, Roman, and I were all outside making a bonfire and I said something that pissed Roman of so he threw me in the pool again.

That asshole seemed to have forgotten I was wearing a white shirt, everything was see-through. Lucky I had a bra on but that didn't stop him from staring.

I started yelling at him until he gave me the shirt he was wearing, I guess I forgot to give it back.

"It looks better on me," I say with a shrug.

"Not arguing with you in that." He replies.

Oh god, not this again. I can't deal with the flirting because I know it doesn't mean anything to him.

A loud clap disrupts my thoughts, "okay kids we'll go in a circle starting from Rebecca going clockwise."

Rebecca is next to her dad who's next to her mom who's next to Roman who's next to me who's next to Kenzie who's next to Jaden.

I hope that made sense.

Rebecca opens her parent's gifts first. She got a new MacBook from them.

Oh-

I know that they're well off but damn.

Kenzie got her some jewelry and a record player, Jaden got her a gift card to bath and body works; of course, I had to help him with that. Roman got her a jacket I guess she's been wanting for a long time, Aria made her a drawing.

So cute.

"You didn't."

"I did."

She lets out a scream and leaps on me. Rebecca is like the biggest Harry Styles fan so I got her one of the new pieces from his merch line, and all the vinyl I could find to go along with her new record player. Me and Kenzie might've teamed up for that one.

"I love you both so much." She gets off of me and goes to hug Kenzie, "you can hug them later, get your ass down." Roman tells hers.

Next is her dad, the twins teamed up and got him a new watch. Their mom got him a set of new
cologne with a matching body wash. Kenzie got him a new phone case. Jaden gave him a gift card to the home depot; again I had to help. Mama raised us to never go to a house empty-handed so needless to say I had to help Jaden pick out a gift for everyone. I didn't know what to get him so I just got him a new wallet. Aria made his family portrait with blue stick figures.

It's the thought that counts. Plus it's adorable.

Next was their mom, the twins got her new mixer since she loves baking. Adrien got her a new necklace. Kenzie got her some earrings. Jaden got her a Starbucks gift card. Aria gave her the exact drawing she gave her grandpa but this one was in pink. The twins told me she loves vanilla-scented stuff so I got her any and everything vanilla I could find. "Kai honey you shouldn't have. Thank you."

"It's no problem," I reply with a smile. I'm glad she liked it.

Next was Roman. He places Aria in between us so he could open his gifts. His parents got him a new apple watch and AirPods.

fucking hell what I got him is nothing compared to that.

Rebecca got him a leather jacket that looks like it's worth more than my car. Next Kenzie got him a new silver chain so now he has two.

Yes believe it or not he's still wearing all the matching jewelry we got last time we were here. Including the ring.

Jaden got him a gift card for Hollister. Next was Aria who made him a card that was covered in every single color of crayons. He opened the card and a huge smile overtook his face and I think I even saw some tears forming.

"If you're wondering how it's all spelled correctly she begged me to help her spell the words, but everything is written done was her doing." His mom explains. That just makes his smile grow even bigger.

He picks her up and gives her a big hug, "thank you, princess. I love you."

"I love you more daddy."

A cheer or 'awes' erupts between all of us. This is truly the cutest thing ever. "Alright, and last but not least we have Kai," Rebecca says passing him my gifts.

He opens the smallest gift first which has a keychain with a picture engraved in it, with a date engraved in the back. The first night I spent here we was watching movies in his room with Aria and he fell asleep with her so I snapped a picture.

He looks up at me with a smile that I will never get used to. The only time he ever smiles is when we're here. "Thank you but shouldn't have."

"That's not it Grey."

He starts opening the bigger box which contains a new pair of matte black boxing gloves.

His current pair were getting worn out and the leather was chipping so I stole them,

Yes stole. Don't judge.

I found out his size and got him these cool black ones.

"How—"

"Don't ask." I cut him off.

"She stole your old pair last Saturday." Rebecca blurts out. 

I glare at her and start thinking of different explanations. "Stole is a bit dramatic. All I did was borrow your last pair which required you to borrow some from the club but I accidentally left them in a box in my closet and decided to just buy you these. Simple as that." I explain.

Yeah, everything is just said was a lie.

He lets out an amused laugh, "Is that so?"

I nod my head with innocent eyes.

"Well, then I am very grateful that you borrowed them. I love the gifts thank you Kai."

I give him a genuine smile. I'm happy he liked the stuff. It isn't much but I love the meanings behind the gifts.

"It's no big deal."

"Alright next is my bestie," Rebecca says while passing me the gifts.

I was surprised to see I had quite a bit of a gift. I honestly only expected to get a gift from Jaden.

First I open Sarah and Adrien's gift which was two Starbucks gift cards and a mug. Next was Rebecca who got me led lights for my room which I've been seeing all over TikTok, and a gift card to Victoria's secret.

I do wish that she wouldn't have given me that in front of my brother but whatever.

Next was Kenzie who got me a new morphe eyeshadow pallet, along with skincare stuff I've been wanting.

Next was Jaden but he stopped me before I could open the gift. "You might wanna open that later Lani."

"Okay. Thank you."

Next was Romans's gift which came in a Forevermark box.

Oh god.

I open it and find a beautiful silver necklace with a round diamond in the middle.

It's beautiful.

"Roman—"

"Don't even try." He interrupts me.

"But it's—"

"Just shut up and take it." Can he let me fishing a sentence for once?

"I hate you. But it's beautiful thank you." I smile at him, "do you mind?" I ask gesturing to the necklace. He takes the necklace and moves my hair to the side.

The simple gesture of his touch makes me get goosebumps.

He traces my neck with his fingers and clasps on the necklace. I suddenly remember that we're not alone so I distance myself from him and thank him.

"Not so fast you still have one more," Rebecca says while handing me a paper wrapped with a pink ribbon which I immediately recognize as Arias's signature for all the drawings she's given today.

I look down at her and give her a big smile. I unravel the ribbon and open the paper to find three colored stick figures.

"That's daddy, that's me, and that's you."

Oh my god, I'm gonna cry.

But I don't.

I can't.

I should be happy about this but it's just a reminder that Roman and I can never happen.

Not that I want something to happen.

But I would be lying if I said, I haven't grown attached to this little girl in the little time I've spent with her.

"I love it. Thank you so much, Ar." That's the new nickname we came up with her yesterday. She heard my brother call me Lani and now she's in love with it so that's what she calls me now.

"You're welcome, Lani."

I look up to Roman and find him with an unreadable expression.

happy?

mad?

It's so hard to read this man.

Kenzie and Jaden finish opening their gifts. I got Kenzie a poster of Paul Wesley.

I may or may not have gotten the same one for me but with Joseph Morgan.

I also got her a ring light since she's been obsessed with making tiktoks lately.

I got Jaden a signed Jersey from his favorite team which was a pain in the ass to get, but it was worth it.

"Lani," Jaden grabs my attention. "Can we go outside? Bring your gift."

I nod and grab the little box he gave me and follow him to the backyard.

"What's up with all the secrecy?" I ask once we're outside.

"Well, I don't know if everyone knows about certain details so I decided it would be better if we were alone." He states looking kind of nervous.

Now I'm nervous

"Okay.." I slowly start opening the box. As soon as the lid is off I feel the tears start to form.

I choke back a sob before attempting to talk, "how? Jaden how did you get this."

I delicately start taking the rose gold-shaped pendant necklace out of the box, carefully examining it.

"I got a call from the sheriff's office two days after Thanksgiving. They found it near the scene and bagged it in evidence but somehow they forgot they lost it. They found it and gave me a call asking if I wanted to pick it up. I know mom would've wanted you to have it so here we are." He explains looking nervous, waiting for my reaction.

I never thought I would see this again. It was my mom's prized possession. Back when Robert was actually a father he took 6-year-old me and 9 year old Jaden to the mall to pick out this rose gold heart-shaped locket. On one side was a picture of Jaden and me and on the other was a picture of Mom and the two of us. Mom was wearing it the night of the accident and I thought I would never see it again.

Now it's in my palms.

"Lani, please say something."

I can't form a sentence instead I thrown myself on Jaden clinging of for dear life.

This is the first time since the funeral that I've cried over my mom. It feels good to do so.

"Thank you." I manage to sob out.

This. This moment with my brother, the person I love most in the world. This reminds me I'm not alone and that I have someone that will always love and care about me.

okay okay, i caved 😫✋🏼 I just really wanted to post a chapter and well here it is:)

also i think my writers block was mainly bc a) i dokt want this story to end but i think it's safe to say that by the end of june it'll be complete 😪 and b) i was just not feeling this chapter that why it took me a total of 3 day to write ! the longest i've spent on a chapter was a full day 😫✋🏼 anyways yeahh

kk bye:)

published 4•29•21

word count: 2286

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 70.9K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...
2.8M 100K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
244K 12.7K 42
Nico Chavez doesn't get lucky breaks. He's from the roughest part of Boston and has been dealt a shitty hand. With two younger sisters to care for an...
391K 8.9K 44
sequel to 'hating you from the beginning.' READ BOOK 1 FIRST! ~ "I know I know." I rub my face. "Why am I at your house?" I ask. "I wasn't going to...