JUST BEST FRIENDS

By Samfreddy

Have you ever been madly in love with your childhood best friend, but they never loved you the same way? I me... More

CHAPTER 1: THE CHALLENGE.
CHAPTER 2: THE TURN DOWN.
CHAPTER 3: HOPE.
CHAPTER 4: SWEET CANDY.
CHAPTER 5: TRUTH OR DARE.
CHAPTER 6: THE PROMISE.
CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.
CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.
CHAPTER 9: THE REQUEST.
CHAPTER 10: ALL THE BEST.
CHAPTER 11: THE WARNING.
CHAPTER 13: A BIG MISTAKE.
CHAPTER 14: A SAD LOSS.
CHAPTER 15: A BLOODY NIGHTMARE.
CHAPTER 16: EMOTIONS.
CHAPTER 17: HAKUNA MATATA.
CHAPTER 18: FINAL WARNING.
CHAPTER 19: SUGAR AND SPICE.
CHAPTER 20: SHOTS GONE WRONG.
CHAPTER 21: LOVE IS BLIND.
CHAPTER 22: CHAOS.
CHAPTER 23: REVELATIONS.
CHAPTER 24: WELCOME TO LAGOS, BABY.
CHAPTER 25: LOVE OR LUST?
CHAPTER 26: PROOF.
CHAPTER 27: MAYHEM.
CHAPTER 28: INDECISION.
CHAPTER 29: HEART TO HEART.
CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.
CHAPTER 31: PEACE OF MIND.
CHAPTER 32: CONSEQUENCES.
CHAPTER 33: COMPLICATIONS.
CHAPTER 34: RECONCILIATION.
CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.
CHAPTER 36: DEEP REGRET.
CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.
CHAPTER 38: THE BIG NEWS.
CHAPTER 39: A DREAM COME TRUE.
CHAPTER 40: MEMORIES.
CHAPTER 41: HOMICIDE.
CHAPTER 42: GOODBYE.
CHAPTER 43: RIP.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BOOK PROMOTION.

CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.

733 182 16
By Samfreddy

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.

-
-
-

Tuesday. 9:01 AM.

A fancy, snow-white Mercedes Benz pulled up into the spacious corridor of a huge mansion which looked like something from paradise itself. After turning off the ignition, a well-built man stepped out of the car and went over to the other side to open the car door for his newfound pretty young thing.

Chattering, they both walked into the building while holding hands as if they were long-term friends or inseparable lovers from a romantic soap opera.

When they arrived at the biggest living room, the fairsome lady saw a lot of expensive furniture that ornamented the whole place like King Solomon's palace, but the most important items she noticed were the picture frames on the walls. In them, she saw photographs of the same man standing beside her, and his family: a very beautiful, thick woman and two fine children-a boy and a girl.

"Wow. They look like you o!" Candice said in admiration. "I mean, the kids."

Titus smiled proudly. "I know, angel. I get that a lot."

"Ha! I bet it makes you feel good."

"Of course, why not?"

Candice smirked. "I figured. And, um, I have to admit, your wife is a very good-looking woman, Titus. She's even more shapely than me."

"Says who?" The smile on Titus' face waned away at that. "God forbid. She's an old creature. I wish I met you before I married her, angel. You are everything a real man needs in his life."

Candice felt so flattered that her head almost popped like a balloon. "Aww, that's so sweet of you, Titus. But, er, where are they all now?"

"My wife and kids?"

"Yes, your family." Candice confirmed. "I hope they're not around o, because I don't want anybody to break my small head with a very strong mortar like this."

Titus laughed, draping his arm around Candice's waist. "Don't be afraid, angel. They travelled to Benin City just yesterday, and they won't be back till Friday. So, it's just you, me and my gateman on this premises, baby. We have all the time in the world to flex."

Candice was deeply relieved to hear that. "Okey-dokey, Mr. Titus. If you say so."

"Come on, angel." Titus whined, his face expressionless. "Why don't you bless me with a pet name instead of addressing me by my name every time?"

"Really?" Candice chuckled. "You want a pet name? Like what?"

"I don't know. Just anything nice you can think of."

Putting a finger on her chin, Candice gave it some thought before saying, "Um, how 'bout Chinchilla?"

"God forbid." Titus snapped his fingers over his head for emphasis. "Give me a better one, baby."

"Sunflower?"

"No, it sounds girlish. Try again."

"Tootsy-wootsy?"

"No." Titus shook his head. "Too childish. You can do better."

This time around, Candice looked him deep in the eyes, and then said, "Okay. So what do you think 'bout Obim?"

"Kai." Titus' face lit up at that. "I love it, angel. The way you pronounced it sef is enough to make a man release in his pants."

Candice laughed. "You are not serious o," she rolled her eyes as Titus playfully kissed her soft, left cheek. "Nawa o. You didn't even offer me a seat sef. How ungentlemanly of you, Obim."

"I am so sorry, my lady. Please, seat down." Titus said softly, collecting Candice's handbag with great care. "Would you like a drink?"

"Yes, please." Candice sat down comfortably on his sofa. "I'd appreciate that."

"Sweet! Which one?" Titus dropped Candice's bag on his clean glass table. "Soft or alcoholic?"

"Alcoholic, for sure."

Titus nodded and went to grab two bottles of Heineken from his fridge, then he went to the bar and took two tumblers before joining Candice on the warm and comfy sofa.

"Your house is very nice, Obim." Candice complimented, as Titus handed her a half-glass of beer. "You have no idea how lucky you are to have such a huge crib, man."

"Well, what can I say?" Titus filled his tumbler to the brim and simpered. "It's God's doing, my dear damsel."

"Spot on, dear." Candice reclined on the sofa and placed her feet on Titus' thigh. "Could you kindly massage 'em for me, hunnie?"

"Sure, love." Titus nodded, tickling the soles of Candice's sleek feet, making her laugh out loud as if she were insane.

Accidentally, the tumbler fell off from Candice's hand and broke on the marble floor.

"Oh my gosh!" Candice jumped off the sofa in grave shock. "I am so, so, so, so sorry. Gosh!"

"No, baby. Don't apologize." Titus dropped his tumbler on the table and stood up sharply. "You did nothing wrong. I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

"No, it's not. It's mine."

"I insist. It's my fault." Titus placed his hand on Candice's cheek. "But don't worry about it, though. I'll clean it up later."

Candice furrowed her eyebrows. "I should be the one to clean it nau."

"Like I said, don't worry about it. I'll personally take care of it, angel."

"Okay. Thank you. But what exactly do you want me to do sef?" Candice inquired whilst making heavy eye contact with Titus. "I mean, how should I make it up to you, love? 'Cause I still believe I am at fault here."

Titus caressed Candice's cheek, thinking.

"Hmm... I have an idea," he finally said, after five seconds. "A very nasty idea."

"Go on. Tell me." Candice grinned, moving closer to Titus' body. "Nasty C is my middle name."

"Woo, I like that!" Titus put his other hand on Candice's backside. "Have you ever given any man a tantalizing mouth action, baby?"

"Yes, of course." Candice said proudly. "And I'm a legit pro at it sef."

"Kai, that's good to know." Titus grabbed Candice's butt so hard, as if he was squeezing common paper. "I wonder how you look like when you're totally naked."

Candice planted a soft kiss on Titus' lips, and then said, "Why wonder, when I could actually show you all my glory?"

With a crooked smile in place, Titus said, "Wow! In fact, you know what? Just come with me, angel. Let's bounce to my bedroom upstairs and get freaky!"

__________

2:59 PM.

Walking into a big eatery, Idara looked around carefully for Isioma, but she couldn't see her no matter how hard she tried. Idara was confused, because Isioma was the same person who told her earlier over a phone call to meet her here by three o' clock on the dot, and she seemed to be so serious about it then.

But now that Idara was here on time, Isioma was nowhere to be found.

In her state of worry, Idara's phone beeped in her purse, indicating a text message. When she checked her notification panel, she saw a message from Isioma which read:

"Hi, Idara. I can see you. Walk down to the other end of the restaurant. I'm right here."

Hopefully, Idara obeyed, and, indeed, she found Isioma sitting right there, all alone.

"Where were you before?" Idara chuckled, sitting on the opposite side of the table. "I can swear I never saw you here when I scanned the area."

Isioma grinned. "Yeah, true. I was actually in the restroom out back. I just came back, like, a minute ago or something. Sorry I kept you waiting, baby girl."

"Nah, it's fine. I haven't even spent up to five minutes here."

"Cool." Isioma's grin widened as she extended a hand to Idara. "Thanks for coming, by the way."

"Sure thing." Idara shook Isioma's hand without hesitation. "I'm happy to see you, you know."

"Me, too." Isioma slowly pulled her hand back. "So, um, what can I get you, baby girl? Food? A drink? You name it."

"Nah, don't bother. I'm okay. Thanks."

Isioma grimaced at that. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Like, really, really sure?" She gazed at Idara through squinted eyes.

"Yep. Very sure."

"Okay, then." Isioma shrugged. "Your wish is my command."

Idara simply smiled in response.

"So, I'm thinking you're probably wondering why I called you here, right?"

Idara nodded. "Damn right."

"Thought so." Isioma laced her fingers together on the table. "Well, the reason why we're both here is based on the relationship between your crush and his girlfriend."

Idara's eyes widened. "I'm sorry? My crush?"

"Yes, indeed. Yomi, to be exact."

Isioma's reply permeated Idara's head at once. "Wait, what makes you think I'm into him, though?"

Isioma smirked. "Come on, Dara. I'm a woman, too. All these things na norms for us, so no dey try deny am, abeg," she said. "Even a blind dude can easily see that you're attracted to Daddy Yo, big time."

"Wow." Idara glanced away shyly. "I didn't know it was that obvious sha."

"Yeah." Isioma's smirk turned into a full smile. "But it's cool, though. I mean, it's just human nature, yeah?"

"Yeah. Right." Idara smiled back, feeling at ease. "So you were saying something about Yomi and Candice's relationship."

"Yeah, about that... Um-" Isioma started toying with her fingers, "-it's kinda complicated, though."

"Complicated, how?"

Isioma sighed. "Okay, so here's what's up. Listen carefully."

That said, Isioma started narrating the story from the quarrel she had with Candice last week Wednesday, to the enlightening discussion she had with Jordan last week Sunday. By the time Isioma completed her story, Idara was highly mesmerized.

"My God!" Idara rubbed her hands over her face, processing Isioma's story, bit by bit. "I'm lost for words, Isioma."

"Been there." Isioma shrugged a shoulder. "I can relate, big time. Some human beings sha. Chai!"

Idara shook her head in wonder. "This is very pathetic."

"And inhumane." Isioma said flatly. "I mean, sure, Candice is my friend, but I don't support her lifestyle at all. She's too money-minded and heartless. Sometimes, I feel like she must've sold her soul to Lucifer, because she has no conscience, for real. Candice is not the type of girl Yomi should be dating, if he loves his life."

"True talk." Idara agreed. "And I'm not just saying this because I'm jealous of her or whatever. Hell no! I concur with you because I know that Candice is a very dangerous person, judging from the experience I had with her two days ago."

Isioma frowned. "What happened?"

"Mmm." Idara shuddered at the memory. "Would you believe that Candice actually threatened me with a knife in Yomi's kitchen?"

"What? Why?!"

"Because she thought that there was something going on between Yomi and I." Idara answered honestly. "In fact, she swore that she'd mess me up the next time she sees me staring at him. Can you imagine?"

"Ah!" Isioma exclaimed, wide-eyed. "That is terrible! I hope she didn't hurt you, Dara?"

"Nope. She didn't."

"Phew. Thank God o!" Isioma raised her hands up, as if she were offering a sacrifice to the Almighty Father. "Baba God I thank You for Your grace over my baby girl. You too much, Papa. Nothing do You, Sir!"

"Yes o!" Idara concurred, biting back a smile. "Thank You, Lord."

"Naso!" said Isioma. "You know, Candice is a maniac. A complete psychopath who has no regard for human life." She cleared her throat, rolling up her sleeves. "I know this because I've seen her fight with somebody once. She would've beaten that poor girl into a coma if people hadn't intervened on time. So if I were you, I wouldn't take her threat lightly at all. Report to the police or the school authority, for your own good."

"Mmm." Idara found wisdom in Isioma's words. "Sounds plausible. I'll try."

Isioma managed a smile. "Please do. Okay?"

Idara nodded, sensing Isioma's concern. "I will, for real. Don't worry."

Isioma almost grinned, but the look of excitement on her face faded out immediately she looked behind Idara. "Heck! Speak of the devil!"

"Huh?"

"Look far behind you," said Isioma. "Carefully."

Idara followed Isioma's line of sight and spotted Candice and a light-skinned guy walking into the eatery. The guy's hand was on Candice's hip while Candice's arm was draped around his lean shoulders.

Candice didn't even see Idara and Isioma because she was completely engrossed in a conversation with the pretty boy.

When Candice and her loverboy had secured a table together, the first thing Isioma advised Idara to do was to inform Yomi about it, and, as expected, Idara agreed with every fiber of her being.

She took her phone and texted Yomi with, "Guy, where ar u now?"

Yomi's message popped in in less than fifteen seconds. "I'm in jaja hall with ma gees... Wudup?"

"See, just kum over to shop 39 ASAP. Dere's sumtin I wnt u 2 see."

Is anyone still following this wonderful story? 🥺💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 1K 61
Isrealla morenike Jones..... An introverted, intelligent and lovable girl who wants nothing more than to be accepted, appreciated and loved. Both by...
305K 51K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
41.8K 4.9K 44
"I used to think my life was perfect, until I realized that perfection is impossible." _____________________________________________ Kolupo is a Nige...
15.3K 1.9K 31
FEATURED AND PUBLISHED AS A PAID NOVEL ON WEBNOVEL Meet Omotara Evelyn Banks also known as Tara Banks. An entrepreneur, a nurse & a model. Beautiful...