A SECOND CHANCE OF LOVE

By moonsun_light0726

Karla Estrabao, the heir of Estrabao TechGroup, 18yrs of age when she left LA leaving her stable life to feel... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Final Chapter
STORY UPDATE!!

15

189 12 0
By moonsun_light0726

LAUREN was pacing back and forth inside the conference room, after a good lunch with Ally, Justin and Dinah earlier, she thinks clearly, it gives her strength to continue because she meant it that she almost lost hope about finding the real reason and real culprit and also her explanation. Normani hasn't replied yet and every second she was nervous.

***

NORMANI was about to swipe the card to enter the conference room when she noticed Camila.

"What's wrong?"

Camila shook her head, "nothing..."

"You don't have to hide from me, you're nervous of meeting her again, aren't you?" and Camila's silence says it all, "I can't give you enough time now, we need to make this fast," and she swipe the card and it beeped then the door opened, she grab the handle and pulled it.

They both entered the conference room, Camila followed behind Normani, gulping because her heart is beating rapidly.

"Ms Jauregui," Normani called and she got smiled when she notice her froze while looking at her side, "I got your request but Ms Karla here wanted to hear your explanation why you're requesting those documents."

Lauren gulped and cleared her throat then nodded, "of course."

Camila took a steps towards Lauren and slowly handed her hand to the raven haired beauty, 'it was her eyes that is emerald, it's her,' "Karla Estrabao, CEO."

Lauren stare and the hand of Camila, she was longing to hold that hand that she always held before, she tightened her jaw, restraining herself to not throw herself towards Camila, she missed her, so much then she accepted the hand that she wishes to hold for eternity, "Lauren Jauregui, Ms Karla, your new Accounting President in AD1."

Series of scenarios that is flashing in Camila's mind, it's like a camera, a negative film, like a video playing, some are still blurry but some are not, she remembers now that she once fell in love with the woman that was in front of her then she gently grip the hand, afraid to let it go, while looking at those emerald eyes, "I apologize for not welcoming you properly," she said sincerely without leaving her eyes to Lauren's, "but I will this time, welcome to ETG, Ms Jauregui."

"Thank you, Ms Karla," she replied with a smile.

And Camila nodded, she felt at ease, calm and refreshed when she saw her smile.

Normani hold back her smile by biting her lips, she really wanted to get her phone to capture this moment or video it so Ally and Dinah can see it, but not now so she cleared her throat.

Both women let go of each other's hands, feeling all shy.

Lauren bit her lips and cleared her throat, "so, my explanation, please," and she sighed, "as you can see, the documents that was place on this table is somehow connected to the problem right now, all of these are connected, allies to do a chemical weapon."

Camila and Normani shared a look when they heard Lauren, both are gasping.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm afraid to say this, but yes, I don't know what kind of chemical weapon they creating, for 2yrs Ms Karla, almost 4million dollars was lost, with those amount they can build or make, whatever they are doing, the lost money is funded to that weapon, Ally Brooke just gave me their latest and still the same, formulas, some are nuclears and others that I don't know because I'm not a military man myself, but I'm telling you, I think they are trying to conquer the US and other rich nations."

Camila pulled a chair and sat down rubbing her face in frustration because this is surely a national threat to mankind.

Lauren gulped because she wanted to embrace Camila, to comfort her and she's restraining herself by doing so, by clenching her fists.

Normani then said, "what you will be doing to the documents you requested?"

"To support my theories, like evidences because I'm sure they will deny it and can be bailed out easily, with these documents we can put them behind bars and there's no way we will let them escape."

Normani nodded, "you're right," and handed the device, "I will teach you how to activate this."

Lauren accepted it, "thank you..."

"You need to slow down from this day on, Ms Jauregui," Camila said.

"What do you mean?"

"I know Ari already told you that there are someone who work under them that still works here, remember Tristan?" and she saw her nod, "his name is not Tristan but Theodore Mendes and he's not alone, Ms Jauregui, he's not alone, he's not an employee here, someone let him in freely," and she looked at to Normani, "please call Ally and Justin, I want both of them here in the conference room, right now."

And Normani nodded then left the conference room.

Lauren's fists are clenching because she really wanted to comfort Camila and she's afraid what she might think of what she's going to do so she stayed where she was standing.

Camila was still sitting on the leather chair, heads down but she felt Lauren's comforting presence and that's enough, "I'm sorry if the problem welcomed you here, Ms Jauregui."

"Lauren will be fine," and she blushed when Camila looked at her, her hands are fidgeting, "of course out of the company."

And Camila nodded with a smile, "Karla then."

And Lauren nodded, "Camz..." she mumbled.

Camila widened her eyes when she heard that nickname and stared at Lauren, "w—"

Camila's words were cut by the opening of the door and Normani, followed by Ally and Justin who stepped inside of the conference room.

"Mila I just told them to brought their laptops, is that okay? Because I felt that they needed it."

Camila cleared her throat, "y-yeah, that's fine, I forgot to tell you," and she stood, "Ally, Justin, I don't know if—"

"We know her," Ally said and jog towards Lauren and embrace her, "you made a mess here, Laur."

"You know me Alz, I go with my pace."

"That's good because we can show what we're capable of if we go on our pace," Justin said, placing the laptops on the conference table.

Ally looked at Lauren and she smirked at her, "you finally see her," she whispered to Lauren and she saw her nod, "how do you feel?"

"I really want to jump towards her," Lauren replied in same manner so Camila wouldn't hear, "seeing her so down earlier I want to comfort her," and she receives a pat on her back and she smiled at Ally.

"If biggy is here, she surely shrieked."

"I know."

"You may be wondering why I called you here, Ally and Justin," and she typed some on the laptop, disabling the CCTV on the conference room.

"Looks like we need to keep this on secret," Justin said when he noticed what Camila is doing.

"Yes, we need to," and she took the flash drive on her pocket once it's done, "I got permission from the secretary of defense and also to the President and we're using this flash drive, this is not the usual flash drive."

"Woah, really?" Ally asked.

"Yes, Alz, and it looks like they are expecting this kind of problem," and she looked at to Lauren, "Lauren?"

Lauren cleared her throat and nodded, "the latest you just gave me, gives me an initial view point of what's really the problem that we're facing, on the past two years before the mysterious disappearance of some employees and forging the reports, almost 4 million dollars was lost in ETG that give justice to what you guys found, formulas, it was chemical formulas after all."

"Woah, chemical formulas?" and Justin looked at to Camila and he saw her nod, "we need to sped up of what we are doing, but why here in the conference room?"

"There's a reason why," and Camila sighed, "two of your lower staff is working on our unknown enemy."

"Oh my God..."

"I knew it," Justin said and he looked at to Camila, "Spencer and Daniel, am I right?"

"Yes and they're not alone."

"How did you know?" Ally asked Justin.

"Constant asking of what I am doing, they're the only ones who's been asking that to me since I started working here, babe, we're doing the basic stuff so why asked me? And earlier they didn't know that I got what they're trying to implant," and he placed a device then looked at to Camila, "you know what this is."

Camila grabs the device and stared at the device, "it's a clean-up device."

"Yes, don't worry I got it all covered, it's me and Ally that can access this and no one else," "babe?"

Ally nodded and gave a flash drive to Camila, "here, an access drive so you can go in and out of the program."

Camila accepted the access drive, "from now on, no one will know that we now have access, don't tell anyone, even the military," and she looked at to Justin, "cover your tail," and handed the flash drive.

"Got it," and he accepted the flash drive from Camila and stuck it on the laptop and quickly do his work, "come on now, babe, we don't have time."

"Oh sorry," and Ally proceeded to the other laptop.

"I'll do the cover on our tail, you go to the program."

"Got it," and they switched laptop.

"Lauren, of course," and Normani proceeded to demonstrate how to use the device.

Camila on the other hand was secretly staring at Lauren. Unknown to her Ally saw it and Justin just shook his head with a smile.

"Babe, I really want to take a video but we had some work to do, we can solve it later," Ally whispered.

And Justin chuckled then nodded in understanding.

***

IT'S been 5 days since they began to work in the conference room, Ally, Justin and Lauren used it as their office, especially Lauren since her office at AD1 is still incomplete and beginning Monday, Kirsten will be no longer her VP and been transferred to New York as Justin's swap. It saddens Lauren but she hope that the new VP will also be like Kirsten.

Lauren stretches her body and was about to grab her bottle water to drink but it's already empty so she stood, bottle water in hand.

"Where were you going, Laur?"

"Need to refill my bottle water," and shake her empty bottle water.

"I can do it for you," Justin presented ready to stand up.

"I appreciate the offer Justin but I need this to think," and she stood.

"Okay, if you say so."

So Lauren left.

***

CAMILA on the other hand just left AD1 to check the new office of Lauren and the designer did as what they've told. She was about to walk towards the exclusive elevator when she saw Lauren inside the other elevator bottle water in hand, she got smile and soon it faded when she saw a familiar man behind Lauren dressed as janitor. She was about to run towards the other elevator when it closed, she cursed because she was late. She had no other choice but to follow where it headed, she saw the elevator reached 8th floor when it opened her jaw tightened because her suspicions is right, it was Theodore and he's going after Lauren.

She grabbed her phone contacting Normani's number while skipping steps on the stairs down to the parking lot.

"MANI, LOCK THE ETG, NOW!"

"Mila, what happened?"

"Theodore is here and he's after Lauren, I'm following them! Use my access and tell Thomas to capture those suspicious employees, now!"

"Got it!" and the call ended.

Camila slowly opened the emergency door to the parking lot, just in time she saw Theodore, Lauren on his shoulder, carrying the unconscious woman. She needs to be careful or Lauren will be hurt, so slowly she followed them hiding on the parked cars. She saw him stopped so she stopped and slowly untying her necktie, she hold it tight on its far end and slowly crept behind him while he's preparing to leave while unconscious Lauren was leaned on the car. She saw Theodore and she knew he noticed her presence, it swing its arms but she was ducked down, after swinging its arms backwards she followed an upper cut hitting his chin and lose his balance grabbing his jaw, Camila turned her tie around his hand but Theodore was quick to recover and pull Camila by his left arm where his hand was tied, but Camila was quick to counter and she spins after tying successfully the other hand and grab the other hand and tied it too.

"I didn't expect that you're good in self-defense, Karla, or will I call you Camila?" he said, smirking while his both hands were tied and Camila was holding tight the tie preventing him from pulling her.

Camila smirked, "I just don't trust people easily Theodore," she said between gritted teeth planting firmly her feet to the ground so Theodore will not pull her, she pulled him hard at once and greeted him with a kick up to his chin causing Theodore to jump and she never let him go so she flip the tie so Theodore's left will move to the right side and vice versa, she quickly continue her tying Theodore moving to his back and tied the tie on his back quickly, "good job for hiding for so long in my company Theodore but too bad I got a good employees unlike you," and she kick him causing Theodore to run forward quickly and caused him to flip and fall to the ground sliding up to the post, she saw that he's unconscious, "and my name is Camila Karla Estrabao Cabello, idiot," and she pressed the red button on the post, sending signal to the security that something happened in the parking lot.

The security will know where it alarmed because each post had alarms and its span is 5 car lot numbers. She waited for the security to respond because she can't risk for him to escape, she kept her eyes on the unconscious man on the floor, tied up.

"Ms Karla!"

Camila raised her arm, eyes still focused on the man. She saw the security through his peripheral vision, even Thomas was there.

"Ms Karla, are you hurt?" Thomas asked.

Camila shook her head and pointed the man, "interrogate him, we will not let the military or the police force to know about this, so Thomas use your specialty."

"Copy that, Ms Karla."

Thomas and the other was about to grab Theodore but Camila notice his left leg so she step on that leg that makes Theodore screamed in pain. Thomas quickly grabs Theodore and pulled him.

"Just be thankful, Ms Karla kept you alive but if you didn't cooperate you will receive a special seat to hell," Thomas whispered to Theodore, "you better cooperate with us."

"Do everything you can for him to talk."

"Yes, Ms Karla, and Miss, from 15 that I send were down to 12, they're all captured and one injured because he tried to kill himself."

Camila nodded, "do what you can."

"Yes, Ms Karla," and they left the parking lot.

Two of the security was dragging Theodore, since one of his legs might be broken.

Camila watch them leave then she stood walking towards where Lauren was, she grabs her phone once more and called Normani.

"Oh my God, Mila, are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm fine, Mani, and I'm in the parking lot, send a message to the President in each department that all employees will go home early and keep this all a secret and take a day off tomorrow, as to AD1 tell Kirsten too."

"All of them?"

"Yes, Mani, all of them, except of course to the securities, I will just call Thomas later."

"Okay, how's Lauren?"

Camila sighed, watching Lauren, "she's still unconscious, tell Ally and Dinah to went straight to the mansion, I'm taking Lauren there."

"Yes, the mansion is safe, I will tell them."

"And also take Lauren's things including the documents I think Ally and Dinah knows how to arrange them."

"I will tell them, see you later."

"See you later," and she stuffed back her phone to her pocket, she held Lauren's shoulder so it will not fall, "I'm sorry if this happened to you, I didn't mean to drag you in this situation," she said while caressing Lauren's cheek, "I'm sorry, Lauren," and on her thoughts a female voice called her Camz then she remember that Lauren mumbled it 5 days ago, in the conference room, she guided her head down to her shoulder then carried her securely on her arms, bridal style then move to where her car was.

A/N: I'm currently writing a JenLisa ff, I will post it soon and hope you like it. Don't worry though, I'm still writing a Camren ff.

Feel free to comment and sugggest! Thanks for your votes and your time reading this. Thank you! See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
102K 3.8K 35
Meet Dinah Jane Hansen, a well known video and music producer who got into the business at the age of 19. She's hard working and smooth with the ladi...
1.1K 25 7
Lauren Jauregui is a 20 year old agent hired by Karla Estrabao's father to be her bodyguard. Karla is a famous actress in Hollywood. Even though she'...
3.3K 100 13
Camila Cabello was a mystery to everyone; sweet, charming, beautiful beyond compare. But there was just one thing that most people feared: the Cabell...