A Black Shonen Story: Beginni...

By TheWriterBlackWolf

These short stories serve as a prequel to my novel series Black Shonen. Black Shonen focuses on teenage secre... More

The Crows:
The Scrub-Dogs
The Coffin of Star
Sol Pepper V. Juliet Valentine
The Mads
The Mads and the Green Knight
The Training arc of the True Twins
The Battle of Cookie
Shawn Bolt the Mighty
Juliet Valentine The Hero

True Twins

15 2 0
By TheWriterBlackWolf

Black Shonen-Beginnings:

The True Twins

Isaac True

Johnnie Sr. stared at the tube of green liquid, holding the developing embryo within. The scientist smiled at his work; Soon his barren lover would have a child of her own. A child that could protect her when The Old Man wasn't around. Was it wrong to trick such a woman who couldn't have a child without him? This woman's one dream would have been diminished if they never met. No, he loved Bridget Lock and would do anything to see that brown face smile. To see her carrying her child and share that warmth of motherhood, she deserved it! So the mad man went on with his experiments and his lover wouldn't know until years later.

***

Ten Years Later...

Bridget Lock walked down the streets of her hometown, The Jungle. Bridget's companion was her ten-year-old son Isaac True. The hometown of the woman was a place that had made itself one with nature. The houses were made out of large trees, and some stood several feet in the sky held by extremely strong branches, and some houses looked like they had grown out of the ground themselves. The smaller trees served as apartments and everywhere people had become fused with nature, growing food, adopting light livestock, and learning how to live off the earth. The Jungle was a mostly peaceful place, however, new faces were slowly showing up.

It was late when Bridget and Isaac had come home from the grocery store to get some items that weren't grown in The Jungle. The young woman could just see the large autumn leaves of her apartments when several men got in their way.

"Hey, it's a Saturday night." One of the men said, he was a fair skinned man with scraggly blond hair, "You look like your tryna party?"

"No," Bridget Lock said, "I got to get home to my mother and feed my Boo Boo," the woman looked down at her child, "We lost time at the grocery store, didn't we Isaac?"

Isaac looked up at his mother and held her hand tightly with a nod, "Now it's time for dinner and video games."

"Oh look at that." Said one of the other men with a green jacket, "I play games too."

"Well, that's great." Bridget said with a smile and a tug of Isaac's hand, "But we have to go."

"Hey," Said the man in the green jacket; "I want to play some games with you."

"You play games with a controller." Isaac blurted.

The other man grabbed the boy's shoulder, "Hey talk to me while my friend talks to your mom."

"I don't know you." Isaac said, tearing himself away from the man, "My dad said don't talk to strangers and kick their butt if they mess with your mom!"

Bridget's right fist clobbered the man in the green jacket; he went down with a smack on the ground.

"Hey, bitch." Said the other man.

The man choked Bridget, slamming her on the ground, "fucking slut, you could have taken your child home and have some fun with us, know I'm about to have some fun with you."

"LEAVE MY MOM ALONE!"

Bridget Lock and her attacker could hardly believe what they saw. Magenta veins had covered Isaac's body, the boy's eyes burned bright and fire and lightning swirled around his frame, like a protective pet. With a scream, the boy threw up his hands, magenta energy burst from his body, and blinded everyone in a brilliant explosion.

When Bridget was able to see again she saw nothing of the men besides silver ashes, and her son was sleeping soundly on her lap with residents circling them with a worried expression. The young woman had lied about the events, how could she tell them the truth, that her son was filled with unbridled power? From that day forward, The Jungle of the State of the Bear called that day "The Bombing of Ash."

Johnnie True

Johnnie Sr. stared at the tube of green liquid, holding the developing embryo within. The scientist smiled at his work; Soon his barren lover would have a child of her own. A child that could protect her when The Old Man wasn't around. Was it wrong to trick such a woman who couldn't have a child without him? This woman's one dream would have been diminished if they never met. No, he loved Bridget Lock and would do anything to see that brown face smile. To see her carrying her child and share that warmth of motherhood, she deserved it! So the mad man went on with his experiments and his lover would die never knowing the truth.

***

Thirteen Years Later....

It was a hot summer day in Oak City within The State of the Bear. An old man dressed in a tan trench coat made from hemp, followed by blue sweats, and sandals with socks walked into a desecrated bar, with his thirteen-year-old son following behind. The inside of the bar smelled like piss and beer, the floorboards were decorated with cracks, and bugs scurried about. The tables were mostly stained and housed broken and dangerous people. The old man named Johnnie Sr. sat down with his son Johnnie Jr.

"What are we doing here father?" The teenager asked.

The old man sighed, took out a joint, lit it, inhaled, and exhaled, "I'm looking for the plant to power the Warp Circle."

Johnnie Jr. sighed, "Are you still on about that dad?"

"Son," said The Old Man, "This world is barely holding by a strand, and I want you to live."

"The World's fine." Said Johnnie Jr.

The Old Man gave a worn smile at his son, "Maybe in the eyes of a child, people here are mostly broken, there's no light left on this planet, people have devolved into savages. This is no place for you to die, boy."

The doors opened revealing a man in a torn worn gray jacket, his pants littered with holes, his steel toe boots the only thing to look new on him. He swiftly walked into the wreck of a bar and sat down in front of the two Johnnie's.

"You Johnnie Sr."

The Old Man nodded.

The man dressed in worn clothes reached in his jacket and took out a pistol.

"Ah, Erased." Said The Old Man.

The man shot Johnnie Sr. in the chest, but Johnnie Sr. gave his mischievous hermit smile. A Venus Fly-Trap escaped from the old man's flesh and sunk its carnivorous fangs into the face of the worn gunslinger. The plant munched through the man's skin, ate his soft eyeballs, and devoured his entire cranium The other members of the bar chose not to look, they chose not to pay attention, and they heard the tale of the Mad Plant Man and his Wild Dog.

"C'mon son." Said Johnnie Sr., "Guess we got to look elsewhere."

The people of the bar stared as the old man and his son left.

Saving The Parents

Part 1:Dungeon

Isaac in his young years had gone through all types of older adversaries trying to gain the love of his mother, who already had someone! Isaac's father was for all purposes a Mad Botanist that went by the name Johnnie Sr., The old man worked for The one world government "Black Science." Black Science was a very demanding organization, which would leave fourteen-year-old Isaac and his mom with his grandmother most of the time. However, the hole his father left was the main reason Isaac usually had to battle people more than twice his age. Today, the worst of Isaac adversaries had shown up to test the young man's love for his mother and loyalty to his father, Calvin the Dark Wizard.

***

As Johnnie True Jr. grew older he noticed his dad had done a lot of shady business deals in the past, but in reality, the wolf couldn't blame him. The world they lived in practically made you a liar, a cheat, and a thief to survive. The Terra Firma of Johnnie's Jr. world was a decaying planet with decaying people, but none of that mattered today. Today, Johnnie Sr. had got himself caught by some guys he had screwed out of some much needed materials. Now the old man was captured and it was up to his fourteen-year-old son Johnnie Jr., The Werewolf to bail him out.

***

With his magenta blade, Isaac cut through a screeching bat with two heads and the beast became blue dust in his face. The young man had somewhat understood the strange ability he was gifted with. On command, Isaac could summon kinetic energy in the form of magenta lightning and fire. Isaac had come up with multiple ways on how to use this energy such as blasts, super jumping, explosions, and his favorite technique was compacting the power of his ability to take the shape of a curved sword.

"I don't even understand why these men even want my mom." Isaac said to himself, slicing down another bat creature in Calvin's elaborate stone hallway, "All she is going to do is make them clean their room before they play video games."

Isaac heard a roar that almost caused him to trip with fear but the boy turned around to face his enemy.

***

Johnnie Jr. didn't know where he was, all he knew was pipes that breathed hot steam surrounded him, every pathway led somewhere else like a never-ending maze, and his dad's scent was near. The Werewolf's ears caught something from the left and Johnnie Jr. balled his fist and landed a punch into someone's jaw. Johnnie heard a crack, then a smack when the man hit the soiled ground.

"This nigga always got me caught up in some shit," Johnnie said, rubbing his hands through his black locks, "and now I gotta save him." Johnnie's left fist flew into the stomach of a grungy looking man with rotten yellow teeth and breath that smelled like feces, "He's lucky I'm his kid."

***

Isaac True burst into the throne room of Calvin, sweat pouring down his face, breaths heaving in his mouth, and irritation in his eyes, "Calvin what in the Fool of Justice is wrong with you? That bear monster thing is still chas-"

A roar echoed through Calvin's fortress and the lonely wizard snapped his fingers for the door to close behind Isaac, separating him from the beast.

"You made it Isaac." Calvin said, nonchalantly

Isaac saw his mom to Calvin's left and she was sound asleep.

"So you had to put mom to sleep just to get a date!" Isaac put his fist on his hips and laughed, "Pathetic."

***

Johnnie True Jr. entered a chamber filled with his father's scent. The floor was covered in green slime, mold hung on the corners of the wall, and several men decorated with robotic parts burnt into their flesh surrounded Johnnie Sr. The old man was on his knees and looked drugged, but how could they drug a man-made out of plants? Johnnie Jr., Thought. Must be some cyborg shit.

The Werewolf walked up to the men and cracked his knuckles while bearing his fangs, Johnnie Jr.'s ears became furry and long, a bloody bushy tail burst from his pants, and his eyes became yellow with rage, "It's time to tear some shit up."

Part II.

Boss Fight

Calvin stared at the teenager from his red throne; how could someone so incompetent stop him every time he tried to swoon Bridget? This boy's mind was lost in video games and cartoons but he came for his mom every time, always with some wild attack he claimed he learned from the television. Calvin's mouth curled while he looked at the boy. Calvin had spent years learning the intricacies of dark magic, what did this boy do?

Calvin snapped his fingers and the door opened again. Isaac True had a look of defeat as he saw the twelve-foot bear, with silver fur, and black fangs walk in on two feet.

***

Johnnie's right fist broke several teeth, his left fist causes someone to see their lunch splatter on The Wolf's boots. Johnnie's elbow cracked someone's nose; The Werewolf howled, unleashing a head butt on someone, making the person crash on the ground. Johnnie turned to his final enemy. It was a hulking man, covered in sweat, his teeth sharpened into rotten fangs, his pants covered in stitches and tears, and his boots made squishy noises as he walked. The horrible looking brute known by his superiors as Calvin tackled Johnnie. The Werewolf was buried into the wall from the attack, but Johnnie's right fist immediately clashed with the brute's head. Gaining room, Johnnie landed a powerful kick in the chest and then leaped upon the giant man, with several punches into the face. The large man grabbed Johnnie by the neck and slammed him to the ground. The moldy floor cracked from the pressure and Johnnie let another fist crash into the man's mouth. This causes the giant brute to stagger and Johnnie to rise. The Wolf went for another punch, and let out a grizzly roar but it was caught and the brute of the man with his other hand grabbed Johnnie's leg and lifted him into the air.

***

"Calvin!" Isaac screamed, performing a downward slash with his blade.

The blade created a vertical arc of energy that crashed into the body of the upright bear. The monster hardly felt the amateur attack and charged at the boy, who used his energy ability to leap over the charging bear.

"C'mon stupid bear, I got mommas to save and videogames to play." Isaac teased.

The bear let out its vicious roar and materialized several spears of ice that charged at Isaac True. Isaac swung his blade and created another arc of energy to take down the icicle spears.

Isaac dematerialized his sword, grabbed his right wrist with his left hand, and aimed his palm at the bear, "Alright, I'm taking you out familiar."

The boy's palm began to concentrate a ball of magenta energy, "Calvin take your summon back or you're going to have to start back from level one!"

Calvin shook his head, did he think said familiar could be bested y a child. A being of magic and mayhem that was forged from the fires of the gr-

"Magenta Crusher Deluxe!"

Magenta energy poured out of the boy's hand like a tsunami. The bear creature stood on its hind legs, letting out a roar that was rapidly creating a shield of ice to protect it, but it was for naught. The energy easily ate through the shield, tearing through the center of the bear as it turned to a cloud of dark blue dust.

***

The haymaker to the head cause The Wolf to see double, Johnnie's legs felt shaky, his stomach felt like it was going to burst open, and the only thing keeping the boy on two feet was the never-ending willpower of The Werewolf. Johnnie ducked another haymaker and landed two solid punches into the gut of Calvin, he gained a third hook shot into the ribs, and Johnnie even heard a crack come from the rotten man. Calvin with his last efforts let out a scream and went for a right punch, Johnnie dodged and the man's left arm quickly went around Johnnie's neck, trapping him in a headlock. Johnnie's right back elbow plowed into the man's stomach. The man let out a holler as he staggered back and Johnnie began to release punch after punch into the man's stomach, and each attack causes the man's skin to ripple as Johnnie became more ferocious and powerful with each strike. With a final punch to the temple, the large man hit the ground with vomit trailing from his mouth.

Johnnie immediately felt a pat on his shoulder and turned around with teeth bearing to see his old father with an even older grin on his face, "Looks like the test went well son."

"Test?" Johnnie Jr. Growled

"Of course." Said the father, "I wanted to see if you could save me if need be." The old man smiled, "Not that I would ever need saving, especially from a nigga like you."

***

"Alright, Calvin." Said a tired Isaac, hefting his sleeping mom onto his back, "It be nice if you just teleport me home, your castle kind of sucks for a dungeon and I don't have enough energy to fly me and mom."

The Lonely Wizard sighed, "I'm so tired, how many times does this make this?"

"What?" Isaac said, "Me and you, our battles, I think it's five."

"Do you understand boy?"

"Understand what?"

"I don't want to be alone, your mother opens something in me."

"Oh well, I already got a dad and he gives me enough problems!" said the teenager, "There are other women out there! Stop being a creep and trying to kidnap my mom all the time like a bad videogame villain, get a life, Calvin!"

And with a whish of hishand, The Wizard sent the boy and his mother home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 60 15
a.k.a: Lineage Some secrets were meant to be uncovered, while others were better left undisturbed. Inang is determined to uncover the secrets of he...
63 0 32
Here are origin stories for superhero and super villain characters from my fictional comic book company "That Spells Action Comics".
482 46 42
There are multiple blessings in life that a person may attain. As such, those angels present people with certain gifts in order to save them from cer...
4.7K 440 111
MIKARU HYROYUKI GOT A SECOND CHANCE.....TO SUFFER AGAIN! It all began with a simple 16 year old Japanese boy, MIKARU HYROYUKI. It may seem hard to be...