Grey-Sloan Memorial from Your...

Od LeewayEcho

You are going to be the new Head of Pediatrics at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital as the current one is stepping... Více

Head of Pediatrics
New Beginnings at Grey-Sloan
First Day Jitters (Part 1)
First Day Jitters (Part 2)
Celebration at Joe's
Code Silver!
Come Back To Me
Come Home with Me
Back to Work
Messing with You
Don't Say It
Better Together
Together, We are Family
1...2...3...Family!
Aftermath
Time to Party!
All Night Long
If I Lay Here
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Arizona's Trauma)
Not Okay, and That's Okay (Y/n's Trauma)
Stronger
Moving On
Waking up with a Headache
Stuck in Bed
Get Me Out of Here
Back to Work (Again)
All Alone
Rise and Shine
Paging Dr. Torres
Joke's on You
Beautiful Ghosts
Aftermath (Again)
Let's Go to the Beach
I Saw Mama
Should I Stay?
Are You With Me?
House of Cards
Grateful for You
Surgery Again
At Home, Nothing to Do
What Do You Mean?
Meet Little Miss
I Have Someone I Want You to Meet
Cute and Fluffy
Tell Me What You Like
No Justice, No Peace
Parents are in Town
A/N
Marry Me
Down to Celebrate
Timothy Daniel Robbins?
Long Lost
Long Lost and on the Run
7 years
United
Where Does the Good Go?
Let it Be
You are My Home
Waiting, Watching
Lay with Me
Meant to Be
Wedding Bells and a Kidney?
Save a Life
What is it, You Say?
Stuck at Home
Raging Fire
Still Healing
Can You Live, For Me?
I'm Sorry, Forgive Me
Close Enough
Just a Little Blue
Kids Make Everything Better
Our Future
AUTHOR'S NOTE, NEW STORY!

Crash and Burn

811 25 12
Od LeewayEcho

Arizona's POV 

Callie, Y/n, and I rush down to the main surgical hallway where Dr. Bailey is standing on the stairs. This was going to be a big one. 

She waves Y/n over to her and whispers what is going on in her ear. Her eyes go wide and then she composes herself. She then whispers something back into Bailey's ear and she nods in agreement. 

"Alright everyone, there has been a plane landing into the bay. Emergency engine failure and that is where they landed. The plane was carrying mostly children and chaperones from a conference on their way home to Seattle. Luckily, most of the injuries are minor and some are severe. This is going to be a long day for everyone, I will split you up into teams of three. General surgeon, ortho surgeon, and a pediatric surgeon are preferred, but I will do so as I see fit." Y/n says. 

I heard the word plane crash and I froze for a second and then I found hands squeezing mine. I had Meredith on one side and Alex on the other. We got this as long as we are together.

"Alright, Lincoln, Alexander Karev, and Grey, you are working as a team. Kepner, Wilson, Kim, you are a team. Y/n Karev, Robbins, Torres, we are a team. Hunt, Pierce, and Herman, you are a team." She says and gives a reassuring nod to Herman.

"Neurosurgeons and plastic surgeons, you will be used as needed. Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber will be triage along with Dr. Deluca. Dr. Deluca, come see me before you go." She says. "This is going to be difficult for everyone and more for others, keep an eye on each other and take breaks when needed." She finishes. 

"Before the chaos starts, please bring it in for a huddle." She says and I smile as I make my way over to her. Alex and Mer are on one side of her and I am on the other side of her. "Alright everyone, it's a beautiful day to save lives." She says with a smile. "Family on three. 1...2...3..." She says. "FAMILY!!" Everyone erupts in elated cheers.

Everyone disperses and Y/n and Andrew are talking quickly as we make our way over to the pit.  

"I will email you the list of places that we will call when the craziness is over. Thanks, Andrew." She says to him. "You got it, Dr. Karev. I'm sorry. Y/n." He quickly corrects himself. He walks away to leave us to go to the pit for our first patient. 

Y/n sends some messages on her phone before putting it in her pocket. I wonder what she is up to.

We make it to the pit and chaos has already started. We gown up and go to our first patient. "Henry Thornton, 10 years old, left leg injury, possible head injury with sluggish pupil response, abdomen is rigid. Gave IV fluids in the field wide open." Nicole the paramedic explains. "Move on my count. 1...2...3..." Y/n says and we move him over to the bed.

"Amelia, we need you in here!" I yell to her. "I am here, what do we have?" Amelia asks. "Henry, possible head injury, pupils are sluggish." Y/n says. 

"Alright, I suspect some sort of injury to the brain. Let's get him to CT, fast and then to the OR." Amelia states.

We unlock the gurney and we move fast. We get him into the CT machine and wait for the results.

As suspected, he has a major injury and we needed to get him to the OR yesterday. This boy was in a bad way.

We all get into the OR and scrub in. Y/n says her usual ritual and we are on our way.

The way the surgery has to work is Amelia has to finish her part first because of how sensitive it is and Callie can do hers along with it. The general surgery in the stomach has to be done after Amelia's, and it is risky, but it is how it needs to be done. 

Y/n and I go and find other patients to attend to in the meantime, before we are called back. 

Amelia is finished with her part 6 hours later, so her and Callie are not needed anymore. They go find others to help and it is just Y/n and I left to do the surgery in the abdomen. 

Before we open him up, Y/n looked nervously at me. "You got this." I say to her. She nods and asks Bohkee for a scalpel. She hands her the scalpel and Y/n makes the first cut.

With the first cut comes a rush of blood out of his abdomen. "DAMMIT! SUCTION!" Y/n yells to the resident. Schmitt suctions as best as he can, and it cannot keep up. Without even saying it, he begins to also scoop out using his hand, while Y/n and I search for the source. 

As we are looking, his stats tank dramatically. We cannot find the source and request blood be brought to the OR. 

Just as it is being brought in, Henry goes into v-fib. We have to move fast. "Schmitt, compressions." I tell him and he begins compressions. "Dose of epi." Y/n requests. She sticks him with epi. "Paddles." I request. "CHARGE....CLEAR!" I say and everyone clears.

The stats are still tanking. "CHARGE....CLEAR!!" I say again. Nothing. Schmitt continues compressions. "Another dose of epi." Y/n requests. She sticks him again. "CHARGE....CLEAR!!" I say one last time.

No change. Schmitt stops compressions as we wait to see what the monitor says, nothing.

Asystole. DAMMIT. "DAMMIT. Time of death 16:48." Y/n states sadly. She rips off her mask and gown and throws it into the bin. Before walking out, she turns back. "Quick thinking on scooping out the blood with your hands, Dr. Schmitt. Good job. I need a break, I am going on a walk. Go to the pit and see if there is anyone else to help." She states to the both of us. 

She looks over at me and gives me our ear tug. I know she's okay, she's just upset. But that's our way of communicating that we are okay. I give her a nod and with that she walks out to go notify the family. 

Y/n's POV

I notified the family of Henry and it never gets easier. After that, I made a few phone calls for arrangements. 

I wanted to go see Sofia after. This girl will always cheer me up. I quietly make my way into the room and I notice an older man sitting with her. "Auntie Y/n, come give me a hug! Mommy said how busy today has been." She says to me. I walk over and wrap her in a tight hug, not wanting to let go.

The man clears his throat. "Hi, I am Carlos Torres. Sofia's grandfather. And you are?" He asks, curiously. "I am Dr. Y/n Karev. Auntie Y/n to little miss over here and please call me Y/n." I say and tickling Sofia's stomach. She lets out a big giggle.

"Auntie Y/n, is Auntie Awizona coming to visit soon? I've only seen mommy and you today and Auntie Mer and Aunt Addie." She asks innocently. Carlos stiffens when she mentioned Arizona, but I brushed it off.

"How about I page her. I can't page her 911, but I'll page her and if she isn't busy she will come." I tell her with a smile and Carlos frowns. I still ignore it. "Yay, I want her to meet Papa!" She says innocently.

We chat for a little bit and then Arizona comes walking into the door. I am right by the door and she catches a glimpse of Carlos and freezes. "Hi, baby." I tell her and give her a kiss on the cheek. 

I notice Carlos just staring her down and maybe I read this situation very wrong. And then it hits me, I am sure he does not like Arizona because of Callie and her breaking up. I am so stupid.

"I would much prefer if you were not here, Ms. Robbins. You are not welcome here. Get out." He says in a strict tone so only we can hear.

"Auntie Awizona, come give me a hug. Mommy said you all had a very busy day." Sofia says and Arizona makes her way over and wraps her in a hug.

Carlos pulls me to the edge of the room. "She is not welcome in this room. She needs to get out immediately." He says to me. "I cannot do that at your request, sir. That is up to the patient and the patient's mother. In this case, it is Callie's decision. Callie made it clear that she wants Arizona here. Sofia wants her here as well. This is not your decision." I tell him firmly.

"If you do not get her out of here, I will call security." He says to me. That's when i lose my patience. 

I pull him out to the hallway so Sofia does not hear this. "I am sorry that you feel the need to come in here and start making demands when they are not yours to make. As someone who never had an active father figure in their life and was beaten by their father, I don't know what it's like to have a father who actually cares. If this is how you think you are supposed to treat Callie's friends and thinking you can order them around or call security on them, then maybe it's for the better I don't know what a father is. You have absolutely no right to tell Callie or Sofia, who can and cannot be in their lives. Callie and Arizona may not be together anymore, but they are friends. They care about each other and Arizona cares very much for your granddaughter. So if you cannot get on board with that, then maybe you shouldn't be here or at least talk to Callie before making these absolutely absurd demands." I finish in a very angry tone.

Just then, I notice Arizona standing in the doorway. And then I notice Callie standing behind her father. "Are you serious, dad? You do not run my life and you cannot tell me who I can and can't have in it. If my being friends with my ex wife upsets you then either get over it or get out. I am not doing this with you." She says to him. 

I open my mouth in shock. Arizona tentatively walks over to me laces her fingers in mine. I put my forehead on the side of her head for a second before turning back to Carlos. "Well, if you think you'll be happy with her without kids, I suppose you're perfect for each other." He snickers. "ENOUGH. That is enough, dad. Y/n and Arizona are happy. That is what matters. And they have said they will have kids. Get over the fact that Arizona and I are not together anymore. And if you can't then get out. When you are ready to come back, you can. Until then, you are not welcome here." Callie finishes. Without another word, Carlos walks away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start a fight." I say sadly and drop my head to the floor. "No, it's not your fault. He just holds onto too many things." Callie says and gives an apologetic look to Arizona and I. "Arizona, I'm sorry. My dad is horrible at times. Unfortunately, we both are painfully aware of that." Callie says. "It's alright, Cal. I broke his daughter's heart, I deserved it." Arizona says, withdrawing her hand from mine. 

I take her hand back and lace her fingers through mine without a word. She doesn't withdraw this time. "No, you absolutely did not. He's holding onto unnecessary grudges. You are happy and that's all that should matter." Callie says to Arizona. "Thank you, Cal." Arizona says.

We all return to Sofia, hoping that she can cheer us up.

Author's Notes: I am thinking of starting a story about an original character (Y/n, age 8) being a foster child, that just gets bumped around in the system. You are in the hospital after being beaten by a foster parent. Arizona is your doctor and you find out she is your long lost aunt. She then fights to adopt you. Any interest in that? Also, who would we want to be Arizona's love interest in this story? My heart says Callie cause it always will, but I am open to suggestions. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

45.4K 762 31
Before she was Jo Wilson, she had a whole other life. After escaping an abusive relationship, she's made a beautiful life with Alex. They've been hap...
30.5K 896 36
"But he's Evil Spawn." "Don't you think I know that. I didn't wake up one day and suddenly decide I was going to be in love with Alex Karev." Being t...
308K 6.6K 147
Aurora Karev is the twin sister of Alex Karev. The two had been inseparable since the day they were born as every challenged they faced was together...
961K 21.4K 148
Born in Philly, raised in New York, and now packing up her Bostonian life for the Emerald City. Freshly graduated from her fellowship at Harvard Medi...