The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 4

5.6K 280 50
By AvaFics

~*~

''A cursed relic, huh. What a piece of crap.'' Rosh said.

Reaching at the rope attached from the ceiling, Rosh pulled the lead. It was a kind of calling device that connects to his maid's room if he ever needed something.

Suddenly, a maid rushed inside his room without warning that almost caused him to jump.

''Young master Rosh!'' She said.

''Hello.''

The maid hurriedly walked to her young master and checked his body.

''I apologize for my discourtesy now, but where have you been? I've been so worried when you disappeared and I haven't even seen you since noon!'' She said.

The young maid is called Yves, she is 23 years old. She is his maid eversince he was born. Unfortunately, she died after protecting Josh from Rosh.

''Yves..''

''I was really worried about your safety, young master.'' She added.

Worry? Frustration crept into his heart.

Those sh*tty lies.

Deep inside, Rosh knows that these acts are only because she was ordered to monitor him.

He knew Yves was one of their female knights that pretended to be his maid for years.

Only then did he find out that his father was already planning on making Josh the heir.

They purposely put her as a personal maid to make Rosh have flaws and prevent him in having the spotlight in aristocratic society.

Rosh snickered in his mind. Unloyal and liar maid.

Then he put on a innocent face.

''I'm alright, I only went for a walk then lost track of time.'' He lied.

''Huuh, I'm relieved. Young master, don't do that ever again, you'll hurt yourself if I'm not with you.'' She said.

Rosh knew she just meant that she wanted to monitor him 24/7 so that she could report him to the duke.

Damn maid.

''Okay.''

''Ah, right. Young master, you should prepare by now. Dinner is almost ready, the madam and master and second young master is also getting ready for supper.'' Yves suggested.

A hint of bitterness glistened in Rosh's eyes for a second but got covered with his small smile.

''No, tell mother and father that I'll eat here. I'm tired.'' Rosh made a quite lame excuse.

Actually, he just doesn't want to see those people yet. He have to prepare himself before anything else. And, they won't bother to ask for him for he knows they only need Josh.

Yves became a little confused with the actions of the first young master. Weird, he wasn't like this before.

''Ah..I see. Yes, young master.'' She said and bowed before she went out again.

After Yves was gone, only then did Rosh's face hardened.

''Foolish woman.''

-

The next day..

Rosh's eyes transferred to the other corner of his room when he heard someone knock.

''...young master, it is I, Hugo.''

''Come in.''

The door opened revealing a tall well-built man in a knight's light armor. He went inside the room and bowed slightly at the young master.

''Greetings, young master.''

''Yes, yes..'' Rosh answered.

This man is called Hugo Mckares. His personal knight now and also in his past life.

Hugo Mckares was a well desciplined guy who is neutral to anyone, may it be Rosh or Josh it doesn't matter to him, he is only loyal to the Razon name.

It has been awhile eversince Rosh last saw this man too. Back in the past, when Rosh sent spies to the duchy, he found out that Hugo also sacrificed himself for Josh, realistically because he can't let the heir of Razon die like that.

'A tough guy indeed.'

''Ehem, Hugo, prepare a carriage for me after I dine with my family. I'll get permission from my father to go outside.'' Rosh said.

''May I ask, young master?''

Rosh permitted.

''Where will the young master go into this early in the morning? It is quite unusual.'' Hugo said with a slight suspicion. The first young master was not the type to go out.

Rosh's eyes twitched then asked. ''Am I not allowed to exit the gates of this mansion?''

With his innocent act, Rosh managed to caught Hugo off guard.

''..this lowly knight dares not abdicate the wishes of the young master.'' He answered.

Rosh smiled and secretly grinned. ''Of course.''

*knock knock knock!*

''That must be Yves. Come in.'' Rosh said.

The door opened and Yves went inside the room.

''Young master Rosh, I have come to prepare you for breakfast.'' She said.

''Okay. You can leave now, Hugo.''

''Then, I will excuse myself, young master.'' He bowed again before leaving.

When the knight was gone, Yves arranged Rosh's bath and also had his clothes ready after washing.

''I'll bathe now Yves.''

''Yes! Young master.''

After bathing, Rosh wore the clothes Yves prepared.

It was a clean white longsleeved polo, a red tailored vest with gold buttons, black pants and a pair of hard leather shoes.

Rosh looked at himself in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction.

He had his mind ready for anything that'll happen when he's infront of them. Especially infront of Josh.

''Let's go, Yves.'' He said.

Rosh smiled meaningfully making Yves a bit confused as to why he smiled like that. Like someone ready to pounce at his prey any time.

They left the room and walked past the wide and giant halls of the manor. The walls have a bright red color supported by caramel themed pillars. The floor is fully made of marble topped with a trail of red carpet.

Along the way, there are many art pieces hanged in the wall. These are masterpieces of well-knowned artists.

Glancing at those paintings, Rosh mentally clicked his tongue.

'A house filled with treasures and at the same time, filled with living trashes.'

Arriving infront of a big wooden double door, the guards standing by the sides greeted Rosh and opened the entry.

Walking inside with Yves behind him, Rosh saw the people he have wished to perish.

''Greetings, mother, father and...brother.''

The duke, duchess and Josh looked back to where Rosh is.

With their eyes looking straight at him, his anger risen.

He expected this kind of action but they didn't even hide their favor for Josh.

And they really did start eating without him.

''Brother Rosh! Good morning.'' Josh greeted him first.

Rosh's eyes darkened but hid it with a smile.

He did his best to prevent himself from choking Josh to death, hence, he only gritted his teeth.

''Ah, you're here Rosh Edward.'' The duke said blankly.

''Yes...father.'' Rosh cringed at the word.

Father? What a joke.

Their relationship is actually more like master and slave interaction.

''Come and sit, Rosh.'' The duchess said.

''Yes, mother.''

Rosh sat down beside Josh and started eating his food in silence.

The duke and the duchess started talking to Josh about his studies and praised him for every little thing.

''Mother, father, I created a poem about the alliance results of Imperial and Theologistics Collaboration when the 2nd war arrived. My teacher said it was a great poem.''

''That is great! You are so smart, my dear.'' The duchess said.

''As expected of you, Josh.'' The duke proudly stated.

Rosh wanted to vomit at them.

Josh made a poem about the royal family and church's alliance for the war?

How basic.

Rosh have also written something with that topic, however, his parents did not even give a glance on his work.

'If only I could slit their mouths to shut them up..'

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
35.6K 871 52
A high trained Assassin is betrayed by her former lover, also known as the Royal's Son. The story takes place in Elisora, known for it's dark secrets...
7M 268K 64
"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just that my body decided not to move. "I will...
200K 6K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...