How Jesse Got His Karma

By TheChiaPet

[Completed] "In a twisted way, I guess I'm glad I fucked up so many times in my life. They always said I'd ge... More

intro/author's note
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six*
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
epilogue
NEW STORY
Follow my Bookstgram!

fifty-nine

2.8K 153 41
By TheChiaPet

[Recap: Jesse spoke to his Godfather, Joseph on the phone and had threatened him to stay away from his friends but most importantly, Karma.]

"I still can't believe he let us out of class," Paola says to me as we're stood in the middle of the hallway

The math department at school has an event coming up in a few weeks where called the 'Math Tutoring Fair' The math teachers typically use this as a time to invite other students to come out and get homework help for one night only along with a 'speed dating' activity that pairs the students that need help with students that are qualified to tutor.

You meet up with a specific student for about 10 rounds and see if you like each other and the student can submit a request to whatever math teacher they have if they'd like for you to be their tutor.

Mr.Maddow, being the youngest and the most inexperienced in hosting a math fair, the rest of the math department put everything on him to set up which includes getting the word out about the event.

So that leads us to right now, where he handpicked Paola and I to go and put up posters around the school's building to advertise the event. Well actually he picked me, Paola just begged him to let her leave class and she had said 'please' enough times that he got tired of her asking and just told her to go.

Justine tagged along as well because she's still in her wheelchair and she had complained about having back pain even though that was total BS.

She hasn't felt back pain in a while, in fact, she barely even needs a wheelchair anymore. She is using this as a way to not have to take the stairs anymore to all of her classes and she is now purposely late to class for at least a good 10 minutes and her excuse is always how there is traffic in the hallways and nobody cares when they see a disabled person trying to get around in this school.

If there's one thing Justine knows how to do, it's to overexaggerate.

The other reason why she's doing this because Cyrus still feels very guilty about that happening to her and for lying to her about his job. So he's been the one that takes her to class sometimes. He offered of course.

While putting up posters, we had walked around the entire second floor where Mr. Maddow's class was and put the posters on places where we thought people would see it even though there are most likely to walk past it, but they would see it regardless.

"Yeah, I can't believe he's giving us credit for the whole class even though we get to spend the entire class doing absolutely nothing and just walking around the hallways." I say with a pause," Well some of us are walking while others are pathological liars and are rolling in their little wheelchairs." I finish causing Justine to roll her eyes.

"I might be a pathological liar, but you can't call me dumb." she sticks her hand in a bag of hot Cheetos and sucks the dust off her fingers before taking one out and of her mouth and saying, "I might never have to take the stairs ever again in this crusty school. I never have to touch the nasty hand railings, I don't have to wait for couples to stop exchanging saliva before I can walk my way around them to class." she nods her head as she speaks, seeming excited as she talks.

"I can be late to class. Never have to take P.E again. This chair has so many hidden opportunities."

"You wouldn't be taking P.E again if you had just passed it freshmen year," I say as I grab a piece of clear tape and start taping the side of the green flyer

"Well, having to put my outfit back together again after changing out of them just to run and get sweaty, with no chance to shower because the showers in this school are all busted?" she puts a hand up and gags a little bit, placing a hand on her chest, "That has to be a hate crime, I just don't know what kind."

Paola snickers to herself at Justine's remark as places posters on people's lockers.

"It's not gonna be so great when you get caught slippin'," she says to Justine and Justine says noting but waves her hand dismissively

"I'm not gonna get caught, My name isn't Jesse." Justine's eyes cut to me before she starts snickering, "You're lucky that I believe in Omerta."

"I still can't believe you are actually with the Jesse Duran after knowing all that about him." she pauses, as she stops rolling her chair which causes Paola and I to stop walking as we stand in place to look at her, "Actually no, I believe it. He is kinda fine. I just hope I don't see y'all on an episode of Snapped one day," she says and Paola claps her hands loudly as she huddles over in laughter

"I hate the both of you," I tell them with a blank emotion on my face.

"Jesse and Karma sittin' in a tree, K I S S I N--OW!" They finally stop singing after I punch both of their arms simultaneously.

"Well would you rather we called you, Mrs.Duran?"

-----------------------------------------

After putting up flyers in all the places that we thought were necessary we decided to spend the rest of our class time sitting on the floor of the hallway near the lockers as went to the first floor of the building.

Justine and Paola were against the lockers while I was sitting in front of them, facing them.

We bought some drinks from the vending machines and Paola had been explaining the plot of this new show she was trying to get Justine and I to watch when we heard footsteps approaching us.

I was shocked, to say the least at the familiar face that I had seen multiple times before with his salt and pepper hair and the weirdly smug smile that seemed to always be etched across his face at the mere sight of other people. We casually strode in wearing all black, as per usual, since that's all I've ever seen him in.

He was adjusting his cuff links as he strode up behind Justine and Paola and stopped. My eyes looked directly at him as he gave me a small smirk and a small wave.

Paola notices the look of confusion on my face when I wave and she turns around quickly to look at him, "Hello, sir. Do you need to go to the office?" she asks

He looks at her and smiles fondly, rocking back and forth on his feet with his hands in his pockets, and shakes his head, "No, Tesoro. I know my way around. I was just coming here to meet with a...friend of mine, an old colleague, and I recognized a familiar face." he says as he licks his lips and averts his eyes from her to me

"I hope you remember me, Principessa," he says to me as he walks a bit closer

I smile awkwardly and push my butterfly locs behind my shoulder as I nod at him shyly.

"Is there a reason why I haven't seen you at the daycare when I go to pick up my son?"

"Oh. After what happened the last time, they had decided that it would be best for us to part ways." which was a nice way of saying that they had fired me

He smirks at me knowingly and says, "Well that's sad to know. The kid misses you. You must've done a number on him." he chuckles, "He keeps talking to his mom about a pretty volunteer lady that he hasn't seen in a while." he says and Paola, Justine and I can't help but awe

"That's cute. I miss Gio too and I'm really sorry about what happened with my boyfriend. They just kind of grew really attached to each other during the last couple of weeks."

He nods at me and clears his throat, "Yeah. I'm sure they're closer to each other more than they know." he mutters under his breath and I don't think he meant for me to hear it

"Huh?" I say and he shakes his head dismissively

"I need to go see my friend, I'll see you three later hopefully," he says as he runs his hand through his hair and walks in the opposite direction, and heading upstairs.

When he gets far away, Paola is quick to say, "Well that was weird."

Justine and I nod our heads as she crosses her legs, placing her hands on top of her thigh as she sits in her chair forgetting that she probably shouldn't be doing that given the scam she's trying to inflict on the whole school, "Um how old do you think he was?"

Paola and I look at each other and roll our eyes not in the mood to respond to her obvious infatuation with him and this causes Justine to scoff.

"Oh whatever." she waves her hand, "Age is nothing but a number anyway." she pauses,
"And how come he called y'all some pretty ass names in a whole different language and his Mario lookin' ass didn't even spare me a glance?" she huffs and leans back in her seat

-----------------------------------------------------

[A/N] You guys!!! HJGHK reached #1 in the African tag bsdbusisonskd that's the first number one I've had so far nfufuewowbeuf

And this book is almost a 70k reads and I'm still shook that you guys are actually reading this far along still but thank you for the support :))))))

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope y'all hate Mr.Rossi as much as I do :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

983K 43.5K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
180K 55.6K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...
1.3M 29.9K 50
𝑫𝑹𝑶𝑾𝑵𝑬𝑫 𝑩𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑫, Book 1 in 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 a dark enemies-to-lovers gang/mafia romance by 𝐊. 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍�...
31.2K 660 29
Scarlett Salvatore a sweet and shy girl but she can find her confidence when she and her cheer squad hit those fields to support their football team...