War Beast

By Milestro

The future is savage. Jenny Summer is a news reporter who hates her job. One day, an accident sends her thr... More

Foreword
Book One: Chapter 1
Book One: Chapter 2
Book One: Chapter 3
Book One: Chapter 4
Book One: Chapter 5
Book One: Chapter 6
Book One: Chapter 7
Book One: Chapter 8
Book One: Chapter 9
Book One: Chapter 10
Book One: Chapter 11
Book One: Chapter 12
Book One: Chapter 13
Book One: Chapter 15
Book One: Chapter 16
Book One: Chapter 17
Book One: Chapter 18
Book One: Chapter 19
Book One: Chapter 20
Book Two: Chapter 1
Book Two: Chapter 2
Book Two: Chapter 3
Book Two: Chapter 4
Book Two: Chapter 5
Book Two: Chapter 6
Book Two: Chapter 7
Book Two: Chapter 8
Book Two: Chapter 9
Book Two: Chapter 10
Book Two: Chapter 11
Book Two: Chapter 12
Book Two: Chapter 13
Book Two: Chapter 14
Book Two: Chapter 15
Book Two: Chapter 16
Book Two: Chapter 17
Book Two: Chapter 18
Book Two: Chapter 19
Book Two: Chapter 20
Book Two: Chapter 21
Book Two: Chapter 22
Book Two: Chapter 23
Book Two: Chapter 24
Book Two: Chapter 25
Book Three: Chapter 1
Book Three: Chapter 2
Book Three: Chapter 3
Book Three: Chapter 4
Book Three: Chapter 5
Book Three: Chapter 6
Book Three: Chapter 7
Book Three: Chapter 8
Book Three: Chapter 9
Book Three: Chapter 10
Book Three: Chapter 11
Book Three: Chapter 12
Book Three: Chapter 13
Book Three: Chapter 14
Book Three: Chapter 15
Book Three: Chapter 16
Book Three: Chapter 17
Book Three: Chapter 18
Book Three: Chapter 19
Book Three: Chapter 20
Book Three: Chapter 21
Book Three: Chapter 22
Book Three: Chapter 23
Book Three: Chapter 24
Book Three: Chapter 25
Book Three: Chapter 26
Book Three: Chapter 27
Book Three: Chapter 28
Book Three: Chapter 29
Book Three: Chapter 30
Book Three: Chapter 31
Book Four: Chapter 1
Book Four: Chapter 2
Book Four: Chapter 3
Book Four: Chapter 4
Book Four: Chapter 5
Book Four: Chapter 6
Book Four: Chapter 7
Book Four: Chapter 8
Book Four: Chapter 9
Book Four: Chapter 10

Book One: Chapter 14

174 10 1
By Milestro

The ape warriors roared their howling battle cries and charged toward the Brave Blood army.

Barry held up his blade. "To battle!"

His warriors cheered as they charged toward the enemy. Both sides clashed and ripped each other apart. Torag and Zena stood near Barry, watching the battle rage before them.

Horde suddenly jumped over the battle and landed in front of Barry. He held up his hammer and smiled. "Are you too cowardly to join the fight?"

Zena charged Horde, but two ape warriors tackled her.

Torag snorted and charged toward Horde. The big ape smiled and ducked from the rhino man's swinging punch. He threw an uppercut into Torag's chin.

The rhino man gasped and fell to Horde's hand feet unconsciously.

Horde smirked at Barry. "You should have never killed my father, human fifth."

Barry glared at him. "Your father tried to murder my tribe. I did what I had to do."

Horde raised his hammer up. "Then you should have died like the other fallen clans!"

The mighty ape slammed his hammer at the floor, sending the lightning bolt toward Barry. The old human's eyes widened at Horde's magical attack, but he jumped over it and landed on his bare feet.

With his long sword out, he charged Horde, ready to strike him up close. Horde swung his hammer, but Barry ducked and slashed Horde's armor, leaving only a cut.

The mighty ape laughed and kicked Barry to the floor. "No ordinary weapon can break through my armor. You should have surrendered when you had the chance."

Barry got up and gritted his teeth. "My clan never surrenders! Even if it is hopeless!"

"Then prepare to die!" Horde charged with a loud roar.

Barry blocked the swinging hammer, but it hit him so hard, it sent him flying across the hangar. His back slammed against the wall and he fell to the ground. The bones in his back arched and he spat out blood. Although the hammer didn't hit him, it felt like it did. Horde's attacks were too strong.

Horde approached him. "You are weak. Why keep fighting when you know it is impossible to win?"

Barry got up. "Because we are Brave Blood warriors.....And we fight to the end!"

Horde shrugged and threw his hammer toward Barry. The old man leaped from the hammer and watched it crack the wall.

After the hammer fell to the floor, Barry dashed toward the hammer and yanked on it. But the hammer didn't move, only arching Barry's arms.

He let go by the time Horde grabbed him and lifted him up.

Zena pushed the ape warrior off her, then she saw Horde holding up Barry.

"Chief!" She dashed straight toward the mighty ape while raising her battle staff up.

Horde turned around and swung his free hand, smacking her. She hit the floor, falling unconscious.

Horde laughed. "This is why you will lose this battle because your warriors are weak."

Barry pulled out a small dagger and stuck it into Horde's lower neck. The ape dropped him and cried in pain.

On the floor, Barry picked up his sword and charged Horde. The mighty ape-man pulled the dagger out of his thick neck. He ducked and sent a punch straight into Barry's stomach as the old man flew over him. Barry gasped and crashed to the floor.

Before he got up, Horde stomped on his legs, snapping his bones. Barry shouted in pain and his other leg snapped, agonizing him more.

With both his legs broken, he couldn't move!

Horde kneeled over Barry and punched him down like a punching bag. Blood sprinkled from Barry's body.

After he stopped beating him, Horde stood up and looked down at his fallen opponent. Blood and bruises covered Barry's body. His bones broken, and he twitched like a stick.

Horde laughed. "You see, old fool? I have already won. Now I will do the same thing to this world after I take the crystal."

Barry reached for his sword, but Horde picked it up and stared at it.

"Nice weapon. It would be a waste if it didn't get to taste more blood." Horde stabbed the sword into Barry's chest.

The old man screamed. Blood sprayed out from his wound.

Horde released the handle. "Now you know how I felt when you took my father's life. I will make his dream come true by cleansing this world. Farewell, murderer."

After he picked up his hammer, Horde marched toward his remaining ape warriors. "Get the Star Crystal and burn this place down."

"What about the enemy survivors?" one of his ape warriors asked.

Horde stared at Zena and Torag, still lying unconscious.

"Take them to our mines. They will make excellent slaves for our new world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371 58 12
The world is destroyed, three fouths of the population dead. Most of the people that are left are teenagers, but some greedy, brutal millionaires liv...
12 3 8
In the aftermath of a cataclysmic event that saw dimensional portals unleash chaos upon the world, a new era has dawned where magic and technology co...
195K 12.5K 48
Sophie's future is planned out for her. Having just outgrown her studies and Job Placement in a few months, her path is straight and clear. But when...
1.1K 249 15
🖐️ Hi ! 🎀 Rose 💖 is here 😄 Get ready for awesome adventure and amazing journeys 😉 As the book already said that 🎀 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑺...