Eunoia [Bucky Barnes]

由 winterhi

eunoia (n.) a pure and well balanced mind, beautiful thinking Ava Wiley, a 23 year old hopeful in Brooklyn... 更多

part 1: the time of our lives
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
part 2: the winter soldier
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
part 3: a tale of two sides
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
part 4: don't go
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
part 5: are you ready?
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
* AN *

chapter 54

3.8K 81 36
由 winterhi

"You're going to be okay, Ave. I promise, just two more minutes.. two more and I'll find you an ambulance."

Ava slowly began to come back to consciousness as the sound of Bucky's voice accompanied the rapid flashing lights that danced across her eyes. She opened them slowly, looking up to see Bucky slouched against a car. They were sat on the floor, Bucky with his legs out, Ava sat on his lap being held up by his arms.

"Oh my god, Ave." Bucky whispered as the already tight grip around Ava's shoulders was made tighter as he pulled her into him. Resting his head on her's, he began rubbing her arm gently as she grew more awake.

"Where are we?" She asked him, trying to look around.

"Oh, of course. Sam's over there, he's getting interviewed right now. We're sitting away from that because.. I'm sure you can imagine.. quite a lot of the ambulances are in use right now. We're safe now, though." Bucky began pointing as Ava smiled up at him.

"What about Sharon? Is she okay?" Ava suddenly remembered that they had been in a tunnel themselves.

"She will be. Karli managed to shoot her in the side, that's why you were able to be drugged, remember?" Bucky spoke calmly as Ava frowned, trying to remember.

"Was I there when Sharon was shot?"

"Yeah. Sharon told us that once Karli had managed to attack her, that she moved in on you next."

"I don't remember that.. at all." Ava spoke each word separately as she tried to think, but nothing was coming back.

"It's okay, all that matters now is that we're safe." Bucky stood up and pulled Ava up with him. Once she was able to stand by herself, Bucky leaned in as Ava lifted her hands to hold onto his face. Kissing him always made her feel free, and now that this mission was complete, they may finally be that.

"Oh.. hey, guys." Sharon broke them up as Ava turned to walk over to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked her as she noticed the blood dried onto her clothes.

"I'll be alright. What about you? I promise, I tried to stop Karli.."

"Don't worry about it. What's important is that we're all still alive." Ava pulled Sharon in for a hug as Sharon looped an arm around her back.

"Funny what a little drink can do." Sharon whispered as Ava just laughed along, not sure what it was referencing.

"I'll see you soon." Ava waved as Sharon began walking away. She turned back to Bucky, pecking him on the cheek before warming into his chest. "I love you."

"I love you too, Ave." Bucky smiled back as he lifted her off of the ground, moving his hands down to her lower back. It wasn't until Ava saw Sam walking towards them that she jumped out of Bucky's hold to run forward.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Ava yelled as Sam cheered back at her. "Looks like I'm going to have to start sharing my favourite super hero with a lot of other people."

"Looks like you will." Sam laughed back as he walked over to Bucky. "It's great to see you guys okay."

The three started talking and laughing as the thoughts of the days events slowly began to melt away. That was until a new sharp pain began spreading from Ava's stomach, causing her to wince slightly at the sensation. Looking down, she noticed blood was beginning to seep out onto her shirt. The conversation stopped as Ava felt Bucky holding onto her shoulder and quickly lifted up the bottom of her shirt to reveal a small hole in her side. He reacted swiftly, sitting her down on the ground as Sam ran off to find someone that could help.

"What happened, Ave?" Bucky's eyes began to scan her face for any sign of who might have caused this.

"I don't know. I don't know." Ava repeated as the feeling began to spread throughout her body making her roll to the side. Her small whimpers grew into a scream as she pressed her mouth against Bucky's shoulder. He just stayed still, looking back time and time again.

"I'm going to find a way to make this stop, Ave.. can you hear me? I'll be back soon, I just need to get someone to help." Bucky kissed Ava's forehead as he spoke, but it was obvious that he was stressed about what may happen to her. Ava sat back against the vehicle, holding her head in her hands as she continuously blinked, trying to stay awake. From her left, she saw Sharon crouched down beside her.

"Take this, it'll help." She told Ava as she handed out a small pill. Ava would have taken anything in that moment, but grabbed hold of the pill and swallowed it, hoping that anything would stop the burning of her skin.

"She's right he-" Ava looked up to see Sam and Bucky pointing at her as a doctor stood behind them.

"Sharon?" Sam asked her, wondering what Ava had just been given.

"It'll help. I've seen it before.. in Madripoor. Trust me." Sharon began explaining before turning to the doctor. "Thank you for your assistance, but I can take it from here."

"I should at least check." The doctor stepped forward but Sharon stopped him with a hand.

"How do you feel now, Ava?" She asked Ava, who was still trying to comprehend what had happened.

"I feel.. normal." Ava answered, lifting her shirt up to see that the wound had stopped bleeding as much. A hole was left but the overwhelming pain was gone. "Thank you."

"No worries." Sharon stood back up and waved to the others as she left them to talk.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how that happened." Ava apologies to Sam and Bucky as they each took a seat at her side.

"Not your fault." Sam told her with a smile.

"As long as you're okay, that's all that matters." Bucky put an arm around Ava's shoulders and pulled her slightly so that she was leaning against his side.

"I'm perfect." Ava smiled.

***

The fresh smell of the sea made Ava sigh as she looked around at everyone smiling. Music played and people danced, it truly was a day of celebration. She was passed a box to carry to Sarah and as she walked she noticed Bucky playing with the children. He looked up and grinned at her, pointing enthusiastically at the fact they weren't afraid of his metal arm. Ava laughed in response as she continued her way to Sarah.

"This is for you." She told her once she had found Sarah.

"Thank you, Ava. How are you feeling today?" Sarah asked Ava, taking a step back from her cooking.

"Absolutely fine, it's nearly healed." Ava nodded in response. "Hey, do you know where Sam-"

"He's over there, getting his picture taken with everyone in the world." Sarah laughed as she pointed proudly towards her brother.

"Thanks." Ava smiled before striding in his direction. She joined the cue for a photo and joined in Sam's chuckles as he noticed her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her once she'd reached the front of the queue.

"Just here to get my photo with Captain America, no biggie." Ava answered as she felt the flash of the picture on her face.

"Well, you keep that real safe, so you can show off to all your friends." Sam joked as Ava collected her photo from the photographer.

"You're looking pretty cool." Ava whispered as she patted Sam's shoulder in farewell.

"Thank you." Sam thanked her with a grateful smile as he turned to the next new fan. Ava walked away to try and find Bucky as he had disappeared from the spot he had been sat before.

"Hey, Avalanche!" Ava snapped her neck around once she had heard the voice. Looking into the sunlight, she saw Bucky sat at a table talking to some of the other townsfolk. She joined them, greeting each of them as she sat down.

"Mr Barnes.. remember that date?" Ava whispered to him once the others had started talking again.

"How could I forget it?" Bucky cocked his head, raising an eyebrow in response. Ava giggled at his face before lifting her hands to hold it.

"I've decided I'd like to postpone it, until we have somewhere new to visit." Ava told him as his eyebrows dropped into a frown.

"Isn't here new?" He wondered aloud, shaking his head in her hands.

"It is.. but I think it's also our home." Ava spoke aloud as she looked around at those smiling, dancing and singing. It really was a place of total joy. Bucky didn't say anything at first, he probably couldn't have if he tried. The grin on his face was the widest Ava had ever seen and as she beamed back, Bucky leaned forward, smiling into their kiss.

Without warning, Bucky scooped Ava up into his arms and departed the table. He walked over to where Sam was standing, looking out over the sea and the sunset.

It had taken Ava over one hundred years to figure out what life was.

Life was dancing in the rain.

Life was finding your person.

Life was feeling fearless.

Life was driving through the dark.

Life was loss.

Life was finding the truth.

Life was discovering new families.

Life was kissing on rooftops.

Life was believing in what was right.

Life was being knocked down, again and again.

Life was taking the risks that would pay off in the future.

Life was finding your spot.

But most importantly, life was an adventure, and what an adventure she had had.

end of eunoia

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.3K 41
You, a scientist for the SSR, fell in love with a certain Sergeant when you danced one night at the bar. When you both were thrust into the modern wo...
49.1K 1.4K 32
Therapist, Audrey Edwards, has a new client. She's worked with ex-soldiers before, but none quite as intriguing as the enigmatic James Buchanan Barne...
104K 4.6K 27
Set 6 months after endgame, Sam decided not to take up the mantle of captain America and when he gives away the shield nothing but bad comes out of i...
34.4K 776 28
She got to the end of the cliff and closed her eyes jumping ready for impact. But there was none. She slowly opened her eyes, and saw Bucky's metal a...