chapter 27

Ava had decided to run out first seeing as her 'suit' wasn't as obvious as the others.

She looked to see the airport was empty before silently jogging towards the helicopter that was lined up for them. That was until a device flew down and attached itself to the body, fizzling out any form of power. Ava heard a noise before seeing both Tony and Rhodey flying down to meet her.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony said through his Ironman suit.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey answered.

"Look, Tony. I respect you don't have a single care for what I say, but you have the wrong guy. Either that or you can't trust your own trackers." She told Tony as his helmet folded back. T'Challa leaped over a truck and landed to also face Ava.

"Hi, cat man." Ava greeted him. "You know, 'my friend' back there tried to claim he'd messed up my face the most, don't worry, I defended you."

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asked as he began moving round to a better point.

"Did you listen to nothing I said? You're after the wrong guy." Ava argued back as Tony began looking mad.

"Your judgment is askew. Your murderer boyfriend killed innocent people yesterday." Tony began taking steps towards Ava.

"They have commitment issues, Tony, boyfriend is a bit too formal." Ava turned to see Steve standing beside her, obviously sensing she needed backup. "There are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first. I can't."

"Steve.." Ava turned to see Nat walking towards them. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

"All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony cupped his hands to his mouth and shouted. Ava saw a shadow on the ground as yet another new face showed up. In his jump he had pulled Steve's shield from his arm and now held it. "Nice job, kid."

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit.. Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's.. it's perfect. Thank you." The voice belonged to someone much younger and Ava turned to Tony.

"You've hired a child?" She asked him.

"A very capable child, yes." Tony turned back to the boy on the car who was now starting to talk to Steve. "Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"Okay. Cap.. Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man." The boy added one final point making Ava smile, it was nice to have someone to relieve some of the negativity here.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later." Tony told him as Spider Man looked back at Ava and Steve one last time.

"Hey, everyone." He waved as Ava smiled back.

"Hey there, Spider Boy." She called back.

"You've been busy." Steve said to Tony, motioning to the boy.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint. 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep.. I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony was obviously struggling to keep the situation under control.

"You did that when you signed." Steve answered back calmly and Ava was sure she saw something pop inside of Tony.

"Alright, We're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. NOW! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys.. with no compunction about being impolite." Tony started ordering Steve as he just looked away. "Come on."