ALIVE ༄ SUNA RINTAROU

De outerxpce

y/n, the good friend of the miya twins, gets invited to suna rintarou's house. but what can happen when a goo... Mais

1. miss goody-two-shoes
2. icecream and to-go ramen
3. staring contest
4. before the rematch
5. rematch
6. study bud
7. friends
8. thoughts
9. lunchtime
10. set-me-up
12. just another sunday
13. a misadventure
14. no words
15. even more secrets
16. the plot thickens
17. concerned friends and 'friends'

11. you guys are dating?!

343 11 7
De outerxpce

Y/N's POV

practice was practice. aside from the awkward eye contact i'd make with suna, and the oh-so-eager kara watching my every movements, it was enjoyable. i set, my hitters hit, and our side almost won against the starters. if we had, i could've held that over the twins, but unfortunately, we didn't. i blame it on the rust and the men's net.

once everything was put away and the gym was swept, i walked outside to find kara waiting for me. her gaze lasted only a moment before it shifted to the presence behind me— or should i say presences. she waved.

"that was such a fun practice, you guys were really going at it!" she exclaimed. "is that what it's always like, or is that only because you guys are preparing for the upcoming tournament?"

i freeze, causing the twins to stumble behind me. quickly, and as casually as possible, i nudge atsumu and glance back to give him a look that says 'play along.' osamu will catch on, but atsumu might not. suna... i don't know about him. i can just hope for the best.

"it's definitely just for the upcoming tournament," i respond, faking a smile i've used all too much today. i feel atsumu's arm sling around my shoulders, tugging me in and messing with my hair.

"yeah, this girl wouldn't practice with us otherwise," he says delightedly, clearly enjoying my discomfort. i shoot him a subtle glare, but he doesn't seem to notice. or he's ignoring it.

kara watches us with brows furrowed. has she caught on to my lie? how will she react? she could deduce that i didn't want to set her up with suna, and that-

"are... are you two dating?"

i widen my eyes and look at atsumu, who looks at me with the same, confused expression. a laugh appears from next to us from osamu, and beside him is suna, whom i have been trying to avoid. suna's watching us, watching me, awaiting my response.

remembering atsumu's arm around my shoulder, i push him off and shake my head. atsumu seems to distance himself from me too.

"absolutely not." i tell kara. atsumu nods in agreement. a smirk grows on kara's lips and i can just tell that she doesn't believe us.

"i won't tell anyone," she says in an excited, hushed voice. she leans in so that only i can hear her next words, "we could go on a double date!"

i shake my head, putting my hands out. "kara, atsumu and i are not dating, i swear."

"yeah yeah, so you say. i'll keep it a secret, don't worry," she winks. osamu's still snickering, nudging his brother. meanwhile, suna decides to come closer to kara and i, ignoring the twins. he nods at kara in acknowledgment and turns to me, smirking. that stupid, suna smirk.

"is this why you were acting strange yesterday and today? you and atsumu..." he trails off.

"no!" i blurt a little too quickly. "it was just- i-," i look between kara and suna, and kara's staring back at me with pleading eyes. now's a good chance for me to set her up with him, but i do not want to use atsumu in this.

think y/n, think.

i got nothing.

"i get it, i get it," suna raises his hands, as if he understood this situation. "atsumu must've thought we were on a date the other night, hm?" he grins. my eyes flick to kara at those words, but she's expressionless. i close my eyes tight and inhale a deep breath.

"why don't we try a double date then!" i say in my cheeriest voice. the energy it takes to do such a thing is much more than one would expect. "i've always wanted to try it, because 4 is always better than 2, right?" that sounded so, incredibly, stupid.

suna blinks. kara beams. atsumu and osamu are still fighting.

"like- like you and- oh! you haven't been properly introduced yet! kara, this is suna. suna, this is kara- i mean sato. sato." i chuckle nervously, speaking too fast for my brain. suna gives her a tight lipped smile.

"and so you know, a double date- but it doesn't have to be an actual date!" i continue. "just like, friends hanging out, or whatever. it's always nice to make new friends. but if we did it in a date manner," the next words feel like vomit. "then i'd be with atsumu, and kara would be with suna!"

i should be with suna.

i quickly shake that thought out of my head. it had no business coming up like that.

"so you and atsumu are dating?" suna asks, clarifying. i thought he said that he "gets it."

"no... but in a double date manner, i'd be with atsumu."

"why not with me?" the boy cocks his head. i shut my eyes, gesturing to kara.

"because, you don't know kara, and i think it'd be a good opportunity for you to maybe try and be a nice, considerate, 'pretend' boyfriend." i say in somewhat of a mocking tone.

"i barely know you," he retorts. is he implying that he wants me to be his date? this boy, i swear.

"it'll be fun," the tone of my voice indicates that this is how it's going down, whether they like it or not. i mean, suna could refuse, but he didn't, so i'm taking that as a yes. atsumu- i'll have to tell him my plan and hope he doesn't say something that exposes me.

"fine, but if we're doing this, i want to choose the place," suna says.

"yes, of course!" kara responds before i can make a retort. suna flashes her a smile, and gives me a mischievous grin. i'm not sure if i like the sound of that.

"i'll make the groupchat later tonight," i tell the two in front of me. again, i'll have to tell atsumu everything. maybe osamu can tag along and wear a costume to help me with this. he's pretty good at that sort of thing— playing spy.

"sounds good," suna says, still watching me. can he just watch kara, please. i can't stand his greyish-green wolf eyes always trained on mine, as if i were some prey. they were also too beautiful to not look into.

ugh.

this day has been long enough, so i'm the first one to bid my farewell and make my trip home. i deny everyone's ask to walk with me, but i do recieve a messages from them when i check my phone.

KARA
> Omg you actually did it!!
> You're the best <3

SUNA
> sorry if i made atsumu jealous ;)
> but i'll choose a place u like... u can bet on it
> next time tho, just be my date ffs if it's not even gonna be the real thing dumbass

atsumu's peasants
ATSUMU
> y/n
> what is going on
> tell osamu we arent dating

OSAMU
> 👀.
> 1. how could you guys keep this from me
> 2. i always knew there was something going on between you two smh

all of this was measing with my head. before this week, i hadn't even hung out with a boy alone like i had with suna. the twins were different, it was typically a trio, and when it wasn't, we never felt that feeling of 'more than friends' arise.

now, i was to go on a double date with kara and suna, and still had to convince atsumu to do it.

i was flopped on my bed in my room, staring at the ceiling. this was overwhelming. with a sigh, i shift my head, my eyes landing on the pink stuffed animal suna had won and given to me.

a weird, strangling feeling got ahold of me. i had to get my act together. suna wasn't mine to begin with, and i had just met him this week. these feelings are nothing more than me having an interaction with a guy who was not atsumu or osamu. yeah, that was it.

i sit up, content with that thought. that was all it was. yes.

no feelings, whatsoever.

//

AUTHOR'S NOTE

yeah bet you didn't see this update comin, huh?? not even a week before the last one ;)

things are moving fast, and there's still kara's party that's happening who knows when. tune in next time to see what drama goes down — y/n must tell atsumu the plan, and suna seems to be... hm...

but thank you all for continuing to read and support, i appreciate it!!
- m

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

114K 4.6K 30
I hate this story but for some reason people really like it, so read at your own risk. Two families, the Miyas and the Sakusas. Well the Sakusas are...
221K 5.6K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
208K 11.1K 40
❝ man, i'm just here to take pictures of you so my club will stay alive. ❞ ↳ aimoto iori never expected ...