The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 73

34 5 6
By escapedrealities

I am falling. From a huge mountain.

I think I have been falling for almost an hour now, but there's no ground.

I keep falling and falling, something just doesn't feel right.

I think I am dreaming, which means I should be able to wake up.

But I can't.

I am aware of my body, but I can't feel anything touching me, I am just falling.

I try to open my eyes, but everything's stuck.

And then suddenly, I scream.

And wake up.

Fuck

Just when I thought the nightmares have stopped.

I turned my face to check on Harry, but he wasn't sleeping beside me.

Weird.

And then everything comes crashing back to me.

The cure.

But he said the cure was to be done tomorrow morning.

What's the time? Fuck. Fuck please.

Its 2:45 a.m.

Did he lie to me?

Or by morning he meant this early?

Maybe, he's in his room...

I got up and checked everywhere. But I didn't find him anywhere.

But when I came back towards the bed, I spotted a letter with "To Violet" written on the cover, lying on the nightstand.

No, NO.

Please, no.

I felt my vision slowly starting to blur as I gathered my phone, coat, car keys, and a pocket knife just in case.

Within the next ten minutes, I was out of the house.

Once in the car, I called Niall, but his phone was switched off, which just made my suspicion stronger since Niall never switched off his phone.

I can practically hear my own heartbeats over the sound of my car.

Okay, relax.

Now try to remember the address to the abandoned church.

You can do this Violet.

Okay, first of all, why does my inner voice sound like Harry?

It took me a while to remember the address, I even put it up in navigation to avoid any confusion.

Fortunately, the streets are all almost empty, so I didn't encounter any traffic.

I don't understand how can Harry do this to me?

He didn't even think of me enough to stay for a goodbye? Or was it too hard for him?

Yeah but its still completely his fault.

He is going to face some serious issues once this whole stupid cure process finishes.

I'll kick his ass if I have to.

After a few minutes of driving, I entered a more quiet, eerie and narrow road. Both sides where covered in trees.

Okay, now this is scary.

I had to squint to see the road clearly because it was way too dark outside.

After driving for almost twenty minutes, I started freaking out a bit, because

A) I dont think I am anywhere near the abandoned church

B) I can hear crickets now, just like they show in horror movies

and C) I have lost the internet coverage.

But there's only one road, I dont have any other option but to keep driving.

3:30 a.m. Crap.

I just hope I am not too late.

Please god, or whoever there is, please let me reach there on time.

And please let him be safe.

It was starting to get a little foggy now. Double crap.

Just when I thought of getting out of the car and yelling Harry's name, I saw some orange and yellow lights at a far distance, it looked like fire.

Oh thank god.

I sighed in relief and sped up the car.

____________________________________________

Harry's pov

I couldn't bring myself to wake her up. I just couldn't. She's possibly going to hate me forever for this. And if I make it out alive out of here, I am willing to spend the rest of my life making it up to her if she lets me.

I knew this when I lied to her, well, not technically.

I just told her that it was early in the morning, I didn't specify the timing.

It's full moon today, and at exactly 3:50 a.m., this priest is going to draw power from the moon at its full peak. I didn't understand parts of it, but I understood the overall gist.

He is going to undo a very old magical spell, and for that, he needs a lot of power. Apparently, he is going to draw power from all the five elements of the nature.

That is what takes us here, in the open ground beside the church, as I stand in the middle of a circle, surrounded by a huge bonfire at left, a river in the back, and the priest standing in front of me.

Cian, I mean, Niall is standing on my right, waiting anxiously.

Earlier, he hugged me and said that he is extremely sorry and he hopes that he can help me live the rest of my life peacefully, as a normal person.

I just told him to not be sorry, and that he'll always be my brother. For some reason, any doubt and fear that I had had disappeared the moment I felt his arms around me.

I had to take a bath in the river behind us earlier, that is considered holy water.

And now the priest, is he a priest really? or just a person who knows some magic spells?

Whoever he is, he is speaking something in Latin, I know the language somewhat.

He asked me to kneel and put my hands on my back, I obliged, and closed my eyes, waiting for fate to finally grant me justice.

Oh, I have waited so long for this, unconsciously, I have been longing for this moment. Even when there was no hope of anything.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my right palm, which was resting behind my back, followed by a wet feeling, my blood. Out of instinct, I tried to bring that hand in front to inspect but I realized that I was immobilized in my position. I couldn't do anything.

When I opened my eyes in panic, I saw the priest standing on my right, making a circle with my blood.

And to my shock, Cian stepped inside the circle.

NO! I screamed but nothing came out of my mouth. I had lost control.

Cian was smiling at me now, as the priest started reciting his spells quickly now.

"Take care of Purple," I saw his lips move, but I didn't hear his voice, although what he said was clear.

And the next thing I know, lights started to come together right above Niall's head.

There was Fire, water, thunder, and sand, I could sense the strong winds that were blowing too, but I couldn't feel that.

"NOOOOO!!!!!" I heard a familiar squeal, which made me shift my focus from Cian towards the source, but I couldn't see her.

I felt something stabbing me, Everything started burning, and aching, at once. I felt like I was about to explode.

I stopped hearing and feeling anything, for a moment, I felt myself leaving my body.

But with a strong force, something snatched me back to my body,

And then I could feel everything at once.

The wind howling angrily, the water gathering at my feet, the excruciating pain in my entire body, but most of all, the gut wrenching screams of Violet.

There was a heap of ashes inside the circle of my blood, where Cian stood earlier.

And next to that, was Violet, screaming at the priest who looked worn out.

I realized that I felt different. I could feel the pull of gravity which I had completely forgotten about, and I could see a very distorted version of my face in the water on the ground.

The cure has been successful, and I am mortal. I am normal.

But at what cost?

I would have never gone through with this if I knew that Cian- Niall had to die to make me normal.

It is one thing knowing that there's a faint chance of me dying, and a whole other thing of knowing that Niall HAS to die for the cure.

I guess that's why he didn't tell me this, and that's why he gave me that letter to keep it on the night stand just before we were leaving.

I gathered all the courage left in my body and got up from the ground, which caught Violet's attention.

"Why?" She whispered, tears pouring out of her eyes and wetting her cheeks, falling all the way to her chin, and collecting there.

I didn't have anything to say to her. So I just held my arms wide open for her to come in, with tears in my eyes as well.

This shouldn't have happened, but it has.

And I am not going to let Niall's sacrifice go to waste.

I can finally finish my life.

And then, I can rest.

Ah, sweet, sweet end, here I come.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, this is the last chapter.

I will post an epilogue next, and Niall's letter after that.

I cant believe I have finally done this. YES !!! I HAVE FINISHED A FREAKING NOVEL !!!

*Awkwardly dances*

Thank ya'll for reading this book, I will write a full on acknowledgements later because I have never reached that part ever in my whole life.

Anyway, before I start to embarrass myself, I shall take your leave.

Sincerely,

Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
50M 2M 38
Hadley Jamison doesn't know what to think when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, committed suicide. She didn't exactly know him, but that...
478 97 8
" ස්පර්ශයක්වත් නැතුව සමහරු ආදරේ කරනවා අරලිය, නමක් රෑපයක් විතරක් හිතේ මවාගෙන " " මම ආදරේ කරපු හැමදේම මට නැතිවුණේ, සමහර වෙලාවට මං දන්නේවත් නැතුව... හ...
7.9M 461K 48
Wang Li Xun, the Crown Prince, goes out hunting for the Celestial Flower to save his mother from a terminal illness. When he nearly dies from the att...