Start All Over × Luke Hemmings

By cuddlinghemmings

New Country. New School. New Friends. New Life. New Beginning. Fresh Start. Clean Slate. Start Over. Have you... More

First Day Jitters And New Friends.
Well That's Just Fab.
So I'm Not A Freak.
You Alright Nessa?
Meeting Mrs Bell.
Cute Late Night Phone Calls And Skype Dates.
First Fan Encounters.
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?
It's Like Girl Code.
Only A Dream.
Shopping Adventures And Water Balloons (Part One)
Shopping Adventures And Water Ballons (Part Two)
Yano, Mother's Instinct
Friendly Clifford.
He's A Cuddler.
You're A Cow, You Know?
He's Perfect, She's Perfect.
Door Knob!
We Make A Pretty Good Team.
Dat Epic Cute Date.
King And Queen.
Birthday Partay
Beach, Shopping, Bad News.
On Top Of The Fucking World.
Forever In My Heart.
And All These Little Things.
But I'm Your Dork.
For The Love Of A Daughter.
Harry's Party.
Let's Go Be Cute.
Hot Date.
Ruining Everything.
These Boy's Are Flipping Adorable.
Having You In My Life Is Enough.
Mrs Gaskarth And Mrs Tomlinson
You're An Evil Match Maker.
But He Promised.
Date Night.
Happy With Yourself Hemmings?
Touring And Party Planning.
Birthday Girl.
Party, Party, Party!
Digging Yourself A Bigger Hole, Hemmings.
If You Were Here, Everything Would Be Okay.
You Cheesy Fuck.
I Was Born Ready.
The Beauty Of My Social Life, Wow's Me.
Boys Are Dumb.
I Hate Goodbyes.

Are They Mad?

73K 1.2K 945
By cuddlinghemmings

Luke's P.O.V

We were roughly in the middle of performing Beside You the crowd was great today, really energetic and excited. I could hear faint yelling through the screams and lyrics been sung back to us.

I scanned the room looking for the girls the spot where they were standing was now occupied by four girls that had their back to the stage facing about six other girls it looked like they were having an argument I looked at the backs of the four girls and then I came to the realization that it was Vanessa, Jess, Stacey and Tesh.

What were they arguing about I thought. I hope everything is okay. Then Vanessa pushed passed the small crowd of girls and walked out the door soon to be followed by the other girls. It was obviously bad.

I looked at Calum whose eyes were also focused on the four girls exciting the room. We finished the song. I looked at Ashton who had his phone out hiding it behind his drum kit.

"Are you texting Jess?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah." He whispered back.

I went to grab my phone and text Vanessa but I remembered I had her phone in my pocket so that would just be a waste of time.

"Do you guys nowhere Tesh and the girls went?" Michael asked into the microphone, most of the crowd looked around.

"You don't need those dumb bitches anyway!" A girl yelled, who does she think she is saying that? I looked around at the boys they were just as shocked as I.

"That's a horrible thing to say!" Calum said into his microphone.

"But it's true." Another girl yelled.

"You boys can do so much better than them sluts." Another girl yelled, it was coming from the direction of where Vanessa, Jess, Stacey and Tesh were arguing so I guess it's all coming from the same six girls.

"They're not sluts and if you gave them a chance and got to know them you would know that!" I said into my microphone.

"Ignore these stupid people Luke! They don't know what they're talking about. I meet Vanessa before the show and she's perfect for you in my opinion." A nice girl yelled out.

"Thanks" I mumbled awkwardly.

"Jess and Tesh are also lovely girls! I didn't get a chance to talk to the other girl but I'm sure shes cool!" The same girl yelled out. All of us boys were now smiling, I'm glad some of our fans are nice.

"Well obviously that girl needs mental help!! Because I'm the one that's perfect for you Luke." Another mean girl yelled.

"You're a bitch and Luke's a nice guy! You two would be shit together actually!" Michael yelled back to the stupid girl.

"Ohhhhh" The crowd said waiting for her reaction.

"Shut up!" She said.

"Nice come back darling!" Calum said, I felt bad for the girl but she deserved it for being a dick.

"Can we just continue the show now please?" A girl asked politely from the front row.

"As soon as those six girls get removed we'll continue!" Calum said.

Two of our security guard dudes walked over to the six girls and got them to walk out the door without much drama. We only had three more songs to perform and then we can go look for the girls I thought to myself happily but then I remembered we have a meet and greet and I didn't want to disappoint the fans.

We finished Unpredictable, Teenage Dirtbag and Gotta Get Out. "Thank you for coming everyone! Sorry about the interruption." Michael said into is microphone.

"Are we still gonna do the meet and greet? We'll understand if you want to go look for the girls." I girl said from the front row, we all looked at each other, mentally asking each other what should we do. We got into a little huddle and discussed our options.

"We could hold a meet and greet tomorrow but only for the people that had tickets for this show." Calum suggested.

"Yeah, because Tesh and Vanessa are going shopping tomorrow so we hopefully won't have to worry about hate." Michael said.

"What about Jess and Stacey?' Ashton asks.

"They'll probably end up going shopping all together." I say.

"True!" Ashton says.

"So you all agree?" Calum asks.

"Yep!" We get out of our huddle and turn to the crowd.

"Have any of you got plans for tomorrow that you can't change?" Calum asks, the crowd was silent which was a good sign.

"How would you feel about doing the meet and greet tomorrow?" Michael asked, everyone cheered.

"So that's a yes for tomorrow?" I asked.

"YESSSS" They yelled back.

"Where will it be?" A girl asked.

"Umm." We all say.

"Do you all have twitter or a friend that does?" Ashton asked, everyone seemed to say yes.

"We'll do some brainstorming and we'll tweet the location later tonight." Ashton said.
There was a chorus of "OK's" and YAY's"

"We'll see you all tomorrow!" I say smiling.

"Don't miss us to much!" Calum says.

"We love you. Thank you for coming." Ashton says.

"Good bye!" Michael says and we all head off back stage.

We grabbed everything from our dressing room a quickly helped clean up the stage and backstage and rushed into Ashton's car. 

Vanessa's P.O.V

I feel bad for leaving Luke. "Don't let what they said get to you Nessa! They're only jealous that you get Luke and they don't" Jess said smiling at me.

"I just feel bad for leaving." I say sadly.

"He'll understand! The stuff they were saying was horrible!" Tesh says. We finished eating and now Jess and Tesh were in lala land talking and squealing about One Direction.

"Are you alright?" I asked Stacey, she lifted her head up from her phone.

"Yeah, fine." She says, followed by a smile, but it was a smile I knew only too well because I use to wear one everyday it was fake I could tell she was hurt because of the pain showing through her eyes.

I became pretty observant having no friends pretty much the whole time I've been at high school. I guess you could say I'm a great people reader.

Stacey went back to scrolling on her phone, Luke still had mine so I was left with nothing to do and my thoughts to run wild, I kept thinking about all the names I've been called in the time span of a few hours and how much I've cried today.

You're pathetic my brain kept telling me, my thoughts are never nice to me I always have the most negative thoughts and it drives me crazy.
Thoughts like does Luke even like me, are them girls right, is this all just a game to him? Of course it is you dumb girl he secretly hates you.

See I told you captain negative over here. "Just shut up!" I mumbled under my breath I looked up hoping nobody noticed but I looked up to find Jess looking at me.

"What ya say Nessa!?" She asked.

"Oh nothing." I smiled at her.

Stacey's P.O.V

Jess and Tesh were fangirling over One Direction which wasn't of much interest to me so I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my twitter taking advantage of the free wifi that for once decided to work.

"Are you alright?" Vanessa asked me, I looked up to see Vanessa sad concerned face looking at me.

"Yeah, fine!" I said lying then plastering a fake smile on my face cause to be honest I felt like shit they didn't say anything that bad to me like they did to the other girls but it still hurt. I could tell that Vanessa didn't fall for my answer but decided not to push the matter and lied her head down on the table in front of her.

The things these girls were saying to Vanessa on twitter today were crazy I'm glad they haven't found my twitter yet. I quit out of my twitter app and tapped onto my Instagram app, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed I came across the photo of Tesh, Vanessa and I that Vanessa took before we left.

I liked it and went to leave a comment there was almost 1000 comments on it. "Go on Vanessa's Instgram!" I said reading through the comments there was the odd comment from some nice people saying we looked pretty but most of them were hate comments. Tesh and Jess grabbed their phones.

"Hurry up turn on!" Jess yelled at her phone.

"Ugh. Same here!" Tesh yelled at her phone.

"Can I see? Luke still has my phone." Vanessa asks me. I pass her my phone her face going from happy to sad to angry and then back to sad, she passed it back.

"Another bunch of lovely fans!" She says sarcastiy.

"Guys! I have like 16 texts from the boys and 7 missed calls." Jess says.

"Yeah, Me too." Tesh says.

Calum hadn't tried to call or text me does he not care. "Well what they say?" Vanessa asks.

"Mainly just asking where we are and if we're alright." Tesh says, then Jess's phone starts ringing, she picked it up.

"It's Ash." She says.

"Answer it, I guess they're finished." Vanessa say's.

"Hello." Jess says into the phone.

"We're at maccas... Yep... Some fans got bitchy and Vanessa got angry I think she was ready to punch them... Hang on..." She said into the phone.

"Are you's ready to get picked up?" Jess asked. We all said yes.

"Hell yeah. I needa rant on Tumblr." Vanessa says laughing.

"And I also need my phone, make sure Luke has it please." She says to Jess.

"Hey you still there?.. Yup we ready.. Does Luke have Nessa's phone?.. Sweet see you soon.. Love you too.. Sorry.." Jess said into the phone.

"Are they mad?" Vanessa asks.

"I don't think so." Jess says.

Luke's P.O.V

"So where do we start?" Calum asks.

"Did you try Stacey? Jess and Tesh aren't answering." Ashton asks Calum.

"My phones flat." Calum says.

"We could try there house?" I suggest.

"I'll try Jess one more time." Ashton says, he taps on his phone a bit and then holds his phone to his ear.

"Oh my god you answered where are you's?... Are you alright?.. Great, why did you leave?.. That would have been pretty funny, they got bitchy to us to so they got kicked out. Can we come get you?.." Ashton said into the phone, I was so happy she answered.

"She's just asking the other girls if they want picked up!" He says smiling.

"Yep.. You girls ready?.. Great, we'll be there soon.." Ashton say's into his phone.

"Luke you got Vanessa's phone?" He asks me.

"Yup." I say.

"Yeah he's got it.. Ok love you.. I'm glad you're alright you scared me.." He said into the phone then hung up.

"Where are they?" Calum asked.

"Are they okay?" Michael asked.

"They're at maccas and yeah I think so." Ashton says, they went to maccas seriously?

"So they left cause they were hungry?" I ask.

"No, the same girls that were yelling at us were yelling at them and getting bitchy and apparently Vanessa looked as though she was about to punch them. So they left." Ashton says.

"Oh." I say, Vanessa can get pretty feisty, we drove to the macca's that was closest to the venue which was hopefully the one they're at it's probably about a 30 minute walk away from the venue. We parked in the parking lot I looked through the window and I could see Jess and Tesh and Stacey but not Vanessa.

Vanessa's P.O.V

"Are they mad?" I asked when Jess got off the phone.

"I don't think so." She said.

"They were just worried." She added, I rested my head back on the table I was so tired after the mountain of tears I had cried today, I just wanted to go home blast my Ipod in my ears and sleep and I hope everyone will let me do that.

"I see them." Tesh says poking my arm.

"Do you think they'll want to eat?" I ask.

"They're four teenage boys when aren't they eating?" Tesh says smiling at me.

"Good point." I say laughing, I turn my head and look out the window.

"We were really worried." I hear Michael say running over to the table, I sat up properly and smile at him.

"Luke was bloody near fainting, we couldn't see your head through the window so he thought you had left again." Calum said laughing, I looked at Luke and he had a small blush appearing on his face.

Luke slipped in beside me and pulled out my phone and passed it to me. "I'm never taking this off you again." He says.

"Thanks." I say unlocking it and checking my messages I had a few from Jake, asking me to ring him as soon as I can.

"Uhh.. I have to ring my brother, I'll be back in a second." I say standing up and waiting for Luke to move.

"I'll go with you." Luke say's.

"I'm quite capable of looking after myself Luke, I'm not some kid." I say harshly.

"Sorry." He mumbles sitting back down, I probably shouldn't have said that I walk out the door and call Jake.

Luke's P.O.V

"I'm quite capable of looking after myself Luke. I'm not some kid." Vanessa said to me harshly.

"Sorry" I mumbled, and sat back down with my head down biting my lip it's something I do in an awkward situation or if I'm nervous.

"Don't take it personally Luke, she's not in the best mood and she's really tired." Jess says.

"Yeah." I say not completely convinced, maybe she hates me now cause of what has happened today.

"Luke. Seriously if you want this relationship to work you're gonna have to man up! Vanessa's life has obviously been one big mess and she came her to start fresh. But your fans found out some how about her past and now everyone on twitter knows and she never wanted that. You need to be there for her. Yes she will probably get angry and yell sometimes but I know she really does care about you and I know you care to so you have to prove it to her." Tesh says to me.

"And how do I show her I care?" I ask, cause I'm useless at this kind of thing.

"You have to listen to her and don't judge her and see it from her point of view." Stacey says.

"I can do that." I say.

"Well you're off to a brilliant start then." Tesh says smiling at me.

"Oh, compliment her as much as possible. Girls like that." Jess says.

"Make her feel good about herself and don't pressure her into anything she doesn't want to do." Tesh adds.

"And just be there for her whenever she needs someone." Stacey says.

"Oh and cuddles are good." Tesh says.

"Yes and tight hugs, when she's crying they must be tight hugs so there is no space between you at all cause that'll make her feel better." Jess says.

"Sometimes all you need is a good hug and for someone to tell you they care and you have to mean it, don't say you care if you aren't 100% sure." Stacey says.

"Okay, so listen, compliments, be nice, no pressuring and hugs. I can do all of that." I say happily.

"Well that's great then." Tesh says.

"And don't break her heart." Jess says.

"I won't." I say, that is top of my I will never list.

"Okay I think he's got it girls, don't scare him too much." Michael says. 

Vanessa's P.O.V

"Hey Jake, what's up?" I say into the phone.

"Have you seen your twitter?" He asks.

"Yeah. Have you?" I ask.

"Yep, you kept it open on my laptop, did you see the one about him?" He asked, we didn't call him our dad cause he never treated us the way a dad should treat his children.

"Yep. Jake uh.. Luke, Tesh, Stacey, Ashton, Cal, Michael and Jess all know about him. Sorry. They were asking questions about the tweet and I couldn't lie to them and I trust them" I say hoping he wouldn't be angry cause we said we wouldn't talk about him cause this is our fresh start.

"It's okay I understand, but who's Jess? Have I met her?" He asks.

"Oh, um Ashton's girlfriend we meet today but we just clicked she's really cool and funny." I say.

"Oh alright then, how'd they take it?" He asks.

"Well I think. All the girls were crying, Luke had a few tears, Cal was nearly in tears and Michael and Ash just had really sad faces. They all just hugged me and yeah." I explain.

"Well that's great, they all seem like great people, I'm so happy you've found some trustworthy nice friends unlike that Taylor bitch." He says.

"Oh trust me, me too." I say.

'How was the show?" He asked next.

"Well I missed most of it." I say.

"Why?"

"There were some girls and they were being really rude and calling me names and talking about him. So I sorta just walked out and us girls went to macca's." I explain.

"Shit! Really? How do the fans even know about him?"

"I have no flipping clue. I didn't tell anyone until today."

"They're like the FBI."

"I know right crazy bitches." He laughed.

"Yes. When will you be home? I'm home alone and will if they found out about our dad they'll probably have our address soon too." He says, sounding worried.

"I shouldn't be much longer, where's mum?" I ask.

"Uh at a meeting I think."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just worried about you and if my friends will be my friends once they find out about our asshole father."

"It'll be fine, I promise. You'll always have me Jake."

"And you'll always have me."

"Thank you Jake, I better go, text me or call if you get scared or whatever. I won't be long. Love you lil dude." I say.

"Me scared ya dreaming. Na um, yeah I will. Love you too." He says.

"I mean it call okay?"

"Yes I will."

"Okay bye."

'Bye." I then hung up and walked back into mcdonalds. I walked back over to the table everyone was sitting at, "Everything ok?" Jess asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Is Jake alright?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, he seen my twitter and wanted to know if I was alright." I say sitting down next to Luke, hoping he wasn't mad at me for being a cow.

"Aw. He's so caring." Tesh says.

"Yeah. When are we leaving?" I ask.

"Let me finish this, and I'll take you home." Ashton said pointing to his burger.

"Thanks Ash." I say.

"Oh um sorry for leaving early, you guys were amazing though I look forward to the next concert I can go to." I say while smiling at all the boys.

"Well thank you Nessa, we look forward to playing for you again." Calum says.

"We understand why you left. Don't worry." Ashton adds. Everyone breaks off into their own little conversations. "Luke?" I say.

"Yeah." He turns and faces me.

"Sorry for being a cow before, I shouldn't have been so harsh." I say apologizing for earlier.

"It's okay sweetie, I understand, I shouldn't treat you like a kid. I'm sorry too." He says wrapping is arm around my shoulder.

I cuddled into his chest and just lied there. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He whispered in my ear.
---------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 268 42
"You need to hang on." he told her through his tears. "I need you." She nodded. "You come back to me alive." he whispered. He leaned in and gently ki...
270K 10.6K 39
He was silent. He didn't like talking. Being abused could do that to a person. And having a lisp and a stutter didn't help. He hadn't said a word in...
Cover By Joanne

Fanfiction

10.1K 377 20
Michael has always been shy and timid. Not because he was abused at home or anything like that. In fact, he had very loving parents. Very rich, lovin...
2.1M 51.8K 38
I'm Caroline Evans, originally from London and I'm seventeen. My family transferred here to Sydney, not because of my dad's work or whatever common r...