Heaven On Fire

By caitygotwords

BOOK ONE OF THE "BROKEN" SERIES "He looked like Heaven. She felt like Fire." Blaise Nightshade. A small, feis... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
Not an update...
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
Thanks!
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R T H I R T Y
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
B O O K T W O

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

549 22 16
By caitygotwords

Applesauce~ Sam.Sts

~B A B Y G I R L~
"Did I tell you that you look ravishing today?"

SAINT TAKES a large sip of water, trying to wash away the nerves he feels. His first ever basketball game in the US is about to start in less than ten minutes and he's more nervous than he's ever been. Usually his team would be able to calm him down with their confidence and jokes, but this team is different. No one is making jokes, hyping the team up, or just having enough confidence that everyone starts to feed off of it. It doesn't help that everyone in the crowd seems to be there because there's nothing else to do, not like they want to be here.

This is gonna be a shit show. Saint thinks bitterly.

"Saint!" He hears a familiar voice call for him.

The tall boy looks up from his spot on the bench. When he sees his girl waving to him with a large smile on her face, he feels his heart swell.

She came.

He watches as Blaise hops down the bleachers adorably, looking amazing in her outfit. Her hair is in a messy bun, little hairs framing her face. She has on silver hoop earrings and is wearing a few chains around her neck. Her face has minimal makeup on it, but the pink lip gloss makes him want to kiss her lips even more. However her outfit surprises him slightly. She's wearing a black, lacy top with a sweetheart neckline and thin straps, a black and white plaid, oversized button-up over that that she left open, some light wash jeans that were ripped only at the knees, and some AF1s. Not to mention the new tiny, black, leather backpack she's carrying on her shoulder. He isn't used to seeing her in such clothing. She usually only wears clothes that cover her physique— for the most part anyway.

Blaise's outfit.

"Hey sweetheart!" She greets happily.

"Hey Blaise," he greets, slightly stunned by the beauty on her face. He's never seen her so happy before. Maybe she likes basketball?

She bounces once she sees him, her hand resting suspiciously on her bag. "You look really good with your hair like that, baby," she compliments, talking about his man bun. She gasps. "OMG, we're twinning!" She giggles.

Or maybe she really likes weed and had some before coming here?

Saint chuckles at her enthusiasm despite his confusion. She's just too cute, he can't possibly keep the smile off his face. "Thank you, babe. What's up with you, why're you so peppy?"

Blaise blushes slightly at his use of the pet name. I like it when he calls me that. "Spence gave me gummy worms!" She cheers.

Saint hums in understanding. "Ah, I see. Is that the only reason? You're not excited to, oh, I dunno, see your favorite man?" He teases.

Blaise bites her lip to stop from smiling too much. "Of course I am! In fact..." she excitedly digs into her tiny bag and pulls out a grey box. She holds it out in front of her, bouncing more than a Mexican jumping bean.

"I got you a gift!"

Saint awes silently. Gosh, she's so cute. He carefully takes the box into his hand. "Thank you, Ember. This means a lot."

Blaise blushes once more. She messes with her fingers. "Y-you didn't even open it yet, silly. You don't know if you like it."

"If it's from you I'm sure I'll love it," he says, meaning every word.

Blaise places her hands on her cheeks, trying to cover the redness. "J-just open it already," she mumbles, embarrassed.

Saint chuckles lowly and opens the box the color of his eyes. His silver orbs widen in surprise and he examines the baby blue watch in the box. The face is decorated with flames and the hands are even a fiery orange to match. The watch looks just like his favorite pair of Converse.

"Oh no, you hate it!" Blaise whines, taking his silence and a sign of disappointment. She scrambles to take the watch back. "I'll return it right away! Good thing I kept the receipt. Damn it I knew you would hate it— hey, give it to me!"

Blaise is practically climbing Saint as he holds his gift over his head.

"Blaise, calm down! I love it," he assures.

She stops trying to get it. "You... you do?"

"Ember this is amazing! I'll wear it every day, that's how cool it is." And he's not lying; Saint really will wear this watch every day.

"Donovan! We need you over here!" Coach Jackson calls.

The Australian boy turns to his friend. "Cheer for me?"

She grins softly. "I'll be the loudest one in the stands."

He leans down at kisses her forehead. "Thank you so much for the gift, babygirl. I love it," he whispers.

Jesus Christ, my poor heart. Blaise thinks, getting flustered.

"A-anytime, sweetheart."

She quickly gives him a hug, glad to feel his strong body near hers. She then scurries back to her spot on the bleachers, wishing her hair was down so she could hide her red face.

If he keeps treating me like this, I'll fall in love.

Blaise watches as Saint runs onto the court when the buzzer sounds.

Who am I kidding? I already am.

Saint looks up into the stands and blows her a kiss. "This is for you!" He mouthes.

Blaise rolls her eyes. She blows a kiss back. Spencer nudges her arm.

"Seems like y'all are getting even closer," he teases with a knowing smirk.

Blaise bites her lip. "I dunno, maybe we are."

Spencer chuckles. "Well then I guess now's as good a time as any to ask."

She tilts her head. "Ask what?"

Will leans forward so she can see her from her spot next to Spencer. "Do you like him?"

Blaise doesn't even hesitate. "Yes, I do."

MC squeals and wraps her arms around her best friend. "Yes! I knew it! This is so exciting!"

Spencer sighs. "Damn, then I guess that means our time is up, Blaiser."

She smirks. "Now you'll have to put your full energy into getting with Azzy."

Will snorts. "The day he wins me over is the day pigs fly while he speaks to me in perfect Japanese," she retorts.

Spencer chuckles lowly. I'll be sure to remember that, Will.

MC shushes her sister. "Hush, Azzy. They're about to start!"

As soon as the team walks out onto the court, Blaise is the first to cheer for them— well for Saint, anyway. The next person to cheer is, unsurprisingly, Bellatrix. She's sitting right near Blaise wearing something far too dressy for a school basketball game. But Blaise can't deny that she looks good. In fact, her outfit, perfect space buns, and amazing makeup is causing Blaise to feel slightly self conscious. She knows that Trixy likes Saint and looking like how she does now, the perfect girl-next-door, they'd look like an amazing couple.

Bellatrix

Bellatrix's outfit

Blaise sighs. Sometimes she wished she never changed who she was. That she was still the peppy, adorable, outgoing girl who was obsessed with pink. People liked her and she was always surrounded by friends. Now she's... well.. Blaise. Trixy has every right to be rude and nasty towards Blaise since Blaise is rude and nasty to everyone else. But it's just the fact that she's going after her Saint that makes her not like Trixy. She's just so perfect and Blaise knows that. She knows she isn't the right choice for Saint. But, goddamnit, if she wasn't going to fight to win that man's heart.

MC nudges her friend. "You okay?" She inquires. She knows that Trixy being here is bothering her.

Blaise snaps out of her thoughts. "Y-yeah, I'm good."

She watches as Saint jogs across the court just as he's finished shooting a basket. She smiles brightly and waves when she sees him wink towards her in the stands. Trixy and her friends giggle, thinking that Saint is winking at them. Blaise narrows her eyes at them. She cups her hands around her mouth to make her voice sound louder.

"That's my man right there!" She yells obnoxiously.

The crowd chuckles at her statement but Bellatrix and her friends glare back at her. She gives them a smug look and wave before focusing back on the game.

The two teams go back and forth, both having amazing offense but Saint's teammates are slacking a tad on the defense. Saint or Jeremiah make up for that in their amazing shots though. Especially when Saint does a slam dunk at the buzzer at the end of the second quarter.

At half-time, Blaise gets up to go to the restroom to check on her makeup. When she gets in there she sees that Bellatrix is already there applying some more lipgloss. She looks at her plump lips in envy.

Lucky bitch. She was born with some good ass genes.

Trixy watches as Blaise fluffs her hair. She's so damn pretty. If only she wasn't such an asshole.

Blaise glances over to Trixy. "Um, can I help you?"

Trixy blushes slightly. She didn't realize she was staring. "S-sorry. It's just— never mind," she looks down at her cute, white, mini backpack.

Blaise crosses her arms. "No, what were you gonna say?"

Trixy bites her lip. "Nothing it's just that... well, you look very pretty today and I like what you did with your hair," she mumbles.

Blaise's eyes widen comically. "O-oh. Thanks." She tucks a dark strand behind her ear. "I like your backpack, by the way."

Trixy grins softly. "Thanks, I just got it yesterday."

Blaise motions to her bag. "Same."

The girls look around the room, trying to figure out if they should fill the silence or just leave. Finally, Trixy just blurts out what she's been wanting to ask Blaise since she met her.

"Why do you hate me?" She wonders.

Blaise looks taken aback. "Well shit, that's a question if I've ever heard one."

Trixy freezes up and quickly looks down to her shoes. "Sorry, that was so stupid."

Blaise shakes her head. "No, it's not, it's just... I didn't expect it, that's all." She clears her throat. "I don't hate you, Bellatrix."

Trixy gives her a look of disbelief.

"I mean it! I really don't hate you."

"Then why have you been mean to me since eighth grade?"

Blaise sighs. "I... I don't know, to be honest. Maybe it's the fact that I lost my dad and I was so angry with the world. Or maybe it was the fact that I was jealous of how happy you looked living the life that I used to live." She's not going to sugarcoat her feelings. Blaise has never been that type of girl. "All I know is that if I could take back how mean I was to you— to everyone— I would." I'd take back a lot of things if I could.

Trixy blinks in surprise. "Wow. I-I don't know what to say. That was... very honest of you, Blaise."

She shrugs. "I don't like to beat around the bush."

Trixy chuckles. "This I know."

Blaise rubs the back of her neck nervously. "How's your nose, by the way?"

Trixy touches her nose lightly, as if remembering the pain she felt. "You didn't break it, so that's good. It's just a little sore now."

Blaise sucks in a breath. "I'm really sorry about that. I'm extra mean when I'm sleepy."

Trixy laughs. "I honestly deserved it. But your reflexes! I thought what you did only happened in the movies!"

"When you're raised by an overprotective cop, he teaches you a thing or two about how to protect yourself. One of those things being: always stay alert, even if you're asleep."

"Your dad must've been amazing," She compliments.

Blaise smiles softly, remembering his handsome face and happy aura. "The best."

After talking for a bit, the two girls leave the bathroom together, laughing at a memory they were reminiscing. Stopping at the front of the bleachers, Trixy turns to Blaise with a smirk.

"Don't think that we're friends now after this," she says.

Blaise raises an eyebrow. "Oh, and why not?"

"I don't make friends with my competition," she crosses her arms over her chest, a smug look on her pretty face.

Blaise copies the action. "Oh really? And what, pre tell, are you talking about?"

"We both like Saint. Obviously he can only choose one—"

Blaise chuckles. "Oh honey, I figured that's what you meant. I just wanted to hear you say it."

Trixy rolls her eyes. "And what's so funny?"

"Nothing. Just that you don't have worry about us not being able to be friends," she moves in to whisper in Trixy's ear. "We all know that I've already won."

The two girls giggle, but there's a fiery glint of competition in their eyes. No hostility anymore, just friendly banter. They walk back to their confused friend groups just as the buzzer rings for the start of the third quarter.

In the last quarter, the other team starts to get desperate. They notice that they either lose or it ends in a draw. That's the only way they can make it up with them at 60 and Saint's team at 70 with only two minutes left in the quarter. A lot can happen in two minutes, sure, but with the way Saint's team is strengthening their defense, there isn't much they can do at this point.

Right at the start of a play, Saint and Jeremiah are standing shoulder-to-shoulder to stop one of the players from getting through. Before the ref even blows the whistle to start, the boy walks up the two and "bumps" into them. The boys don't move and just glare down at him. He continues to do this, all while whining to the ref about them pushing him. Finally, annoyed with the boy's whining, the ref blows her whistle and calls a foul.

Blaise clenches her fists in anger. She can't stand when whiny brats get their way. Not to mention ones with horrible sportsmanship. God, that kid has been annoying me this whole game.

A few minutes later, Saint is coming up to make a shot. He's got several of his teammates guarding him and there doesn't seem to be a way the other guys are getting through. But, lo and behold, the kid from earlier runs by Saint and shoulders his stomach really hard. Saint drops the ball and stumbles back, holding onto his ribs. His teammates all see what happen and they all go to argue with the ref. Coach Jackson goes over to argue as well. But since neither ref was able to see it, seeing as Saint was completely surrounded by his teammates, they don't call a foul.

Blaise is livid, among the rest of her school, and pops up from her spot in the stand. Spencer looks over to her with a smirk.

This should be good. He thinks.

Blaise stomps down to the bottom of the bleachers.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Are you fucking blind?! He clearly elbowed him in the stomach!" She growls.

The refs whistles at her.

She glowers. "Don't whistle at me! Use that shit on them! They're the ones who should have a foul!"

"Can someone get that girl to shut up?!" The coach from the other team yells.

"Yeah sweetheart! Sit your pretty ass down and keep quiet like you're supposed to," the kid who elbowed Saint teases.

Blaise rolls up the sleeves of her flannel. "I'll shut you the fuck up, how about tha—"

Saint runs up to her and places his hands on her shoulders, blocking her from going up to fight the kid. Not because he's worried about her, he just doesn't want there to be a lawsuit against her for putting some brat in the hospital.

"Blaise, calm down. You're gonna get kicked out if you don't go back to your seat," he warns.

She snaps her green eyes up to him. "He fucking hurt you, babe. I'm not gonna let him get away with it!"

"Someone get that girl off the court!" A ref yells.

"Yeah, keep your girl on a leash, Donovan!" The kid hollers.

The female ref points a finger at him. "Shut up, kid."

Blaise sneers. "Fucking say it to my face, you punk ass motherfucker!"

Coach Jackson tries to hide his amusement. He clears his throat to sound more serious. "Saint! Either calm your girlfriend down or you're on the bench for next game!"

Blaise gasps in absolute outrage. "How dare you threaten him! He got elbowed in the fucking ribs, for fucks—"

Saint, out of panic, grabs onto the back of Blaise's head and smashes their lips together. Blaise freezes slightly but quickly melts into the kiss. The sound of everyone's gasps can be heard, along with some hoots from Jeremiah, Spencer, and MC.

The two don't notice the sounds around them, however, and are lost in the feel of their lips being pressed together. Saint's lips are soft and full while Blaise's taste like bubblegum from her lipgloss. Saint softly bites her bottom lip before pulling away to whisper in her ear.

"There'll be a lot more where that came from. I just need you to go and sit down, okay babygirl?" He mumbles huskily.

Blaise, still stuck in a trance, slowly nods her head with a dazed look in her eyes. "O-okay."

He squeezes her hip. "No more outbursts?"

Blaise plays with her fingers and nods shyly.

"Words, baby."

She blinks up at him with wide eyes. "Okay, Saint. N-no more outbursts."

He kisses her forehead. "That's my girl."

Blaise quickly pecks his cheek before scurrying back to her seat, her face beet red from blushing. MC squeals happily when she sits down while Spencer and Will start to tease her. Even Bellatrix looks back at her and gives her a wink.

MC looks at the interaction in confusion. "Am I missing something, or...?"

"We're cool now," Blaise "explains".

Spencer snorts. "It's a day of miracles. We're up by seven, Saint finally grew a pair and kissed Blaise, and now The Teacher's Pet and the Delinquent are besties."

Will pops a Laffy Taffy into her mouth. "I wonder what'll happen next."

Spencer wiggles his brows at her. "Maybe some pigs will start flying and I'll start speaking Japanese."

Will glares at him. "Or maybe you'll shut up for once in your life."

Spencer clutches his chest. "You wound me so."

MC giggles. "That means she likes you."

Will rolls her eyes but doesn't comment.

Blaise points at the small smirk on her friend's face. "OMG, she does! Look, she's smiling!"

Will holds up a very rude finger. "Shut the fuck up."

MC frowns and starts to scold her sister in Japanese. The two start bickering back and forth.

"What the fuck are they saying?" Spencer asks, leaning in to Blaise.

"I think you mean 'nani the fuck are they saying?'," she jokes.

Spencer rolls his eyes. "You're so dumb."

Blaise turns back to watch the game. "And yet you're trying not to laugh."

"I'm not even close to laughing—" Spencer is interrupted when Blaise starts tickling his stomach. He lets out a few giggles, trying to move away from her.

Blaise stops. "See? I told you. I'm a comedic genius."

Spencer rolls his eyes. "You just tickled me—"

"Genius."

~••~

BLAISE, SPENCER, MC, and Will are all hanging out in front of the school after the game, waiting for Saint to come out of the locker room. Their team won for once in a long time and everyone from their school is raving about it. Not to mention the steamy moment between Saint and Blaise.

Bellatrix walks up to Blaise and taps her on the shoulder. Blaise turns to her.

"It seems we can be friends now," she says cheekily.

Blaise giggles. "Oh yeah? And what changed your mind."

She shrugs. "It looks as if I've lost this 'competition' of ours."

Blaise shakes her head in amusement. "I told you that you didn't stand a chance."

Trixy rolls her eyes. "Yeah yeah." She gets a mischievous look on her face. "So, how was the kiss?"

Blaise blushes. "It was whatever," she mumbles.

MC squeals once more. "OMG, you guys are so adorable! My ship has finally sailed!"

Spencer looks up at something behind Blaise. He smirks and taps MC and Will. The two sisters look at it too and give each other a knowing smirk. Trixy just bites her lip and waves to Blaise.

"See ya at school, Blaise," she then giggles and walks away with Spencer and the Tanaka sisters.

Blaise raises an eyebrow. "Weirdos," she mutters.

Suddenly, a strong arm wraps around Blaise's waist. She's about to tell the person off, but when she sees the familiar gift she gave to a certain someone on their wrist, she stops herself.

Saint leans down to whisper in Blaise's ear. "Did I tell you that you look ravishing today?"

Blaise feels her face heat up. I must look like a tomato. "Um, n-no, you didn't."

He moves around to stand in front of her. "That's no good. I should tell my babygirl things like that more often."

Blaise's eyes widen. "S-saint?" She questions.

He smiles brightly. "Yeah?"

She tries not to get distracted by his gorgeous grin. "U-um, are y-you okay? You're acting very... different."

He leans down and tucks a hair behind her ear. "Believe it or not, this is the way I act around my girlfriend."

She loses the air in her lungs. "G-girlfriend?" She chokes out.

He gives her a look of concern, his boldness starting to go away. "Is that not okay?"

Blaise quickly composes herself. "No! It's fine! It's just," she looks down at her shoes. "I didn't think you liked me like that."

Saint chuckles. "Of course I do, baby. What's not to like?"

Blaise blushes profusely. She's never been one to get all flustered, yet that's all she seems to be doing today. "I... I don't know what to say," she mumbles.

Saint places his fingers on her chin and lightly tips her face up to look at him. "Just say yes."

She raises an eyebrow in question. "Hmm?"

Saint takes a deep breath, as if preparing himself. "Blaise Nightshade, would like to go on a date with me?"

Blaise's eyes sparkle in excitement as she starts jumping up and down. There's a beaming smile on her face and she can't help the squeals escaping her mouth.

Saint rubs the back of his neck. "Is... is that a yes?"

Blaise jumps up and wraps her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. As a reflex, Saint holds her up but her butt.

"Yes, yes, yes!" She says, kissing Saint's face in between each word.

Saint laughs. "How many gummy worms did Spencer give you?"

"Two bags!" She answers, happy as can be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 89.3K 103
|Bad Boy| "Could you take care of a broken soul?"-Jess Glynne Blaze Xander is alluring, attractive, and severely charming. All the girls at Homewood...
143K 4.6K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
238K 4.3K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
14.1K 1.4K 44
What could possibly go wrong when a demon who enjoys following the rules and an angel intent on breaking them get assigned to the same human? They en...