Covens At War

By mrsnicky_

Him and everything he was made my blood boil. His family didnt like mine, mine didnt like his. Our covens wer... More

Pilot
Fun
Deals
Hate + Love
Rock wall
Selfishness
Ideas
Establishment
Individual
Technical
Some how
Approval
Explain
Denial
Derogatory
Tentatively
Ordinary
Signal
Unintentional
Recovery
Artificial
Nobility
Development
Childish
Overall
Occasionally
Priority
Functional
Untied
Typical
Unbelievable
Critical
Driven
Vital
Distinct
Dismissal
Proven
Logical
Belonging
Level
Lovely
Hysterical
Chase
Driven
Bliss
Lethal
Possible
Memories
Prince
Begins
Antic
Upset
Vocal
Hell
Party
<3
Fall
Epic
Finale

Clarity

378 9 44
By mrsnicky_

He brought the phone up to his ear and called the people he left Marty with.

"Tell me your not still driving Frank." He said angrily.

"Had a few traffic problems out back, we are driving."

"What is the point of having him in that truck if you cant run cars out if the way! Turn the lights on, do not stop, and deliver him to my witches!"

"Copy that."

Damon brought the phone down from his face. As he stepped down on the gas lightly. I didnt know what to say or do so I watched outside.

Not too long after I saw an ambulance rolled over on its side with a truck not too far away from it.

"Damon, we found em." I whispered as I stared at the wreck. Damon slammed on the brakes and did a fast u-turn.

Damon and I got out of the car while Ric stayed, we searched and couldn't find the body until I heard the vampire 'cant enter' sound. I slightly tapped Damon and he saw what was happening as we both looked over towards a house not too far away. Marty was obviously inside.

We ran over and Damon caught what seemed to be a bomb that Stefans taker threw.

"Funs over." He smiled at the guy.

"No.. I really dont think so." He said calmly as he grabbed a plank of wood and snapped it in half with his knee. "Funs just begun." He chuckled, I was behind him and shot him with vervain as he lunged at Damon. Damon stood there naturally as he smiled, watching the body fall.

***

We got both Marty and 'Stefan' back to the motel Kai and Valerie were at. Damon and I laid them down on the beds as Ric and Valerie watched, Kai wasnt here yet.

"Where is Kai?" I asked as I stepped aside from the Stefan situation.

"Right here." He said playfully as he walked through the door holding candles. I knew my face lit up as I saw him, I was practically connected to him in a way I couldn't explain. I could hear a very low growl come from Damon as he saw my expression. "You helping with the spell?" Kai asked.

"Not a Gemini, there'd be no greater effect then two Geminis doing the spell rather than a Gemini and a Solar doing the spell." I hummed as I walked over to Damon, he chuckled as I stood close next to him. "What are you laughing at." I asked him.

"Solar?" He repeated with humor in his voice.

"Mhmm." I hummed unamused. "What were we going to name it, the Capricorn coven?" I asked smiling at Kai, he rolled his eyes. "We didnt name our covens, cant change them either. I've been a Solar my whole life, they've been Geminis their whole lives just as you've been a Salvatore your whole life." Damon shrugged accepting the name of my now dead coven.

Valerie grabbed Marty's hand while Kai grabbed Stefans, then they linked hands themselves are started the spell. The words they spoke was just a bunch of Latin I didnt want to unscramble so I didnt, I just listened to the slurs as I slowly put more of my weight against Damon. My head on his shoulder and my arm wrapped around his bicep.

They chanted the spell louder and I saw blood drip down from Valerie's nose, my grip tightened on Damon's arm as the blood slowly dripped. Then Kai started to slouch, he was getting weak and I could feel it. I could feel it in the air how they were weakening.

Then Stefan gasped and sat forward. Everyone looked at him as they stopped chanting.

"Stefan?" Valerie asked as the blood soaked into a line down her lip.

"Yeah its me." He grumbled. "Its me." Valerie moved positions with Kai and hugged Stefan, Kai stumbled backwards and I raced over to help him stand. He caught himself on me and stood up straight.

"Are you ok?" I whispered. "Tell me your fine, Malachai." I demanded in a hushed voice.

"Raya, I'm fine." He said as he leaned more of his weight onto me, I began to slightly tip over from the added pressure. Then I instantly stood up and shoved him onto his feet.

"Take my magic." I told him, his eyes shot wide and I could feel Damon's eyes on me like a hawk. "Its not a big deal, itll help you get stronger. You forget that I have unlimited access to magic. You taking some wont harm me."

I could tell he didnt like my idea but did it anyway, he was very soft with it, he was paying attention. He was very careful with it, like he would break me if he absorbed it normally. I could feel him stiffen naturally as he got stronger, the next second he let go.

"Take more." I said. "You need it."

"I'm fine Rae." He said letting go. I rolled my eyes as he took a step back from me. Ric then walked outside and Damon followed.

"Ric, wait up." Damon called out. "Ric, come on man, where are you going?" He asked following him out into the parking lot, I watched them through the window and Kai joined me.

"Home." Ric called as he stopped.

"Ric, I'm trying. Ok? I shouldnt have abandoned you along with everyone else, alright? It was a terrible thing to do, I'm sorry."

"Has he said sorry to you yet?" Kai asked me, he whispered into my neck.

"He doesnt have to." I said as I brought my listening into Kai instead of the argument.

"Why. He has to apologize to everyone else but not you?"

"Because I'm not mad at him for doing it. I mean I am- in the way he left me, he left everyone around me. I'm mad at him for making the decision. But I'm not mad at him, if that makes any sense at all."

"Your upset at the action, not at the person." He sighed.

"Yeah, essentially." I responded.

"What about me?" He asked, I looked up at him.

"What about you?"

"How do you feel about me?" He asked, still quite but I knew this conversation wasnt our own as Stefan and Valerie a few yards behind us.

"Kai I-"

"A straight forward answer Rae. No beating around the bush. How do you feel about me." He turned to me and placed his hands on my cheeks, making sure I looked at him.

"You mean so much to me-"

"Raya, please." He begged. "Get it over with." His voice was soft, it wasnt a demanding harsh request.

"Damon." I muttered. "Its Damon." His mouth slightly fell open as he stared at me. He was shocked but understanding.

I didnt like this, how calm he was. I didnt want him to understand, I didnt want him to be ok with my choice.

I wanted him to yell at me for choosing the man who left for three years as I built my own life. I wanted him to scream and yell and corner me, I wanted him mad at me for not picking him.

But instead he nodded and closed his eyes, resting his forehead onto mine. He was calm and collected, and it made me weak.

"I'll always wait for you, Raya Prior." He whispered onto my lips. "I love you." He said even lower, my eyes shot wide in horror as he kept his closed. My breathing started to increase in short heavy breaths.

Then the door opened behind me, it was Damon coming inside. Kai looked at me blankly and pulled away, I looked around the room to find Stefan had been staring at us the whole entire time, his eyebrows were raised as I stepped back from Kai and almost into Damon.

I kept my eyes on Stefan and made my way over to him, he stood up and I hugged him. I could hide my fear with happiness now by hugging him. I went on my toes to rest my chin on his shoulder as he leaned his head down to my neck.

"Dont tell Damon, please." I whispered into his ear, hopeful that Damon didnt hear.

"I won't." He promised into me, I went back down onto my feet as I wrapped my arms around his torso instead of his neck. He wrapped his strong arms around my shoulders and held me there.

Today was a rough day for me all around. Stefan almost dies, Damon and I reconnect.

Kai tells me he... loves me?

At this point I just want to go home with Ben, curl up on the couch with him and take a nap while Stefan and Valerie are being a couple across the livingroom and Kai sits on the love seat watching over Ben and I.

That's all I wanted now. I wanted things to go back to normal like they had been throughout the past 6 months, but I doubt that'd happen.

Valerie came out of the restroom behind us and Stefan pulled away from me to look at her.

"Feel better?" He asked her.

"Much." She said sitting down on one of the beds.

"Hmm." He hummed. She looked at him and I turned away from them to look at Damon and Kai who were already watching me.

"I'll... be in the car." Kai excused himself, I nodded and stood by Damon.

"I heard the pain in your voice." Valerie whispered. "You weren't afraid of dying, you were afraid of me dying for you."

"Well of course I was." He explained sitting down next to her.

"You were afraid that it wouldn't have been worth it, me sacrificing myself for you. Because you dont love me the way I love you, and the guilt of that sacrifice would eat you alive." I looked up at Damon as he looked down at me, he slung his arm around my neck to pull me into him.

"Valerie..-"

"The truth is, I've never loved anyone the way I love you. But that's not true for you. And by some miracle... you get to go back and make things right with Caroline. I know that you never meant to hurt me, and I know that you love me in your own way. And maybe if things had been different... I could've been the love of your life too." I looked our the window at Kai peacefully waiting in the car as she spoke.

All of us were in totally different situations yet the same altogether.

"If the world had been kinder to us maybe we wouldve had a small, quite, human life."

There was a long pause between the two of them as Damon and I silently watched. Stefan looked down at her hands so he wouldnt have to face her.

"I am so sorry." He whispered.

"Do4nt be." She shot back immediately. "I think this will be good for me, to find a new life that's completely my own. I've never had that." Stefan looked back up at her sadly then kissed her meaningfully, I looked up at Damon and he kissed my forehead.

They pulled away from each other and she stood up, Damon moved us out of the way from the door.

"I know you dont always believe it, but you deserve to be happy." She whispered as she grabbed her bag. "Please be happy."

"You too." He whispered back. She walked out and left the door open, j looked over at Stefan and he shook his head. "I'm fine." He said holding up his hand as he stood up. "Wheres Ric?" He asked, I looked up at Damon.

"Hes going back home to Caroline and the girls."

"And where are we going? Because last time I checked an extremely big part of my life is still with her." I said harshly.

"We are going to see Bonnie." He responded under his breath, I glared up at him.

"What? No, we will not do such a thing." I said louder, leaning away from him.

"Rae, she deserves an apology. Not only from me but from you! Didnt you sort of... kill her?" He asked defensively but calmly, I groaned and crossed my arms.

"Its nothing she didnt deserve." I grimanced.

"Rae, it'll be fast." He said placing his hand on the side of my neck.

"How fast can an apology be?"

"I'll just give her some flowers and-"

"Flowers?!" I asked getting louder. "Shes not even your girlfriend and your getting her flowers? You've never given me flowers!"

"Are you seriously arguing with me over flowers?"

"I certainly am! I get we are supernatural but a little human surprise is nice here and there." I said with an attitude. Damon looked at Stefan in disbelief and annoyance as I argued with him, Stefan chuckled and put his hands up defensively.

"This is your problem, brother." He laughed patting Damon on the shoulder and walked outside.

Damon looked down at me again. "What's your favorite flower then."

"I dont have one." I smiled.

"So then why does it matter if I get you flowers?"

"Because I want to feel special."

"You have two guys fighting over you, isnt that special enough?" I smiled up at him at his question.

"Yes I suppose, but is it really that special if you fixed the problem?"

"What do you mean..?" He asked crossing his arms.

"I choose you. That's what I mean." His eyes lit up with joy and he smiled. He leaned down and kissed me meaningfully, I could feel his bliss through his lips. I pulled away not too long after and kept my eyes closed, he placed his hand under my chin to angle my head up.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I'm still upset that you want to see Bonnie." I grumbled.

"Because or the flowers?"

"At this point I couldn't care less than a damn about the flowers. I just dont understand why you want to see her."

"Because she deserves an explanation about this. Plus, Enzo has or at least had Rayna. And you need to apologize."

"I'm not apologizing for anything. She deserves what she got."

"Sweetie, you killed her a countless amount of time. I'm not sure anyone deserves that, especially Bonnie."

"I'm not apologizing. End of story." He chuckled at me and shook his head. At this point I'd try to find anything to get out of this. "What about Kai?" I asked.

"What about him?"

"Well what if him and Enzo fight. Then Kai could get hurt, plus Bonnie. How hurt could he be when he finds out about Bonnie?"

"Well how hurt was he the first time?"

"That's different."

"How."

"She wasnt cheating on him then."

"Rae, he was cheating on her if anything. Maybe he should apologize to her too." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I really hope your joking."

"I am." He reassured me with a laugh and a big smile. "Can we just go? You dont have to say a word to her, and neither does Kai. You dont even have to enter the building-"

"I'm not letting you go in there without protection. And I know Kai wont let just us go in there, so we are all going in."

"Ok, fine, I dont really care who goes where, as long as we all make it there so I can say sorry." I nodded and looked around us.

"Have you two always been friends? You never really seemed to care about her before."

"You and Kai came into my life just after me and Bonnie became the best of friends. She is a sweet girl Rae." I scoffed. "Just try and... tolerate her?"

"How can I do that when she wont do it to me?"

"She has a reason not to like you. You killed her."

"Last time I checked shes still breathing." I said looking up at him and then away again. "Unfortunately." I said under my breath. Damon sighed and quickly picked me up into his arms as we walked outside the hotel.

He said me down at the car as I giggled, he kissed me quickly then got into the car.

"Wheres Stefan?" I asked looking back at Kai.

"When he left the room he just kind of... left. He ran off and hasnt shown up." Kai responded as Damon started the car and raced off.

"Awesome." I muttered looking out the window.

This was going to be a very miserable few days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 746 23
I, Carter Lynette, lost my memory due to my sucky ex. He was abusive and my friend found out from bruises on my body from him. He found out and hunte...
27.2K 502 35
Emma Parker was a siphon witch,much like her brother, Malachi Parker(Kai). Her and her brother were sent to the prison world because of their father...
43.8K 449 10
Read my random short stories abt imagine you're with them
12.2K 690 27
❝bittersweet to think about the damage that we do❞ in which she is trapped in with him. elena x kai