Everlasting Bonds - COMPLETE

بواسطة CJ_Redding

Emelia "Lark" Benson's life was normal, easy, and full of love. Until one day, it wasn't. Taken from her fos... المزيد

Welcome!
Before
Prologue
After
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72

Chapter 40

35.4K 1.4K 314
بواسطة CJ_Redding

POV: Lark

I looked around the lobby of the guys' penthouse as I waited for them to come downstairs.

When Luka texted me to ask if I wanted to go to a club with him and the guys I jumped at the chance. I had never gone to one for fun before and never one in America.

I had never spent much time in here before and I found myself surprised at the decadence and modernity of the interior design.

I knew they were rich. They lived in a penthouse for heaven's sake, but as I looked around the space I realized they must have been loaded.

The glass doors that separated me from the street were cleaned to perfection. Not a spec of dirt insight. I looked outside to take in the city that waited for us to explore it. As my eyes traveled lazily from cars to people, something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Moving my head slightly to get a better look, I realized it was just a shadow across the street. At least I thought it was a shadow. I walked closer to the doors to get a better look... and as I did I could have sworn the shadow moved.

A cold feeling worked it's way up my back but before it had time to take root, the elevator dinged causing my focus to shift. When I looked back to the place I had seen the shadow it was gone. 

Replaced with a couple of women who were sharing a cigarette.

Relieved that it must have just been my imagination I turned my attention back to the elevator just in time to see the guys spill out.

Jesus Christ.

They looked impeccable. Each of them dressed in their own version of club attire and I wanted to drink in the sight of them walking towards me.

I had set a goal for myself before leaving my apartment that I wasn't going to kiss any of them tonight. Looking at them now, I didn't know if I could keep that promise.

"Well, well, well. Look who cleans up nice", I teased them. "You boys look amazing".

"Speak for yourself. Where did you get that dress? You should probably go back and get it in every color available", Luka crooned.

I smiled broadly feeling excited for our night to begin. "Shall we?". I began walking outside and turning towards the nearest subway entrance when I felt a hand grasp my wrist.

"Where are do you think you're going?", Colt asked me with an eyebrow raised. He was wearing a white button-down shirt with the top buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up, exposing many of his tattoos.

"The subway...".

"Not tonight, Em. We ordered a car for the evening". His hand slipped down to take my hand as he lead me in the opposite direction where a shiny black Range Rover was waiting for us. My jaw dropped at the sight. I wasn't a car person, but I could still appreciate a beautiful vehicle when I saw it.

Greyson opened the door for me, "Your chariot milady".

I gave him a wink as I climbed inside, doing my best to not flash the guys seeing as how this dress only allowed me to wear a thong.

The guys all climbed in after me, and Colt started giving the driver instructions.

"Aidan, I didn't realize you'd be allowed to go out. Isn't your big match next weekend?"

He looked at me and there was something different about him. I couldn't put my finger on what though. "I cleared it with X, don't worry. Plus when I feel antsy about a match it's good for me to find an outlet to relax a little. I can't go in all tense", he explained.

Satisfied with his response I buckled myself in and turned towards the window, letting the guys chatter around me.

This city was so beautiful. The lights and people all colliding together to make an art piece of architecture and culture.

When we finally pulled up to a building there was a long line of people behind a black velvet rope standing outside waiting to get inside. Luka helped me out of the car as we all piled out onto the sidewalk.

When the guys started walking towards the door instead of the line, I had a feeling that they had already called ahead to secure a spot for our group.

Aidan shook hands with the bouncer before giving us all a head nod to follow him inside.

Once inside my eyes lit up as I took in the dance floor, the lights, and the people. The last time I was in a club, it was on an assignment for Gio. This time no one could tell me what to do or when to do it. And I was going to dance until my feet couldn't take it anymore.

Colt took my hand again and lead me to a roped-off area that held a small booth lined with black leather and gold trim. Did they book us a private area too? I tapped him on the shoulder to let him know I wanted his attention. He leaned down so I could speak directly in his ear, the loud music making it impossible to have a normal conversation.

"How much did this cost and why wasn't I asked to pitch in?", I shouted.

He gave me an exasperated look before bending down to speak in my ear. "Don't worry about it, we all wanted to have a good time tonight and more importantly we wanted to surprise you with this. Money isn't a problem, don't worry about it please".

I wanted to argue but his breath tickled my ear and the scent of cinnamon wafted to my nose. When I turned to face him, we were a lot closer than I realized and I fought the urge to kiss his full lips.

Wait, no. He has a girlfriend.

Shaking my head I put some distance between us. Luckily one of my favorite remixes came on and the distraction I was looking for presented itself on a silver platter.

"I'm going to dance!", I shouted to the guys as they were giving their drink orders to the waiter who had come over when we first arrived. I was relatively certain that I heard some sounds of protest but the bass urged me forward, drowning out whatever they were trying to say to me.

As I got to the dance floor the remix of Billie Eilish's, Bad Guy, was giving me the energy boost I needed. The melody of the song felt like it was flowing directly from the speakers and into my body.

This feeling was intoxicating. To dance for yourself in a sea of people that don't give a single fuck about you, was one of the most freeing things I had ever experienced. The confidence I felt as my hips moved to the beat was something I wanted to savor.

When I opened my eyes, I realized that I was in the direct line of sight of our booth. Three pairs of eyes met mine and goosebumps covered my skin. Aidan, Greyson, and Luka looked absolutely devilish as they watched me dance.

I was about to wave them over to join me when I heard Colt's voice behind me.

"Can I join you?".

I slowly turned around, still moving to the music.

I wanted to dance with him. To feel his body move with mine. But I knew that he was already spoken for.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Taylor probably wouldn't like you dancing with me," I said as I started to move towards the center of the floor, where more bodies served as a shield between me and my desire for Colt.

He easily moved with me. Or I guess people moved out of his way, which did nothing to lessen what I was feeling. His hand grabbed mine suddenly and I was spun around so my back was towards his chest.

As his hands slipped to the curve of my waist he whispered, "I broke up with Taylor". My head whipped around. "When?".

He hesitated before shouting, "This morning".

Laughing I stepped back from him slightly. "You broke up with her not even 24 hours ago, Colt. We shouldn't be doing this". I started to turn away from him but the look in his eyes made me pause.

He looked hurt. Understanding, but hurt. "I know. And I know how that must look to you and all I can say is I'm sorry. But it has always been you. From the moment you came into my life and every day you were missing from it, it has always been you. I love you, La-Emily. I fucking love you and I'm sorry that I was too much of a coward to tell you the truth and do what I should have done months ago".

I had stopped dancing completely now. I was still as bodies bumped into me and as the bass echoed into my skull.

Colt loved me.

Before I could stop it, a smile broke out onto my face.

The one I got back from him though... was everything.

"Now, will you please let me dance with you? You have no idea how beautiful you look", he said to me as he held out his hand.

And I took it.

Without hesitation.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

5.1M 157K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...
6K 160 19
Lina moves from London to Omaha Nebraska with her family and her friend's family. They've wanted to move there for a long time. After the girls start...
15.3K 422 11
They were always together, together through everything like bestfriends, brothers, colleagues, and of course family would. They did dangerous things...
167K 3.8K 27
I feel arms wrap around me, pulling me into a warm body. "No." I whisper out, I try to get away but it was no use, the arms only wrapped tighter aro...