Me without you-MLB

By michellesosa42

After the trip to New York Adrien finds himself confused about his feelings. Marinette in the other hand find... More

Just a friend
Marinette's Dilema
Getting ready
A new Gabriel?
Seeing you again
Confession, confusion, rejection, and mistakes
The heartbreak
Pain and Anger
Tikki's anger
Tueur de jeu
Demanded explanations
Surprises and decisions
Gabriel hears the truth
Hating Ladybug
A new Marinette
Friendships and confrontations
Adrien's breaking point
Adrien's breaking point part 2
Kagami's situation
Text messages and truths
Letters - Part 1
Letters - Part 2
Doubts and Projects
A plan and a misunderstanding
Painful confrontation
The final Goodbye
Last words
Is this real or is this heaven?
Start of something new
Finding home
Ladybug and Chat Noir?
Hawkmoth?
Friends and photoshoots
Forgiveness and Blessings
The fight for love
The date
The end
Alternate Ending (Heaven)
***Special announcement***
new book

The lie

843 26 14
By michellesosa42

"He already has," Marinette stated coldly. She was angry. She didn't care to hear any explanations. There were no explanations for this. There were only excuses. Marinette knew that the second she decided to listen to Adrien's so-called explanations, she would only receive dumb excuses and more hurtful words. Maybe, everyone else would say she is overreacting, that his words were not really hurtful. And maybe, she was, and they weren't, but when you love someone with all your heart, that you are willing to give up your life for them, hearing them say you are just a friend hurts. Yeah, it hurts like hell.

It hurts worse than anything in the world. Marinette was not ready to talk to him, and she won't be for quite a while. Don't get her wrong, deep inside, the young bluenette didn't hate him. I mean, she was angry, but hating him was something she couldn't do. Although it would be a lie if she didn't admit she kept telling herself she did, so it would be easier to avoid the want of speaking to him.

"Marinette, we have always been friends. I know my bro messed up, but don't you think that's a little harsh. I mean, you won't even let him explain himself," Nino spoke confidently, trying to bring the old Marinette back. He was not positive of what she was thinking, but it was clear that this hurt Marinette was a different Marinette from a few hours ago. It was as if with every tear she dropped, the warmness and sweetness of her heart disappeared.

"Nino!" Alya hissed. Okay, maybe she knew her boyfriend has a point, and ending years of friendship is not the best solution, but she understood exactly what her best friend was feeling, and if she wanted to have time, she should be able to receive just that. A broken heart is not something that can be easily fixed, and neither Nino nor Adrien should expect her to be okay that soon. Marinette couldn't just be Adrien's friend again and watch him be all happy and in love with someone else while she is dying inside.

"No, Als, she needs to hear this! Adrien made a mistake, and he knows that, but there is more to it than what you both know, and he wants to be the one who speaks of it. Yes, there are things that he could have done differently, but he is human, and we all make mistakes. You can't tell me you haven't. Unfriending and hurting him without so much as even giving him a chance to speak is wrong, and it's not you, Marinette. You have always been kind and caring to everyone, and he has tried to be the same.

"Don't you think he deserves to be heard? Just give him a chance to explain everything he deserves that much. I know right now, you are mad at him. I also know that you feel hurt, and you have a right to be. But there is something we both know as well. We both know that deep inside, when the day comes to an end, you still care for him and will always love him. Why submerge you both in a world of hurt and pain when you could just hear him out. Let him talk, please, if not for him then for us, for our group, and our friendship." Alya stood surprised at the confidence and intelligence of her boyfriend. She had never seen Nino act like this, and if she is honest, this only made her love him more.

Marinette sighed. She knew Nino was right, but she was too hurt right now. Her friends believe that she is strong, but the truth of the matter is, she isn't. When it comes to her feelings and emotions, she is as weak as could be. Talking to Adrien could either make her feel better or completely crush her to the verge of destruction. She was not ready, not yet. Marinette knew that she didn't want to completely unfriend Adrien, but she was certain she wanted space.

Marinette knew that if she said no, her friends would continue to pester her until she agreed. Then they would do something crazy like call Adrien to come over, and she was not ready to see him. Well, Alya would probably understand, but not Nino. Based on his speech, it was clear he was on his best friend's side. Marinette knew him all too well, and when he wanted something, he would make it happen. So she did what she believed she needed to do. She lied.

Marinette nodded, pretending to give in to his request. "Okay, but just not right now. I need a few days. *or weeks, or months* I just need some time to feel better before I do. I am not ready yet. I need time to heal from all this. Maybe, let my anger go and not say something I will regret later. I need to get over the rejection, but please, tell him not to call me again. I won't answer anyways, not until I am ready." Marinette felt horrible for lying to her friends, this was not like her, but it was not like she could be honest to them and tell them he didn't want to see him again. Well, technically, it was not a lie. Marinette did want time, but not time to heal before talking to him, but time to erase him from her heart completely. After all, two more years and she most likely will never see him again. Maybe she needed two years to heal.

Nino nodded sadly. That was not exactly what he wanted to hear, but at least she agreed to give him a chance to speak. He wished things would have turned out differently. For now, Nino had to picture the group of four besties broken in half. But, it was only for a few days, Right? She only needed a few days. It would be okay. Marinette never lied, right? By next week they will be back to normal.

After about 10 minutes Alya and Nino left for school, leaving Marinette on her own to think. Marinette had a million questions. What did Nino mean when he said there was more to it that she didn't know? In all honesty, she wondered what explanation Adrien would give her, or more like what lies he would tell her, but she couldn't let him get off that easy, and talking to him now would do just that.

"Tikki?" Marinette called, making Tikki zoom out from her hiding spot quickly. "I'm here, Marinette. You did it. You broke free from the Akuma. I am so proud of you." Tikki gushed. "Yeah, I guess," Marinette said, showing no emotion. She knew she should be feeling proud of herself, but she couldn't. All she thought about was her current situation with Adrien. "Oh, Mari, I was so worried about you. I thought you wouldn't make it. I'm glad you are okay. As for Adrien, it's going to be okay, I promise. Do you want to talk about it?" Tikki asked, hopeful. She wished that her holder would agree and not keep it bottled up inside. That could target another Akuma, and at her weakened state, there would be no possibility to fight it again.

Marinette nodded and took a deep breath before speaking, "Do you really think he played me or at least had the intention to do so?" Marinette asked, fully trusting her kwamis opinions and words. Tikki needed, to be honest, she now knew the truth, and she couldn't allow her holder to think horribly of Chat Noir's civilian self. Tikki shook her head, indicating a no. "I know I said I did, but I was mad. No, I don't really think he ever wanted to play with your feeling. I think he is confused. Maybe, he is struggling with his feelings himself. You heard Nino. There is more to the story than what you know. All we heard was his rejection, but not a reason as to why. Maybe Nino is right, and you should allow Adrien to explain, but only when you are ready, Marinette."

Marinette nodded, already feeling a little better. "Thanks, Tikki, you are the best kwami someone could ever hope to have. I admit his rejection still hurts a lot, and I am not ready to talk to him yet, but I do feel better. I can't lie to you and say that I will speak to him again because the truth is that that is not the plan, but when I am ready and no longer love him, I will try to form a friendship with him again. Please don't be upset with me. It's just that it hurts, and I don't think I could bear seeing him with someone else while I pretend to be okay with just a friendship. It is so painful, Tikki, but it makes me feel better to know that I have friends that care for me." ________________________________________________________________________

Alya and Nino walked out of the bakery and back to school. "What the hell was that about?" Alya yelled out upon the first sign of being alone. "How could you be okay with what Adrien did, and what do you mean more we don't know?" Alya spoke while glaring at her boyfriend. Already expecting this to come, Nino crossed his arms in front of his chest and sighed. "Because I know the truth, Alya! Because I gave him a chance to explain, and you should too before you allow Mari to completely cross him out." With that, he walked into class, leaving his shocked girlfriend behind.

After school was over, Adrien was able to talk to Alya and explain everything to her. Well, everything minus the I am Chat Noir part. Adrien silently hoped she would forgive him for unintentionally hurting Marinette. Hopefully, help him fix things, but started slowly losing hope upon noticing the cold expression on her face. He knew it was not a good sign when instead of screaming at him, Alya remained silent.

Alya was processing all the information given to her. When Marinette said she felt like the last place in his book, she was a little confused, but now she understood. The model admitted to being head over heels for Ladybug for the longest time, and honestly, Alya couldn't understand why if he didn't even know her. She wanted to ask, but she decided not to speak. Adrien told her about realizing his feelings for Marinette, but Alya was not so sure anymore. As a female herself, her only thought was, why not break up with Kagami right away? If he realized that he liked Marinette why, didn't he break up with her upon arriving instead of waiting? Even though she could tell that Adrien did care for Marinette from the way his eyes glistened when he spoke of her, he was still clearly confused, and it was evident Marinette would not have his heart to the full extent. Ladybug will always be in his heart as well. Something that would eventually hurt her friend in the worst possible way, and she couldn't allow it to happen. Therefore her only answer was silence.

Adrien gave a defeated sigh and turned towards Nino. His friend promised to talk to her, and he had been anxiously waiting all day for her answer. Nino smiled at his friend, and for a second, he felt as if things would be better. That was for a second and only for a second because his world came crashing down the second Nino said the words. Marinette had agreed to speak to him but not now. She said she needed space and for him not to call her. Adrien felt his world end. Marinette did not want him to call?

Adrien remained quiet for a minute as he blinked his eyes attempting to hold back tears. Adrien couldn't explain it but hearing it hurt. It hurt so damn bad. For the first time since his mother's disappearance, he wanted to cry, not just some tears here and there like he had been this morning but actually full-on cry. He felt the need to scream and break things. He wanted to run to the bakery and demand her to speak to him. He wanted to die, to stop the pain she brought him.

Adrien then found himself excusing himself, lying about a photoshoot. Running out of the school, he got into the awaiting vehicle, hurrying to arrive at his home. Tears were already streaming down his face with every step her ran. "Stupid Ladybug, I hate you! It's all your fault. Loving you made me do this, it made me make mistakes, and now I lost her. I lost her because of you!" Adrien thought to himself. Having lost Marinette made him realize that Marinette had meant more than Ladybug, more than anyone else ever did, but now it was too late, and it was all her stupid fault!

As the car came to a stop, Adrien ran inside his house, hoping to avoid Natalie and cry in his room, but he was surprised when he opened to door to find his father standing there waiting for him.

"Adrien?"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 128 22
With their senior year finally here, marinette and adrien's relationship is the strongest it's ever been. But with hawkmoth growing more desperate by...
1.4K 88 21
!!CRINGE ALERT!! !! Characters are not originally mine. Those go to Thomas Astruc. !! Marinette is pressurized, betrayed, heartbroken and depressed...
117K 2.9K 19
Adrien Agreste may seem like he has everything together. Being a famous model, all the girls crushing on him, secretly living a double life as a famo...
1.8K 36 20
Almost every boy in her highschool likes her (yes including Adrien). So it's no surprise that the son of her parents close friends who has to live...