A Tale of Thousand Prompts

By MayaReLuna

A bunch of Prompt ideas for ATOTS. You can comment your prompt ideas and I'll be writing it 😊 1: Protective... More

Chapter 1: Protective Tian
Chapter 2: Just rest on me
Chapter 3: Tian can cook
Chapter 4: Seizure (sequel to Chapter 1)
Chapter 5: Tian's Happiness
Chapter 6: Sleepy Tian
Chapter 7: Tul meets Phupha
Chapter 8: Longtae's Crush
Chapter 10: Possessive Phupha
Chapter 11: Teasing PhuTian
Chapter 12: One by One
Chapter 13: Comfort Cuddle
Chapter 14: The Whole Truth
Chapter 15: Always The Second Place
Chapter 16: Don't Give Up So Easily
Chapter 17: Tian has a fever

Chapter 9: Forgetful Birthday Boy

1.7K 55 8
By MayaReLuna

Prompt: Tian forgets his own birthday. The time around this is when Tian came back to Pha Pun Dao after 2 years and he has been there for 3 months already.
________________

Phupha always wondered, Tian has been in the village for 3 months now and 2 years ago those months were different to the months Tian currently has stayed here, so when was his birthday? He wanted to ask Nam but the doctor was busy than ever and he can't ask him to look up when Tian's birthday was. Even in the 2 years, Tian was gone, no one, not even Nam and Longtae, mentioned Tian's birthday.

Tian, right now, is busy checking the assignments and seat works that the kids had previously did and knowing the teacher by now from these 3 months, he does not like being disturbed when he is focused on something. Phupha almost got his head ripped off when he tried to disturb Tian and never will he disturb the teacher again. He still wants to live and from the looks Tian gave, he was going to get killed if he continued bothering him.

Phupha and the rangers just finished up going around the forest to make sure nothing suspicious is happening. He was actually just laid in bed with how tired he was. He'd asked Tian to massage him but remembered that Tian does not know how to massage someone's back so never mind on that.

Phupha stood up from the bed and changed his clothes, he noticed Tian's head suddenly moving to the side, completely blocking his sight from his side. Phupha chuckled as he notices Tian's ears turning a deep red. It makes him feel giddy, knowing the effect he has on Tian at times. Even when cooking he gets a bit distracted with Phupha hovering over him. They might or might not have bickered a lot when cooking.

Phupha walks over to Tian and kisses him on the cheek while he rubs Tian's shoulders with his thumbs. "Good night. Get some sleep soon, okay?" Phupha said to his ear. Tian shivered as he feels the ranger's breathe in his ear. He nodded and Phupha got on the bed immediately.

He turned to his left and sleep quickly consumes him, the next thing he knows, he feels the bed moving and an arm going around his waist. He opens his eyes a little bit and saw Tian's head. He burying his face on Phupha's chest as he quickly goes to sleep. Phupha cooed at the sight and had put his left arm out for Tian to use as a pillow and hugged the teacher's waist. He kissed the top of Tian's head and immediately went back to sleep.

-------------

The next morning, Phupha got up early just like usual but hesitated for a bit seeing sleepy Tian beside him but he knew he had work to do so slowly got off the bed and put up the net around Tian. He'll wake up later anyways.

Phupha cooked Tian's breakfast and had put it on the table in his bedroom. He covered it and goes to change into his uniform. When he finishes, he looked at Tian for the last time and noticed the weird sleeping mask he had. When did he put that on? He always did want to ask him about the sleeping mask but just shrugged it off.

He walked out of the room, closed the door, and went to the village. The villagers greeted him as he walked and he greeted them back with a nod. He walked to Khama's house and the village chief greets him with a smile.

"Good morning, Chief! I see you're doing the usual rounds." Khama said.

"Good morning, Khama. Yes, I am. I just came here to visit but I'll be going soon." Phupha said.

"That's fine. But before you go, here," Khama gave a container to Phupha. "Give this to Tian. Everyone can see how skinny he is under the baggy clothes he wears, so my wife cooked extra food to fatten Tian up a bit." Khama said.

"Thank you, I'll give it to him soon," Phupha said as he takes the container. He noticed Longtae busy with a book and just left.

He really wanted to ask Longtae about Tian's birthday but the kid seems to be a bit busy. He walks around the forest with Rang and Yod looking at any corners on it and nothing suspicious seems to be lurking.

They go back to the base and Tian seems to be awake by now. Phupha gave him the container told him that everyone wanted to fatten him up a bit. Tian whined.

"Why does everyone want to fatten me up so much? I'm not that skinny." Tian complained.

"It's because of your clothes, Khun! They are always too big for you." Yod said.

"But I also wore clothes that were just the right size and everyone could see I was not that skinny," Tian said.

"Actually, you kind of are Tian. Remember when you got wet from the rain and your shirt was plain white that time, everyone can see the inside of your shirt. They could see your ribs, to be honest." Phupha said.

"Can't I like the way look then?" Tian asked.

"You can like the way you look, Tian. Being skinny isn't bad as well but when you see the person's ribs with how skinny they are, it will be concerning for everyone." Phupha said. Tian sighed but nodded in understanding. He went inside, knowing full well that Phupha cooked and left the food there. He removed the cover and sat down to eat the food Phupha and Khama's wife cooked.

As Tian ate, he was rechecking the papers of the kids. Phupha shook his head and took the papers away. He gave him a stern look before putting the papers on the far side of the table. Away from Tian.

"Focus on eating, Tian," Phupha said.

Tian ate quietly as the rangers were talking outside. When he finished, Rang took the plate and container and said he'll wash it and give the container back to Khama. Tian nodded and thought of going to the school to put up the things he had designed to make the school look livelier than ever. He took his things and walked to school. While walking the kids saw him and had followed him, curious where their teacher is going.

When they got to the school, the curiosity of the children grew and they watched as Tian pulled out a bunch of decorations from a box he was carrying. While he was putting up one of them on the back of the class, the kids sneaked in and looked inside, they pulled out each decoration and looked at it with amazement.

"P'Seetian, what's with the decorations?" Meejoo asked out loud. Tian jumped and looked behind him to see the kids, each holding on to decorations. He shook his head and laughed.

"You kids weren't even supposed to see that until classes started," Tian said.

"Well, we saw you on our way here so we followed you," Khaoneung said.

"Is there any food here, P'Seetian?" Kalae asked which caused everyone to laugh.

"Didn't you eat breakfast, Kalae?" Tian asked.

"I did but I'm hungry again," Kalae said.

"We can eat later, but for now, I need to put these decorations up before starting class. It's to make the school look livelier." Tian said.

"Can we help?" Inta and Ayi asked.

"Sure, put those ones up here." Tian shows them where to put the decorations up and when they finished, the school had more color to it more than ever. Tian goes up in front and the kids went to their respective seats. Tian started to teach them how to make origamis. They first made simple origamis until they started to make lotus flower origamis. Inta asked for a string, which apparently Tian had in his bag for some reason, and had given a long enough string for Inta's origamis. Tian helped Inta how to place the origamis to the strings as the others watch them. When Tian was done, the others did the same thing he did.

While all of this was happening, Rang, Yod, Nam, and Longtae were apparently there when Tian was teaching the basics of origamis. They laughed when Kalae asked for food which Tian gave him a chocolate bar and warned him to eat slowly. Kalae obeyed and Tian gave him water. The other kids asked for one as well and Tian gave them each chocolate bar and water. When Phupha came, all the kids noticed him and called him. He walked towards them and noticed the chocolate bars that Tian gave. He raised a brow at Tian and the teacher just shrugged.

"They were making origamis for a while so I gave them a bit of a break," Tian said. Phupha nodded and Meejoo gave Phupha a drawing. Phupha looked at it with a confused look. It was a drawing of two men and a cat.

"Here are these two?" Phupha asked.

"You, P'Seetian and the cat that is always near you," Meejoo said.

"Cat?" both the teacher and rangers asked.

"Mn! There was always a cat with a color of black and white always around you two." Inta said.

"There it is right now!" Ayi pointed at the cat sitting at the front of the class. All of them looked in the direction and there it is a cat.

"Uhm... whose cat is this?" Nam asked.

"Isn't Chief and P'Seetian's cat?" Khaoneung.

Both men shook their heads. "We don't own one," Phupha said. Tian went around the table and picked up the cat, Phupha had a mini heart attack because he was afraid the cat would scratch Tian but it didn't. The cat rubbed its head on Tian's chin which the teacher giggled.

"It is so cute! Won't you two adopt the cat, Phu?" Nam asked.

"Yeah, the cat looks so comfortable with Tian right now." Another voice was heard. Everyone looked in the direction and Tian smiled widely. He put the cat down on the table and went up to the man. They watch the two, hug as they laughed.

"Tul! What are you doing here?" Tian asked.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? Don't you remember what is special today?" Tul asked.

Tian thought for a moment but shook his head. "What is it today?" Tian asked. Tul chuckled as he shook his head at his best friend. "Are you that busy not to remember?" Tul laughed.

"Just tell me already!" Tian grumbled.

"Woi... It's your birthday today, idiot!" Tul said as he hit Tian at the back of the head.

Everyone was quiet for a moment, processing what the visitor said. Until...

"WHAT?!" A synchronized confused yell happened. Tian and Tul wince at how loud they were.

"Is it really your birthday today, P'Seetian?" Meejoo asked.

"P'Tian, you shouldn't have gone to work on your birthday!" Longtae said.

"Tian, you should have told us when your birthday was! You ended up going to work on your birthday!" Nam said.

"U-uhm... It never really occurred to me." Tian said sheepishly.

"Stop overworking yourself so you'd remember! You are always like this." Tul sighed.

"Wait... This isn't the first time Tian forgot his birthday?" Phupha asked.

"He always forgets it, thinking it's just a regular day. It's annoying whenever it happens every year." Tul said.

"So, you're here for my birthday?" Tian asked.

"Yeah, I came to greet you, idiot! Also, here..." Tul gave him a wrapped-up gift. "Happy Birthday, Tian! I wish you the best years of your life and for you to stop forgetting your own birthday." Tul chuckled.

"Thanks. Are you staying for today?" Tian said as he took the gift.

"No, I only came here to greet, see and give you your present. I still have some things to do." Tul said.

Tian nodded as he and Tul hugged one last time. Tul said goodbye to the rest of them and went back to his car and drove away. Tian looked at everyone with a sheepish smile.

"Uhm... Why don't we continue with the lesson?" Tian suggested. Everyone looked at him in disbelief.

"Uh no. No, you are definitely not going to go and work. You are celebrating your birthday, understood?" Nam said.

"I mean... it really is just a regular day for me when it comes to my birthday so..." but everyone had protested.

The kids pulled Tian and made him sit down. "You are going to relax for today, P'Seetian! We are going to our parents and tell them about your birthday today." The kids said. Tian wanted to protest but the kids, along with Longtae, had run off already.

"Oh! Cake! We need to buy a cake!" Rang and Yod quickly ran towards the jeep.

"Ai'Phu, let's go. We are buying Tian a gift. Tian, you should go and explore around while we go with Rang and Yod." Nam said as he pulled Phupha.

Tian realized that Phupha has not said a word to him. Was Phupha mad at him for not saying anything about his birthday? He hopes not.

Tian sighed as he walked around the classroom. The cat that he had put down on the table was still just there, looking at him. Tian stopped and he sat down in front of the cat. He started playing with it as the cat reaches for his hand like a baby. He rubs the cat's ears and the cat immediately lays down as Tian cooed at it.

With Phupha and Nam, they were at the market, looking for a good gift for Tian. Phupha was mindlessly looking around but was clueless about what to give to his boyfriend.

"Phu, you got to snap out of it. It's not like Tian did it on purpose. His friend said that really does forget it every year." Nam said as he noticed his friend just being quiet more than usual.

"It's just... I was planning to ask Longtae or even you if both knew when Tian's birthday was. Based on your reactions, you didn't as well." Phupha said.

"Phupha, we didn't know since we never asked him. And I only looked twice at Tian's medical records but never opened it again. I wouldn't know his birthday as well." Nam said.

"But out of everyone, you and Longtae were still in contact with him," Phupha said.

"Yes, that's true but even on Facebook, Tian's birthday didn't show up on our notifications so we wouldn't know," Nam said.

"Why is he so nonchalant with his birthday? He doesn't seem to care about it." Phupha asked no one.

"Maybe in their house, no one cared enough for what he wants for his birthday?" Nam said. Phupha shook his head in disagreement.

"His parents for him though, I saw the way his dad looked worried for Tian," Phupha said.

"Phu, his parents are always busy. He told us, didn't he? He still keeps in contact with them but he still isn't even close with them. He's always been distant towards them even before he met us." Nam said.

"But still... You would think they'd celebrate his birthday every year." Phupha said.

"Maybe they did celebrate it but not the way Tian wanted. You know how he felt when his mom became overbearing towards him. Heck, engineering was never his choice, to begin with." Nam said.

" I didn't think of it that way," Phupha said.

Nam patted his friend's shoulder in comfort and they continued shopping for gifts. Phupha noticed a silver long necklace with a design of a crescent moon and a star in its center. On the back, there was something written on it. When Phupha read it, he knew it was perfect for Tian. So, he bought the necklace and the shop owner told him that the necklace was unique because that's the only one that exists. And Phupha was glad, he can give something special to a special person like Tian. A special person. Phupha smiled fondly at that thought. He was glad Tian came back; he was glad that Tian never gave up on them. While he tried to push Tian away, Tian never gave up on them and believed that they can actually be together. He really needs to make up for that. How many times did he hurt Tian, to live his life as a rich kid, but the latter still chose him and loves him to no end?

When they got back, it was already night time and everyone was ready for Tian's birthday party. Yod went to get Tian and when they got there, they greeted the teacher. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIAN!", "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, P'SEETIAN!", "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KHUN!" Tian smiled as he receives a ton of gifts from everyone and got hugged a lot. The parents gave him newly stitched clothes, just his right size. The kids all gave him a hug and cards containing messages and full effort of drawing. Nam gave him a sketching book since he caught Tian sketching the kids while they were playing. Longtae gave him his favorite scarf that he saw when he and Longtae went to the market to buy some needed tools in the village. Khama and his wife gave him different kinds of food to eat. Tian kind of sweat dropped with how many foods he will need to consume. Good thing he skipped lunch then.

Rang and Yod put the cake down and the cake was actually big enough for everyone to eat. They lit up some candles on the cake and put it in front of Tian. They sang him a happy birthday and as they finished, Tian blew out the candles. Everyone cheered and they chatted for the entire night. Phupha kept close to Tian and had put an arm around his waist. If anyone saw, they just let it be since they knew how those two can be clingy to each other at times. The cat actually came along with Tian and everyone cooed at how cute the cat was.

"Chief, do you mind if I adopt this cat?" Tian asked.

"I don't mind at all. The cat already seems to be attached to you, anyways. Just like a cat, I know right now. You sure do love animals." Phupha chuckled. Tian hit him on the chest for that and the kids saw it and teased them.

Tian shook his head at them as he ate a lot of food. Everyone laughed and enjoyed their time and Khama asked Tian if he wants to say something to them. Everyone kept quiet as they listened to him.

"Thank you for doing this for me. I really don't deserve it to be honest but I'm still grateful for the gifts and greetings. But... It's also the birthday of someone special to everyone here. She might not be here but she deserves to be greeted." Tian said.

Everyone wondered who he was talking about.

"It's also Miss Torfun's birthday today. We should all greet her." Tian said as his heart pounded loud. Everyone was silent for a moment before they all looked up at the sky and greeted Torfun. "Happy birthday, Torfun. Thank you for everything."

Tian was really nervous to mention her name despite it being 2 years by now. He didn't want to bring back a painful reminder that she is gone but he couldn't let her not be greeted as well. He may have forgotten it's his birthday today, but he knew all too well that it is her birthday and was planning to go to the cliff to greet her. But having everyone here to greet her with him was more special and enough.

Tian felt the hand on his waist rub circles around it. He looks at Phupha and he gave him a fond smile. He laid his head on the ranger's shoulder and took a deep breath. He felt lips land on the top of his head and he just smiled.

After that, the rangers took it upon themselves to have a karaoke night. Tian covered his ears whenever Yod sang and everyone tease Yod for it. They had their laughs and drunk moments until eventually, they all went back home. Phupha had closed the door and locked it before pulling Tian to sit on his lap as he sat on the bed.

"Thank you," Phupha said as he sniffs Tian's neck.

"What are thanking me for?" Tian asked as he looked at Phupha.

"For remembering Torfun... For always being here with me, for never giving up on us, for always standing up against the ones who were wrong, and..." Phupha looked at Tian in the eyes.

"For coming back and still loving me no matter what." He finished.

Tian smiled softly as he adjusts himself on Phupha's lap. He wrapped his arms around Phupha's neck and kissed him on the forehead. "Always and forever. No matter how much pain our actions had caused, I will love you, and only you, Phupha." Tian said.

Phupha kissed Tian on the lips and they had made out for minutes and minutes without stopping. When they did, it was because they were running out of breath. But that didn't stop Phupha from still kissing Tian on the lips. And as their heads move from side to side, Tian's position changed and he was now straddling on Phupha's lap. Their hands were not kept in one place, both were exploring each other's bodies. Both broke apart from their kiss and were taking deep breaths. When they looked at each other's eyes, they laughed as they leaned their foreheads to touch.

Phupha then remembered the necklace and pulled it out from his pocket and wore it on Tian. Tian looked down and saw the beautiful design of the necklace, he turned it and read the words behind it. He smiled fondly.

"Happy Birthday, Tian. I love you." Phupha whispered. Tian hugs him tightly which Phupha returns. "I love you too," Tian replied and then they both had changed clothes and laid down on the bed, cuddling.

They laid there in silence until both had fallen asleep. A silhouette of a girl can be seen from the top of mountains. On the cliffs, smiling down at everyone, especially the couple. A windy whisper can be heard, 'Thank you, Tian.' The girl disappears and the moon's light shined down on the words on Tian's necklace.

'Constant as the stars above, My lonely star, you will always shine the brightest.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 836 15
Just a bunch of oneshots I wrote for KongArt Week 2021 based on the following prompts: Day 1: "Why are you here at four in the morning?" Day 2: Rescu...
65K 2.9K 24
#1 in EarthMixx (15th August 2021) #2 in EarthMix (18th August 2021) #3 in PhuphaTian (31st May 2022) "I wish to connect with my one true love and to...
171 7 10
A collection of deliciously sweet Kawoshin oneshots from my own brain and (hopefully) the community. Feel free to suggest any prompts for chapters in...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...