Unbreak My Heart (18+, ManxMa...

By PaisleyViking

********************SPOILER ALERT********************** DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BREAKING FINN, I... More

Introduction
Finn's Journal October-December 2014
Finn's Journal January - December 2015
Chapter 1 Going to California
Chapter 2 Safe Arms
Chapter 3 Juntado
Chapter 4 White Lies?
Chapter 5 Breakdown
Chapter 6 Waffles
Chapter 7 Let's Talk
Chapter 8 Zoinks
Chapter 9 I Never Meant to Cause You Any Sorrow
Chapter 10 Serenity Now
Chapter 11 All I Want
Chapter 12 And Then You Went Away
Chapter 13 Making Friends
Chapter 14 Lazy Sunday Afternoon
Chapter 15 Everybody Hurts
Chapter 16 Flying By the Seat of My Pants
Chapter 17 Everything I do...I do it for you
Chapter 18 No Love, No Glory
Chapter 19 Let Me Love You
Chapter 21 Opening at Juntado, part 2
Chapter 22 Crazy
Chapter 23 Art on the Street
Chapter 24 Hard Decisions
Chapter 25 The Big Reveal
Chapter 26 Sugar and Spice and All that's Nice
Chapter 27 Don't Worry
Chapter 28 More Surprises
Chapter 29 Breathe
Chapter 30 Baby I'm Amazed
Chapter 31 All That Matters
Chapter 32 Giving Thanks
Chapter 33 It's Real Love
Chapter 34 - The Epilogue

Chapter 20 Opening at Juntado, part 1

125K 3.1K 838
By PaisleyViking

Photo to the right is Jonah, Brett, Liam and Aiden all dressed up for Finn's art opening.  Don't they look handsome! :)

-----------------------------

Chapter 20

Finn

"You look stunning."  

I'd heard Nico arrive and quickly went out to the living room to greet him.  His eyes traveled from my head to my toes and back again with a warm smile and soft, twinkling eyes.  He looked excited to see me which made me doubly so.  It was a little more than an hour before my gallery show was going to open and the apartment was buzzing with excitement, but at that moment, all I could focus on was Nico.

I opened my mouth to return the compliment, because, man, he didn't just look stunning, he looked hot!  But after all the craziness of the past few days, the last minute running around and preparations, picking up people from the airport - though Chris and Thomas did most of that, and the general panic I always got during that last hour before the doors opened - did I get everything placed correctly, how will my new paintings be received, will my show be a bust?  After all that, my brain was mush and I had no words. 

I looked behind me at Benji who had followed me out of my bedroom; he had basically dressed me because figuring out what to wear would have just put me over the edge.  Plus, his sense of style was at par with Nico's, so I knew I was safe in his hands.

"Are you ready to go?"  Nico prompted.  I knew that if we didn't leave now we would be late and it was good luck to crack a few bottles of champagne with the gallery staff and close friends before the doors were opened.  I nodded my head and he stepped forward, rubbing my arms reassuringly.  "It's going to be a great night, aside from the part of the gallery you wouldn't let me see yet, the other paintings I saw are your best work to date, and believe me, as one of your top collectors, I know."  I looked up and laughed.  He had me there.

"Just promise me that tonight, you let a few other people buy some."  Nico let out one of his deep chuckles that emanated deep within his chest.

"I'm not that bad, I always made sure to leave plenty for the masses.  But, I promise I'll limit myself to my very favourites tonight."

"You do that."  I leaned forward and Nico did the same, pulling me into his arms with a deep kiss.  Neither of us cared who was watching.  By now, the cat was out of the bag with my friends.  

"Okay everyone, let's move out!"  That was Benji.  He had a huge grin on his face as he started directing everyone towards the door.  Crammed into my apartment right now were Benji, Chris and Thomas, Liam, Jonah, Brett and Aiden - who were all dressed to the nines, and Ajax was sitting on a stool at the kitchen island with an amused smirk as he watched his boyfriend start directing everyone.  

Nico had just arrived because he was delivering a few cases of champagne to Juntado so the staff could put them on ice.  I went back to my room to grab my phone and wallet and when I returned I saw Nico and Liam exchanging a few words, both with grins on their faces.  Something was up and I was looking forward to finding out what it was.

"Okay...does everyone know whose car they're riding in? Let's get some carpooling going on here gang, save as much parking for the guests as possible.  Liam and Jonah, you come with me and Ajax, Brett and Aiden can go with Chris and Thomas in Finn's car and Finn and Nico...are on their own.  Err...no stopping to make out on the way, you two.  No reenactment of the backseat scene from Titanic."  Both Nico and I sent him a glare while the others chuckled to themselves.

"Do all the others have rides?" I asked nervously as I realized I'd forgotten about that.  Elliott and David had flown in yesterday and were at a hotel; also, Jaime and little Daisy had flown in with Louisa and Rosita arriving early this afternoon.  They had gone straight to the same hotel to grab some sleep before they were to meet us at the gallery for our pre-opening toast.

"I've sent a car for them," Nico assured me giving me another squeeze on my shoulders.  "Let's go, everything is covered, the only thing needed now is for you to show up."

"Sorry," I sighed, "I always get nervous right before a show opens, it's silly I know, I've done enough of them by now, but it never seems to go away."

"It's okay baby," he whispered in my ear as he pulled my into a warm embrace.  "It's going to be perfect."   Benji had herded everyone out of the apartment, Ajax giving my arm a quick squeeze and a smile as he was the last to leave before the two of us.

I took a deep breath.  "Okay, let's blow this popcorn stand," I said on the exhale, straightening my back and pushing my shoulders back as if I was ready to go into battle.  Nico took my hand and led me out the door, making sure it was locked after pulling it shut. 

We were quiet on the ride to Juntado as I reflected on the last two weeks since the mind blowing night on Nico's boat.  It had been a whirlwind since that amazing, incredible, life-changing night.  

Nico had put on some relaxing classical music while we drove and I rested my head on the window, closing my eyes as I thought about 'that night'.  

I remember, as much as I had wanted to never leave Nico's side once we were officially together again, at the light of that next day, it had suddenly hit me how little time was left until tonight and I had to go into hyper mode to finish all of the paintings I wanted to present. 

Chris and Thomas were great!  They did all the cooking and cleaning at the apartment and when Liam needed a ride home, they took care of it.  When I was working they left the apartment and went off to explore the city while Liam quietly worked on his own paintings and took care of all the studio tasks; like cleaning brushes, putting away paint, even stretching canvas for me.

Nico...saying Nico was also great would be an understatement.  Nico was Nico, isn't that enough said?  He was there supporting me as much as I let him, while giving me the space I needed to work.  He'd made me breakfast the morning after we made love and we talked about what was to come.  We both decided to take things slowly, I had a show to get ready for and Nico wanted me to take my time to figure out what I wanted.  

I had my new apartment, school was starting soon, was I just going to move in with him? I don't know.  And I didn't expect him to want to move into my little apartment.  So we were going to, I guess, date for a while and see where it went from there.

That being said...we seemed to be spending most nights together.  Other than a few when I had plans with Chris and Thomas or Benji, most were being spent on Serenity or now at Nico's L.A. apartment which he had finally opened up again since it was a lot closer to the office, and well, me.  The marina was only about a half hour away, but L.A. traffic could sometimes double or triple that and it could be a pain.

So I would spend my days painting, then meet up with Nico for dinner and we would invariably end up in bed.  What can I say, we had a lot of time to make up for.

I thought of the nights we've been having lately and making love with Nico.  It was more than I could ever have hoped for.  It was intimate, passionate, loving, caring and filled every need that I'd been suppressing, even when I was with other boyfriends.  There was just no comparison.

Nico had his confidence back in comparison to that first day I saw him at the café.  In all of this, everyone seemed to be so focused on what happened to me and kind of forgot what happened to him.  It really changed Nico; he would never be the same as he was.  But I changed too and I felt like even with all of our changes, we were never more in sync and ready to be together.  Maybe it was all necessary to get to this point.  Maybe I had to leave him to grow up and become my own man.   

That brought up a whole new range of thought.  What if he had those old feelings again, do I want to be dominated?  Do I want to be a submissive again?  

Honestly, the answer is no.  I have to be my own person.  After everything I'd been through I didn't want to be dependent on someone again.  I need to take care of myself, that was something I couldn't compromise on.  Cynthia helped me to understand that with losing my Dad, then my mother leaving plus losing Nico, I just couldn't put myself in that position again.  But that didn't mean I didn't need him in other ways.  I needed to be with him, I needed to love him and feel his love, I needed to be close to him.  He made me feel whole.  I wanted him as a lover, not a caretaker and not as a Dominant.  I understood the lifestyle more now that I was an adult and I fully respected it.  It really worked for Benji and Ajax and some of the other friends I'd now made through Benji, but it just wasn't for me anymore.

However, I thought, grinning to myself.  I wouldn't mind some of the dominance in the bedroom.  Some of the things he did to me when we were together as Dominant and sub were...incredible.  I get hard just thinking about it, but outside of the bedroom wasn't an option for me anymore.  But I had yet to bring any of those wishes up to him.

Nico said he was no longer a Dominant and he had made no indication that this wasn't true.  He was still the top, and I was okay with that.  Hell, better than okay, who wouldn't want to be topped by that body!  Thoughts of his muscular chest and broad shoulders had me thinking about my final set of paintings.  Yeah, I had dug out that sketchbook and was turning some of them into paintings.  A study in Nico, I chuckled to myself.  The paintings focused on sections of his body, his torso or his back, trying to capture his muscles in motion; they were a study on form and the beauty in the male human body.  Of course he was my model, my muse, who else would be.

My thoughts in leaving out his face were not only to give him anonymity, but I wanted to focus on different elements of the human form to show the beauty in the individual pieces instead of the normal view of a person as a whole.  The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, it's said, but the parts have their own unique and inherent value.  It was kind of a deconstructed study of Nico.  Color me officially obsessed. 

They were beautiful, I have to say.  Maybe I wasn't objective, but I thought they were amazing and Garrett had a similar reaction.  Maybe more than I would have liked because he seemed to be eyeing Nico in a different way ever since he saw them.  Something I'd have to keep an eye on.  Wow, I'm getting jealous now.  

Like I said, no one had seen those paintings except for Liam and then Garrett as we set them up in a separate section of the gallery which had then been cordoned off until tonight.  I was curious to see how they'd be received, especially by Nico himself.  Liam said he'd love them.  I hope so.

I smiled thinking about little Liam.  I was excited for him tonight as well.  He was having a mini-opening himself.  The painting of he and Jonah was finished and it was to be Jonah's birthday present.  I had asked him to put it in the show and surprise Jonah with it since it was actually Jonah's birthday today.  I had to convince him it was good enough to present in public, but then he had agreed, quite excitedly.  I was proud to also be exhibiting a piece by my protege.

That reminded me of his other painting.  A few times I had caught he and Nico whispering about something while looking at the "secret" painting.  They both always had a big grin about whatever it was and as soon as I would walk in the room, it would get covered and they'd try to act like nothing was going on, so I just let it go.  Liam was thrilled about whatever Nico  had up his sleeve, so I'm sure it would be something great.

The music was lulling me into more thoughts.  Like just a few days ago.  Chris and Thomas had gotten home at about 7:00pm and I took that as a good cue to finish up for the day.  For the last two weeks I was painting between 8 and 10 hours a day and I couldn't lie, it was exhausting.  I'd made plans to spend that evening with them, eating pizza and watching a movie or two since, with work and Nico, I hadn't been spending much time with them and I was feeling guilty.  

Chris was a close friend and the more I got to know Thomas, the more I liked him.  He was a great guy!  Nico had understood and had made plans with some friends he hadn't seen in a while to meet for dinner.  We figured a night apart wasn't a bad idea.

"So Thomas and I are thinking about staying in L.A." Chris announced as we sat around the dinner table and I had just taken a sip of beer.  I raised an eyebrow while swallowing.  "Not here here, of course," he laughed, "we'll get our own place.  But now that I've graduated, I'm not tied to New York...I can paint anywhere, and there are great opportunities here for Thomas."

"That's great!  I can get you studio space at Juntado if you need it...I kind of have an 'in' there."  I hadn't told anyone yet about my connection with the gallery, Garrett didn't even know yet and I told Nico I wanted to hold off.  I still wasn't sure about it, but I didn't want to think about it right now.  There was no reason to make a decision right now and I didn't want my, I guess, ownership, to impact the show or my great working relationship with Garrett.

"Really, that's awesome," he replied, "I don't think we'll be able to afford that big an apartment, so it would be easier to work in an outside studio...and I like the interaction with other artists anyway.  What about you, will you paint there too?"

"I'm thinking about it.  You're right, it would be good to be around other artists and the location is in the heart of the art district.  When Liam goes back to school next month I think I'll probably move over there.  For right now, I really like working here with him, it's quiet which is easier while I've been teaching Liam, but in September, if he still wants to work with me, we can meet there a few afternoons after his schoolday."

"He's a great kid, and shit...I've never seen such a natural talent...well, not since you when you were 16.  I wish I had that."

"Ah, shut up, you're an amazing painter."

"You are," Thomas, who had been quietly listening up until now, pulled Chris into his lap.  "I love your paintings schnuckel."  

I laughed, Thomas had the best pet names for Chris.  He spoke several languages so he had words from all of them, I was pretty sure schnuckel was German by the sound of it, but I didn't know what it meant, if it meant anything at all.

Chris and Thomas were excited about their new plans and we talked about all the different possibilities as we finished dinner.  Later that night, after a movie, I was fading fast so I sent Nico a good night text as I crawled into the day bed in the studio.

Finn:  Heading to bed, How was your night?

Nico:  Good, but I missed you.

Finn:  Missed you too.  Lunch tomorrow?  Dinner seems too far away.

Nico:  Lunch is too far, how about I bring over some bagels in the morning, I won't stay long, I know you're busy.

Finn:  That'd be great!

Nico:  I'll see you around 9, Good Night Finn xox

Finn:  Night Nico <3

I had put my phone on the table and was asleep pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow with thoughts of Nico.  If felt good to relax and just drift off into nothingness. 

I slept like a rock until early morning light began to drift in the window.  Only, I pretty quickly realized I wasn't alone in the bed.  My back was tucked up into a warm chest and a strong arm was draped over my side, with a hand on my chest holding me firmly.  Breathing in Nico's  scent kept any panic at bay and opening my eyes to see his tan skin against my much paler chest brought on a heady feeling.  

I stretched my legs a bit, trying to keep as quiet as possible, but he was either already awake or had woken with me because soon I felt lips brushing over my neck and collarbone and his whole body pressed even firmer against my back.  I let out a moan as his tongue trailed up until he bit gently into my ear lobe.

"When did you get here?" I whispered.

"A few hours ago, I couldn't sleep.  Do you mind?"

"No, I wouldn't have given you a key if I minded.  I can't believe I didn't wake up though."  I craned my neck, giving him more access as his teeth scraped against my skin and a shiver ran down my spine.  I could feel Nico's erection pressing into my ass and it made me squirm against him.

"Be careful with that," he breathed into my ear, "you don't want to wake up the lion."

"I think the lion's already awake," I mused with a smirk, turning around to face him.  Nico's face was scruffy making him look rakish and I couldn't keep my fingers from tracing over the scratchy growth.  Even at 19, I didn't grow much facial hair, Nico's was such a turn on though, it just accentuated his masculinity and was damn sexy.  Nico had a relaxed smile on his face that shone through his eyes too.  "So...Nico.  You couldn't make it through one night without me?"

"Guilty as charged.  I'm pathetic, I know."

"That's not the word I would use," I said, "I missed you too, I was just so tired I would've crashed my car on the way over."  Nico's brow furrowed as he frowned.  "Don't worry big guy, that's why I didn't come."

"How are your new paintings coming," Nico asked, glancing over his shoulder, "they're all covered up."

"That's because I'm not ready to show them yet.  You can see them next week, just like everyone else."  I leaned up, pressing my lips against his.  "No talking, just kissing," I murmured as my lips brushed over him.  I heard a deep chuckle as Nico returned my kiss, running his hands behind my head and back and pulling me close.

"Mmmm," This is the best way to wake up.  Scratchy beard and all, nothing felt better than being in Nico's strong arms.  I kissed him back with everything I had and he soon rolled us over so he was hovering above me.  I spread my legs so his body tucked right into me, our hips pressed together.  We were both only in boxers and the thin fabric did nothing to inhibit me feeling every part of his hard-on as it rubbed against my own.  

"Do you think we can be quiet enough not to wake up Chris and Thomas?" He whispered into my ear.

"I'm willing to make a good try," I murmured, "always up for a good challenge."  Nico held my hands above my head as he continued our kiss while rubbing his bare chest against mine.  I stifled a groan as every nerve ending in my body seemed to wake up.  He doesn't play fair.

Nico's hips ground against mine and I looked up at his smirking face.  Two can play at this game, I thought as I wrapped my legs around his waist and pumped up into him.  The smirk was knocked off and his lips parted as if he needed more air, a lustful look in his eyes.  His mouth immediately covered mine in a plundering kiss as a small growling sound reverberated from his chest. 

Nico moved his hands off of mine, placing them under my back as he pulled me into him and held me tight, no space between us.  I wrapped mine around his neck, holding on with as much intensity and need.

"I love you...thank you for coming," I said quietly when we broke for air.

"I love you too, baby."  Even my most independent and mature parts of myself couldn't fight the pleasure when he called me baby...and I realized I needed some nicknames for him, now that I no longer was limited to Nico, Sir or Master.  This I would have to ponder.

We made love early that morning, slow and easy, quiet and sensuous, hips gently rocking as he pushed into me.  I bit down into his shoulder as I came, muffling my groans of pleasure and the effort of silence was apparent from the strain on Nico's face as he shuddered and filled me with his warm juices.  Needless to say when we walked out together while Chris was setting the table for three and Thomas was frying up bacon, I couldn't help but laugh at their shocked faces.  We quickly headed off to shower together while the two of them composed themselves and the four of us laughed about it over breakfast.  

Nico and Chris had finally come to terms and had accepted each other once they each realized they were both going to be in my life.

"We're here."  My eyes popped open and I sat up quickly.  "Did you fall asleep?" 

"No...well, not really."  I flushed in embarrassment.

"You've been working too hard Finn, after the opening I hope you catch up on some rest.  Maybe we can take a few days and get away."

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea.  But I'm fine now.  I'm ready."

"Good, let's go start this party then."

We hopped out of the car and headed for the front door of Juntado.  A staff person in a black suit was there so that only the few people I had specified would be let in early.

"Let's wait here for the other," Nico said, "they're just parking."

A few minutes later everyone had caught up and the door was opened for us.  I took two steps in and stopped.  "Oh my god!"  I took a few steps forward until I was standing right in front of a beautiful antique easel.  On the easel was a painting.  Not one of mine.

"Umm...Finn?"  A small voice came up behind me.  "It's for you...to say..um, thank you for teaching me to paint."

The painting was beautiful.  Chris was right, Liam was a natural.  His technique was flawless, the mood of the painting was relaxed, yet there was an energy to it that was difficult for the most seasoned painters to capture.

It was a painting of me standing at my easel painting.  Such a simple concept, but he was able to capture my own passion for my art through the look portrayed on my face, the posture he had me standing in, even the way I held my brush.  The way he used light and reflection was simply brilliant.  Looking at it brought tears to my eyes.

There was a small plaque at the bottom that said:  "Finn Jennings" in bold script.  Below that was "Painter"  and then in smaller script; by Liam Mathews.

I turned around and picked him up in a tight hug.  "Liam, it's incredible.  I love it.  I couldn't be prouder of you and I love the way it welcomes everyone to the show.  Thank you!"

"Do you really like it?" He asked as I let him go.

"It's amazing, just like you.  Everyone is going to be mesmerized by it."  We turned around and everyone was looking at us with huge grins.  Jonah and the other boys were beaming at Liam and Nico was giving me a coy smile.  "Why do I think you had something to do with this?" I asked him.  

He shrugged his shoulders, but Liam piped up.  "It was his idea...he got the plaque and came to see Garrett about it...I..I didn't want to intrude on your show though."

"Liam, you made my show better!  It was a great idea," I added turning my head from my protégé to my lover.  I mouthed a 'thank you' at Nico just before Garrett came over from where he and the staff had been setting up tables for food and drinks.

We all greeted on another while bottles of champagne started popping.

"Finn!"  I turned around as several voices called me from the entryway.  As soon as I saw them I started running over.  It was Louisa and Rosita followed by Jaime and little Daisy.  Nico  followed as he also had not seen Louisa and Rosita for some time.  There was lot of hugging and many tears.  I took Jaime aside while Daisy was being passed around and fawned over.

"Thank you for coming Jaime, it means a lot...and...well, thank you for understanding about Declan."

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world, Mijo. I'm so proud of you.  You know I understand, I...I'm so sorry for everything with Declan.  He can be so bullheaded sometimes."

"Yeah...but I don't really want to talk about him right now.  How are you?  Daisy looks beautiful!  She's getting so big!"

"She's wonderful, such an easy baby.  I love her so much!  We both do."  

Nico came up beside me.  "Jaime, it's good to see you."  I could see the strain on his face and his body was tense, I knew this wasn't easy for him.

"It's good to see you too.  I'm glad...well, I'm glad you're back.  I've never seen or heard Finn happier."  

Nico now looked surprised and I took his hand and squeezed it.  I had talked to Jaime quite a bit by telephone after Nico came back into my life and he understood now how much we meant to each other.

Elliott and David arrived and we all started making toasts and I took everyone around to show them the paintings.  David described them all to Elliott and they spent an extra amount of time in the area where the paintings inspired by Elliott's sculptures were.  I had information set up in that room with information about Elliott for anyone interested in his work.

At Garrett's suggestion, Nico had allowed him to borrow some of my earlier works to include in the show since I was relatively unknown on the west coast, it would give the local art dealers and collectors a better idea of my style.  Each painting that was not for sale was marked as borrowed from a collection, so people knew which they could purchase and which they could not.

I watched from afar as Liam took Jonah to the area where his other painting was hanging, the one especially for him.  Jonah looked at it and I could tell even from across the room that there were tears in his eyes.  Liam handed him a birthday card that I know had the poem inside that he had written when he had first done the original sketch.  Jonah read the card and grabbed Liam in a big hug that lasted several minutes.  I chuckled as Liam wrapped his legs around the taller boys waist after he realized he wasn't going to put down any time soon.  After a while Brett and Aiden joined them and they all admired the painting.

God, any more touching moments and I was going to melt into a puddle on the floor.  

"When are you going to show me the new ones?"  Nico asked as he grabbed me around the waist.  

"Uh oh, I'm a goner," I mumbled.

"What baby?"

"Nothing, the show hasn't even officially opened yet and I'm on emotional overload," I laughed.  "Come on, I want to show you before everyone else."  I took Nico's hand and walked over, removing the rope that blocked the entrance into the other part of the gallery.  My heart was racing as I led him in and watched him look around the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 49K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...
182 1 15
Hell. That's what his first year of high school was like. Not because he couldn't make friends, or didn't get the classes he wanted. No. It all start...
115K 4.4K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
14.9K 683 10
This is a boy x boy fan fiction. Don't like gay love then move on. This isn't the story for you. There will be cursing in this story. If you don't li...