My Protector (Lloyd X Reader)

By PhoenixBTS

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using four elemental weapons. But whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note

Chapter 19

2.2K 52 22
By PhoenixBTS

"The clock is only hours away from finishing its countdown to the Final Battle between good and evil, Garmadon. Why so sad?" The Overlord asks.

"Me? Sad? Ha! Nonsense. I couldn't be happier. It's just..."

"Lloyd?" The Overlord asks.

"I still have to battle my son and that pesky girlfriend in order to transform Ninjago into my image," Garmadon complains.

"Battle and defeat, if evil is to prevail."

The Ninjas are practicing their new powers on the shore of the island by exploding coconuts. Kai and Cole were shirtless while Jay and Zane were wearing summer shirts.

"Order up. Coconut cream pie. Served well done!" Kai cheers as he uses his powers and makes a coconut explode.

"It is good to have our powers back," Zane says.

"Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cool thing we do, I'd say we've got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say..." Jay says as Cole throws another coconut. "I'd be shocked if we lose!" Jay finishes as he makes the coconut explode.

"Enough! Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?" Wu asks his students.

"Uh, sorry, Sensei. We were just practicing our cool new Elemental Blades," Kai says.

"And our witty quips," Jay added.

"Be wary of overconfidence, Ninja. While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Army, only Lloyd and Y/n alone have the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last."

"Yes, Sensei."

"Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work," Julien explains to Lloyd and Y/n as the Falcon 'awakens.' "Come now, little one. Time to fly," He says as the Falcon flies off to find the Ninjas.

"It is like you Ninja. You each serve very important roles, and are each key parts to a magnificent fighting force," Wu adds.

"Eat dirt, scumbag!" Cole says, almost destroying the Falcon with his powers as Zane counteracts with his Ice.

"That is not a coconut!"

"Nice reflexes," Cole compliments as the Falcon squawks and lands on Zane's arm.

"Good to have you back, old friend."

"If we're all gears, what if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part? What if I can't help Y/n defeat my father?" Lloyd asks as said girl snuggles into his back.

"What if there are no more 'What-ifs?' The Final Battle is almost upon us. When that time comes, we will know the answer to what if whether we like it or not," Wu responds.

"I know you don't want to face your father, but there is no other choice," Nya says.

"But perhaps there is. I used to think it was inevitable, but then I found this," Misako says as she takes out a scroll.

"You mean Lloyd and Y/n won't have to fight? This I gotta hear," Cole says.

"The scrolls say that when the Helmet of Darkness is bequeathed to its rightful ruler, the Celestial Clock will count down to the activation of an unspeakable weapon. The first sign that the Final Battle between good and evil has begun."

"Did you just say 'unspeakable weapon?'" Kai asks.

"And what kind of unspeakable are we talking about?" Y/n asks.

"Uh...I'm still stuck on what 'bequeathed' means," Jay says.

"Go on, Misako. Don't let us interrupt you. How do we stop the Final Battle?" Cole asks.

"There is nothing here that explains what would happen if the Helmet of Darkness is returned."

"Interesting. Remove the helmet, the clock starts. Put it back, the clock stops," Wu says.

"And the Final Battle never starts," Lloyd finishes.

"And we won't have to fight Lord Garmadon," Y/n adds.

"Bequeathed, anyone? Is anybody gonna help me out with that?" Jay asks.

Kai ignores Jay. "Uh, that sounds great and all, and I know we have our new powers, but you expect us to get past his whole army of Stone Warriors and pluck the helmet off his head?"

"My brother's right. They're good, but they're not that good," Nya says.

"I know. And that is why I am going to do it. I'll just need a little help," Misako says as she talks to the Ninjas. "In order to get past their guards, we need to first get control..."

"I'm sorry, Lloyd and Y/n. This mission isn't for you," Wu says.

"But we're all powered up, we can help," Lloyd says.

"We mustn't let you and your father come face to face yet. We're trying to prevent the Final Battle, not welcome it."

"Yes, Sensei."

"To combat the Ninjas' new power, we have honored your request to step up defenses," Kozu tells Garmadon.

"Hehehe, I like what I see," Garmadon laughs.

"Why build your forces, when all of your attention should be on completing the ultimate weapon?" The Overlord asks.

"What good is an ultimate weapon if I'm not around to use it? Do not question my motives!"

"It is not your motives I question but your resolve. I fear you're hesitating as the hours count down to facing your son. So it is true."

"Never doubt my evil again! Not if you wish to remain my ally when I rule," Garmadon says before turning back to his army. "Get back to building the ultimate weapon! And do not stop until it is complete."

"Yes. Now there is the Garmadon I am counting on."

The gates to the camp open and Misako comes in with the ninjas, disguised as Stone Warriors.

"Unhand me, you fiends!"

"Klata bu!" The warrior says.

"Uh, what did he say?" Cole asks.

"I don't know."

"I believe it is an ancient language."

"Well, somebody say something," Cole whispers. "Uh, bada-bada, bing-bong!"

"Cheep, cheep, chit-ta-ta-ta!" Kai says.

"Tick Tock, tick tock," Zane responds.

"Bequeath, bequeath, bequeath!"

"Huh?"

"That's right, you caught me. But I'll never tell you where our base is. And you won't hear another peep out of me, unless you take me to Garmadon," Misako says as Kozu growls but takes her to Garmadon.

"I said that I was not to be disturbed."

"Forgive me, my lord, but we have a prisoner who knows the whereabouts of your son's rebel base," Kozu tells Garmadon.

"Misako!"

"It's been a while," She says.

"I, uh..." He clears his throat. "Release her."

"Yes, sir," Kozu says, cutting the rope and leaving.

"Take off that silly helmet. Let me get a good look at you," Misako says.

"If you don't mind, I'd rather not."

"How about this? It's 'ice' to see you," Zane says.

"Uh, I don't know. I feel like you could do better," Jay says.

"I swear I heard that before," Cole responds.

"Ugh. I feel like a clunky mule in this thing," Kai complains.

"Savy shun!"

"Uh, is he talking to us?" Kai asks.

"I think he wants us to get working," Zane says.

"SAVY SHUN!" He repeats as the Ninjas run to the Garmatron.

"Bequeath, bequeath, bequeath!"

"Tick Tock, polly wock!"

"Bing-bong!"

"So you know where our son is hiding, but I suspect you won't give him up that easily," Garmadon tells his wife as he grabs a sword. "I know you too well, Misako. Why did you allow yourself to get caught?"

"Because I know you don't want to fight as much as Lloyd and his girlfriend don't want to fight."

"Lloyd actually has a girlfriend—uh, I mean, so Lloyd doesn't want to fight?" He evilly laughs.

"If you're still the man I once loved, I know you'd never want to see him harmed."

"But it is foretold. It is our destiny. I don't care about him. I only care about turning Ninjago into my own image."

"Then you're not the man I married. I should go," Misako says as she turns around.

"No! Don't," Garmadon said as he took off his helmet. "Misako, I may look different, and evil may now course through my veins, but I am still the same man standing before you," He says, putting the hat on the mannequin's head. "I want you to rule by my side."

"Aw, man! No matter how many bad situations we get ourselves out of, we never seem to be able to escape chores!" Jay complains as he brings Dark Matter to the Garmatron.

"What is that thing?" Cole asks.

"It must be the unspeakable weapon Misako was talking about," Zane guesses.

"Look, guys. An elevator. Sweet," Cole says.

"Soya!"

"Ah. Relax, relax. Forget it. Sheesh, what is wrong with these guys?" Cole asks.

"I don't know about you, but that just looked like some sort of massive cannon," Kai says.

"What do you suppose it's for?" Zane asks.

"Oh, I don't know. How about to destroy us?" Jay asks rhetorically.

"Tun meta! TUN META!" A Stone Scout bonks Cole.

"Hey, why don't you bonk someone your own size, half-stack?" Cole asks.

"Tun meta!" The Stone Warrior says before Cole kicks him off the platform.

"That guy seriously had it coming," Cole says.

"Ninja, go!" The ninjas said before changing to their gis.

"At least we get to break the ice!" Zane says as he uses ice to make the floor slippery for the Stone Warriors.

"Haha. Nice one, Zane!" Kai says.

"Now you're cooking with gas. Or should I say, electricity!" Jay says as he shocks some warriors as the elevator they were in fell. "Going down?"

"Save some lines for us, Jay. I wouldn't want us to bowl over the competition," Cole says before swinging from a rope and missing. "Oh, this is bad. This is really really—" He says before slamming into some barrels. "Bad."

"Let's get Misako and get out of here!" Kai says.

"Ninja, go!" They say before knocking more warriors.

Misako tries to steal the helmet.

Garmadon sighs. "Misako, I'm glad you finally understand me. Not many people do, you see," He explains as Misako sneaks to his helmet as he groans. "Being evil these days is really unappreciated. But you...I always knew I could count on you."

Misako takes the helmet and runs before the alarm rings.

"Huh? You deceived me? Stop her!"

"You got the helmet!" Zane says.

"And you got spotted!" Misako responds.

"Cole gave us away," Jay blames.

"All right, I've had a rough day. Can we stop laying blame, and focus on what's in front of us?" Cole asks.

"Maybe we should worry about what's behind us," Kai says as he hears rumbling behind him.

"Cut them down to size," Garmadon laughs as he was on a Samurai Mech and swings a sword at them.

"If we do not return the helmet before the clock strikes zero, we won't be able to prevent the final battle," Misako says.

"Don't worry, I'm on top of it! Yah, whooo!" Jay cheers as he jumps, and the Mech throws him up.

He screams before getting slammed on the ground.

"Oh, maybe not. Ugh."

"Didn't his mama ever teach him the bigger they are, the harder they fall?" Cole asks as he uses his Earth powers, but Garmadon deflects the rocks. "Oh, apparently she did."

Kai uses his fire, but there's no effect. "Oh, great."

"Bye, bye!" Garmadon says.

"Ugh, well, we better think of something fast, because...I'm out of lines! Hey!" Kai says as Nya rescues them in the Earth Driller just in time to save them.

"Whoa, it's Nya!"

"Hey, guys!" She says as she trips Garmadon.

"How did you know we needed you?" Jay asks.

"Look up," She says, pointing to the Falcon. "Get in! Hang on," She says, digging underground.

"Don't just stand there! Get them!"

"You fool! You let them get away with the helmet? Don't you realize if they put it on, they will control the Army?" The Overlord asks.

"I'll see to it personally. It's my turn," Garmadon says.

"Heh, cool hat. I wonder if it'll make me look more menacing," Jay says, putting the hat on.

"Is that really wise? If that helmet turns you evil, we're kicking you out," Nya says.

"Uh, is that possible? Uh, it's probably got Garmadon cooties anyway," Jay says, removing the helmet.

"Did we get the helmet?" On-screen Wu asks.

"We did, and we're all accounted for," Nya tells the Sensei.

"Then let's rendezvous at the clock," He says.

"It's so dark in here. One of these have got to be a light switch," Jay says as he presses a few buttons, screaming when he sees a swordsman.

"Uh, sis, can we go any faster?" Kai asks.

"We're going as fast as we can."

"We're definitely not going fast enough," Cole says.

"Okay," Nya responds before they go back above ground..

"We're losing them!" Jay cheers.

"Whoo-hoo!"

"Excellent!"

"Awesome!"

"Uh, oops," Zane says when he sees Garmadon in his mech.

"You won't get away from me again, Misako."

"Hang on!" Nya says. "Have we lost him?"

"Not quite!"

They scream as they're thrown onto a tree.

"Ugh! It's stuck!" Nya says as she tries to break the glass and Garmadon grabs them.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Cole says.

"I finally have you Ninja in the palm of my hand!" Garmadon laughs.

"Let them go!" Lloyd says before he and Y/n shoot him with energy.

"Ow!" Jay groans.

"Lloyd, Y/n, be careful!"

Garmadon gets out of the mech, too weak to fight back.

"Holy cannoli, Lloyd and Y/n and Garmadon in a face-off! Take the shot, Lloyd and Y/n!" Jay says.

"He's vulnerable!"

"Do not hesitate!"

"Strike now!"

Garmadon coughs.

"I'm sorry, Father," Lloyd apologizes. "You leave me no choice. It is our destiny."

The two of them make an energy ball and Y/n hesitates as Lloyd doesn't want to take the shot, so she doesn't.

"No! What are they doing?" Jay asks.

"They're coming," Misako says.

Garmadon laughs.

"Lloyd, Y/n, we need to move!"

"The clock is not too far from here," Nya says.

"Okay!" The Chosen Ones say.

"Better hop in," Nya says.

"Go!" Lloyd says before they leave.

The Ninjas then arrive at the clock.

"Wow. This clock is a mechanical masterpiece," Nya marvels.

"You're welcome to dismantle it once we stop it," Misako says.

"There's only a couple minutes left!" Jay says.

"Everyone, look for the helmet's perch! It could be anywhere," Misako says.

"You dont know how to return the helmet?" Wu asks.

"It has a resting place somewhere," She says as she places down the helmet. "Oh, that didn't work. Maybe here."

"Perhaps I found the perch!" Zane says as he gets tossed the helmet. "Ugh, no. Wrong place!"

"Oh, what about here?" Jay asks before trying.

"Could this be the place?" Wu asks before Kozu pushes him. "Oof!"

"No!"

"There's only thirty seconds left. I believe it's time to die—" Kozu says as a pole pushes the helmet. "No!"

"Get the helmet!" Misako says.

"Right!" Cole gets the helmet but drops it.

"Ah! The helmet's perch!"

"There's only ten seconds left!" Wu says.

"I'll get it!" Y/n says.

She summons her wings before placing the helmet down and the clock stops.

"No!"

"Ah! It worked!" Lloyd cheers.

"We did it!"

The Stone Army growls, and the clock starts again, blaring a horn.

"No."

"The Horns of Destruction. We were too late," Misako says.

"Overlord, what has happened?" Garmadon asks.

"It has started."

The clock shines out a beam of light.

"What is that thing?"

The ninjas prepare to fight, but they fall down the cliff, Nya being the only one to remain at the top.

"Nya!"

"Jay!"

"Sis!"

Kozu grabs Nya.

"Let her go!" Jay demands.

"Or what?" Kozu asks. "You will make a big splash?"

"The ground!"

"No, no!"

The ninjas then fall into the Endless Sea, Y/n being able to stop right above the water after summoning her wings and gently landing. They all get onto shore, still hearing Nya scream.

"This is all my fault. I should've taken the shot.," Lloyd says.

"We're all at fault, kid. It's just the way the cookie crumbled," Cole says.

"Ah! Are you still making jokes? They have Nya, and you're making jokes?" Jay asks as he tackles Cole.

"It was just a poor choice of words!" Cole defends.

"Enough!" Wu said as he stopped Jay from punching Cole. "We have lost enough. We don't need to lose our focus."

"Forget focus," Kai says.

"We need to get my big sister back," Y/n says.

"By the time we get back up there, they'll be gone. We will get your sister, but the clock has reached a zero and the Final Battle could start at any moment. We must head back to the Bounty to get prepared, so that next time, the both of you will not hesitate," Misako says as Y/n sighs.

"Come on, Lloyd. Let's go home. You will get your chance."

"Behold, the ultimate weapon. I give you ... Garmatron!" The Overlord says.

"It's more beautiful than I could ever imagine!" Garmadon says as he and the Overlord start laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.1K 44
At the age of two, Lord Garmadons only son Lloyd has been kidnaped by an unknown enemy. The parents of the young child is drowned in sorrow. Garmadon...
229K 7.1K 94
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master using the four golden Elemental weapons, whose powers were far two gre...
885 17 11
Cole's a proper adult again. But now Zane's missing, the others think he's been stolen. Jay's still working to break up the ninja. Can they find Zane...
7.6K 223 19
Heyo! So this is technically the third book in my Ninja series. (The Mysterious Ninja is the first, Hunt for the Green Ninja is the second) So this w...