Arcane

By sage_storys

Forced to move, Ember Evergreen has to say goodbye to her best friend. She never thought she would see him ag... More

Beginning
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
chapter 75
chapter 76
chapter 77
chapter 78
chapter 79
chapter 80
chapter 81
chapter 82
chapter 83
chapter 84
chapter 85
chapter 86
chapter 87
chapter 88
chapter 89
chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

chapter 15

14.8K 325 153
By sage_storys

The rest of the concert was amazing, I knew most of the songs he sung, Chelsea right by my side. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Harry, he was magnetic. It was like he owned the stage the minute he walked on it, 30 minutes later he performed his last song of the night. "This next one is called Carolina"

I had never heard it before, the melody was catchy, but what really caught me off guard were the lyrics.

"She's got a book for every situation
Gets into parties without invitations
How could you ever turn her down?
There's not a drink that I think could sink her
How would I tell her that she's all I think about?
Well, I guess she just found out"

I had to listen hard to make out the words, my heart wincing a bit when I heard them correctly. I didn't know exactly how to react, I kind of just stood there, watching him sing. I know this might seem a bit dramatic but it was almost like he was avoiding eye contact. When he finished the song he thanked everyone for coming and wished us a goodnight, glancing at me for a second before leaving the stage.

The crowd died down and people started to leave, I watched as Chelsea checked her bag to make sure she had everything when she looked at me. "You okay?" I nodded, running my hand through my now frizzy hair. "Who was Carolina about?" I asked, scared for the answer. I saw the top corners of Chelsea's lips turn up before she smiled, "Aw, baby are you jealous?" She asked, and I frowned, turning around to make my way outside. She laughed loudly and reached for my arm pulling me towards her as we walked with our arms intertwined.

"Don't worry, the song came out with his first album. Super long ago." I nodded, but pulled out my phone, typing in the song name and the name 'Townes'. Chelsea saw what I was doing and scoffed, before looking at me again with a more motherly look. "I don't think you should snoop Ember"

I shook my head sending her a look as we walked outside to the cool air, which was nice compared to the humid air inside. "I'm not snooping I'm just... investigating?" Chelsea smiled, "I'm pretty sure that's worse, but come on let's find the car." As we walked through the parking lot, my mood gradually got worse. I found interview quotes and moments about Harry talking about Townes.

I found the lyric analysis and worse, I found her instagram.

Fuck she was gorgeous.

Now, I'm usually not the jealous type. But who wouldn't be if this girl was your competition? I bet she was super nice too, that bitch. We drove back home when I got a text from Harry.

From: Harry
Hey, thought you would come backstage after this show. Can I come over?

I bit down on the inside of my cheek, listening the the radio as I replied.

To: Harry
Sorry, I didn't know I could. Yeah you can come over, I'm almost home anyways :)

He didn't reply when Chelsea pulled into her driveway, saying goodbye as we switched seats and I drove back home. As I got inside to my apartment I was surprised to see Harry sitting at my door. I slowed my steps seeing him crouch on the floor, his head shooting up when he heard me. He was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a brown hoodie, after show attire I'm guessing.

"Harry? How did you get here so quick?" I asked, slowly moving towards him to unlock my door as he stood up. "Might have gone a bit over the speed limit" he chuckled, the air seemed thick around us, but fragile at the same time. I nodded, unlocking the door and letting him in first.

"Thanks"

He mumbled, I closed the door behind me and threw my keys on the kitchen counter, feeling his gaze on me. "You look good" he said, rubbing the back of his neck with his hands. "Thank" I said, taking my heels off that were killing my feet.

When I finished throwing them across the room I looked at Harry who was standing 5 feet away, obviously not knowing what to do.

I am tired, not only physically, but mentally. I'm tired after dancing for a long time, and screaming my lungs out, but also from mentally overthinking. For once I wanted to do something without thinking of the consequences, without freaking out about what's going to happen next. I'm fucking frustrated.

Harry started to speak, but before he could finish his sentence, I closed the distance between us, holding his face in my hands and connecting our lips.

He took a sharp inhale of breath, his eyebrows furrowing with confusion. I pulled back quickly, surprised by my own actions. Our breathing got heavy as we got closer, I watched as he licked his lips as it to see I had really just kissed him. The was a moment of silence before he crashed back down into me, pulling me in by my waist with one hand, the other one holding my jaw. His lips were soft, like velvet.

The kiss before was hesitant and quick, this one heated and passionate. Both of us acting like we were never going to see each other again and this was our goodbye. A low groan escaped his lips as we moved back, sending heat straight to my core. His hands were all over me, exploring every last inch. Mine moved to his chest and hair, feeling his muscles tense and twitch with the movement of my hands. He walked forward causing me to move back, slamming me into a wall as a small whimper left my mouth, earning an approving him from him.

He swiped his tongue across my bottom lip, making me invite him in happily. I felt dizzy and hot, my skin getting goosebumps following the trail his hands. I lifted up my leg, wrapping it around his hip pulling him closer to me, letting a small moan slip out as he pushed his hips into mine, his hard member pressing into my core.

He suddenly pulled back, his breath heavy and forced. I'm surprised I didn't fall without the extra support from his hold, he rubbed his eyes with his hands, looking at me like I wasn't real. I felt a small sting of rejection, "I'm sorry, was that not okay?" My voice was small and timid, I probably looked like an idiot. But I was even more surprised when Harry laughed, throwing his head back a bit and mumbling something under his breath.

"What?" I said a bit louder as a laugh came out of my mouth. He shook his head, walking towards me and cupping my face in his hands, kissing my forehead. "No, it was perfectly fine Ember. But I had to stop myself before things moved to fast," He said moving back and tugging the bottom of my dress down that had ridden up. I pouted looking at him confused, "You said you weren't ready to have sex" he said, pecking my lips with his own in an intimate gesture.

My mind went back to a couple nights ago,

"I can't have sex." I blurt out, my own mouth betrayed me, I said it so fast I'm not sure he even understood me

I hung my head down, laughing at myself. "Right, sorry" I smiled, looking back down at him. He smiled and shook his head, "Never apologize for something like that, we don't have to move so fast love." He said pulling me to the couch, pecking my lips once more as sat next to each other. My mind went to the concert, an evil thought running to my mind.

"I really like your show" I said to Harry, seeing a smile pop onto his face, his dimples decorating it perfectly, "Yeah? I saw you sing along it, know the lyrics do ya?" He said, poking the tip of my nose with his finger as I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I did. Although.." I said with a teasing tone, putting my head down to my his eyes, "There was this one song I didn't know the words to" I said, his brows furrowing with a smile, "Oh yeah? Which one"

I pretended to think about it for a second, starting to hum the melody of Carolina as his eyes went wide for a second. "Wait- listen- the song was- I mean"

I stopped, laughing to see how flustered I got him, "It was about a girl I knew a really long time ago and" I cut him off, pressing my lips to his, feeling my chest grow warm at the new sensation. I felt his lips smile against my own as we kissed, moving slowly yet with passion. I heard him whine when I pulled back, making me laugh.

"You don't have to explain yourself, it's a good song" I chuckled, making him smile too.

I poked his dimple, seeing him grow confused but continue smiling. It was quiet for a second before he pulled me to him, making me yelp at the sudden gesture when he laid me down on his chest.

He turned on the tv as white noise, his heart beating close to my ear.

"Harry?"

He hummed a response, "Yeah?"

"Will you be here in the morning?"

He hesitated for a moment, and I felt my hopes break down with the lack of an answer. But then I felt his lips press down on my forehead,

"I'll be here"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
94.1K 5.7K 65
[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a hint of emotion in my voice. His eyes s...
138K 3.1K 102
I cupped her face in my hands, rubbing my thumbs in circles over her cheeks. She was having trouble finding words to describe what she felt, and I co...
1.6K 87 25
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...