chapter 17

I'm on a fucking plane to London. This is crazy and surreal.

The last week had gone by surprisingly fast, work took over most of my days and I had come home super exhausted so I didn't have the energy to freak out over the fact that I'm flying to Harry right now. I have about an hour left, my stomach started churning as I remembered Harry said he would pick me up. In fact he insisted on it. I was freaking out, what is this? The whole week he hadn't brought up the kiss, but did I want him to?

The seatbelt sign turned on, babies started screaming and the plane headed down. When we landed I turned my phone back on, seeing a few texts from Harry and immediately felt a smile on my face.

From: Harry

Emmmm tell them to hurry the plane up

From: Harry

Let me know when you land, stay safe!!

I bit my lip as I responded, hearing people start to grab their carry ons.

To: Harry

Just landed, are you by the gate? :)

I shut off my phone and stood up, dusting off any wrinkles from my clothes

I grabbed my bags, standing up and bumping into others as we got off the plane

I grabbed my bags, standing up and bumping into others as we got off the plane. My heart started to pick up as I got closer to the door that led to the tunnel, that then would lead to Harry..

From: Harry

Waiting outside

I felt my excitement start to bubble, not being able to stand still. I was standing behind an older couple, who felt the need to take their sweet time. I pouted my lips in annoyance, every time I tried to pass them, they walked in front of me. I let out a small groan and tapped the ladies on the shoulder, "Excuse me? I don't mean to be a bother, but I have someone waiting for me and-"

They smiled and nodded, moving aside to let me through. I smiled and picked up the pace, finding myself running to the gate, bag in my hands. As I got closer I saw the familiar head of curls, the same smile, the same dimples that cut into his cheeks. He saw me, waving brightly with his hands. I ran up to him and as soon as I got close enough I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling a loud laugh vibrate through his chest.

I didn't realize how much I missed his presence until now.

He wrapped his hands around my waist, spinning me around and placing me back on the floor looking down at me. "How was your flight Em?" I smiled as he picked up my bags, walking with me to baggage claim. "It was okay, a little bit of turbulence." He nodded, listening as I talked.

We picked up my suitcase, heading outside to his car. "Can you recommend some hotels? I didn't get a chance to book anything yet" I asked as we drove, he turned his head towards me, "Yeah, I got a hotel for you don't worry about it"

"What? Harry no, I told you I wanted to pay for it by myself! You already paid for the flight" I pouted, seeing his smile grow. "Don't worry, it's free"

"What?"

"You'll see"

I slumped back into my seat, looking out of the window as we drove. Deja vu overwhelmed me, the familiar streets passing us by. I don't know why me and mum never visited, it was beautiful.

We pulled into a house, a very familiar house.

"We're at your home?" Harry nodded, watching for my reaction "Welcome to your hotel for the week" My eyes went wide, "You want me to stay here?" He parked, looking at me "You don't have to if your not comfortable, I can always get you a hotel. It's just a suggestion if you're okay with it" I shook my head in disbelief, smiling as I looked at the house. "No no, I'd love to stay. It just took me a bit by surprise that's all." I stepped out of the car, looking at the house in awe.

I turned to my left, seeing my childhood home and the emotions rushing right through me. I spun around, my eyes wandering around the place. I walked through his front yard, feeling his eyes on me as I saw the garden in the front yard still that my mum had planted so many years ago. The new owners must have kept up with it.

I turned back to Harry, who was leaning against the hood of the car, smiling as he watched me with the baggage at his feet. "This is crazy" I smiled, hearing a laugh come from him. "Want to go inside, say hello to my mum? I have somewhere to take you afterwards if you're not too jetlagged. I nodded, following him inside and through the door.

"We're home!" He yelled loudly, and I heard shuffling through the kitchen, Anne rushing through with that beautiful smile on her face that I used to be so attached to. "Ember!" She exclaimed, her hands stretched out for a hug that I gladly accepted. "How are you Anne?" I mumbled into her shoulder, the feeling of nostalgia was crazy. "I'm good dear, how are you?" I pulled back smiling, "I'm good"

"And your mum?"

"She's great too"

"How's New York?"

"It's cold"

"How about-"

"Mum" Harry interrupted, shaking his head as he pointed to himself, "I'm here as well remember? Your son? " Anne shook him off, giving him a small kiss on the cheek as she pulled me to the kitchen, I looked back at Harry who had mock offense all over his face. But I could see in his eyes that he loved Anne's reaction.

She had baked for us, talking for 30 minutes before Harry pulled me away. "I want to show you something" It had grown almost dark outside, the sun slowly going down. "Do you remember the path we walked from school everyday?" He asked, and I nodded realizing it was the way we were walking now. "And the place we went to before you left?"

"Yeah, the cherry blossom tree" Harry turned me around as we entered the park, making me face it. It was still there, 10 years later, still beautiful as ever. "No way.." He squeezed my shoulders, wrapping them around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder as I stared at the tree in awe.

I felt small kisses of affection on my neck from Harry, I turned around to face him. "Why did you want to bring me here?" I asked, a small smile playing on my lip as I bit it. He looked down on me, looking golden as the sunset light played on him. He tucked a small strand of my hair behind my ear, cupping my cheek in his hand.

"This was one of the last memories I had of
you before you left.." He started, his voice low and sultry. "I wanted this to be the first memory of you being back home"

My heart just exploded on the spot, I swear.

"You did?" He nodded, smiling as he pulled me closer against his chest, resting his head on top of mine.

I listened to his heart beat as I rested my head on his chest.

This was perfect.