Chapter 94

Harry's pov

-

I woke up, looking to my left and checking the time. 9:03 am.
I scratched my torso, turning my head towards Ember, seeing her in the same position she was in last night, facing the window away from me. She was usually up by now, waking me up or downstairs cuddling with Finny.

I turned over to her side and kissed her shoulder, "Good morning love, you ready to get up?" We had last minute decorating options we had to look at, table covers and what not. She didn't respond, her breathing not changing as I rested on my elbow.

I placed my hand on her shoulder, rubbing her softly to wake her up. "Ember, we should get ready. We don't want to be late."

"I don't think I'll be able to go today." She said, her voice wide awake and not a bit groggy like it always was when she woke up in the mornings. I tilted my head to the side and looked over at her, seeing her eyes open and staring out the window. There were dark bags under her wet eyes.

"Did you not sleep last night?" I ask, seeing her eyes meet mine for a split second and then looking away just as fast. "Not really, I don't feel to well Harry. Please go without me."

I felt a small pressure in my chest telling me to stay with her, but I didn't know what she needed. If she wants to be alone, that's probably for the best right?

I nodded and kissed her forehead, her eyes shutting for a bit and pulled back. I went to our closet and picked out a crewneck with planets on it, one she had bought me a while ago. I put on some light washed jeans and my vans, brushing my teeth and heading downstairs.

As I opened the door I saw Finny standing in front of me, wanting to be let into our bedroom. I raised a brow and said hello, petting her as she looked past me with her big eyes. "Hey Fin, wanna say hi to Ember?"

As if she understood me, the cat walked right passed me, rushing into the bedroom and hopping up on the bed next to Ember. Ember didn't react, it seemed as if she was numb to everything around her this morning. Finny pawed at Embers arm a bit, giving up when she didn't get a response and laying down next to her, resting her tiny head against Embers back.

"I'll be back home soon. There's still left overs from yesterday, love you."

There was no response as I locked the door behind me.

The rest of the day was relatively calm, just a few I's to dot and T's to cross off. Making sure the flowers were in the right arrangements and colors, making sure we had the right type of chairs and wood for chairs. I didn't know everything had to be so exact when it came to wedding planning.

After a long day I drove back home, stopping at a grocery store to pick up some mint chocolate chip ice cream for Ember, her favorite in attempt to cheer her up. She's probably sitting on the couch and laughing at trashy reality tv by now with Finny.

The thought alone made me chuckle to myself, a warmth in my chest as I parked and headed upstairs, ice cream in hand.

I unlocked the door, opening it and expecting Ember to be on the couch. Instead I was met with darkness, the lights I had turned off this morning at 10 were still off, nothing moved or changed from where I left it. I frowned in confusion and tossed my keys and the ice cream on the counter, looking around for any sign of Ember having left the room.

Finny wasn't downstairs to greet me, another sign that something was probably not right. I took off my shoes and headed up the stairs to the bedroom, opening the door and my heart dropping at the sight in front of me.

Ember was laying in bed, facing the window away from me, her breathing even. Finny was resting near her back with her head against her, looking at me but staying with Ember. A small meow left her in a greeting, Ember having no reaction.

I thought maybe she had fallen asleep, but it's already 9pm, she would have been up if she slept by now right?

"Hey Ember, I'm home. Did you stay here all day?" I ask, trying my best to show I wasn't scolding her, but just asking. She didn't respond, not moving or anything expect for the small up and down pattern of her breathing.

I walked up and saw her eyes were open, staring at the sky line of the city.

"Ember" I asked in desperation, I just needed to hear her voice right now.

But again, nothing changed. Her eyes staying forward, watching the city.