My colleague (Rob Jetten x Je...

By xoxodutchgirl

Rob has been on and off with Thierry, his closeted lover, when suddenly a tall mysterious stranger enters th... More

Preface (Voorwoord)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 7

4.5K 147 594
By xoxodutchgirl

Rob Jetten 

My body feels heavy as I drag my feet up to my apartment. I grab the shiny golden doorknob as it makes me think of the ray of sunlight illuminating Jesse's beautiful face the other day on the roof. 

No, I can't do this today. I've taken the rest of the day off work to gather myself, not to wallow more in one of the two overly complicated men in my life. 

I lay my briefcase on the kitchen counter next to the sink. Water. I need water, the headache I'm feeling is probably just due to dehydration. I fill up a large glass of icy cold water and down it within a few seconds. But all the cold liquid does, is remind me of Thierry's touch. 

I fill up another glass as I take it with me to the couch. I place it on an auburn-colored coaster, to which I lie my phone next. As I do so, Huffiepuff jumps on my lap. 

'Hey there, sweetheart, have you missed your ol' dad?'

Huffie used to be a stray cat before I adopted her. She has a few spots here and there, but furthermore, she is mostly white. Or well, off-white, she likes to play around in the garden a lot. Okay, really it is just a balcony, but I created my own little garden a few years back because I missed nature. Don't get me wrong, I like living in the city and being close to work. But it makes me feel empty sometime. Nature helps me fill that gap. At least for a little while. 

I love everything it provides, the colors, the smell, the rain, the fruits, and vegetables, but mostly the animals. I have these moments when it gets too painful to see how humanity destroys our planet. It is moments like these I like to retrieve to my own little garden with Huffie, it helps me cope. Seeing the animals just being animals makes me smile, it gives me hope. Something I seem to lose more than once in a while. 

I grab a sketchbook from the mahogany bookcase behind the couch and I take it outside. I spend a little over an hour on the balcony, drawing whatever is around me. I start with Huffie, cute little thing. Next, I draw my lovely tomato plant, and finally of course my-

*Ring ring...*

I hear my phone ringing from the dining table and stand up to walk inside. Must be a friend that I know from work. As I reach the table, the call ends. 

Sigrid? There must be something important for her to call me, she knows I took a sick day. I go to call her back immediately when I receive a text message from her.

Sorry, wrong Rob ;) Are you ok?

I wonder if she really intended to call another Rob, or if it is just an excuse to check in on me. She gets a little worried about me sometimes, I tell her there's no need for it, but I guess it is just how she shows her love. 

I'm okay, just spending some time outside with Huffie :)

I go to lay my phone down when I spot an old message from Jesse. 

Stop torturing yourself over someone that looks like a thumb.

He sent me this the other day when Thierry was speeching. He must have perceived the pained look on my face. I didn't think he noticed me, until that moment. The message made me smile, he must have noticed that as well because when I looked up to him sitting across the aisle, he winked at me. It was a genuine gesture, not like the wink in the parking lot. That was something else...

As I'm lost in thought, I swipe over his picture. I took it this morning when he was on the stand. He's very passionate about the environment, I adore that about him.

*Ding dong*

Shit.

The sound of the doorbell ringing made me startle and drop my phone. I reach to pick it up as suddenly someone starts knocking on my door, loudly

I leave it and get up and make my way over to my front door as the knocking has grown more powerful and even aggressive. 

It's becoming so loud, I feel the vibration of the door in my feet. My heart is raising and my palms are getting sweaty. I knew I should have installed a peephole... 

I hover my hand over the doorknob, hesitating, shaking. 

'Open up Rob!'

I recognize that voice. 

I open the door slowly, and there he is, Thierry

He's holding a bottle of liqueur in his right hand, his left on the doorframe, his head leaning against it. His hair is messy and greasy, his tie is sitting loosely around his neck as if he just pulled an all-nighter. He looks like a complete wreck. 

I take a good look at him before he lifts his head off of his hand and that's when I see his eyes. Has he been, crying

'Rob, I didn't mean to this afternoon...I-i... I was just angry seeing that new dude touching you like that in the chamber for everyone to see. You have to understand that' 

His word are slurred, and I can smell the liqueur on his breath. What is he doing here?

Yes, what he did was unacceptable...

He grabbed me by my collar in the middle of the lobby and made a scene. And everyone did see that. It was a lot less discrete than what Jesse did... In the chamber that is. 

The last thing I needed was Rutte being concerned about my well being as if we're all just children running around on his playground.

'Thierry, have you been drinking? It's not even five pm?'

We stand there for a good ten minutes, every minute that goes by I grow more uncomfortable. I have never seen him in this state, and it is starting to get a bit frightening to be honest. 

I don't want to forgive him, but I have to admit he does look heartbroken. 

'It's fine Thierry, we'll talk about it tomorrow.'

I'm not in the mood to talk to him any more right now, especially considering his intoxicated state. I go to close the door, but something is blocking it. 

His shoe. 

I frown at it and look Thierry in the eye, where I can see his determination. 

'Please Thierry, just leave, I'm tired and I'm not in the mood. We'll talk tomorrow.'

'What about what I am in the mood for? You only ever think about yourself' 

What is that supposed to mean?! I always care about him and his wishes... I mean I admit, I can have a strong opinion sometimes, but usually that is just about politics, which is my passion. 

Before I get the chance to try and push him out and close the door, he pushes it open and stumbles inside. 

'Thierry-'

I don't get to finish that sentence as he slams his mouth onto mine. He reeks of cheap cigarettes and booze. I try to push him off, but he is strong, too strong.

Before I know it my back is against the kitchen wall and the door slams shut behind Thierry. 

I manage to detach my lips from his as he proceeds on my cheeks and down to my neck. I try to push him off again but there's no budging. He's built like an elephant. 

'Thierry, please stop.. I-' 

Suddenly I hear an outrageously loud bang that scares the shit out of me even more...

- What do you think was the loud noise?!

When will we find out....?

XOXO your favorite Dutch girl

Oh and PS for everyone tagging Rob on TikTok that he needs to read this Wattpad story...  NO HE DOESN'T!!!!!! 

Rob if ur reading this, I love you! <3 Now leave... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 118 27
Hiya besties, I'm back with another banger... This one is better written than the last one in my humble opinion... You're a typical scholar in your t...
2.6M 104K 76
"In that case, you have two options. One: you don't get caught or two: you invite him to your party, seduce him, then tell him about your little kink...
78.5K 5.8K 47
Just when Seokjin was happily being independent, someone had to suddenly enter his life with different intentions that would surely change his perspe...
152K 6.6K 47
Who would have thought that even vampires could struggle to find their right one. We living humans experience heartbreak for so long until we finall...