Hating You From The Beginning

By nessaceja

[COMPLETE] "You know for someone who's a virgin you sure do talk about sex a lot." He says. "You should see... More

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀
𝟭 | 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
𝟮 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟯 | 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻
𝟰 | 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗯
𝟱 | 𝗴𝘁𝗮
𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟳 | 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘀
𝟴 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟵 | 𝗷𝗼𝗯
𝟭𝟬 | 𝘁𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 
𝟭𝟭 | 𝗮𝘅𝗲𝗹
𝟭𝟮 | 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 
𝟭𝟯 | 𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟭𝟰 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟭𝟱 | 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟲 | 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟳 | 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹
𝟭𝟴 | 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝟭𝟵 | 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟮𝟬 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟮𝟭 | 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟮𝟯 | 𝗷𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗻
𝟮𝟰 | 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁
𝟮𝟱 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝟮𝟲 | 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲
𝟮𝟳 | 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸
𝟮𝟴 | 𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆
𝟮𝟵 | 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹
𝟯𝟬 | 𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀
𝟯𝟭 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀
𝟯𝟮 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟯𝟯 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟯𝟰 | 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟯𝟯 | 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱
𝟯𝟰 | 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱
𝟯𝟱 | 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝟯𝟲| 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 
𝟯𝟳 | 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆
𝟯𝟴 | 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿
𝟯𝟵 | 𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝟰𝟬 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟰𝟭 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟰𝟮 | 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁
𝟰𝟯 | 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝟰𝟰| 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸
𝟰𝟱 | 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲
𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟰𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝗲𝘂𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲

𝟮𝟮 | 𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮

13.5K 298 187
By nessaceja

Roman mother freaking Grey, is a father-

What the actual fuck.

don't let the surprise show.

Fuck off.

Roman pick-ups his daughter,

oh my god, I feel weird saying that.

He picks her up and embraces her in a hug, okay so my ovaries might be in overdrive right now but who's wouldn't.

He looks really hot right—

oh god, stop! He's holding a child.

He gives me a look that I can't quite decipher, but at the same time, I think he's trying to figure out my reaction.

After a few seconds, he starts walking over to the living with Aria in his hands.

"I'm guessing he didn't tell you about Aria." His mother asks. The three of us go into the kitchen and sit on the island stools.

"He mentioned a little girl named Aria, and last night he told me she's more than some little girl. I'm guessing this is what he meant by that." I nervously chuckle.

Out of all the things I would've never guessed he was a father. and he's only 20 too, the little girl looks about two so he must've been maybe 18 when she was born.

"I told him he should tell you beforehand but I guess he had other plans." Rebecca sighs.

Roman walks into the kitchen with Aria in his hands, "Kai, can we talk?"

"Yeah sure," I follow him upstairs and we stop in a room, which I'm guessing is his. He puts Aria down on the bed, "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick. Do you mind?" He says gesturing towards Aria.

"Not at all." I say. He leaves the room and I shift my attention to the tiny human on the bed.

I've always loved children so it doesn't bother me watching her, "Hey there." I say with a smile.

"Hi." she giggles.

a little adorable.

I look around the room taking in details. I noticed there's a crib in the corner but looking at Aria and how big she is, I'm guessing she has her room now.

I see a few dolls on the floor next to the bed, I reach down and grab them.

"Here you go sweetheart," I hand her a doll and I hold on to the other one.

"You're pretty," She complements me.

Okay, I officially want one.

No, I'm 18.

"Thank you, princess, for your very beautiful yourself," I reply, but she doesn't seem to pay much attention. I follow her gaze and find Roman standing in the doorway, smiling.

smiling.

I'll never get used to that.

But how can you not smile with this little girl?

"It's not polite to eavesdrop," I tease.

He moves closer to the bed, taking a seat by the headboard, "I do apologize." He teases back.

I don't think I'll ever get used to this Roman.

"I'm sure you probably have a million questions right now."

That's an understatement.

"You bet."

"What do you want to know."

"Whatever you feel comfortable telling me. I don't want to force you into telling me anything you're not comfortable with." I explain.

He takes a sigh of relief before taking again, "well, this is Aria Hanna Grey. She's three."

three?

so that means he was—

"I can't practically hear the gears shifting in your brain, so let me do the math for you. She was born about a week after my 17th birthday." He explains, "her mom was a friend of mine, we got drunk at a party one night and didn't use a condom."

was.

"Was?" I ask.

"She uh... she died while giving birth to Aria. I didn't love her but I still cared for her so it hurt pretty bad."

I get off the bed and position myself next to him. I place my hand over him, rubbing my thumb on his hand, "Any questions?"

"Well, how many do I get to ask?"

"As many as you want."

This is a whole different side of Roman I've never seen before, usually, he's cold and closed off.

But right now he's vulnerable.

"Not a question but I'm guessing she lives with your parents so you can attend college?"

He nods, "yeah, it was a hard decision and I almost didn't go but eventually Rebecca and my parents convinced me. Plus I know she's in good hands."

"I'm also guessing this is where you spend your Sundays and every other weekend."

"Mhm."

"Who else knows about her."

"The guys, and Kenzie, and well now you."

"Does she see her mom's family?" I ask

He sighs and shakes his head, "they want nothing to do with her. They blame us both for Anna; her mom's death."

Is he serious? How can someone blame a child for her mother's death?

We sit there in silence the only noise filling it in is Aria's gibberish which is super adorable.

I play around with her which is very entertaining.

She may only be three but she has a lot to say.

"Your turn." Roman finally says.

"Excuse me?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He puts on is his infamous smirk, "I revealed something so now it's your turn."

"So this is a new tradition? Every time one of us reveals something the other has to do it too?"

"Yes."

Which of my many secrets should I tell him?

my dad is crazy?

My mom's dead?

or how about how my crazy dad tried killing me after my mom's death.

"I blame myself for my moms death, does that count?" I mocked.

I've never seen him drop his cool demeanor so quickly.

It's comical.

I start bursting out in laughter, "so you don't blame yourself?" He asks confused.

"Oh I very much do, but your face is comical" I say in between laughter.

You would think a normal person wouldn't laugh about their mother's death, but I refuse to cry over that.

The last time I did that was at her funeral.

"You didn't have to tell me that."

"Trust me that's the least crazy thing I could've told you."

"How—" I'm guessing he was going to ask how she died but his mom called for us before he could.

"Roman, Kai, come down here please."

"Time for you to meet my dad."

cue the anxiousness part 2.

"Great," I mutter under my breath.

We head downstairs with Aria in Roman's arms. We reach the bottom of the stairs and I'm met with a tall tanned skin man.

He has Roman's curly hair and eyes. They're literally clones.

"You must be Kailani, a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasures all mine Mr. Grey, and please call me Kai," I respond with a smile.

I think I made an okay impression on his parents.

"And you please call me Adrian, any friends of the twins are friends of ours."

We spent the afternoon hanging out with the twin's parents and getting to know each other.

I learned that Adrian is originally from Mexico City, Mexico, and he came here when he was 11.

Super cool if you ask me. Both my parents are Hispanic my mom was from Michoacán Mexican and my dad from Guatemala but he was born in the US.

I also told them about me, not everything though.

"I want to thank you both for having me for Thanksgiving. My brother also thanks you, he didn't want me spending it alone."

"Oh you have nothing to take us for, it's our pleasure."

Adrian and Sarah left to the kitchen to get dinner started apparently, they have a tradition of cooking together.

So cute.

Now it's just Rebecca, Roman, Aria, and I in the living room.

"I have a bone to pick with you little brother. You were supposed to tell Kai about Aria yesterday."

He rolls his eyes, I'm guessing it's mainly because she referred to him as 'little brother', "I didn't know how to bring it up. Plus it all worked out anyway because now she knows." He explains.

"Honestly it's all good, and like he said it worked out. I told him something about me that no one knows so know we're even."

"And what does he know that I don't?" she asks.

Am I ready to tell her? Yes.

I've known her for over two months and I feel super comfortable with her.

"That my mom's dead." I deadpan.

what?

Gotta rip of the bandage.

She gives me the same sympathetic look everyone always gives me. I look over to Roman and he has a somewhat shocked face. I don't think he expected me to just blurt it out as I did.

oh well.

i'm having the worst writers block rn😫 Ima re read my book from the beginning so I can figure out what I wanna do next.

kk bye :)

published 4•19•21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 250 12
Luna moves into her brother Damon's apartment the summer before her freshman year at college, being sheltered her whole life by her religious parents...
301K 9.3K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...
23.4K 462 46
Camilla Carter has had a rough life of abuse and pain. Her twin sister protects her as much as she can, until she can't. Keaton Woods, a boxing fight...
29.3K 884 53
Lucy Grey is a strong willed girl who goes to college, she has it all two best friends, a boyfriend who loves her, wonderful sister, perfect grades...